Reynolds American Territory Manager Interview Questions & Reviews

2.9

65 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Minneapolis, MN
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Reynolds American in October 2013.

Spoke with recruiter a few times - then completed online profile and recorded interviews - was contacted back and set up the "day on the trade" where i rode around with a district manager and a territory manager and met clients, and got a good feel for how things are done. That went well, so my recruiter called me back and we then set up panel interview. Once at the panel interview I was sent into two different rooms each with 2 people interviewing me. They asked a lot of situation type questions (how did you deal with blah blah etc) and then gave me time to ask questions. We talked about the area that I was interviewing in and if I liked it. I was then finished and took my flight back home - yes, they fly you out for the panel interview and pay for plane and hotel.
Once I was back in my hometown I heard back within 48 hours and I was offered the position.

Other Interview Reviews for Reynolds American

Territory Manager Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Reynolds American.

1. Submit an Online Application
    2. Initial phone screening
    3. Recorded Video Questions
    4. Math assessment
    5. Ride-Along
    6. Panel Interview
    7. Drug-test/Background Check
    8. Location selection

Interview Questions
    • What is a past experience where you changed the way a past employer does things and do they still follow your changes?   Answer Question
    There is no negotiation and it is take it or leave it. People based in California get a little extra pay, but it is negated after 3 years. You somewhat have a choice in where you will relocate, but they will try to get you to choose the first location which is usually pretty bad.

Territory Manager Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Reynolds American in March 2011.

Long, lots of behavioral interviews

None

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Reynolds American in October 2013.

Very thorough interview and screening process. Phone screening, recorded web interview session, onsite panel interview. The onsite panel interview was a great experience. The preparation was a good exercise that helped with all future interviews.

Interview Questions
    • How do you feel about working for a tobacco company.   View Answer
    No salary negotiation. Was able to give a location preference and they were able to offer a couple of locations matching the preferred region.

Territory Manager Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Reynolds American in November 2013.

I applied online and it took 2 weeks to get to the Day On The Trade.

Interview Details – I applied online through RJ Reynolds careers website and received an email to schedule a phone interview. Phone interview was very simple (Why R.J. Reynolds?; Describe previous work situations?; Territory preferences and Salary Expectations?).

Next I was sent an aptitude test to take online another very simple and straight forward process. Afterwards I was asked to do a video profile, this consists of you recording videos of yourself answering provided questions. You will have as many times as you want to record the video and make sure you dress nice as if you were going to an actual face to face interview. Again, the video profile is simple.

The next step in the interviewing process is to attend a D.O.T.T. or Day on The Trade, which consists of meeting with a D.M and current T.M.

with My expectation the DOTT is a learning phase to know more about the job responsibilities and know what you would actually do on a typical day; yet the actual experience was very bad as I was made sure to meet with the D.M and T.M, yet the D.M forgot that he was on leave for the scheduled day and the T.M was 30 min late.... Not a big deal... the experience took exactly 90 minutes then the T.M was excusing because its not her main area and she has to pick up the kids from school.... Huh...

What i found surprising is that as a Territory manager of such company, then the customers should at least know who she is !!!!!! No body knew why we were there and who we are..!!
    I found it very weird and suspicious for a Territory Manager who had been in the same position for 25 years!!!!

The job is basically riding from client to another checking inventory, marketing material, and speaking with consumers and the owners to make sure everything is running smoothly.
    It is a very interesting job and simple as there is no Sales Target to achieve nor customer orders to take and deliver.... apparently the TM was very upset with her clientele who are originally from the middle east and she was very disappointed with the fact that my origins are middle eastern and the fact that i speak Arabic..... which had led her to send a very racist and discriminated report to HR team, yet it is a phase to grasp information not to do any interviews or exams.....

If I had a poor performance in an interview, or if i failed in an exam i would say it is my fault and i should do my best next time but the fact that i was denied to continue the interview based on 1 persons hate and discrimination that is not acceptable...... as I believe that this country values people based on who they are and provide equal opportunities to all individuals based on their knowledge and experience... but unfortunately its not the case with RJ Reynolds..... I really don't recommend to apply and work for such People.....

Best Of Luck
    Thaer

Interview Questions
    • Where are you from?? why do you have a different accent!!!!   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee  in  Nashville, TN
    Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Reynolds American in July 2013.

First, I got called from a recruiter and did not apply for this position. They contacted me. Second, I had a 30 minute phone interview with the recruiter. This was more of a qualifying call than anything else. Then, a video profile and assessment. Then, I whole day ride a long with a TM in my area. Then, they flew me to a panel interview in Nashville, TN. This seems like a lot for a position with this type salary and expensive interview process. Especially, with all the technology available today i.e. Skype, Facetime, Go to meeting, Joinme etc.

I did not get an offer. This was very dissappointing and a huge waste of my time. I have over 14 years outside sales experience and a undergrad in Marketing. I felt as if they were intimadated by me and my accomplishments. I was a Diamond Club Sales Rep for a large Company in the past. It seems like they are more interested in recent college grads that can mold, brainwash, and manipulate.

Also, be prepared to relocate. I think this is the other reason they like recent college grads. If you are a homeowner or are seasoned do not waste your time. I could have outsold any one of the interviewers that spoke with me on the panel. They are behavior based questions and are very challenging to answer.... No matter how you answer them, it is difficult to gauge what they are looking for in your answer. This was a huge waste of time and I regret taking it that far. Also, how about getting to know me as a person and employee? Not just gauge how I react/respond to some behavioral based questions. Thanks but no thanks RJR. Good Luck with your green peas

Interview Questions
    • What major problem have you encountered
      and how did you deal with it?
      Tell me about a time when you were on a
      team, and one ofthemembers wasn’t doing
      his or hershare.
      Describe a time when you experienced a
      significant change that you did notinitiate.
      How did you react?
      Please give me an example of a time when
      you took the initiative to improve a specific
      work process.
      Give me an example of a time when you
      surpassed a customer’s expectation
        Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Shreveport, LA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shreveport, LA

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Reynolds American.

Easy going interview...heard it has gotten much tougher

Territory Manager Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Reynolds American.

First I had a phone interview with somebody at a recruiting company.. she seemed to be reading from a script the whole time but at the end of the call she told me I was moving on in the process. I then had to do a web profile and answer questions to a webcam. I did the DOTT with a TM and his boss (Account Manager). Really connected with the TM, but the AM did not seem very impressed with me.

Interview Questions
    • Discuss a specific time you had a conflict or challenging relationship with a current or previous manager.   Answer Question

Territory Manager Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Reynolds American.

Applied online. It took 3 weeks of continually checking up on my resume before I got a phone interview. After that I did an online virtual interview via webcam and took an aptitude test, math, grammar, and psychology analysis. A day later I got called to Atlanta Georgia for a panel interview. I havent done it yet but the recruiter said that it consists of two panels each asking leadship based questions.

Interview Questions
    • So far I anticipate the panel interview to be the hardest. Question name a time when you had a conflict with a co-worker or manager how did you handle it?   Answer Question
    no job offer yet but I will get one.

Anonymous Employee  in  Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I interviewed online - interviewed at Reynolds American in June 2013.

Call interview. First they called 45 min late and had to re schedule the interview (one week later). Regular questions: Walk me in your resume, Why RJ Reynolds should hire you? Difficult situation with a customer and how you handle it.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions. Just they are expecting your answers to be extremely related to the oppening, eventhough your experience is not related to the oppening.   Answer Question