Reynolds and Reynolds Customer Solutions Specialist Interview Questions

Updated Jul 21, 2015

3.5

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds (Houston, TX) in April 2015.

Interview

The interviews started out great. I was recruited via email and asked to do a phone interview to learn more about the job. After that, I was asked to do a Skype interview with the recruiter. This interview went well also and the next step was a Skype interview with the regional manager who I would report directly to. After this interview, I had to do an interview with the East coast manager who was located in Florida. The interview went really well and was more of a conversation to gauge if I could ask the right questions. I thought that this was possibly the last interview, but I was wrong. The final step was for me to fly to Houston and interview in person. Since the company was going to such great lengths to interview me, I thought the chances of getting the job were pretty high. I was wrong. The Houston interview seemed to go very well until the end when I asked if there were other candidates and the interviewer sort of acted as if he was uncomfortable with me asking that. After over a month of interviews and flying to Houston, I was sent an extremely generic email from HR saying that they were no longer pursuing my application. I expected a phone call or at least a personalized email from them. It was highly unprofessional the way that the rejection was handled.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Reynolds and Reynolds

Customer Solutions Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds in January 2015.

Interview

Applied online. sent me a email to complete a personality and aptitude test. A day later someone from the recruitment office called to review resume and ask about past job experience. following that she scheduled a skype interview. skype interview took about 30 min. Some of the type of questions they as give you the feeling that they are using the interview process to do market research.

Interview Questions

• what other positions are you applying for? what reasons would make you want to leave the company? what are some benefits that Reynolds offers that competition does not ? plus the regular personality questions....   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Dayton, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds (Dayton, OH) in January 2015.

Interview

Interviews all start with testing and must be done a specific times. They will not offer them at different times therefore making it hard for people who are employed full time to interview. This makes no sense to me. The best people are likely employed. The test is pretty diverse and difficult and I have trouble seeing how it relates to 90% of the jobs they offer. If you pass the test, you may get an immediate interview, which I did. They may also schedule the interview for a later date. Also they tell you to come in business professional clothes. While you wait in the lobby, you see that the majority of the people working there are wearing business casual clothes even the interviewers.

Customer Solution Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Des Moines, IA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds (Des Moines, IA) in August 2014.

Interview

I received an email from a Recruiter of the company, she saw my resume in a Job Posting and then she sent an email if I agree to continue with the process. I agreed and she sent me an email with a link for completing a series of test and application forms. The test was about perception, memory, ethic questions (like if you smoke) and an aptitude test (a math test). The aptitude test is the worse, not only you can not use calculator, but if you pass that, you have to retake the same test in front of a supervisor (they do not believe you can be honest) I think it is ridiculous to make this kind of pre-check before an interview. I completed the test (for more than 2 hours) and then, after 5 days I received an email told me I wasn't consider to continue with the process. I think it is better they told me that, because after see the process, the type of questions they made, I have no interest at all to work for a company like that. A Waste of time!! Read the comments here before you decide to continue with that process.

Interview Questions

• Aptitude test, a lot of ethic questions ( like what do you think about abort, smoke, etc etc)   Answer Question

Customer Solution Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds.

Interview

Applied online with my resume and was contacted two days later to take the assessment test. Took the 3 hour long test failed. I was sent an emailed 2 days later that they were not moving forward. I will like to meet the person who came up with this test

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds (Charlotte, NC).

Interview

I applied online and a few days later I received an email expressing their interest and asking me to complete an online assessment. The assessment was ridiculously long & unnecessary. There were a lot of math sections such as Geometry. I completed the assessment and then received an email stating I would not remove further in the process.

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds (Orlando, FL) in May 2012.

Interview

After submitting my resumé I was requested to complete and online assessment to see if they wanted to move forward with me. this was a lengthy aptitude and personality test. After that I had a skype interview with the HR rep, followed by another skype interview with the Supervisor of my region. Both of these interviews went well and they moved me on to the 3rd interview with the East Coast District manager who I met with in person. I had to do the aptitude test again in person because they are really strict about making sure you are not cheating or using calculators. Finally they flew me to Houston for an interview with the West Coast District Manager as well as the VP or the department. All of these interviews went very well and they seemed very interested in me. We even discussed salary and they had me do a drug test. I was sure that this all was a good sign. Unfortunately they decided not to move on after the last set of interviews and they did not give me a reason as to why they were not choosing me. Was very frustrating to go through a months worth of interviews only for them to pass on me.

Interview Questions

• One of the interviewers asked me to describe what I first noticed as I walked into his office and how I could relate that to working with their clients. This was to gauge my ability to analyze a situation in which I would need to personalize my interaction with clients by using whatever resources I had available to me (i.e. family photos, awards, trinkets on the desk) and be able to relate to them.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds (Atlanta, GA) in August 2011.

Interview

Applied August 05, 2011 via LinkedIn. It was for the position of Customer Solutions Specialist based out of the Atlanta area. You work out of your home with a laptop, fax machine, printer, and a blackberry all provided by Reynolds and Reynolds. They also give you a company car for business and personal use.. You are responsible for 20-30 car dealerships in your territory. In my case, my territory, would had been the Metro Atlanta area, South Carolina, North Carolina, and a little of Tennessee. An average day would consist of going to two different car dealerships. You would work with different departments within a car dealership and create solutions for them. A list is provided for you each week to see a specific department at a specific dealership. However you want to arrange your travel is up to you. The average overnight travel is 1-2 weeks out of the month. However you use your time determines how often you have to overnight travel. August 09, 2011 - I receive an email from a Corporate Recruiter. In the message I was asked to provide three different dates with times to be contacted for a prelim phone interview. More detailed information was provided about the company, the position, and about the 5 month training in Houston. I get an email back with a confirmed time. Emails are very profession and are HTML. August 12, 2011- 1500 is my interview. Recruiter is prompt only two minutes late. I prefer for interviewers to call me 2 or 3 minutes late. Better late than early. She is very polite and professional.She tells me about the company and what the job requires. She makes me feel at easy. She then goes in with prelim questions... Like do you have any moving violations in the last three years.. past DUI.... drug use... if I smoke (company is smoke free... get over it)... She then out of nowhere asks me a hard question (I don't remember; definitely one of those notorious trick interview questions). I answered it pretty well but remembered thinking how this isn't a typical prelim interview question. She asks if I am willing to do an application... and a couple of assessments by Monday. I agree and I get an email with detail on how to take them. She says that she will contact me Thursday(18th) of the next week to schedule an interview. August 14, 2011 - I do the application. Run of the mill online application. Typical personality test... be honest.. Then there were like 5 or 6 different IQ tests... naturally I wrote out the alphabet with the corresponding number under it.. pulled up an online dictionary... computer calculator and started the IQ test. This was actually the hardest assessment I've ever taken for a company. I remember literally laughing about how hard the test was. The GRE and MCAT honestly don't compare. Took only about two hours straight without a break. When I finished I knew I had done very well on the test. August 15, 2011- To my surprise, at 10am, I receive a call from the recruiter. She says that she had received my assessments and would like to have an interview. She asks if I have Skype. I tell her I do. She gets my account info and tells me the interview would be Thursday at 1030. August 18,2011- I dress for a normal interview. Dress was not implied so I stuck to business attire. I setup my laptop in a room with a nice background. It feels a little strange waiting for a video call to interview. She is right on time again.. two minutes late. I am not being sarcastic when I say that either. She greets me and within a couple of seconds I feel comfortable with the whole webcam interview. Its hard to get the hang of the whole interview. I don't know where to look. I want to be able to see her and keep eye contact but the only way to keep eye contact is to stare into the webcam. The interview is the typical interview.. with general interview questions. She is very involved with your answers and questions everything keeping the conversation very lively. I get done with the interview still bothered about the whole webcam thing but feel good about the interview. The interview was about 40 minutes long. FYI SALARY.... I asked for 37500. She seemed happy with that but I had a feeling they were going to offer less... like around 34000 or 35000. August 23, 2011- I received a polite and very professional No Thanks. I respect the fact they sent me a No Thank You email. Most companies don't even bother telling you that they are not longer proceeding with your application. I was a little upset I didn't get the job but obviously I wasn't the right person for the job. I hated the idea of having to spend two weeks a month sleeping in hotels so it's probably the best. This is a very professional company in which I got good interview experience with.

Customer Solutions Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds.

Interview

Initially applied through college's career center. I applied for a different position but when an HR representative contacted me, she asked if I would be interested in this position. We proceeded through the application process from there. Once my application was received, I had to do an aptitude test, which was algebra, pattern matching, and some general knowledge questions. From there, I had a Skype interview with an HR recruiter. She was very nice, and seemed to really enjoy her job. We had a great chat. Next, I had a credit and driving check, as the position requires a lot of driving. After that, I had a Skype interview with the person who will be my boss, and then the VP in charge of the position. Both of them really enjoyed their job and the company, and were very nice and welcoming. Following this, I had to re-do parts of the aptitude test in a proctored setting, met with another two VPs, and had a drug and background test. The company invests a lot of time and money into their employees, and so they really want to make sure that they are hiring quality people. They really want to get to know you as a person, so the more you can show your personality, the better off you are.

Interview Questions

• Asked other job prospects, and what I have been doing since graduation in May.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was little negotiation. They base your salary on what region of the country you are in, so be sure to look up what the median salary is for your area. I found using paycheck city calculator was helpful to ensure that I would have enough to live based on my expenses.

Customer Solutions Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds in November 2011.

Interview

I applied a while back (I'd rather not say specifically in case the time length gives away who I am) and received an email from a recruiter asking if I was still interested. Conveniently enough, I did just end a contract job I was working on and due to the nature of the job (traveling extensively mainly) I was very interested in the position since I have worked with the Reynolds and Reynolds programs in the past. A friend of mine who works in a different department and is a female suggested a when I first applied that I should do this since, 1) I have experience- which is apparently not THAT common and 2) I am a female. Well I started reading reviews and everything that my friend is telling me would be an advantage, others are claiming is going to work against me.It seems though the things some are worried with wouldn't effect me; ie, the traveling, the initial pay, the benefits, etc. I am at a lost as to whether to try it for myself or take the advice of everyone here. Would love some input.

Interview Questions

• How would you feel about traveling, mainly within your home state?   1 Answer