Reynolds and Reynolds Customer Solutions Specialist Interview Questions & Reviews

6 interviews

3.5

6 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Customer Solution Specialist Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds.

Applied online with my resume and was contacted two days later to take the assessment test. Took the 3 hour long test failed. I was sent an emailed 2 days later that they were not moving forward. I will like to meet the person who came up with this test

Other Interview Reviews for Reynolds and Reynolds

Anonymous Employee  in  Charlotte, NC
    Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds.

I applied online and a few days later I received an email expressing their interest and asking me to complete an online assessment. The assessment was ridiculously long & unnecessary. There were a lot of math sections such as Geometry. I completed the assessment and then received an email stating I would not remove further in the process.

Anonymous Employee  in  Orlando, FL
    Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds in May 2012.

After submitting my resumé I was requested to complete and online assessment to see if they wanted to move forward with me. this was a lengthy aptitude and personality test. After that I had a skype interview with the HR rep, followed by another skype interview with the Supervisor of my region. Both of these interviews went well and they moved me on to the 3rd interview with the East Coast District manager who I met with in person. I had to do the aptitude test again in person because they are really strict about making sure you are not cheating or using calculators. Finally they flew me to Houston for an interview with the West Coast District Manager as well as the VP or the department. All of these interviews went very well and they seemed very interested in me. We even discussed salary and they had me do a drug test. I was sure that this all was a good sign. Unfortunately they decided not to move on after the last set of interviews and they did not give me a reason as to why they were not choosing me. Was very frustrating to go through a months worth of interviews only for them to pass on me.

Interview Questions
    • One of the interviewers asked me to describe what I first noticed as I walked into his office and how I could relate that to working with their clients. This was to gauge my ability to analyze a situation in which I would need to personalize my interaction with clients by using whatever resources I had available to me (i.e. family photos, awards, trinkets on the desk) and be able to relate to them.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee  in  Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I interviewed through other source. The process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds in August 2011.

Applied August 05, 2011 via LinkedIn. It was for the position of Customer Solutions Specialist based out of the Atlanta area. You work out of your home with a laptop, fax machine, printer, and a blackberry all provided by Reynolds and Reynolds. They also give you a company car for business and personal use.. You are responsible for 20-30 car dealerships in your territory. In my case, my territory, would had been the Metro Atlanta area, South Carolina, North Carolina, and a little of Tennessee. An average day would consist of going to two different car dealerships. You would work with different departments within a car dealership and create solutions for them. A list is provided for you each week to see a specific department at a specific dealership. However you want to arrange your travel is up to you. The average overnight travel is 1-2 weeks out of the month. However you use your time determines how often you have to overnight travel.

August 09, 2011 - I receive an email from a Corporate Recruiter. In the message I was asked to provide three different dates with times to be contacted for a prelim phone interview. More detailed information was provided about the company, the position, and about the 5 month training in Houston.

I get an email back with a confirmed time. Emails are very profession and are HTML.

August 12, 2011- 1500 is my interview. Recruiter is prompt only two minutes late. I prefer for interviewers to call me 2 or 3 minutes late. Better late than early. She is very polite and professional.She tells me about the company and what the job requires. She makes me feel at easy. She then goes in with prelim questions... Like do you have any moving violations in the last three years.. past DUI.... drug use... if I smoke (company is smoke free... get over it)... She then out of nowhere asks me a hard question (I don't remember; definitely one of those notorious trick interview questions). I answered it pretty well but remembered thinking how this isn't a typical prelim interview question.

She asks if I am willing to do an application... and a couple of assessments by Monday. I agree and I get an email with detail on how to take them. She says that she will contact me Thursday(18th) of the next week to schedule an interview.

August 14, 2011 - I do the application. Run of the mill online application. Typical personality test... be honest.. Then there were like 5 or 6 different IQ tests... naturally I wrote out the alphabet with the corresponding number under it.. pulled up an online dictionary... computer calculator and started the IQ test. This was actually the hardest assessment I've ever taken for a company. I remember literally laughing about how hard the test was. The GRE and MCAT honestly don't compare. Took only about two hours straight without a break. When I finished I knew I had done very well on the test.

August 15, 2011- To my surprise, at 10am, I receive a call from the recruiter. She says that she had received my assessments and would like to have an interview. She asks if I have Skype. I tell her I do. She gets my account info and tells me the interview would be Thursday at 1030.

August 18,2011- I dress for a normal interview. Dress was not implied so I stuck to business attire. I setup my laptop in a room with a nice background. It feels a little strange waiting for a video call to interview. She is right on time again.. two minutes late. I am not being sarcastic when I say that either. She greets me and within a couple of seconds I feel comfortable with the whole webcam interview. Its hard to get the hang of the whole interview. I don't know where to look. I want to be able to see her and keep eye contact but the only way to keep eye contact is to stare into the webcam. The interview is the typical interview.. with general interview questions. She is very involved with your answers and questions everything keeping the conversation very lively. I get done with the interview still bothered about the whole webcam thing but feel good about the interview. The interview was about 40 minutes long. FYI SALARY.... I asked for 37500. She seemed happy with that but I had a feeling they were going to offer less... like around 34000 or 35000.

August 23, 2011- I received a polite and very professional No Thanks. I respect the fact they sent me a No Thank You email. Most companies don't even bother telling you that they are not longer proceeding with your application.

I was a little upset I didn't get the job but obviously I wasn't the right person for the job.
    I hated the idea of having to spend two weeks a month sleeping in hotels so it's probably the best.

This is a very professional company in which I got good interview experience with.

Customer Solutions Specialist Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds.

Initially applied through college's career center. I applied for a different position but when an HR representative contacted me, she asked if I would be interested in this position. We proceeded through the application process from there. Once my application was received, I had to do an aptitude test, which was algebra, pattern matching, and some general knowledge questions. From there, I had a Skype interview with an HR recruiter. She was very nice, and seemed to really enjoy her job. We had a great chat. Next, I had a credit and driving check, as the position requires a lot of driving. After that, I had a Skype interview with the person who will be my boss, and then the VP in charge of the position. Both of them really enjoyed their job and the company, and were very nice and welcoming. Following this, I had to re-do parts of the aptitude test in a proctored setting, met with another two VPs, and had a drug and background test. The company invests a lot of time and money into their employees, and so they really want to make sure that they are hiring quality people.

They really want to get to know you as a person, so the more you can show your personality, the better off you are.

Interview Questions
    • Asked other job prospects, and what I have been doing since graduation in May.   Answer Question
    There was little negotiation. They base your salary on what region of the country you are in, so be sure to look up what the median salary is for your area. I found using paycheck city calculator was helpful to ensure that I would have enough to live based on my expenses.

Customer Solutions Specialist Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months - interviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds in November 2011.

I applied a while back (I'd rather not say specifically in case the time length gives away who I am) and received an email from a recruiter asking if I was still interested. Conveniently enough, I did just end a contract job I was working on and due to the nature of the job (traveling extensively mainly) I was very interested in the position since I have worked with the Reynolds and Reynolds programs in the past. A friend of mine who works in a different department and is a female suggested a when I first applied that I should do this since, 1) I have experience- which is apparently not THAT common and 2) I am a female. Well I started reading reviews and everything that my friend is telling me would be an advantage, others are claiming is going to work against me.It seems though the things some are worried with wouldn't effect me; ie, the traveling, the initial pay, the benefits, etc. I am at a lost as to whether to try it for myself or take the advice of everyone here. Would love some input.

Interview Questions
    • How would you feel about traveling, mainly within your home state?   View Answer

Worked for Reynolds and Reynolds? Contribute to the Community!