Reynolds American Territory Manager Interview Questions

Updated Oct 15, 2014

2.9

67 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Territory Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Reynolds American in October 2014.

Contacted by email from Recruiter inviting me to fill out the online assessment and application. After completing both, I was contacted within a week from the same recruiter. I was asked about my interest in the position and conducted a telephone interview which consisted of mainly behavioral questions for about 20 minutes. After I received an invitation to do a video presentation, again behavioral questions. I was contacted the next day with a invitation to do a Day on the trade ride along. Within a few days, I rode with a TM and Account Manager. After successfully completing this task, I was told that the last step in the process is a two-panel interview. I was flown to FL to complete the interview. The panels were held in the hotel's conference rooms. One room is set to be a harder interview than the other. The process took about 40 minutes per room.

Interview Questions
  • Why should we hire you over any other candidate?   View Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Reynolds American

Territory Manager Interview

The first part is a phone screening which they will contact you through email to setup. Then there is a webcam series of recorded questions, then there is a ride along. Then you meet with two groups of managers who ask you a series of questions. You can pretty much take the lead and they are intelligent enough to carry that conversation

Interview Questions
    • Whats the biggest mistake you've made? Why are you just now applying?   Answer Question

Territory Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Reynolds American.

I was referred to this job by an employee that I know in the same position. I received and email then a call from a recruiter. I was then invited by the recruiter to answer video questions online. I then received a call and email about doing a DOTT (Day On The Trade), which is a ride along with a current territory manager. I have not yet heard when the DOTT will happen but this has been a fast and efficient interview process. The communication is fast but the hiring process takes some time apparently. Overall it has been a good experience for me!

Interview Questions
    • A question about what I have done to creatively resolve and issue in the work place. It's sometimes hard to come up with the best of your experiences!   View Answer

Territory Manager Interview

I was contacted by the company and invited to apply for the position. I applied online and received an invitation for a 30-minute phone interview pretty fast. And the I was asked to do 7 webcam questions and a marketing aptitude assessment test. The day after I submitted my webcam questions I was informed that I will be attending the DOTT event with one Territory Manager and one Division Manager. I just finished it today and am waiting for the final round panel interviews.

Interview Questions
    • How do you react when people ask you why you are selling a product that is not healthy for people.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Reynolds American in July 2014.

Applied online and was contacted within a week for a phone interview, which was mostly a get to know who I was, what I've done, what the job entailed, and some of the benefits. After that I was scheduled for a day on the trade. This was pretty cool as I was able to see the job first hand. I rode with another TM and his boss, both were very laid back and fun. Be sure to engage them, ask questions, make conversation, try to be as involved as possible. FInally, I was scheduled for the Panel Interview. I was put up in a hotel for the night with food, gas, and lodging paid for; and my interview was first thing in the morning. The interview was fairly typical except you will be able to interact with others who are interviewing with you since you are not competing for the same position but rather a position. Overall this was the best interview experience I've had as it was obvious that they took the process seriously but were easy to relate to.

Negotiation is minimal. Salary is set but starting pay, vacation, and benefits are good. Car (with gas and maintenance) and phone are huge positives.

Territory Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Reynolds American in July 2014.

I was contacted by a recruiter, had a phone interview, then prerecord my response, did the day on the trade, they flew me out to nashville for the panel, panel was very nice and laid back, no need to stress or worry. The next morning they offered me two locations which i am still in the process of thinking about

Interview Questions
    • Nothing was difficult, they invest a lot into their candidate so they want that in return   Answer Question

Still waiting on another location for negotiation

Territory Manager Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Reynolds American in July 2014.

I Applied online. Received an email to schedule phone interview. Had the phone interview exactly at the time scheduled. She was very pleasant and laid back. She asked situational question pertaining to the job.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time when you made a mistake and what was the outcome.   View Answer

Territory Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Reynolds American in July 2014.

phone interview basic questions, tell me when you made a sale, general questions. then 7 web cam questions then an assessment test , web cam questions 7 which you can re record. Then they fly you out to a location which include two two panel interviews with two people. Not too bad questions on a skill you learned, make sure you have a lot of situtations, ready and questions ready. Give an example of a mentor and what trait you admired. I'm still waiting to hear if i got the job or not good luck!

Interview Questions
    • Please describe something you are passionate about like a book or movie? how did you share that passion in front of people when did you know not to share that passion?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Reynolds American in May 2014.

Long process. Phone screening followed by assessment, then a web cam interview, then a Day on the Trade- job shadowing process. Final step is a two panel interview hosted in two different rooms with 2 people each. Usually notified in 24 hours with phone or email.

Territory Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Reynolds American in March 2014.

I applied online and was contacted shortly thereafter for a brief phone interview with a recruiter. Questions were typical, "Why do you want to work for this company", "How do you feel about working for a tobacco company", etc. You are notified at that time if you qualify for the next round which is submission of an online video profile. Again, questions are very typical and you have the ability to re-record your answers prior to submission. Also, note that relocation and absolute mobility are required.

Prior to submission of the video profile (although I think typically this is done after) I spent a Day on the Trade (called a DOTT) with a manager in my area. This is your time to learn about the position and this part really matters. Be engaging, ask questions, and be actively involved in the process. Do not just stand there and observe. It is a good idea to have a basic knowledge of the products before this step and have a handful of good questions prepared.

About a week after the DOTT, I was invited for the panel interview and was given flight, hotel, and itinerary information as well as materials to prepare for the interview. The panel interview consisted of two groups of two upper level management. Questions refer to Reynolds Core Leadership Principles and you are expected to answer with specific examples. Have examples prepared and do your homework. The interviewers kept the tone relaxed and conversational which helps to put you at ease. There is certainly a feeling that they want you to succeed. Be outgoing, have questions ready, find one or two very specific reasons you want to work with them, and let your personality come out.

I was offered the position 2 days after the interview. At this point, the recruiter will determine your location preferences. Be very clear about where you are interested in going as I have the feeling that if you say "I will go anywhere" they will likely put you in their least desirable locations.

Interview Questions
    • Give an example of a time you had a disagreement with a supervisor. What was the situation, how did you handle it, and what was the outcome?   Answer Question
    The compensation package is not negotiable although the location of your first assignment is.