Reynolds and Reynolds
www.reyrey.com Kettering, OH 1000 to 5000 Employees

Reynolds and Reynolds Customer Solutions Professional Interview Questions & Reviews

Getting the Interview

6 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Kettering, OH

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds in April 2011.

Interview Details – 3 or 4 skills/personality tests. Each one took an hour or so. Two at home and 1 or 2 at the facility. They may interview you after the tests. I got an interview and apparently didn't do very well since I didn't get hired. They're kind of snooty too fyi.

Interview Questions

Very Easy Interview

Dayton, OH

The process took 1 week - interviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds in July 2010.

Interview Details – I received an email to call and was asked a few brief questions such as do I smoke, do I have any misdemeanors or felonies, any moving violations and what is my desired salary. I gave an answer in the middle of the range of what is listed on this web site. Expecting to get called back for an in-office interview I instead received an email saying that my background and the job position does not match. I have a bachelors degree in finance and accounting and graduated with a 3.63 GPA. One of my main focuses in my job the past 10 years was in customer service. I have no idea how I am not a match for this job and none of the information asked should have eliminated me. Is Reynolds process discriminatory? I could understand being eliminated after an in house interview, but after a phone interview just asking background check questions shouldn't have. What do you have to do to get an interview at this place? Am I overqualified?

Interview Questions

Customer Solutions Professional

I applied through other source - interviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds in August 2012.

Interview Details – * The previous reviews are correct, in regards to the interview process.
* Present employees do feel as if it's like an iron fist management style.
* Perhaps the "herding of candidates" is solely to provide job security for current HR staff...all included in the "staff."

Customer Solutions Professional

I applied online and the process took 7 weeks - interviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds in July 2012.

Interview Details – A long interview process. First I submitted an app online, and was then contacted by a recruiter. The recruiting interview was fairly standard, lasted about 30 minutes on Skype. Standard questions (best quality, specific customer interactions, etc), nothing too tricky. Upon completion I was told that I would have to fill out several forms (skills assessment, personality test, etc), again not too difficult, but some fairly pointed questions in the "ethics" test. After the tests I was passed on to someone else for another Skype interview, an account manager of sorts. Same questions, but a little longer and more in depth. The last interview (Skype again) I had was with an executive. Again, more of the same types of questions, but he talked more about himself. I was told I'd be contacted within a week or so. After 2 weeks, I called to ask about my hiring status, and I was told the hiring manager had been on vacation but they'd be in contact shortly. I received a generic email stating they would not be hiring me. I think the biggest mistake I made was alluding to the fact that I would eventually like to complete an MBA.

Interview Question – Name a specific instance where a customer was dissatisfied with you and how you worked to remedy that situation.   Answer Question

Customer Solutions Professional

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 6 days - interviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds in December 2011.

Interview Details – Spent 1 hour at home doing their tests and then another hour at their office doing more of their IQ tests. I felt I did pretty good on them but once they told me I was ok to go after the testing and there was no 1:1 interview that it was over. Received their informal we are looking at other applicants more suited for this position. Basically if you don't answer the questions the way they want you won't get far here. How they can justify who is suited for the company without a personal interview is beyond me. Kinda relieved I don't have to work for them.

Interview Question – Would you classify a person who steals $5 a year from a company a thief?   View Answer

Customer Solutions Professional

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds in March 2011.

Interview Details – I started interviewing with the company in February. After multiple phone interviews they gave me a bunch of assessments to do which took me around 3 hours, with a few days to get it complete. Then a few more phone interviews and more assessments. Then more phone interviews. It became a routine...While the company was fast about moving to the next step the process never ended and it became a big time commitment for a company that did not have good reviews or office environment. At times it felt like a lot of pressure.

Once they told me they wanted me to come to Dayton Ohio for a face to face interview I was told it would be brief but mostly to do more assessments. I took more assessments for this company then I have with all other companies combined.

I found out late in the interview process that I would be the only one in the area. My office environment would be a conference call ever other week. I would get a work vehicle, computer, printer, fax, etc and have my own office in my apartment.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work for this company?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – Overall, a bad interview on the company. I was looking for an organization with an office, I would be the only person in Louisville or Indianapolis doing the position. I would have bi-weekly conference calls to check on my progress but that was as close as I would get to an office.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Reynolds and Reynolds

Worked for Reynolds and Reynolds? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Reynolds and Reynolds Customer Solutions Professional interview questions and advice. All 6 interview reviews posted anonymously by Reynolds and Reynolds employees and interview candidates.