Reynolds and Reynolds Application Developer Interview Questions & Reviews

1.7

3 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Employee  in  Dayton, OH
Anonymous Employee in Dayton, OH

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds in March 2013.

Before even being able to speak to a person, I was sent a link to take a very detailed and thorough series of online assessments. It's pretty much just like what everyone else on here has described (personality, IQ, current events, etc.). The next day, I got a call back to interview and had a series of interviews with the same HR person. I had to go and do another assessment online, this one an ethics assessment. I also had to fill out a long-form application which is also exactly as described by people on here. I thought some of the questions were weird at the time and these are the ones that some people are describing as illegal questions (information on parents, spouse, in-laws, and all their occupations and educational backgrounds). It seems like they probably are, in hindsight.

I was supposed to have a Skype interview with the head of the department, but we were both experiencing technical issues, so it ended up being another phone interview. It went really well until the end when he saw my asking salary and indicated it was a little high and that they don't like taking risks, which makes no sense because, assuming an offer, they are asking you to take a risk by leaving your current position for one with their company.

Anyway, they flew me to Dayton, OH and I spent the day there. I had to retake the IQ and personality assessments to make it "fair", in their words. Then, I was taken on a tour and taken to lunch with 2 more HR people who were completely uninvolved with my recruitment. It was also kind of weird that the lunch was in their building cafeteria as I was expecting them to do more to impress me than that. Then, I had a short interview with the Vice President of the department and that went well. The last thing they had me do was to take a drug test.

They ended up offering me $500 less than what I make at my current position and no vacation days in my first year at the company. I was planing on taking it because I was very desperate to relocate back to Ohio (which is where I am from), but ended up finding something else that actually offers a competitive salary and benefits. I had some major reservations, especially after reading some of the reviews on here!

Interview Questions
  • Surprisingly, they asked no questions about programming or any of my development knowledge/experience. Nothing was too difficult. They are very high on raw, natural abilities as exemplified by all the assessments they make you take.   Answer Question

It was $500 less a year than I was making at the time, benefits weren't too great (no vacation days in the first year), and a lot of the current/former employee reviews on here gave me some reservation. Ultimately, I accepted a competing offer, which was much, much better than this one.

Other Interview Reviews for Reynolds and Reynolds

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I interviewed online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds in October 2010.

There was three interviews. The first one is basically talking to a recruiter and taking sort of an aptitude test. This is really the basis for if and how you get hired. I went in for a data entry job and scored high enough for programmer and ended up being hired for that. After this you will sit with the recruiter who will then set you up with your next interviews. This interview was pretty easy and we mostly talked about the recruiter as there were no job related questions at all. The second and third interviews are the department interviews and decide if they want you on their team or not so this is where to be knowledgeable/personable.
    After your interviews you will receive a call in a couple of days with your offer. It's pretty simple and there's really no room for negotiation.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked to list my weaknesses and how I would work with them to over come them.   Answer Question
    No negotiation, they underpay pretty much everyone as the job market isn't great, and they hire people either still in college, or just out of college.

Anonymous Employee  in  Houston, TX
    Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds in January 2012.

Went and did a one on one interview with a recruiter at my college career fair. He talked about the benefits and the major party which all their staff has to go to. After the interview I was moved to the second round and was told to do some assisments which conclude IQ test, skill test, personality test. You weren't allowed to us a computer to help (the test were online) and they had a follower to see what websites you visited during the test. You also weren't allowed to us a calculator.
    After that I filled out a long form application which had some illegal questions (what do your parents do and stuff like that) I got a call from a vice president.

After talking to him, he didn't go into detail when I asked him questions and wanted me to explain codes over the phone which I struggled.

Honestly I was glad that I didn't make it to the next round since of all the negative reviews.

Interview Questions

Worked for Reynolds and Reynolds? Contribute to the Community!