Reynolds and Reynolds Account Manager Interview Questions & Reviews

2.7

13 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Dayton, OH
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dayton, OH

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds.

Met R&R at a college job fair. They were not that aggressive and i felt i drove most of the process. I had nearly 7-8 interviews over about 2 months and looking back should have seen this is how the company as a whole likes to operate. They have a proprietary psych eval and intelligence test that weeds out about 90% of applicants. Most people with prior sales experience aren't willing to go through the song and dance so a lot of recent grads are hired. R&R loves this because they can pay less and treat them worse.

Interview Questions
  • Intelligence test is designed to not be finished and penalize incorrect answers. It is also rumored that your initial score indicated future promotions, but never confirmed.   Answer Question
Very little negotiation, they like to hold all the power. They initially offered me a position I did not apply for (lower lever) and I declined. They called back about a week later and offered the correct and I accepted.

Other Interview Reviews for Reynolds and Reynolds

Account Manager Interview

I sent my resume to the company for a sales position, they are very interested in me. I was asked to take an "Assessment Test" I agreed and proceeded with the test. In sales I have taken many test in my life, I have never and I mean never taken one like this. What does it matter if you know the speed of a printer, what should matter that you can SELL.

Interview Questions
    • Don't bother sending these guys your resume, I believe they want a "Scientist" for the job. I have friends in the company and they did not have to take the assessment test, and I am glad they turned me down. I heard it's not a good place to work and management are MICRO managers. They call the sales person to ensure they are out working, that means they do not believe in their sales team. Who want to work in environment like that!!   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds.

There were multiple tests that were done online that included basic math skills and a personality test. After completing multiple tests and being contacted through email to take another set of questions I was hesitant in answering more questions. Finally a quick phone interview. I did not receive another call after this.

Interview Questions
    • The personality and skill tests took a long time to complete. Overall I believe it took 5 hours total.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee  in  Greensboro, NC
    Anonymous Employee in Greensboro, NC

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds.

The interview was extremely easy. I initially submitted my resume through my university career services website and was contacted soon after by a recruiting agent. I interviewed in person with a regional manager which was very relaxed and then later had a phone interview with the area adviser. He was extremely rude and brash and made me very uncomfortable. I did receive an offer but later declined because I was not interested. I also had a very bad impression of the company when reading reviews and was even asked during an interview if I had looked at this website to see what others had said.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question I was asked was if I was more driven by money or promotions. The correct answer is money because it is a commission based position. Additionally, during one interview I was going to be asked to "sell a pen" to the gentleman but we did not have enough time.   Answer Question

I decided I did not want to do sales, I was then put through an interview process for a consulting position. The position paid $5,000 less and I said I would only consider if the salary was the equivalent to my initial offer because the new position required much more travel and time away from home. I interviewed but did not get past the first round for that position.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Kettering, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kettering, OH

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds in November 2012.

Took a skills assessment, interview with corporate recruiter, interview with regional sales director, another skills assessment, interview with the regional VP. Quite a few steps but able to get through them fairly quickly, they're very good about setting up interviews as soon as possible and keeping you in the loop the whole time. All interviews were relaxed, more of a conversation with a few questions thrown in, just trying to actually get to know you better.

No negotiation

Anonymous Employee  in  Fort Collins, CO
    Anonymous Employee in Fort Collins, CO

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds in August 2012.

Got an email from someone with HR that asked me to complete personality assessment and an aptitude test. Took around two hours and the SAT type questions were challenging. And even though they have your resume (that's why they contacted you in the first place), you are required to complete an entire section regarding past job responsibilities.

But much of it was worthless. Questions about where Princess Di was killed and something about the Berlin wall.

A few days later I received a form email that I was not selected to move forward. A real waste of time and effort.

Interview Questions
    • The SAT portion of the online assessment was challenging. I had a 705 GRE last year and still found a few head scratchers on this test.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee  in  San Diego, CA
    Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 8 weeks - interviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds in February 2011.

Strung me along for a long time and sent me an email saying they were not offering a job to me. No reason explaining why.

Interview Questions
    • Explain a time that you failed when trying to get something done.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee  in  San Diego, CA
    Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds in March 2011.

I was told by the Recruiter and the Regional sales director that I and the job and was waiting placement for about 4 weeks after about a month of already doing 5 different phone interviews and about 5 random online tests. They were telling me it was between 3 different locations and they were just figuring out which one would be best. I stopped my job search and waited then randomly out of the blue they emailed me saying they were not extending an invitation. Just a low and unprofessional move from a company they already has a horrible reputation.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time you tried to achieve something and failed   Answer Question
    • Tell me a time you weighed the pros and cons of completing a task and ended up failing   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds in October 2009.

interview request emailed received within one week from their recruiting department at Houston. Originally I was applied for account manager through our university website, but when I looked up online at their website again as the emailed mentioned, there is no such openings.

Interview Questions
    • Why interested in this company? Any potential job interests?   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Mississauga, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Employee in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds in May 2014.

They emailed you first and asked you come to their missisauga office only let you do logic questions. I remembered it's 3 kinds of questions: alphabet, pattern and math problem solving. It's the same as what they give you as a practice in the email attachment but just tons of more. They have guessing penalty but skip ones score zero.

Interview Questions

Worked for Reynolds and Reynolds? Contribute to the Community!