Reynolds and Reynolds

Average Difficulty
4 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Administrative Assistant

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds in May 2014.

Interview Details – As you'll read time and time again, their interview process is intense. I applied for about 6 positions within the company, they contacted me within a week via email. After scheduling my proctored exam on campus, I was asked to take a series of assessments. They differ based on the position they are looking at you for. Mine included a morals questionnaire, asked a lot about stealing and smoking pot, so, if you are a klepto or pot-head, need not apply. I also has a number identification test, a lot of word problems. Most of them are timed. I had to take the morals exam over again because I had too many middle ground answers, but it didn't affect me moving forward.
The assessment on campus is NOT WRITTEN TO BE COMPLETED. Do yourself a favor and STUDY. I spend about an hour the night before working through algebra problems. It wasn't so much so I would get answers correct, it was to help me feel more prepared walking in so I could think clearly.
After I completed the hour long assessment, I was asked to wait for about 20 minutes to talk with a recruiter. It really does depend on their availability as to whether they talk with you that day or not.
Recruiter was nice, about mid-20's. I would recommend bringing a resume, I had submitted mine online but she didn't seem to have it with her. She really cared mostly about how I work best and what sort of environment I thrive is.
In the end, they said I would be a better fit for a position they don't have at the moment and they would keep my resume on file. When they say it, they mean it. A friend of mine applied for one position, took the assessment, they said he would be better for something else and they called and interviewed him a few months later.

Interview Question – Nothing out of the order in the meeting with recruiter, the moral's exam felt like it asked about a lot of gray areas but wanted someone very black and white.   Answer Question

Kettering, OH

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds in March 2014.

Interview Details – I applied in March and was contacted within a few days to set up an interview. I performed approximately 3 hours worth of pre-interview tests at home (vocab, math, history, personality, ethics) before ever going in. Upon my arrival I was ushered into a room to perform an IQ test, more math assessments, and one last personality exam. Afterwards I went through a series of four interviews lasting about half an hour each over several hours (lots of waiting), which culminated in my being given the long form application (including the type of questions below) and eventually administered an on-site oral drug test and assenting to a background check. I was told the drug screening was "a good sign." The whole thing from testing to interviews lasts about 8 hours and has nearly a dozen and a half ways in which to dismiss your candidacy so I would have to regard it as an overall arduous process given the entry level position being sought. On the other hand, Reynolds and Reynolds has pretty much responded naturally to the economic times they live in so one can hardly be surprised to see them asking for every piece of information they can from of their prospective employees even if the position is entry level and lower than average pay.

I don't blindly submit applications. I knew about Reynolds and Reynolds reputation and attrition rate before submitting my resume but I feel I can circumvent this problem by just being a better employee and worse comes to worst I can move on. I pretty much only see people in their early twenties working there so I assume what has been said elsewhere on this site about Reynolds is likely true in the way of employees leaving but who knows? Nevertheless, I want the opportunity so I am taking it.

Advice: If you have a college degree it is likely the math/logic/history sections will pose no significant threat to your candidacy but definitely do take the practice tests they send you as they will help. Also, I know a little bit about personality assessments and I can tell you Reynolds' exam is a step above the standard test. I highly suggest studying how to take these tests effectively in order to boost your chances of acceptance. I suspect A LOT of candidates unknowingly wash out due to this portion of the hiring process. Also, be prepared for an endurance trial when it comes to the actual interviews. Every interview is a chance to be accepted/dismissed and each subsequent meeting is more important than the last so don't relax your efforts as you move up the gauntlet. If you do well they will ask you to take an onsite drug screening and to allow them access to your credit/criminal background. Lastly, I waited a few weeks before receiving an offer so you may have to be patient.

Interview Question – What ambitions does your spouse have for you? What were your father and mother's education/employment?   View Answer

Kettering, OH

I applied online and the process took 6 days - interviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds in May 2010.

Interview Details – It was very drawn out... I was at the facility for over 6 hours on my interview day and then was given no reason as to why i was declined. By all accounts it was going incredibly well, but I still - to this day - have no idea what could have happened

Interview Question – What was your biggest disappointment?   View Answer

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Very Difficult Interview

Dayton, OH

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds in April 2010.

Interview Details – This employer makes you take a ridiculous 4 hour personality/ethics/intelligence test. I spent hours taking this test so I could essentially answer phones all day, it was total overkill. Then they filled the position before I even had my scheduled face to face interview, but the worst part was that they didn't even bother to call me on the phone to tell me, they just sent a one line email that ended up in my spam folder. I have a great job now and feel lucky not to work here, the lack of respect in the interview process is just a preview of the way they treat their employees I'm sure.

Interview Question – 25 algebra word problems that you must complete in 30mins with no calculator   Answer Question

Worked for Reynolds and Reynolds? Contribute to the Community!