Reynolds and Reynolds

Getting the Interview

11 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Interviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds

Interview Details – I sent my resume to the company for a sales position, they are very interested in me. I was asked to take an "Assessment Test" I agreed and proceeded with the test. In sales I have taken many test in my life, I have never and I mean never taken one like this. What does it matter if you know the speed of a printer, what should matter that you can SELL.

Interview Question – Don't bother sending these guys your resume, I believe they want a "Scientist" for the job. I have friends in the company and they did not have to take the assessment test, and I am glad they turned me down. I heard it's not a good place to work and management are MICRO managers. They call the sales person to ensure they are out working, that means they do not believe in their sales team. Who want to work in environment like that!!   Answer Question

Account Manager

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds.

Interview Details – There were multiple tests that were done online that included basic math skills and a personality test. After completing multiple tests and being contacted through email to take another set of questions I was hesitant in answering more questions. Finally a quick phone interview. I did not receive another call after this.

Interview Question – The personality and skill tests took a long time to complete. Overall I believe it took 5 hours total.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Greensboro, NC

I applied through college or university and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds.

Interview Details – The interview was extremely easy. I initially submitted my resume through my university career services website and was contacted soon after by a recruiting agent. I interviewed in person with a regional manager which was very relaxed and then later had a phone interview with the area adviser. He was extremely rude and brash and made me very uncomfortable. I did receive an offer but later declined because I was not interested. I also had a very bad impression of the company when reading reviews and was even asked during an interview if I had looked at this website to see what others had said.

Interview Question – The most difficult question I was asked was if I was more driven by money or promotions. The correct answer is money because it is a commission based position. Additionally, during one interview I was going to be asked to "sell a pen" to the gentleman but we did not have enough time.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I decided I did not want to do sales, I was then put through an interview process for a consulting position. The position paid $5,000 less and I said I would only consider if the salary was the equivalent to my initial offer because the new position required much more travel and time away from home. I interviewed but did not get past the first round for that position.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Kettering, OH

I applied through college or university and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds in November 2012.

Interview Details – Took a skills assessment, interview with corporate recruiter, interview with regional sales director, another skills assessment, interview with the regional VP. Quite a few steps but able to get through them fairly quickly, they're very good about setting up interviews as soon as possible and keeping you in the loop the whole time. All interviews were relaxed, more of a conversation with a few questions thrown in, just trying to actually get to know you better.

Interview Question – Would you recommend...?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Fort Collins, CO

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds in August 2012.

Interview Details – Got an email from someone with HR that asked me to complete personality assessment and an aptitude test. Took around two hours and the SAT type questions were challenging. And even though they have your resume (that's why they contacted you in the first place), you are required to complete an entire section regarding past job responsibilities.

But much of it was worthless. Questions about where Princess Di was killed and something about the Berlin wall.

A few days later I received a form email that I was not selected to move forward. A real waste of time and effort.

Interview Question – The SAT portion of the online assessment was challenging. I had a 705 GRE last year and still found a few head scratchers on this test.   Answer Question

San Diego, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 8 weeks - interviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds in February 2011.

Interview Details – Strung me along for a long time and sent me an email saying they were not offering a job to me. No reason explaining why.

Interview Question – Explain a time that you failed when trying to get something done.   Answer Question

San Diego, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds in March 2011.

Interview Details – I was told by the Recruiter and the Regional sales director that I and the job and was waiting placement for about 4 weeks after about a month of already doing 5 different phone interviews and about 5 random online tests. They were telling me it was between 3 different locations and they were just figuring out which one would be best. I stopped my job search and waited then randomly out of the blue they emailed me saying they were not extending an invitation. Just a low and unprofessional move from a company they already has a horrible reputation.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you tried to achieve something and failed   Answer Question
  • Tell me a time you weighed the pros and cons of completing a task and ended up failing   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds in October 2009.

Interview Details – interview request emailed received within one week from their recruiting department at Houston. Originally I was applied for account manager through our university website, but when I looked up online at their website again as the emailed mentioned, there is no such openings.

Interview Question – Why interested in this company? Any potential job interests?   Answer Question

Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds in August 2013.

Interview Details – I applied for the position online and they called me to set up a 15 minute phone interview as the first step. Then the HR person sent me links on order to take a few assessment tests. The tests were challenging and need high concentration. They are also time limited so that makes it abit more challenging. Then after 2 days the HR department emailed me to set up a skype interview ...I am still awaiting the interview and do not know what to expect.

Interview Question – The word problems in the assessments are challenging and twisted. Keep a clear mind before tackling them :-)   Answer Question

Interviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds

Interview Details – prefer not to say but very difficult testing

Interview Question – how many ping pong balls in a plane   View Answer

Negotiation Details – no omment

Interviews for Top Jobs at Reynolds and Reynolds

Worked for Reynolds and Reynolds? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Reynolds and Reynolds Account Manager interview questions and advice. All 11 interview reviews posted anonymously by Reynolds and Reynolds employees and interview candidates.