Reynolds and Reynolds Graphic Designer Interview Questions

Updated Aug 14, 2014

3.2

14 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Graphic Designer Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds.

The hiring process that they use is LONG. They have you take assessment after assessment. Some of the things you come across will seem pointless. They make sure your expected salary is negotiable.

Other Interview Reviews for Reynolds and Reynolds

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds.

Phone Pre-Screen:
    Very quick five question screen to see if you are worth their time and if they are worth your time! Mostly pertains to if you smoke (they are a non-smoking campus) and what your desired work hours are like and things of that nature. It's very easy to get past this initial screening process but they will pass you on to one of the most difficult portions of the interview process where Reynolds and Reynolds will screen out most of their applicants.

Aptitude Test:
    When I interviewed with them, they told me this was similar to a portion of a test they give to air traffic controllers and I needed to study for it. It will go over all kinds of types of question, from algebra to definitions. You will be timed and there are a lot of sections to the test (I think it was 14 by the time I was done). Much like testing for SAT or ACTs, you must answer your questions smart or skip them. It is done on a point scale and you get points off for answering wrong, but no points removed for skipping a question. Though, if you only answer one question out of 20, it is probably taken into account as well.

Recruiter/Department Interviews:
    You finally really get to speak to a person about what you can do! Be honest about yourself and your expectations. You can expect it to be like any other traditional interview. If you impress them, they will pass you on to the department where you'll be interviewed by one or two more people that you'd be working with directly. There isn't really an opportunity to negotiate a salary, so make sure you have a base in mind if you really can't accept below a certain amount and be honest with yourself about that base.

Skills Test:
    They will test your skills so make sure you know what you're doing when it comes to graphic design. It's not difficult if you know your code and have a decent eye for design. You'll be evaluated though by a few different people, but be confident in what you're doing and also, be yourself in your work!

Once you get to this point, if they like you, they'll continue on with a background check and all those things before proceeding to an offer stage. It can take upwards of a month and a half, so be patient if you want to work for them!

Interview Questions
    • Questions on the Aptitude test!! Especially as a designer, being asked corporate business questions or algebra that hasn't been touched since early high school.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation phase. I had my base and my range, but I said for certain I could not go below my base.

They do bring in designers with a very specific range in mind and will pass on designers that are above their high-range if they deem them too expensive.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online – interviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds in July 2014.

There is quite a lot of steps in Reynolds and Reynolds hiring process including testing that seems very much like an IQ test and also a personality test. I had wished there had been more specific questions about my ability to actually do the specific job since much of the testing was irrelevant to the position I was applying for. Still, it was a better process than some companies that I have interviewed with.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult part of the process was answering questions on the test that had to do with sales, programming, or international business. These question had nothing to do with graphic design.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds in July 2014.

After applying online, I received an e-mail asking for my availability for a Skype interview, which consisted of very typical interview questions ("What are your greatest strengths/weaknesses, Why do you want to work for us?", etc). After this, I was given additional paperwork to do that involved some other typical interview-type questions as well as a few odd ones (like what kinds of pets I had as a child), an aptitude test for logic, problem-solving, and algebra (for some reason), as well as an ethics survey that mostly asked about your opinions of alcohol and marijuana during work hours. The second interview was another Skype interview that asked me different but still very standard interview questions. I was then given a set of three graphics projects to complete within a 24-hour span-- they were materials that would be made on the job. I then was scheduled for a third interview with a department manager over the phone. A week later I was informed that they would not be moving forward with my application process at this time.
    The company representatives usually responded to my latest application step within a week and were always very courteous.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds in June 2014.

Applied via craigslist for a job in College Station, TX. Was contacted a day or two later by a recruiter via email on a position in Houston, TX with some forms, after those were submitted I was contacted again via email to take some tests, then I was contacted again to organize an interview. Completed the interview via Skype & phone and was given another set of forms to fill out including authorization for a background check and a personality quiz. After submission of those forms received an email 10 business days later with confirmation that I did not receive the position.

Interview Questions
    • There was some unexpected questions on the final application that wanted to know what kind of pets I had when I was young, whether or not I had a car loan, and if I had any dependents.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds.

I took about 3 pre-employment tests that lasted a couple of hours. One test asks about your parents and their occupations. Quite a few questions about marijuana. It seemed like the tests were designed for ex-military personnel looking for full-time work.
    After a successful screening, you will talk to a recruiter who will decide if you will interview for the job that you applied for or if they prefer that you applied for the graphic designer/specialist job. Seems to have high-turnover according to the other reviews from ex-employees.
    Then you will get another interview from the department lead/mgr that lasts 45 minutes to an hour.
    And if you pass, you will get a tour of the building and area where you would work.
    But wait theres more...
    Before you are actually offered the job, you must take another graphic design test for car dealership postcards that is emailed to you to complete in 24 hours!

Interview Questions
    • Please create a postcard campaign for one of our automotive clients.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds in May 2013.

Questions were very basic and common. I answer promptly and with confidence. They did not seem to like to get questions back

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds in September 2012.

starting by doing personality test and logical test online (you need about 2 hours to finish the test), followed by a phone interview.

Interview Questions
    • very standard interview questions, no unexpected questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds in August 2012.

Applied online through their site and provided my resume; more than to qualified in terms of experience and software knowledge. Got an email back saying they were interested in me coming in to interview. They sent 3 or 4 time slots available to pick from, and "sample" personality questions (started to wonder about it at this point). After I continued looking at the materials, it said it was suggested that I go to a library (what?!!) and check out an Air Traffic Control handbook to study for the analytical exam. That's right - for a graphic design job! I googled the company, which opened the floodgates to BAD reviews, both here and on other sites, on their hiring practices, and from current and past employees. I quickly emailed the girl at "ReyRey" back and canceled my interview before I wasted any more time with them.

Interview Questions
    • Air traffic control-related questions for a graphic designer??   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds in November 2011.

Interviewed in Fall 2011. Applied online and received an email saying they were interested. I had a phone interview asking basic questions and then they told me I would need to come in for testing. I had to fill out an online application again and went to take the test. The test was over algebra, english, and basic reasoning. Very similar to a SAT test but not as complicated. After the test, I received a call saying they wanted to interview me. I met with two people from the recruiting office. They asked basic questions taking notes all the time. They didn't even look at my design portfolio. They said I would hear back if they wanted a second interview with my department. Then I received an email saying they weren't interested. I wondered if it was because of my salary requirement.
    The real crazy part is this job has been available since I have applied almost a year ago. Also, a few months after receiving the rejection note, I got an email from a recruiter asking if I was interested in the same position.