Reynolds American Interview Questions

Updated Sep 2, 2015

Territory Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Reynolds American in April 2015.

Interview

Brief phone interview with recruiter which was easy. You are then set up to take an evaluation test and do a video profile. which is basically a video interview. Then you move on to a day on the trade which is easy just stay engaged ask questions and show interest. Last step is a panel interview.

Territory Manager III Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Reynolds American (Kansas City, KS).

Interview

Phone interview, car ride with, flight to meet directors, hired and placed in a territory. Constant interaction with hiring manager. Very quick and positive experience. No wait for response to know how you did during the interview process.

Interview Questions

• Situational, and personal.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Reynolds American (Jacksonville, FL) in March 2015.

Interview

Phone interview recorded webcam interview day on the trade and finale was a panel interview the rep I was with for the day on the trade was awesome and so was the dm at the panel interview I was made an offer and accepted and then checked a box wrong on my background check which was a total clerical error but the woman in the legal department receinded my offer because I made the mistake said I tried to falsify information which was totally not the case I was devastated after finding a home to move to in the area I would be relocated to and then to have the offer taken away by a wrong click of a mouse

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Reynolds American (Detroit, MI) in March 2015.

Interview

Very exciting and worthwhile, the recruiters want you to succeed,. Started with a mail confirming my phone number. The recruiter calls me for an interview after which she send me a link for the online test and video interview. I passed all that and was scheduled for a day on the trade with a territory manager and Senior Manager. The DOTT was quite educating, the territory manager was a sweet lady. I was then scheduled for a panel interview having received a good feedback from the territory manager. The panel interview seem well however I received a mail stating I was not a good fit, no reasons where given though.

Interview Questions

• One time when I was able to work with a colleague who was not pulling is weight   1 Answer

Territory Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Reynolds American in February 2015.

Interview

1)Phone screening 2)Day of the Trade-RideAlong with Territory Manager and Key Account Manager..You will also be asked to submit a video interview and online assessment. If you pass all of this, they will fly you to a location for a set of panel interviews. Prior to leaving, your recruiter will prep you for the interview. Another HR person(position is outsourced)will guide you into both of the rooms for the interview. One of the rooms will have more experienced Managers and the questions are less structured and provide an opportunity to get to know you. The other room may have a manager with less experience and that interview is very structured and detailed. As an experienced professional in Consumer Products at the Grocery,Convenience,Mass,and Club Level with some headquarter experience along with having worked at a few reputable and well known companies in the industry, it was very disappointing to know that I was not offered a position. The job is very similar to other sale jobs in CPG. I think the company prefer less seasoned candidates(those under 30 or college grads) rather than someone who can do the job effectively and only need to be trained on more detailed product knowledge and there way of going to market.

Territory Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Reynolds American.

Interview

Long very detailed process but most goes through a recruiting company that honestly can even explain the job they are hiring for. Had a phone interview and went well. Asked a couple questions at the end but recruiter told me he didnt know but he was moving me forward and to ask the next person. Did webcam interview and long skills test. Skills test wasnt too hard but they challenge you to work fast math and other sections are timed to the point the know you wont finish just want to see how far you get. Grammar section was worse than SAT! Also did a ride along with a territory manager great hands on exp and the guy was very knowledgeable. Recruiter called about a week later to see if I had done my ride along yet... didnt understand how there is no communication. But anyways said it looks like a did good and he was going to have me sent to a panel interview out of state and told me what days it would be and that someone would contact me the next day to set up travel. Well instead got an email turning me down for the position the next day and no contact back from recruiter. Seems like for all the effort they put in to make it an extremely professional process someone dropped the ball

Territory Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Reynolds American in February 2015.

Interview

Phone interview, video interview that you record and edit till you're happy with result. F!ew me to panel interview and first panel was laid back and conversational, second was more structured and not as easy going.I felt the first part of the panel liked me, the second part I felt more of a judgemental, slightly unwelcoming vibe from one of the interviewers; the other seemed like she was really really tired. I did not good job offered the next day.

Interview Questions

• if you can redo the 5 day work week how would you do it and how would you sell it?   3 Answers
    • what are you passionate about?   Answer Question
    • what is the one thing that you are most proud of in your life( biggest accomplishment)?   Answer Question
    • Where do you get your work ethic from?   Answer Question
    • Who's been the greatest mentors in your life?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Reynolds American.

Interview

the hiring process is a bit long however very necessary. you will first be contacted by a 3rd party recruiter then the following will take place: 1.phone interview 2.video interview 3.day on the trade (go out and work with a Territory Manager for 4 hours) 4.pannel interview (fly out to meet with 2 sets of 2 senior managers)

Interview Questions

Negotiation

may be able to negotiate the location but not the salary

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Reynolds American.

Interview

I'll avoid listing all the steps everyone before me has answered I'll just stick with some tips. 1.)Make sure you follow your recruiters instructions. It's amazing how many tools they give you to set you up for success they essentially walk you through it. 2.)research the company and truly know why you want to work there 3. Ask lots of questions on the Day on The Trade and offer to be hands on ( pay attentions and be ready to discuss what happened during the next steps of the interview process) 4.)prepare yourself for the situational questions in the panel interview. They're not hard but sometimes it's hard to pull out your best examples under pressure. It really helps to have some in the back of your mind. 5. During the panel interview each room will more than likely have two completely different vibes. Don't get too relaxed or too uptight. I think they're trying to gauge if you can remain professional with different personalities. 6. I honestly didn't get the feeling they were trying to trip me up or scare me. They did throw a challenge or two at me but nothing too major. If you are passionate about the job and can find away to communicate why you're a great fit you should be fine. Research and practice. It may feel like overkill but at least if it doesn't work out you can know it wasn't because you failed to prepare.

Interview Questions

• Nothing difficult. They're gonna ask about situations where you have displayed each of their leadership dimensions. Make you familiarize yourself with them.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I accepted the first territory offered to me. The salary is not negotiable.

Territory Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Reynolds American.

Interview

The first couple interviews were standard, a recruiter calls and asks standard questions to see if you are a fit to move to the next process interview. They send you a link to complete a recorded interview and also the information of a territory manager near you so you can schedule for a day on the trade ride along. After that is all completed, they call you back and schedule to fly you to another city for an interview face to face with a panel.

Interview Questions

• Nothing was really difficult, however, there must be some magical formula in answering that they are looking for   Answer Question