Reynolds American

Updated Nov 27, 2014

2.9

71 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Territory Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Reynolds American.

The first couple interviews were standard, a recruiter calls and asks standard questions to see if you are a fit to move to the next process interview. They send you a link to complete a recorded interview and also the information of a territory manager near you so you can schedule for a day on the trade ride along. After that is all completed, they call you back and schedule to fly you to another city for an interview face to face with a panel.

Interview Questions
  • Nothing was really difficult, however, there must be some magical formula in answering that they are looking for   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Reynolds American

Territory Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Reynolds American.

Took about 1 month total. First the initial phone interview, than some Web Came questions, next a day on the trade, than they fly you for a final panel interview. Nothing to hard, I will suggest that if you make it to the panel interview go over the 6 leadership dimensions and have exact situations in your life that relate to each. Thats basically what the panel interview was ALL about.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing to difficult, just know how to answer in the STAR method and be exact in explaining situations. They are looking for leaders and great communicators.   Answer Question

Territory Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Reynolds American.

I sent in my resume and cover letter and was contacted right away the next morning to set up a half hour interview within the next 3 days. The recruiter asked very basic questions and moved me onto the second part which consisted of a personality test, day on the trade, and video interview. During the video interview I was given 7 questions and was to record myself answering those questions. You could take as much time as needed and also rerecord answers if you screwed up. I think the day on the trade was the most important part of the process going into the face to face interview. I spent a day with the territory manager in my area and had lunch with his boss who then came with us for the second half of the day. During this time as a lot of questions and be as hands on as possible. Obviously there is a lot more going into it but you can catch on to the basics pretty easy and help out as much as possible. Make small talk with both the territory manager and division manager and learn a little about them. Everyone I met from the company was very easy going and easy to talk to. After the day on the trade I was flown to the next step where me and one other person were brought up for 2 panel interviews with 2 people in each room. ***Note: the people you interview with are not your competition. At the time there were 14 position openings and 5 people interviewing. They want to fill as many positions as possible. Both my interviews were very laid back and conversational. The people that interview you are division managers and will see the notes from your day on the trade and take that into huge consideration on how they interview you. I felt it was one of the easier interviews I've done and felt comfortable. Did not ask any situational questions, mostly questions about my past and who I was as a person. Be as professional as the people interviewing you. They tell you what to wear and what to have with you that day. Follow those directions!

Interview Questions
    They will contact you 24-48 hours of your panel interview with or without an offer.

Territory Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Reynolds American in October 2014.

Contacted by email from Recruiter inviting me to fill out the online assessment and application. After completing both, I was contacted within a week from the same recruiter. I was asked about my interest in the position and conducted a telephone interview which consisted of mainly behavioral questions for about 20 minutes. After I received an invitation to do a video presentation, again behavioral questions. I was contacted the next day with a invitation to do a Day on the trade ride along. Within a few days, I rode with a TM and Account Manager. After successfully completing this task, I was told that the last step in the process is a two-panel interview. I was flown to FL to complete the interview. The panels were held in the hotel's conference rooms. One room is set to be a harder interview than the other. The process took about 40 minutes per room.

Interview Questions
    • Why should we hire you over any other candidate?   View Answer

Territory Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Reynolds American in October 2014.

1.0. Online application: submitted resume and basic information.
    2.0. Telephone interview with recruiter: not difficult.
    3.0. Online assessment: simple questions and word problems.
    4.0. Video presentation: answered 6 questions which were recorded and uploaded for review.
    5.0. Day on the Trade: rode along with two current TM's and called on typical accounts.
    6.0. Two 2-panel interviews. Up to 12 questions per session.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you had a conflict with a manager?   View Answer

Territory Manager Interview

The first part is a phone screening which they will contact you through email to setup. Then there is a webcam series of recorded questions, then there is a ride along. Then you meet with two groups of managers who ask you a series of questions. You can pretty much take the lead and they are intelligent enough to carry that conversation

Interview Questions
    • Whats the biggest mistake you've made? Why are you just now applying?   Answer Question

Territory Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Reynolds American.

I was referred to this job by an employee that I know in the same position. I received and email then a call from a recruiter. I was then invited by the recruiter to answer video questions online. I then received a call and email about doing a DOTT (Day On The Trade), which is a ride along with a current territory manager. I have not yet heard when the DOTT will happen but this has been a fast and efficient interview process. The communication is fast but the hiring process takes some time apparently. Overall it has been a good experience for me!

Interview Questions
    • A question about what I have done to creatively resolve and issue in the work place. It's sometimes hard to come up with the best of your experiences!   View Answer

Territory Manager Interview

I was contacted by the company and invited to apply for the position. I applied online and received an invitation for a 30-minute phone interview pretty fast. And the I was asked to do 7 webcam questions and a marketing aptitude assessment test. The day after I submitted my webcam questions I was informed that I will be attending the DOTT event with one Territory Manager and one Division Manager. I just finished it today and am waiting for the final round panel interviews.

Interview Questions
    • How do you react when people ask you why you are selling a product that is not healthy for people.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Reynolds American in July 2014.

Applied online and was contacted within a week for a phone interview, which was mostly a get to know who I was, what I've done, what the job entailed, and some of the benefits. After that I was scheduled for a day on the trade. This was pretty cool as I was able to see the job first hand. I rode with another TM and his boss, both were very laid back and fun. Be sure to engage them, ask questions, make conversation, try to be as involved as possible. FInally, I was scheduled for the Panel Interview. I was put up in a hotel for the night with food, gas, and lodging paid for; and my interview was first thing in the morning. The interview was fairly typical except you will be able to interact with others who are interviewing with you since you are not competing for the same position but rather a position. Overall this was the best interview experience I've had as it was obvious that they took the process seriously but were easy to relate to.

Negotiation is minimal. Salary is set but starting pay, vacation, and benefits are good. Car (with gas and maintenance) and phone are huge positives.

Territory Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Reynolds American in July 2014.

I was contacted by a recruiter, had a phone interview, then prerecord my response, did the day on the trade, they flew me out to nashville for the panel, panel was very nice and laid back, no need to stress or worry. The next morning they offered me two locations which i am still in the process of thinking about

Interview Questions
    • Nothing was difficult, they invest a lot into their candidate so they want that in return   Answer Question

Still waiting on another location for negotiation