Reynolds and Reynolds

Average Difficulty
11 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds in February 2014.

Interview Details – I applied on my school's career site with resume and was sent a link to a series of online tests and assessments which were very tedious and seemed unnecessary. I then was offered a skype interview which lasted around 40 minutes, and involved relatively simple questions. They want to make sure you know about the company, you're comfortable with sales, and you don't mind commission based payment.

Interview Question – None in particular, they were standard behavioral questions, such as "Tell me about a time you didn't get along with a team member" or "Tell me about a time you lead a group to success" or "Tell me about a time you had to tell your boss they were wrong about something".   Answer Question

Account Manager Trainee

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds in June 2013.

Interview Details – I applied online. A couple of days later I was contact by a recruit we scheduled a Skype Interview. The interview went well and I was sent what was called a long form application and a test to do online. I will not lie the test was dang difficult, it was tedious and it seemed irrelevant, I believe this was by design, weeds out the people who don't take it seriously or think its beneath them. This is a work from home job so it takes a lot of discipline to do the tedious day to day administrative duties with out a supervisor watching your every move. I was then called to do a face to face interview with the regional manager and take the test again, the personality section was omitted in this step. That interview went well and I was passed along to the Regional VP in Atlanta, we did a skype interview because of scheduling constraints on both our parts. I was then invited to ride along with one of the local account managers, in my opinion this was the most beneficial part of the process, I got to understand what I would be doing on a day to day basis. The account manager was about my age and was completely upfront about the good and the bad. I took my drug test and was offered the job.

This company has a very conservative ownership and culture, if you have an issue with that it wouldn't be a good fit. They also do not hire tobacco users, and with the cost of health care I can hardly blame them.

Interview Question – The word problems on the assessment test.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There is a range you can negotiate with I was able to get a little more than my initial offer. Experience in B2B is without a doubt a plus, as well as with autodealers.

Interviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds

Interview Details – First step is a phone screen. Then a Skype interview with recruiter. Then in person with Regional Sales Director, Then in person or via Skype with Vice President.

Just be confident. You must also pass their standardized test. The interview is a basic behavorial sales interview. If you are asked how you would attempt to sell something, be sure to ask questions.

Interview Question – How would you sell me this paperclip?   Answer Question

Account Manager Trainee

I applied through other source and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds in January 2013.

Interview Details – I was contacted by a recruiter after they saw my resume online. I thought I might as well fill out the quick less than 10 question pre-application that was emailed to me. In it it asked basic information, if I used tobacco, salary requirements, etc. I then received an additional application and tests to complete.

The tests seemed incredibly ridiculous for a sales position- I've been out of college for over 5 years, brushing up for the math portion was rough. After spending over 2 hours filling out the application and taking the tests I was moved on to the next phase- a Skype interview.

At the beginning of the Skype interview I was told that the salary I would actually receive for my first year would be almost $10,000 LESS than my minimum requirements. I ended up completing the interview (mainly for myself, it's been awhile since I've interviewed and could use some practice). For the most part, I felt like the recruiter was fairly uninterested in me and did not have the answers to fairly basic questions about the position she contacted me about. Also, during the interview the recruiter referred to the university I graduated from by the slang that our rival does- very unprofessional.

I was not sad when I received an email a few days later saying they did not want to continue the process.

Interview Question – Sample question from test: Who was Italy's ally during WWII?   Answer Question

Houston, TX

I applied online and interviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds.

Interview Details – First, I submitted my resume online via email as requested, and then I was contacted by a recruiter a few days later to complete an online assessment. The online assessment consisted of personality, intelligence, and apptitude tests of one form or another, and I'm certain that I did quite well on the online assessments (at leaast better than average).

About three or four days later, I was contacted by email again by another recruiter to pick at least three days/times to come in for an additional assessment and a possible meeting with a recruiter, so I sent in my preferred interview dates/times and received a confirmation for my first choice.

As soon as I checked in with the recruiting office, I was asked to take another computerized assessment, and I was given a pre-selected username & password to login. Well, this final assessment was far beyond my ability, and I don't think that I did very well. It took about an hour or so to complete, and the questions were over my head. I usually score very high on standardized tests, so I was unusually flustered by the fact that I was not doing well on this last assessment, and I knew it. Needless to say, I was not asked to visit with a recruiter follwing this final assessment.

Interview Question – No questions were asked of me. I never spoke with anyone. Just received a rejection email after all the test taking.   Answer Question

Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds.

Interview Details – First you must take an online test. It takes about 4 hours and is heavy on Algebra, Math word games, and pattern recognition. Anyone who has taken the ACT/SAT will be familiar with this. Then there is an initial phone interview with HR. Next is an in person interview with a regional manager. Lastly, there is an interview with an area vice president.

Interview Question – They asked to role play: "My wife wants a Boeing 757 filled with orange golf balls for her birthday present by next Friday. I was told you can get this for me."   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. I was given $40000/yr. Potential for commission and given a company vehicle (insurance and gascard included.).

Houston, TX

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds in July 2012.

Interview Details – Submitted my resume online... filled out a questionnaire online.. skype interview with recruiting- very nice and relaxed.. online assessments- intelligence test: about 10 parts.. more assessments at corporate office.. face to face interview with district manager at office- again, very relaxed.. skype interview with vice president of sales.. drug test.. offer

Interview Question – Are you willing to relocate within 500 miles   View Answer

San Diego, CA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds in July 2012.

Interview Details – I applied for the position through Monster and was contacted a few days later to take this online assesment. This assesment was pretty rigorous and took 2-2:30 hours. bunch of pattersn and math and other random stuff. i got contacted the next day to inform me I had a skype interview. Like what all these other reviews say, the interview was kind of odd asking me about other jobs i was applying for, etc. I would like to mention that I am a recent graduate with an Economics degree and a minor in finance and have held positions of leadership roles (asst. manager etc) and feel that I am far over qualified for the position. 2 days later i emailed them asking for an update and today (next day) i received an email saying i did not qualify. i don't get it

Interview Question – 2 words that best decribe you   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Washington, DC

The process took a day - interviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds in April 2009.

Interview Details – I only had one phone interview and it lasted all of 15 minutes. The original person I was supposed to talk to couldn't do it, so some other person did instead. I had just found out about this interview the day before and had little time to prepare, however, I didnt feel like I necessarily had to given the timing. She asked me if I had any questions to start off. I had a few, like what exactly is it they do, and is the company public or private, etc... She then went on to explain some things about the position, asked me about my experience, which she said would place me among the more experienced canidates for the position. Then she asked me if I had any more questions, which I really didn't simply because the information I had on the company was so minimal and she really didnt fill me in on a whole lot. I was interested and wanted to know more, but I got a rejection email the following week. I have a feeling the interview would've went differently had the original guy been able to do it. The person giving the interview seemed inexperienced and confused on maybe where exactly I was in the interview process, which was basically nowhere. After it ended, I just figured a more in depth one would be the next step and this was just to make sure I spoke english. Whelp, I guess I need to work on my English.

Interview Questions

Interviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds

Interview Details – Pretest. Then had a skype interview. Then had an interview with a Sales Manager where I had to take the pretest again. After that I an interview with a Regional Manager. Make sure you understand what they do and what you can offer. The more questions you ask the better.

Interview Question – Why do you want to do sales?   Answer Question

Worked for Reynolds and Reynolds? Contribute to the Community!