Reynolds and Reynolds Customer Training Professional Interview Questions

Updated Aug 5, 2015

3.3

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds (Houston, TX) in July 2015.

Interview

Once you apply, someone will contact you to choose a ate and time to come in and take a aptitude test. You will also have to do an online application and 3 assessments before you take the aptitude test on site. When you go to take the aptitude test, it is in a computer lab with many other people taking the same test. They didn't even know the position I came in to test for. If you do not score well on the test (it is very hard if you have not take a alegbra course recently or good at doing math without a calculator) then you are automatically not going to proceed with the interviewing process.

Other Interview Reviews for Reynolds and Reynolds

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds (San Jose, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

It's not a terrible process if you know what to expect, but do be prepared to spend a lot of time filling out paperwork. I applied online through my university's career center. A week later I get an email asking me to take an online assessment, which I do. Same IQ, personality, math sections that everyone else had. A few days afterwards, I get a follow-up phone call from a HR recruiter who wanted to clarify some questions about my resume. She was very nice and polite through the process, and it ended with me moving on to a Skype call with her in two weeks. During the Skype session, she was again very polite and outgoing; she asked me to fill out an Ethics Assessment, an extended application, and a background check permission form at the end. I did so; a day later I got the dreaded "we will contact you in 3-5 days", and 5 days later I was told the application process was not moving forward. From my own experience and from others' comments, my advice to potential applicants is to anticipate each step in the process and be ready to respond to what is expected of you. This company is very stringent about adhering to its process, so you need to read all of their instructions carefully. The ethics assessment clearly stated that you should try to answer "totally agree" or "totally disagree" as much as possible; I did not do that and I believe that contributed to my rejection. They will not hesitate to drop you at any point in the process if things are not going the way they want them; this will be prefaced by a vague and formal message about "contacting you in x number of days." As soon as you get this, you should really start to cut your losses; at least reducing it so you don't have everything committed to working with the company. Bottom line is this: if you really want to work for this company, read up about its history and policies and listen carefully to everything the recruiter tells you. Follow ALL instructions to the letter and be proactive in asking questions if something is unclear. If you start getting really formal and vague replies, cut your losses and move on to another application. They know what they're looking for, and if you don't fit the bill then you're chances are slim.

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds (Tampa, FL) in April 2015.

Interview

Lengthy test via home computer, which was soon followed with a request for a job interview. Completed the 30 min Skype session and was sent an additional test on ethics and a long form application. Completed both and about two days later received an email stating that they wish me luck on my job search but we wouldn't be moving forward. Pity, I would have been excellent at this job and I think that the HR people are just going through the motions and aren't really passionate about their role for ReyRey.

Customer Training Professional Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds.

Interview

Was invited to campus for a series of tests. Upon completion of these tests I had a short interview with a recruiter. After this interview I had another interview with a hiring manager. I was contacted a week later via e-mail that they were no longer interested in pursuing me as a candidate.

Interview Questions

• Standard interview questions.   1 Answer

Customer Training Professional Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds.

Interview

Applied through my college's career website. A couple days later they said I was moving to the next stage of application and sent me some evaluations to take. The evaluations were pretty tough, especially the math section (no calculator allowed) and took around two hours to complete. A few days later I received a phone call setting up a Skype interview. That interview seemed to go well, just basic interview questions about previous jobs and strengths and weaknesses.

Interview Questions

• Previous job experience. What's your greatest strength? What's your greatest weakness?   Answer Question

Customer Training Professional Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds.

Interview

After submitting my resumé for a position, I was asked to complete an application, aptitude test, and personal assessment. It was more like an IQ test and a history quiz. I waited about two weeks and received an email saying that they will not be proceeding with my application.

Application

Interview

Met recruiter at career fair and gave my resume. Was sent an email to complete aptitude test. A few days later I was contacted for a skype interview with the recruiter. About to take second interview with head of department.

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds (Atlanta, GA) in November 2014.

Interview

Once I had applied online, I received an email requesting that I do the aptitude test, application and a personality assessment. Although there is only 3 items, the tests were very time consuming. It took me about 2 hours total to complete everything that they needed done. The tests were very pointless and I really feel that you must be a genius to pass them. The word tests were easy, as far as analogies and synonyms but the patterns were really difficult. Having to guess which letter was next in different sequences as well. In the job description it just mentions that you must have an outgoing personality and be willing to assist others, NOT be a certified genius. The recruiter made the mistake of calling me back so I am going to retest, hopefully I get it because I know that with their training, I can easily grasp the job duties.

Interview Questions

• After the first few questions, there were no surprises. I knew that all of the following questions were going to be irrelevant.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dayton, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds (Dayton, OH) in June 2014.

Interview

I applied online (emailed my resume) and a few days later I received an email stating I might be a match and included an application and series of tests to fill out. Test were personality and IQ tests that were not really designed to be finished so don't stress about that. A couple days after submitting the tests and application I received a call to setup a Skype interview with a recruiter. After this I was sent another test (assessing my views on drugs and racism) and another application that required much more detail such as Parent's college background etc. At this time I was also setup for a phone interview with a department supervisor in a few days. After that interview I scheduled a phone interview with a department Manager. The next step was to take the IQ test again, but this time with someone watching me (via Skype). This was to make sure that it was actually me taking the test and that I was not using a calculator. Once I passed the tests, again, I scheduled to go the Dayton, OH HQ to have two interviews and a campus tour. The facility is very impressive and has a lot to offer, all of which can be detailed on the company website. My first interview was with the department Director, and after that I had an interview with the Department VP. After my interviews I was given another tour exploring parts of the building not visited before. I was then given an onsite drug test. A few days later I received an offer pending the results of the drug and background test. I politely accepted the offer.

Interview Questions

• Not really any difficult or unexpected questions, just a long hiring process, so be patient and positive.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds (Houston, TX) in March 2014.

Interview

Applied for IT Support position originally through college I attended and received an email a week or so later asking for 1st Skype interview. Interview was basic questions about job at the end of it the HR employee asked if I would be interested in another position and it appealed to my interest more so I decided to continue the process as applying for the Customer Training Professional. They scheduled me for all of the tests online and after I recieved confirmation I passed I had a 2nd Skype interview with a one of the managers in the department I would work in then after that they scheduled me to retake all of the test again with someone watching me. After passing the tests for the 2nd time I had a 3rd Skype interview with another manager in another area of the same department this interview was more laid back and much shorter. After that interview I was scheduled for an onsite interview in the Houston office where I would work. Here I had two seperate interviews about 30 minutes each with managers who where basically another level above the previous ones a had interviewed with. The interviews weren't difficult and I was asked questions around my resume a little bit and then asked what questions I had about the job/company etc. Finally at the end had me take a drug test. Week or two later said that I passed drug test and offered me the job with lowest requested salary. I respectively declined. Whole process took about a month.

Interview Questions

• What is the minimum salary you would consider for this job?   Answer Question

Declined because didn't seem like a exciting place to work when I visited. Everyone I interviewed with was nice but company seemed cheap when offering the lowest salary. Saw better options elsewhere.