Reynolds American Territory Manager Interview Questions

Updated Apr 3, 2015
Updated Apr 3, 2015

2.9

Territory Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Reynolds American.

Interview

I was referred to this job by an employee that I know in the same position. I received and email then a call from a recruiter. I was then invited by the recruiter to answer video questions online. I then received a call and email about doing a DOTT (Day On The Trade), which is a ride along with a current territory manager. I have not yet heard when the DOTT will happen but this has been a fast and efficient interview process. The communication is fast but the hiring process takes some time apparently. Overall it has been a good experience for me!

Interview Questions

• A question about what I have done to creatively resolve and issue in the work place. It's sometimes hard to come up with the best of your experiences!   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Reynolds American

Territory Manager Interview

Interview

I was contacted by the company and invited to apply for the position. I applied online and received an invitation for a 30-minute phone interview pretty fast. And the I was asked to do 7 webcam questions and a marketing aptitude assessment test. The day after I submitted my webcam questions I was informed that I will be attending the DOTT event with one Territory Manager and one Division Manager. I just finished it today and am waiting for the final round panel interviews.

Interview Questions

• How do you react when people ask you why you are selling a product that is not healthy for people.   Answer Question

Territory Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Reynolds American (Detroit, MI) in July 2014.

Interview

Applied online and was contacted within a week for a phone interview, which was mostly a get to know who I was, what I've done, what the job entailed, and some of the benefits. After that I was scheduled for a day on the trade. This was pretty cool as I was able to see the job first hand. I rode with another TM and his boss, both were very laid back and fun. Be sure to engage them, ask questions, make conversation, try to be as involved as possible. FInally, I was scheduled for the Panel Interview. I was put up in a hotel for the night with food, gas, and lodging paid for; and my interview was first thing in the morning. The interview was fairly typical except you will be able to interact with others who are interviewing with you since you are not competing for the same position but rather a position. Overall this was the best interview experience I've had as it was obvious that they took the process seriously but were easy to relate to.

Negotiation

Negotiation is minimal. Salary is set but starting pay, vacation, and benefits are good. Car (with gas and maintenance) and phone are huge positives.

Territory Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Reynolds American in July 2014.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter, had a phone interview, then prerecord my response, did the day on the trade, they flew me out to nashville for the panel, panel was very nice and laid back, no need to stress or worry. The next morning they offered me two locations which i am still in the process of thinking about

Interview Questions

• Nothing was difficult, they invest a lot into their candidate so they want that in return   Answer Question

Still waiting on another location for negotiation

Territory Manager Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Reynolds American in July 2014.

Interview

I Applied online. Received an email to schedule phone interview. Had the phone interview exactly at the time scheduled. She was very pleasant and laid back. She asked situational question pertaining to the job.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you made a mistake and what was the outcome.   1 Answer

Territory Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Reynolds American in July 2014.

Interview

phone interview basic questions, tell me when you made a sale, general questions. then 7 web cam questions then an assessment test , web cam questions 7 which you can re record. Then they fly you out to a location which include two two panel interviews with two people. Not too bad questions on a skill you learned, make sure you have a lot of situtations, ready and questions ready. Give an example of a mentor and what trait you admired. I'm still waiting to hear if i got the job or not good luck!

Interview Questions

• Please describe something you are passionate about like a book or movie? how did you share that passion in front of people when did you know not to share that passion?   Answer Question

Territory Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Reynolds American (Kansas City, MO) in May 2014.

Interview

Long process. Phone screening followed by assessment, then a web cam interview, then a Day on the Trade- job shadowing process. Final step is a two panel interview hosted in two different rooms with 2 people each. Usually notified in 24 hours with phone or email.

Interview Questions

• How would you change the 5 Day Work Week?   2 Answers

Territory Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Reynolds American in March 2014.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted shortly thereafter for a brief phone interview with a recruiter. Questions were typical, "Why do you want to work for this company", "How do you feel about working for a tobacco company", etc. You are notified at that time if you qualify for the next round which is submission of an online video profile. Again, questions are very typical and you have the ability to re-record your answers prior to submission. Also, note that relocation and absolute mobility are required.

Prior to submission of the video profile (although I think typically this is done after) I spent a Day on the Trade (called a DOTT) with a manager in my area. This is your time to learn about the position and this part really matters. Be engaging, ask questions, and be actively involved in the process. Do not just stand there and observe. It is a good idea to have a basic knowledge of the products before this step and have a handful of good questions prepared.

About a week after the DOTT, I was invited for the panel interview and was given flight, hotel, and itinerary information as well as materials to prepare for the interview. The panel interview consisted of two groups of two upper level management. Questions refer to Reynolds Core Leadership Principles and you are expected to answer with specific examples. Have examples prepared and do your homework. The interviewers kept the tone relaxed and conversational which helps to put you at ease. There is certainly a feeling that they want you to succeed. Be outgoing, have questions ready, find one or two very specific reasons you want to work with them, and let your personality come out.

I was offered the position 2 days after the interview. At this point, the recruiter will determine your location preferences. Be very clear about where you are interested in going as I have the feeling that if you say "I will go anywhere" they will likely put you in their least desirable locations.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time you had a disagreement with a supervisor. What was the situation, how did you handle it, and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Negotiation

The compensation package is not negotiable although the location of your first assignment is.

Territory Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Reynolds American.

Interview

1. Submit an Online Application
    2. Initial phone screening
    3. Recorded Video Questions
    4. Math assessment
    5. Ride-Along
    6. Panel Interview
    7. Drug-test/Background Check
    8. Location selection

Interview Questions

• What is a past experience where you changed the way a past employer does things and do they still follow your changes?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There is no negotiation and it is take it or leave it. People based in California get a little extra pay, but it is negated after 3 years. You somewhat have a choice in where you will relocate, but they will try to get you to choose the first location which is usually pretty bad.

Territory Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Reynolds American in November 2013.

Interview

I applied online and it took 2 weeks to get to the Day On The Trade.

Interview Details – I applied online through RJ Reynolds careers website and received an email to schedule a phone interview. Phone interview was very simple (Why R.J. Reynolds?; Describe previous work situations?; Territory preferences and Salary Expectations?).

Next I was sent an aptitude test to take online another very simple and straight forward process. Afterwards I was asked to do a video profile, this consists of you recording videos of yourself answering provided questions. You will have as many times as you want to record the video and make sure you dress nice as if you were going to an actual face to face interview. Again, the video profile is simple.

The next step in the interviewing process is to attend a D.O.T.T. or Day on The Trade, which consists of meeting with a D.M and current T.M.

with My expectation the DOTT is a learning phase to know more about the job responsibilities and know what you would actually do on a typical day; yet the actual experience was very bad as I was made sure to meet with the D.M and T.M, yet the D.M forgot that he was on leave for the scheduled day and the T.M was 30 min late.... Not a big deal... the experience took exactly 90 minutes then the T.M was excusing because its not her main area and she has to pick up the kids from school.... Huh...

What i found surprising is that as a Territory manager of such company, then the customers should at least know who she is !!!!!! No body knew why we were there and who we are..!!
    I found it very weird and suspicious for a Territory Manager who had been in the same position for 25 years!!!!

The job is basically riding from client to another checking inventory, marketing material, and speaking with consumers and the owners to make sure everything is running smoothly.
    It is a very interesting job and simple as there is no Sales Target to achieve nor customer orders to take and deliver.... apparently the TM was very upset with her clientele who are originally from the middle east and she was very disappointed with the fact that my origins are middle eastern and the fact that i speak Arabic..... which had led her to send a very racist and discriminated report to HR team, yet it is a phase to grasp information not to do any interviews or exams.....

If I had a poor performance in an interview, or if i failed in an exam i would say it is my fault and i should do my best next time but the fact that i was denied to continue the interview based on 1 persons hate and discrimination that is not acceptable...... as I believe that this country values people based on who they are and provide equal opportunities to all individuals based on their knowledge and experience... but unfortunately its not the case with RJ Reynolds..... I really don't recommend to apply and work for such People.....

Best Of Luck
    Thaer

Interview Questions

• Where are you from?? why do you have a different accent!!!!   Answer Question