Reynolds and Reynolds

Average Difficulty
12 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Intern

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds.

Interview Details – I first got an email that they were impressed by some of my background on my resume and asked if I could make a visit to the office. It's kind of a waste of time cuz they will ask you to drive all the way to dayton and take a test.

Interview Question – There's no question at all. They just schedule people to take several tests on their computers   Answer Question

Houston, TX

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds in May 2014.

Interview Details – They make you take an exam prior to walking in, which was a waste of time. Then arriving there you have to take another 45 minute exam that consists of all the stuff you learned in high school. I didn't think it was necessary since the internship position had nothing to do with the exams. You then get interviewed with a recruiter and if they like you they give you a position upfront and if they don't they will contact you in a few days for rejection

Interview Question – They make you take an exam prior to walking in, which was a waste of time.   Answer Question

Dayton, OH

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds.

Interview Details – I originally applied to a specific internship position through email. I was emailed back and requested to take the online ethics and skills assessments. After completing those satisfactorily, I was asked to set up a Skype interview. After passing that, I was asked to complete a "Long Form" application. I received a call to come in and formally take the assessments when all my information was received. The aptitude test was simple, and afterwards I was given a tour of the facility and told to sit in a room and wait for someone to interview me. When the interviewer finally came in, I realized that I was being interviewed for a position that had absolutely nothing to do with the original position I applied to. The entire process was time consuming, and the disorganization of the entire process made me question the entire company structure. After reading the negative reviews from current employees and others who have gone through the interview process, I can say that I am happy that I did not get a position with Reynolds.

Interview Question – How much do you make at your current position?   View Answer

College Station, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds in January 2014.

Interview Details – Applied through college recruiting program, it took a week for them to call back. Very prompt and organized

Interview Question – I had to go through 4 or 5 tests for 2 hours before the interview. The recruiter asks you about your project & experience and tries to match you based on the experience. Very relaxed interview. There weren't any difficult questions for the first interview with the HR   Answer Question

Interviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds

Interview Details – Very friendly interviewers. They have their own department and they do their job well. They also have activities for interns during the summer.

Interview Question – Most answers are straight forward.   Answer Question

Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds.

Interview Details – Reynolds and Reynolds expects all applicants to take online personality and aptitude tests before the actual interview. You are then required to take more competence tests once you arrive at the facility. If you pass these tests, you are asked in for an interview on the spot. Otherwise, they say they will be in touch and email you about a week later saying they were pursuing other applicants.

Interview Question – Nothing unexpected.   Answer Question

Intern

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds.

Interview Details – Aptitude test on the computer followed by an interview with both someone in recruitment and then a manager.

Interview Question – Pretty straight forward questions, nothing too difficult or out of the ordinary.   Answer Question

Dayton, OH

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds in August 2011.

Interview Details – Found the position through a school job search.
Sent in my resume and was contacted by e-mail to come in for testing. (Reasoning, math, recognizing patterns, etc) After the test someone interviewed me, but the position I applied for was already filled. I got a call 4 months later about a job they thought I would be a good fit for, and asked to come in for a "meeting" to see if I wanted it. After the "meeting" I was told they filled the position already

Interview Question – Would you be willing to work in a field other than accounting?   Answer Question

Kettering, OH

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds in April 2012.

Interview Details – I hand delivered my resume to Reynolds in professional attire. Got an email the next day asking me to fill out a lot of information and take tests. I was applying for a software developer intern position. A week later they asked me to set up an in office test with possibility of an interview.

I went early, and took a test in a large computer room with about fifteen other applicants. I took a personality test as well as aptitude, mechanical abilities and written skills.

Got invited in to the first interview with a recruiter, she was very nice and courteous. She was impressed with more of the social aspect of the interview rather than technical, even though it is a technical position. She smiled a lot and it seemed to go well. She asked me if I was interested in a different position. She explained that the position I applied for is very competitive, and that my social and writing skills coincide with the new position. She set me up with an interview with my would be supervisor right there.

Supervisor came in, somewhat stern, and asked technical questions all the way through. Things that I know now didn't have anything to do with my job. I did well, being totally honest with him. He left, and said I would be a good candidate for the position. A woman then came in and gave me a mouth swab drug test right there.

I then went into another room and filled out an additional application, then I was free to go.

Interview Question – Do you have experience with Sun Java Servers?

I laughed because I knew how old they were, and how young I am. He appreciated it, and just wanted to make sure I even knew what they were
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Don't ask for more pay. I know someone else that asked for a dollar more over hour and they declined.

Houston, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds in March 2012.

Interview Details – Let me state it in no unclear terms: this place is garbage.

First: The salary. $8.50/hr. I can make that working as a lifeguard or at a day camp. Guess again.
Second: The atmosphere. A bunch of fake plants, motivational posters that are more ironic than inspiring, and a high pressure testing room all add to the wonderful experience.
Third: The SAT test. I took the SAT, and I probably did better than anybody working at this pathetic company. No company that respects its employees gives them such a basic test. I can add and subtract Reynolds. It's not hard.
Fourth: The invasive personality test. WHY DO YOU CARE IF I SMOKE?

Never recruit at Rice again because I'll make sure nobody ever interviews with you again.

Interview Question – Do you smoke?   Answer Question

Worked for Reynolds and Reynolds? Contribute to the Community!