Reynolds and Reynolds Interview Questions in Dayton, OH

Updated Mar 7, 2015

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dayton, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds (Dayton, OH).

Interview

I applied online and received an email letting me know they wanted me to come in for testing/possible interview. There were preliminary psych evaluations, "ethics" tests, and IQ tests I had to take before showing up that required a little less than two hours to complete. When I showed up I had to go through more tests! They were much of the same (IQ and personality tests). Mind you I have not spoken to anyone up to this point. Well, I finish up and they tell me to wait out in the lobby, which I figured was a good sign since others were not asked to do so. Well, I go in for an interview with a girl who tells me the position I applied for was already filled and that I could apply for another one...okaaaaaay that sort of thing shouldn't happen. Well I guess their extensive computer testing is like the sorting hat from Hogwartz so who am I to question it? Well I went through a few more interviews after her that were a surprising contrast to the rigidity of the previous portion of the interview process. Mind you, I got a lot of the usual questions so if you go in there well prepared you should be fine as they really were quite personable. Oddly enough, one of the earliest questions I was asked by the first interviewer was about salary range. I didn't know anything about the job itself and yet I was supposed to answer this question! I ended up giving my expected salary, which is at the lower end of the range I found online, and she said the job was at a lower salary (A LOT less). I had come this far so I figured go on. I guess as part of the formal interview you have to fill out the long form application. This is where things got really weird. I was asked questions about smoking, indirect questions about my marital status, and direct questions about my parents...the whole thing felt really uncomfortable as NONE of that has anything to do with my ability to do the job for which I had not even applied for in the first place. Well, I was there so I answered them and was administered an oral drug test right then and there. A few weeks later I received an offer for about twenty percent less than my lowest expected salary range and I tell you what I did my research on that end so what gives?

Interview Questions

• What was your parents' education level/occupation?   1 Answer
    • Do you smoke?   1 Answer
    • What would your spouse have to say about your career something or another?   1 Answer

Marketing Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dayton, OH

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds (Dayton, OH).

Interview

A 30 minute online assessment, an IQ test in person, and five interviews later...I was declined a position at the company. The woman I interviewed with seemed to think highly of my qualifications. The men I interviewed with were arrogant, questioned my knowledge about cars, and even asked about my family and whether I had any children.

Interview Questions

• Have you purchased a car and what was the process like for you?   Answer Question

Entry Level Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dayton, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds (Dayton, OH) in January 2015.

Interview

I applied for this position online via a job board. In three days, a Recruiting Coordinator emailed me and said: "We have reviewed your information and would like to proceed to the next step in the process and invite you to our facility in Dayton for an aptitude assessment as well as a possible interview. Keep in mind while scheduling your appointment that the assessment test takes an hour to complete and depending on the availability of a recruiter, you may receive an interview thereafter." I proceeded to schedule the onsite visit 14 days from then. In the meantime, I was emailed links to complete the following online: an Application, Personality Assessment, and Ethics Assessment. I completed these items and then went to the Dayton facility for the aptitude assessment on my scheduled day/time. The aptitude assessment was a three-section logic and reasoning test that took me about one hour to complete. I was unable to complete the tests within the time that was allocated for each of them so I did not feel very confident when I was finished. I exited the computer room that I took the test with about 12+ other people and went to the counter where the coordinator was sitting. She said she was looking at my information and it did not appear that they had any other questions and I would be hearing from them in 3 to 5 business days. I knew right then and there that I was being rejected. Sure enough, 3 days later, I received the following email: "Thank you for your interest in employment with Reynolds and Reynolds. We appreciate the time you spent applying with us; however, we will not be proceeding with your application at this time. Again, thank you for your time and we wish you the best of luck in your career search."

This experience was obviously not a positive one for me. I spent a lot of time completing their requests and then more time taking a test that is geared toward people with very high IQs and never even received an interview. One's eduction and experience does not seem to count for anything with them...it is as if they believe one's potential is all based off the results of these tests. I do not believe this to be an accurate way to sum someone up. In addition, I felt like the process was very intrusive. I regret that I ever allowed them to get inside my head and waste my time...a lesson learned the hard way.

Digital Marketing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dayton, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds (Dayton, OH) in January 2015.

Interview

Phone Interview, Test, Skype Interview, Onsite Interview. Very straight forward, The test is extremely important. Easy interview, I didnt even know much about the company going in. They are more worried about finding intelligent and motivated employees.

Interview Questions

• What would be one thing you would say sets you apart from other candidates?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I asked to increase salary.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dayton, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds (Dayton, OH) in October 2014.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted within a few days by email. The email stated that they would like me to complete an online aptitude test. I did a quick bit of Googling and found out this was very common with the company and that they company also offered a very low salary for devs. As this was one of the first companies to get back to me, I decided to take their test for fun.

The test was long and annoying. Basically a 1.5 hour IQ test. Things like mathematical word problems, recognizing patterns in letter strings, number strings, and images. They even had a vocabulary test. Halfway through I stopped caring as you only missed points if you answered incorrectly, not if you left them blank. I left a good amount blank because the time limits are not generous.

Anyway, I got a call a few days later from one of their recruiting managers asking me a few basic questions, if I was interviewing with anyone else, and what kind of salary I was expecting, and whether I would want to work in Dayton, OH or Texas.. I told her I would prefer Texas and that I wasn't sure what to ask for salary-wise and would like to know what Reynolds & Reynolds offered. She told me junior software devs usually make upper 30's or lower 40's (As in 30,000-40,000) a year. I told her I would want at the very least 50k.

She said she would let the recruiting team in Texas know and they would get in touch with me.

I haven't heard back in about 5 days and I am pretty sure I won't hear back because of my minimum salary requirement.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kettering, OH

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds (Kettering, OH).

Interview

The pre-employment testing, specifically the math portion is a bit extreme. One could certainly justify it if in fact is was validated and resulted in reduced turnover but the turnover is always very high. I would encourage this company's recruiting department to re-evaluate the assessment piece of their selection process. This may or may not occur either as they experience high turnover in that department as well.

Interview Questions

• The math portion of the pre-employment assessment testing is difficult unless you've just graduated.   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dayton, OH

Application

I applied through other source – interviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds (Dayton, OH) in September 2014.

Interview

4 Aplitude Test, 1 large at home and 3 in the facility. The facility is super nice but rather tough to get past the test for an interview. I would like to actually sit down with another person to explain my skills rather than have some computer tell them if I'm qualified based off a test that is timed and doesn't really relate to the material i applied for.

Interview Questions

• The Test seems to get you flustered because of the way it is scored, 1 point for each answer correct 1/4 for incorrect answers and 0 points for unanswered questions, if you don't score high enough on the test they do not move forward with your application   Answer Question

Junior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dayton, OH

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds (Dayton, OH) in August 2014.

Interview

Save your time don't even apply. I applied online. the recruiter said there was a couple short online personality trait testing to complete. I was thinking 30 minutes tops. So I started it on this laptop before I went to bed. I started it at about 830 I didn't complete until after midnight. Secondly the buildings at Dayton location is POORLY MARKED. When she told me to come in . Never told which buiding to come to. Never told me where to park. So I parked among the rest of the employees. I walked probably a good mile while it was raining. finally I get to the "recruiter" she reminds me to "do well" because they only take the approx top 10 percent. The test makes no sense. I got turned down but with the turnover problems at Reynolds and Reynolds. Then the testing is weird. I probably had 5 hours of testing. I talked with a friend who said they met with him 4-5 times before they offered him the job. He said the wages aren't that hot either. It would be one thing if they paid 100 k per year. I saw his W-2 I know what he makes(I won't say) but if they offered me NO WAY IN HECK I would accept it.

Content Writer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dayton, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds (Dayton, OH) in July 2014.

Interview

All contact will be through email, which will be generic and sent out to all potential employees who make it to the interview process. Leading up to an interview, which is not guaranteed, you must take an extensive aptitude test that asks you a bunch of math word problems and order sequences asking what comes next in the pattern. Afterwards you then sit and wait in a holding area as long as they decide to keep you their, could be over an hour or more, and then one of the recruiters may ask to conduct and interview and will take you to a vacant conference room. In the interview they will ask you what you know about the company, why you want to work there, what you will bring to their organization, and just to talk a little about yourself. A week afterwards you will either get an email asking to set up another interview with someone from the specific department you want to work for or another generic rejection email that is clearly sent out in bulk.

Interview Questions

• There was not any questions that were particularly hard. All of their questions were very straight forward as I mentioned in my paragraph about the interview process.   1 Answer

Negotiation

They were pretty unclear with a starting base salary so it is easy to suggest something much lower than what you should be making. Make sure you research what current employees with your job title are making so you are getting paid what you deserve.

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dayton, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds (Dayton, OH).

Interview

Met R&R at a college job fair. They were not that aggressive and i felt i drove most of the process. I had nearly 7-8 interviews over about 2 months and looking back should have seen this is how the company as a whole likes to operate. They have a proprietary psych eval and intelligence test that weeds out about 90% of applicants. Most people with prior sales experience aren't willing to go through the song and dance so a lot of recent grads are hired. R&R loves this because they can pay less and treat them worse.

Interview Questions

• Intelligence test is designed to not be finished and penalize incorrect answers. It is also rumored that your initial score indicated future promotions, but never confirmed.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Very little negotiation, they like to hold all the power. They initially offered me a position I did not apply for (lower lever) and I declined. They called back about a week later and offered the correct and I accepted.