Reynolds American

111 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Engineer III Interview

Engineer III

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Reynolds American.

Interview Details – Recruiter contact. Phone interview. One on one interview. Technical and behaviour related questions. Resume realted questions

Interview Question – what do you feel about the tobacco industry   Answer Question

Territory Manager

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Reynolds American in March 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online and was contacted shortly thereafter for a brief phone interview with a recruiter. Questions were typical, "Why do you want to work for this company", "How do you feel about working for a tobacco company", etc. You are notified at that time if you qualify for the next round which is submission of an online video profile. Again, questions are very typical and you have the ability to re-record your answers prior to submission. Also, note that relocation and absolute mobility are required.

Prior to submission of the video profile (although I think typically this is done after) I spent a Day on the Trade (called a DOTT) with a manager in my area. This is your time to learn about the position and this part really matters. Be engaging, ask questions, and be actively involved in the process. Do not just stand there and observe. It is a good idea to have a basic knowledge of the products before this step and have a handful of good questions prepared.

About a week after the DOTT, I was invited for the panel interview and was given flight, hotel, and itinerary information as well as materials to prepare for the interview. The panel interview consisted of two groups of two upper level management. Questions refer to Reynolds Core Leadership Principles and you are expected to answer with specific examples. Have examples prepared and do your homework. The interviewers kept the tone relaxed and conversational which helps to put you at ease. There is certainly a feeling that they want you to succeed. Be outgoing, have questions ready, find one or two very specific reasons you want to work with them, and let your personality come out.

I was offered the position 2 days after the interview. At this point, the recruiter will determine your location preferences. Be very clear about where you are interested in going as I have the feeling that if you say "I will go anywhere" they will likely put you in their least desirable locations.

Interview Question – Give an example of a time you had a disagreement with a supervisor. What was the situation, how did you handle it, and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The compensation package is not negotiable although the location of your first assignment is.

Minneapolis, MN

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Reynolds American in October 2013.

Interview Details – Spoke with recruiter a few times - then completed online profile and recorded interviews - was contacted back and set up the "day on the trade" where i rode around with a district manager and a territory manager and met clients, and got a good feel for how things are done. That went well, so my recruiter called me back and we then set up panel interview. Once at the panel interview I was sent into two different rooms each with 2 people interviewing me. They asked a lot of situation type questions (how did you deal with blah blah etc) and then gave me time to ask questions. We talked about the area that I was interviewing in and if I liked it. I was then finished and took my flight back home - yes, they fly you out for the panel interview and pay for plane and hotel.
Once I was back in my hometown I heard back within 48 hours and I was offered the position.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Territory Manager

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Reynolds American.

Interview Details – 1. Submit an Online Application
2. Initial phone screening
3. Recorded Video Questions
4. Math assessment
5. Ride-Along
6. Panel Interview
7. Drug-test/Background Check
8. Location selection

Interview Question – What is a past experience where you changed the way a past employer does things and do they still follow your changes?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There is no negotiation and it is take it or leave it. People based in California get a little extra pay, but it is negated after 3 years. You somewhat have a choice in where you will relocate, but they will try to get you to choose the first location which is usually pretty bad.

Territory Manager III Interview

Territory Manager III
San Francisco, CA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Reynolds American in January 2010.

Interview Details – Communication was fantastic as when I applied there was a recruiter in place who assisted me the entire way through the interview. There are no longer recruiters which put me as a candidate at ease.

Interview Question – The need for industry knowledge is not necessary and they ask very broad basic questions. I cannot remember a specific question from the interview process.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was a set salary in place for high cost of living states and another set salary for the remaining states....no negotiations.

Territory Manager

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Reynolds American in March 2011.

Interview Details – Long, lots of behavioral interviews

Interview Question – Your faults   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None

Sales Representative Interview

Sales Representative

I applied through other source and interviewed at Reynolds American.

Interview Details – I was working for a company they purchased.

Interview Question – Never had an interview, opted out because I knew they would release seasoned employees..Even though they lied and said they would not.. They released nearly half of those who did not opt out.   Answer Question

San Francisco, CA

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Reynolds American in October 2013.

Interview Details – Very thorough interview and screening process. Phone screening, recorded web interview session, onsite panel interview. The onsite panel interview was a great experience. The preparation was a good exercise that helped with all future interviews.

Interview Question – How do you feel about working for a tobacco company.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No salary negotiation. Was able to give a location preference and they were able to offer a couple of locations matching the preferred region.

Very Difficult Interview

Anonymous Interview

Winston-Salem, NC

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Reynolds American in July 2009.

Interview Details – Look at paper credentials only, often in favor of more qualified and experienced people.

Interview Question – They are business cases.   View Answer

Territory Manager

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Reynolds American in November 2013.

Interview Details – I applied online and it took 2 weeks to get to the Day On The Trade.

Interview Details – I applied online through RJ Reynolds careers website and received an email to schedule a phone interview. Phone interview was very simple (Why R.J. Reynolds?; Describe previous work situations?; Territory preferences and Salary Expectations?).

Next I was sent an aptitude test to take online another very simple and straight forward process. Afterwards I was asked to do a video profile, this consists of you recording videos of yourself answering provided questions. You will have as many times as you want to record the video and make sure you dress nice as if you were going to an actual face to face interview. Again, the video profile is simple.

The next step in the interviewing process is to attend a D.O.T.T. or Day on The Trade, which consists of meeting with a D.M and current T.M.

with My expectation the DOTT is a learning phase to know more about the job responsibilities and know what you would actually do on a typical day; yet the actual experience was very bad as I was made sure to meet with the D.M and T.M, yet the D.M forgot that he was on leave for the scheduled day and the T.M was 30 min late.... Not a big deal... the experience took exactly 90 minutes then the T.M was excusing because its not her main area and she has to pick up the kids from school.... Huh...

What i found surprising is that as a Territory manager of such company, then the customers should at least know who she is !!!!!! No body knew why we were there and who we are..!!
I found it very weird and suspicious for a Territory Manager who had been in the same position for 25 years!!!!

The job is basically riding from client to another checking inventory, marketing material, and speaking with consumers and the owners to make sure everything is running smoothly.
It is a very interesting job and simple as there is no Sales Target to achieve nor customer orders to take and deliver.... apparently the TM was very upset with her clientele who are originally from the middle east and she was very disappointed with the fact that my origins are middle eastern and the fact that i speak Arabic..... which had led her to send a very racist and discriminated report to HR team, yet it is a phase to grasp information not to do any interviews or exams.....

If I had a poor performance in an interview, or if i failed in an exam i would say it is my fault and i should do my best next time but the fact that i was denied to continue the interview based on 1 persons hate and discrimination that is not acceptable...... as I believe that this country values people based on who they are and provide equal opportunities to all individuals based on their knowledge and experience... but unfortunately its not the case with RJ Reynolds..... I really don't recommend to apply and work for such People.....

Best Of Luck
Thaer

Interview Question – Where are you from?? why do you have a different accent!!!!   Answer Question