Reynolds and Reynolds Account Manager Trainee Interview Questions

Updated Mar 24, 2015

2.9

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

Applied through my college's career website. A couple days later they said I was moving to the next stage of application and sent me some evaluations to take. The evaluations were pretty tough, especially the math section (no calculator allowed) and took around two hours to complete. A few days later I received a phone call setting up a Skype interview.

Interview Questions

• What is your previous job experience?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Reynolds and Reynolds

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds (Sacramento, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

The process involved an initial phone call from a recruiter. Next there is a series of test that must be taken online. Then a phone interview. The test take about 2-3 hours to take.

Anonymous Employee in College Station, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds (College Station, TX) in November 2014.

Interview

Series of several Skype interviews and some competency tests. I thought the process was drawn out much more than it needed to be, I don't see a need to have a Skype interview with 4 different people about the same material. Also, I had to take the 2 hour competency tests twice because they wanted it proctored. If a proctored test was that important to them they should have saved everyone some time and just done that the first time. The fact that they were willing to do everything online was a huge plus though, I wouldn't have been able to go through any of the process otherwise.

Interview Questions

• I'm looking at buying a car for my son. Would you recommend your current car?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds (New York, NY) in February 2014.

Interview

I applied on my school's career site with resume and was sent a link to a series of online tests and assessments which were very tedious and seemed unnecessary. I then was offered a skype interview which lasted around 40 minutes, and involved relatively simple questions. They want to make sure you know about the company, you're comfortable with sales, and you don't mind commission based payment.

Interview Questions

• None in particular, they were standard behavioral questions, such as "Tell me about a time you didn't get along with a team member" or "Tell me about a time you lead a group to success" or "Tell me about a time you had to tell your boss they were wrong about something".   Answer Question

Account Manager Trainee Interview

Interview

First step is a phone screen. Then a Skype interview with recruiter. Then in person with Regional Sales Director, Then in person or via Skype with Vice President.

Just be confident. You must also pass their standardized test. The interview is a basic behavorial sales interview. If you are asked how you would attempt to sell something, be sure to ask questions.

Account Manager Trainee Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds in June 2013.

Interview

I applied online. A couple of days later I was contact by a recruit we scheduled a Skype Interview. The interview went well and I was sent what was called a long form application and a test to do online. I will not lie the test was dang difficult, it was tedious and it seemed irrelevant, I believe this was by design, weeds out the people who don't take it seriously or think its beneath them. This is a work from home job so it takes a lot of discipline to do the tedious day to day administrative duties with out a supervisor watching your every move. I was then called to do a face to face interview with the regional manager and take the test again, the personality section was omitted in this step. That interview went well and I was passed along to the Regional VP in Atlanta, we did a skype interview because of scheduling constraints on both our parts. I was then invited to ride along with one of the local account managers, in my opinion this was the most beneficial part of the process, I got to understand what I would be doing on a day to day basis. The account manager was about my age and was completely upfront about the good and the bad. I took my drug test and was offered the job.

This company has a very conservative ownership and culture, if you have an issue with that it wouldn't be a good fit. They also do not hire tobacco users, and with the cost of health care I can hardly blame them.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There is a range you can negotiate with I was able to get a little more than my initial offer. Experience in B2B is without a doubt a plus, as well as with autodealers.

Account Manager Trainee Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds in January 2013.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter after they saw my resume online. I thought I might as well fill out the quick less than 10 question pre-application that was emailed to me. In it it asked basic information, if I used tobacco, salary requirements, etc. I then received an additional application and tests to complete.

The tests seemed incredibly ridiculous for a sales position- I've been out of college for over 5 years, brushing up for the math portion was rough. After spending over 2 hours filling out the application and taking the tests I was moved on to the next phase- a Skype interview.

At the beginning of the Skype interview I was told that the salary I would actually receive for my first year would be almost $10,000 LESS than my minimum requirements. I ended up completing the interview (mainly for myself, it's been awhile since I've interviewed and could use some practice). For the most part, I felt like the recruiter was fairly uninterested in me and did not have the answers to fairly basic questions about the position she contacted me about. Also, during the interview the recruiter referred to the university I graduated from by the slang that our rival does- very unprofessional.

I was not sad when I received an email a few days later saying they did not want to continue the process.

Interview Questions

• Sample question from test: Who was Italy's ally during WWII?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds (Houston, TX).

Interview

First, I submitted my resume online via email as requested, and then I was contacted by a recruiter a few days later to complete an online assessment. The online assessment consisted of personality, intelligence, and apptitude tests of one form or another, and I'm certain that I did quite well on the online assessments (at leaast better than average).

About three or four days later, I was contacted by email again by another recruiter to pick at least three days/times to come in for an additional assessment and a possible meeting with a recruiter, so I sent in my preferred interview dates/times and received a confirmation for my first choice.

As soon as I checked in with the recruiting office, I was asked to take another computerized assessment, and I was given a pre-selected username & password to login. Well, this final assessment was far beyond my ability, and I don't think that I did very well. It took about an hour or so to complete, and the questions were over my head. I usually score very high on standardized tests, so I was unusually flustered by the fact that I was not doing well on this last assessment, and I knew it. Needless to say, I was not asked to visit with a recruiter follwing this final assessment.

Interview Questions

• No questions were asked of me. I never spoke with anyone. Just received a rejection email after all the test taking.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds (Chicago, IL).

Interview

First you must take an online test. It takes about 4 hours and is heavy on Algebra, Math word games, and pattern recognition. Anyone who has taken the ACT/SAT will be familiar with this. Then there is an initial phone interview with HR. Next is an in person interview with a regional manager. Lastly, there is an interview with an area vice president.

Interview Questions

• They asked to role play: "My wife wants a Boeing 757 filled with orange golf balls for her birthday present by next Friday. I was told you can get this for me."   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation. I was given $40000/yr. Potential for commission and given a company vehicle (insurance and gascard included.).

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds (Houston, TX) in July 2012.

Interview

Submitted my resume online... filled out a questionnaire online.. skype interview with recruiting- very nice and relaxed.. online assessments- intelligence test: about 10 parts.. more assessments at corporate office.. face to face interview with district manager at office- again, very relaxed.. skype interview with vice president of sales.. drug test.. offer

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to relocate within 500 miles   1 Answer