Reynolds and Reynolds

Updated Dec 6, 2014

69 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dayton, OH

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds in October 2014.

I applied online and was contacted within a few days by email. The email stated that they would like me to complete an online aptitude test. I did a quick bit of Googling and found out this was very common with the company and that they company also offered a very low salary for devs. As this was one of the first companies to get back to me, I decided to take their test for fun.

The test was long and annoying. Basically a 1.5 hour IQ test. Things like mathematical word problems, recognizing patterns in letter strings, number strings, and images. They even had a vocabulary test. Halfway through I stopped caring as you only missed points if you answered incorrectly, not if you left them blank. I left a good amount blank because the time limits are not generous.

Anyway, I got a call a few days later from one of their recruiting managers asking me a few basic questions, if I was interviewing with anyone else, and what kind of salary I was expecting, and whether I would want to work in Dayton, OH or Texas.. I told her I would prefer Texas and that I wasn't sure what to ask for salary-wise and would like to know what Reynolds & Reynolds offered. She told me junior software devs usually make upper 30's or lower 40's (As in 30,000-40,000) a year. I told her I would want at the very least 50k.

She said she would let the recruiting team in Texas know and they would get in touch with me.

I haven't heard back in about 5 days and I am pretty sure I won't hear back because of my minimum salary requirement.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kettering, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kettering, OH

I applied online – interviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds.

The pre-employment testing, specifically the math portion is a bit extreme. One could certainly justify it if in fact is was validated and resulted in reduced turnover but the turnover is always very high. I would encourage this company's recruiting department to re-evaluate the assessment piece of their selection process. This may or may not occur either as they experience high turnover in that department as well.

Interview Questions
    • The math portion of the pre-employment assessment testing is difficult unless you've just graduated.   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dayton, OH

I applied through other source – interviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds in September 2014.

4 Aplitude Test, 1 large at home and 3 in the facility. The facility is super nice but rather tough to get past the test for an interview. I would like to actually sit down with another person to explain my skills rather than have some computer tell them if I'm qualified based off a test that is timed and doesn't really relate to the material i applied for.

Interview Questions
    • The Test seems to get you flustered because of the way it is scored, 1 point for each answer correct 1/4 for incorrect answers and 0 points for unanswered questions, if you don't score high enough on the test they do not move forward with your application   Answer Question

Junior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dayton, OH

I applied online – interviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds in August 2014.

Save your time don't even apply. I applied online. the recruiter said there was a couple short online personality trait testing to complete. I was thinking 30 minutes tops. So I started it on this laptop before I went to bed. I started it at about 830 I didn't complete until after midnight. Secondly the buildings at Dayton location is POORLY MARKED. When she told me to come in . Never told which buiding to come to. Never told me where to park. So I parked among the rest of the employees. I walked probably a good mile while it was raining. finally I get to the "recruiter" she reminds me to "do well" because they only take the approx top 10 percent. The test makes no sense. I got turned down but with the turnover problems at Reynolds and Reynolds. Then the testing is weird. I probably had 5 hours of testing. I talked with a friend who said they met with him 4-5 times before they offered him the job. He said the wages aren't that hot either. It would be one thing if they paid 100 k per year. I saw his W-2 I know what he makes(I won't say) but if they offered me NO WAY IN HECK I would accept it.

Content Writer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dayton, OH

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds in July 2014.

All contact will be through email, which will be generic and sent out to all potential employees who make it to the interview process. Leading up to an interview, which is not guaranteed, you must take an extensive aptitude test that asks you a bunch of math word problems and order sequences asking what comes next in the pattern. Afterwards you then sit and wait in a holding area as long as they decide to keep you their, could be over an hour or more, and then one of the recruiters may ask to conduct and interview and will take you to a vacant conference room. In the interview they will ask you what you know about the company, why you want to work there, what you will bring to their organization, and just to talk a little about yourself. A week afterwards you will either get an email asking to set up another interview with someone from the specific department you want to work for or another generic rejection email that is clearly sent out in bulk.

Interview Questions
    • There was not any questions that were particularly hard. All of their questions were very straight forward as I mentioned in my paragraph about the interview process.   View Answer
    They were pretty unclear with a starting base salary so it is easy to suggest something much lower than what you should be making. Make sure you research what current employees with your job title are making so you are getting paid what you deserve.

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dayton, OH

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds.

Met R&R at a college job fair. They were not that aggressive and i felt i drove most of the process. I had nearly 7-8 interviews over about 2 months and looking back should have seen this is how the company as a whole likes to operate. They have a proprietary psych eval and intelligence test that weeds out about 90% of applicants. Most people with prior sales experience aren't willing to go through the song and dance so a lot of recent grads are hired. R&R loves this because they can pay less and treat them worse.

Interview Questions
    • Intelligence test is designed to not be finished and penalize incorrect answers. It is also rumored that your initial score indicated future promotions, but never confirmed.   Answer Question
    Very little negotiation, they like to hold all the power. They initially offered me a position I did not apply for (lower lever) and I declined. They called back about a week later and offered the correct and I accepted.

Customer Training Professional Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dayton, OH

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds in June 2014.

I applied online (emailed my resume) and a few days later I received an email stating I might be a match and included an application and series of tests to fill out. Test were personality and IQ tests that were not really designed to be finished so don't stress about that. A couple days after submitting the tests and application I received a call to setup a Skype interview with a recruiter. After this I was sent another test (assessing my views on drugs and racism) and another application that required much more detail such as Parent's college background etc. At this time I was also setup for a phone interview with a department supervisor in a few days. After that interview I scheduled a phone interview with a department Manager. The next step was to take the IQ test again, but this time with someone watching me (via Skype). This was to make sure that it was actually me taking the test and that I was not using a calculator. Once I passed the tests, again, I scheduled to go the Dayton, OH HQ to have two interviews and a campus tour. The facility is very impressive and has a lot to offer, all of which can be detailed on the company website. My first interview was with the department Director, and after that I had an interview with the Department VP. After my interviews I was given another tour exploring parts of the building not visited before. I was then given an onsite drug test. A few days later I received an offer pending the results of the drug and background test. I politely accepted the offer.

Interview Questions
    • Not really any difficult or unexpected questions, just a long hiring process, so be patient and positive.   View Answer
    No negotiation.

Entry Level Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dayton, OH

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds in May 2014.

Went into the office for assessments and received an interview from HR and then managers. It was definitely a long day but I appreciated that they wanted to get it done all at once.

Reynolds and Reynolds Response

Jun 11, 2014Corporate Communications

Welcome to Reynolds! We're glad to have you as part of our team!

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dayton, OH

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds.

I originally applied to a specific internship position through email. I was emailed back and requested to take the online ethics and skills assessments. After completing those satisfactorily, I was asked to set up a Skype interview. After passing that, I was asked to complete a "Long Form" application. I received a call to come in and formally take the assessments when all my information was received. The aptitude test was simple, and afterwards I was given a tour of the facility and told to sit in a room and wait for someone to interview me. When the interviewer finally came in, I realized that I was being interviewed for a position that had absolutely nothing to do with the original position I applied to. The entire process was time consuming, and the disorganization of the entire process made me question the entire company structure. After reading the negative reviews from current employees and others who have gone through the interview process, I can say that I am happy that I did not get a position with Reynolds.

Interview Questions
    • How much do you make at your current position?   View Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dayton, OH

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds in April 2014.

Took a personality test online at home. The next day I went to Reynolds & Reynolds and took a stupid aptitude test. What does geometrical shapes have to do with a internship? Lol. This place is a joke! I read all of the reviews about this place on here beforehand. So it really wasn't that much of a shocker. Seems like they needed to fill a quota for interviews.