Reynolds American Interview Questions

Updated Apr 3, 2015
Updated Apr 3, 2015

Marketing Manager Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Reynolds American in November 2014.

Interview

Company Recruiter calls to set up phone interview. Phone interview with recruiter and told follow up with come in a week or two regarding next step. Then no follow up call or email at all indicating you were or were not being considered for the position.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you made a bad decision and what was the consequence.   Answer Question

Territory Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Reynolds American in October 2014.

Interview

Contacted by email from Recruiter inviting me to fill out the online assessment and application. After completing both, I was contacted within a week from the same recruiter. I was asked about my interest in the position and conducted a telephone interview which consisted of mainly behavioral questions for about 20 minutes. After I received an invitation to do a video presentation, again behavioral questions. I was contacted the next day with a invitation to do a Day on the trade ride along. Within a few days, I rode with a TM and Account Manager. After successfully completing this task, I was told that the last step in the process is a two-panel interview. I was flown to FL to complete the interview. The panels were held in the hotel's conference rooms. One room is set to be a harder interview than the other. The process took about 40 minutes per room.

Interview Questions

• Why should we hire you over any other candidate?   2 Answers

Territory Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Reynolds American in October 2014.

Interview

1.0. Online application: submitted resume and basic information.
    2.0. Telephone interview with recruiter: not difficult.
    3.0. Online assessment: simple questions and word problems.
    4.0. Video presentation: answered 6 questions which were recorded and uploaded for review.
    5.0. Day on the Trade: rode along with two current TM's and called on typical accounts.
    6.0. Two 2-panel interviews. Up to 12 questions per session.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had a conflict with a manager?   1 Answer

Territory Manager Interview

Interview

The first part is a phone screening which they will contact you through email to setup. Then there is a webcam series of recorded questions, then there is a ride along. Then you meet with two groups of managers who ask you a series of questions. You can pretty much take the lead and they are intelligent enough to carry that conversation

Interview Questions

• Whats the biggest mistake you've made? Why are you just now applying?   Answer Question

Territory Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Reynolds American.

Interview

I was referred to this job by an employee that I know in the same position. I received and email then a call from a recruiter. I was then invited by the recruiter to answer video questions online. I then received a call and email about doing a DOTT (Day On The Trade), which is a ride along with a current territory manager. I have not yet heard when the DOTT will happen but this has been a fast and efficient interview process. The communication is fast but the hiring process takes some time apparently. Overall it has been a good experience for me!

Interview Questions

• A question about what I have done to creatively resolve and issue in the work place. It's sometimes hard to come up with the best of your experiences!   1 Answer

Territory Manager Interview

Interview

I was contacted by the company and invited to apply for the position. I applied online and received an invitation for a 30-minute phone interview pretty fast. And the I was asked to do 7 webcam questions and a marketing aptitude assessment test. The day after I submitted my webcam questions I was informed that I will be attending the DOTT event with one Territory Manager and one Division Manager. I just finished it today and am waiting for the final round panel interviews.

Interview Questions

• How do you react when people ask you why you are selling a product that is not healthy for people.   Answer Question

Territory Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Reynolds American (Detroit, MI) in July 2014.

Interview

Applied online and was contacted within a week for a phone interview, which was mostly a get to know who I was, what I've done, what the job entailed, and some of the benefits. After that I was scheduled for a day on the trade. This was pretty cool as I was able to see the job first hand. I rode with another TM and his boss, both were very laid back and fun. Be sure to engage them, ask questions, make conversation, try to be as involved as possible. FInally, I was scheduled for the Panel Interview. I was put up in a hotel for the night with food, gas, and lodging paid for; and my interview was first thing in the morning. The interview was fairly typical except you will be able to interact with others who are interviewing with you since you are not competing for the same position but rather a position. Overall this was the best interview experience I've had as it was obvious that they took the process seriously but were easy to relate to.

Negotiation

Negotiation is minimal. Salary is set but starting pay, vacation, and benefits are good. Car (with gas and maintenance) and phone are huge positives.

Territory Manager/Trade Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Reynolds American.

Interview

I applied online via the website. The next day I received an email instructing me to schedule a time for an initial phone interview via their website. Three days later I did the phone interview with a recruiter. They were basic questions covering my resume, about me and why RJ Reynolds. I was informed I would be moving on to the next step within the process to include an assessment and video submission.

I received an email the same day with a link to answer seven questions via webcam. These questions include strengths/weaknesses, conflict management and other basic interview questions. Ensure you use the STAR format when providing your answers and you are dressed appropriately. The email also contained a link to the assessment. This portion contains basic math, English and a psychology component.

A day later after submission of both the assessment and videos, I was informed I would attend the day on the trade (DOTT). I participated six days after I was notified. I followed a TM and DM around the local area and saw what they did on a daily basis. It was really laid back and a great opportunity for me to learn about the day in and out. They were very helpful. At the end, you go over the day with the TM. Make sure you are engaged, ask questions and not just standing back.

Three days after the DOTT, I received a phone call from my recruiter informing me I was invited to attend the panel interview. I was flown to a city the day before and all expenses were paid for by the company. The panel consisted of two 30 minute interviews with two individuals each. The first interview, I felt, went really great. Instead of being grilled, it was more conversation based. The second interview was more question / answer format. I felt I bombed the last one. Ensure you utilize the STAR format, but be laid back. They make it very comfortable.

After returning home, the day after the panel my recruiter contacted me and informed me I was selected for a position and offered me a location. He allowed me to take a couple days to think about it. I declined the location and he offered another one. I took another day and ultimately accepted that offer. They did a background check and drug screening which took 10 days. I was then contacted and told I am part of the team.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

You cannon negotiate salary but you can negotiate location.

Territory Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Reynolds American in July 2014.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter, had a phone interview, then prerecord my response, did the day on the trade, they flew me out to nashville for the panel, panel was very nice and laid back, no need to stress or worry. The next morning they offered me two locations which i am still in the process of thinking about

Interview Questions

• Nothing was difficult, they invest a lot into their candidate so they want that in return   Answer Question

Still waiting on another location for negotiation

Territory Manager Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Reynolds American in July 2014.

Interview

I Applied online. Received an email to schedule phone interview. Had the phone interview exactly at the time scheduled. She was very pleasant and laid back. She asked situational question pertaining to the job.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you made a mistake and what was the outcome.   1 Answer