Reynolds American Territory Sales Manager Interview Questions

3.3

Territory Sales Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at Reynolds American in July 2014.

Interview

I had been in contact with the recruiter for about 6 months and she seemed really interested the two times I spoke to her. I was originally 6 months from graduating with my bachelors when I first spoke to the recruiter and because of the relocation requirement they were not able to continue the interview process. I was told to call when I was one month away from graduating and she even gave me her cell phone number.
I felt that I had built a rapport and called when I was one month away from graduating. I did the phone interview with the same person who I had dealt with several times before so I felt fairly confident. I must not have been what they were looking for, however, because I got a rejection email the following day.
My advice is that if you have a family don't mention it! Don't mention that you're married and/or if you have children when they ask you to talk about yourself. I'm not sure if that was the issue for me or if I just really bombed the "average" interview questions. Either way, I got the feeling they are looking for young college graduates, not persons with a family. Even though I was completely available for relocation, which is a priority for this job, I wasn't able to get past the phone interview.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Reynolds American

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reno, NV

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Reynolds American (Reno, NV) in August 2013.

Interview

I applied online then received a email for a phone interview. Pretty simple. Its a recruiting company so their just asking you things about your resume and why R J Reynolds? Then you will have to do a video interview and ask questions provided for you. once you pass that you will have your Day on the Trade with a TM in your area. I loved my TM and his division manager. I was myself and ask plenty of question related to your day to show your interest in the position. Do not ask question related to salary! Your TM and Dm on that DOT are criticing you to the hiring board so its important to make a great impression. Once you pass that you will have a panel interview which is a little intense, but if you are comfortable and confident in your skills you will do great! One panel I really enjoyed talking with the interviewees and the second panel made me feel like i might not get the job, but you find out rather fast if you get the job or not. in about 24 hours.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you a to rearrange you schedule due to work and rearrange and organize your time?   1 Answer

Negotiation

ask do you accept your offer and choosing your territory

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Reynolds American (Philadelphia, PA) in April 2012.

Interview

Phone screening, online questionnaire, webcam interview, day in the field with a territory manager, then an overnight in a hotel for a panel interview with two groups of managers.

Note that I gave a negative rating not because of the process itself, but because of what happens after when I attempted to accept their job offer.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you failed at a project, what did you do and how did you respond? What happened?   Answer Question

Negotiation

My final interview was on a Friday, and I was told that I would hear Monday morning one way or the other. If I was rejected, it would be an email, if I was accepted, it would be a phone call from the recruiter. I got a call Monday morning offering me the job, albeit in a different territory from the one I interviewed for (though it had been mentioned as a possibility). Since I am open to relocation and really want to work for Santa Fe (still do), I accepted the offer.

That's where things get weird. After I said yes, the recruiter got hesitant on the phone and asked me what objections I might have to the city (East St Louis). I told him I had no objections to working there if that was where the opportunity was. He told be to do some research and call him back with a list of objections and if they needed to find another territory to place me in, he would try to do that.

I called back later as he asked and explained that I recognized that East St Louis is a troubled city in many ways with a high crime rate, but that I very much wanted to work for Santa Fe Natural and would gladly accept that territory if that's where I was needed.

He said he would talk to the local supervisor and get back to me with their decision (remember, this is after they had apparently already made the decision to hire me and offered a job). I never heard back from him, and several of my voicemails went unreturned. I've tried to stay in touch periodically since, and have applied to other jobs at the company, but have received no response. Very odd.

Territory Sales Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Reynolds American.

Interview

Contacted for a phone interview, then recorded webcam questions, completed day on the trade where you shadow a person in the position, then flew in for panel interviews.

Interview Questions

• Questions about my role model sort of came out of nowhere.   Answer Question

Territory Sales Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Reynolds American.

Interview

Phone Interview, Web Cam Interview, Panel Interview

Territory Sales Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Reynolds American in September 2011.

Interview

I recently had my phone interview in which they ask you the standard questions: "Why RJ Reynolds?" "Why are you looking for a new position with a new company?" "What makes you a good fit for RJ Reynolds?" "Describe a time when you made a mistake with a consumer, how did you handle it, and what was the outcome?" "Describe a time when you had to get customers/clientts to trust you and how did you do that?"

The interviewer was very curt and cut straight to the point. There was no rapport building or anything, just "hi my name is ____ and I'm calling from RJ Reynolds. Why us?"

After that, they said that I'd hear back from them in the next week. Received an e-mail saying they were pursuing other candidates. I will continue looking for positions with this company.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you made a mistake with a customer. How did you handle it and what was the outcome?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you had to get a customer/client to trust in you. How did you accomplish that?   Answer Question