Reynolds and Reynolds Interview Questions

3.1

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds in February 2010.

I took the screening tests. All I got was a rejection e-mail. It looked pretty automated to me.

The math assessment is HARD! More than a few questions involved financial calculations, long division and algebra.

Also, what's the point of asking someone on a test whether or not they stole from some previous company? It's like you have to consider the interpretation of the questions in the personality tests. So, either you lie and pick all the "right" answers, or you tell the truth and get nothing. I want no part in this.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dayton, OH

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds in April 2010.

This employer makes you take a ridiculous 4 hour personality/ethics/intelligence test. I spent hours taking this test so I could essentially answer phones all day, it was total overkill. Then they filled the position before I even had my scheduled face to face interview, but the worst part was that they didn't even bother to call me on the phone to tell me, they just sent a one line email that ended up in my spam folder. I have a great job now and feel lucky not to work here, the lack of respect in the interview process is just a preview of the way they treat their employees I'm sure.

Interview Questions
    • 25 algebra word problems that you must complete in 30mins with no calculator   Answer Question

Administrative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in College Station, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in College Station, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds in May 2010.

The process is (generally) like this:

You contact them by sending a resume online or having a current employee submit a referral for you.

You are then contacted by a Recruiter. It might be by email or it might be by phone. If they don't reach you, they will leave a voicemail with a number to call.

You have a preliminary phone interview with a recruiter. This is not even a real interview. They will basically ask you what positions you're interested in, whether you smoke (tobacco-free company), any misdemeanors/felonies you might have, what hours you want to work, etc. At the end of this call, the recruiter will schedule you for an "appointment" and send you an email with information about the appointment.

At your appointment, you will take an assessment test that takes about 2 hours. Cell phones aren't allowed but you can leave yours at the recruiting front desk.

After your appointment, you will most likely have an interview with a Recruiter. You will be put in a 12x12 room alone with a desk and some random pamphlets about the company. It might take a while and it gets very boring waiting. The recruiter gets more specific information on the kind of job you want and goes over availale positions. If all goes well, he/she will contact those Supervisors to see if any are available to come interview you.

You might be sent home. Or on a good day, you will have an interview with a Supervisor. (Make your appt for the early morning to increase your chances of getting all interviews done in one day) The interview with the Supervisor is much of the same.

If the Supervisor feels it went well, they will send down their Manager (if available). The interviews get shorter and less thorough as you go so don't be scared.

After this interview, some meet the VP of the department they interviewed with.

After a long day of testing and interviews, you will be escorted to the front desk where you (hopefully) get your drug test sheet.

You take your drug test at the place listed and WAIT. You'll get a call and they will offer the position over the phone and schedule your first day.

The first time I worked here it took a really long time to start because I had out of state drivers license and I had to request my driving record by mail (they weren't authorized to request it).

Your first day you will have to print out papers, fill them out, and bring them in (along with two forms of identification). You'll spend roughly an hour at orientation and then be picked up by your Supervisor and start work!

SOFTWARE IMPLEMENTATION REPRESENTATIVE Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kettering, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kettering, OH

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds in October 2010.

I was called for a phone interview, then I was invited to take online assessment tests. After a few days I was contacted to come in for additional testing and a possible interview. NOTE - This testing would be a breeze if the company allowed you to use a calculator. Even though my cell phone, PDA and a binder I carry everywhere all have a calculator. THE YEAR IS 2010!!!! After I completed the testing I was asked to wait in the reception area for my results to come in. As I sat and waited, two recruiters were talking to the receptionist. The recruiters quickly left the area and I was called to the reception area and said that I would be contacted in less than a week for a interview. One day later I received an email saying that I was not chosen.

Interview Questions
    • Brush up on algebra and really long division before you take the assessment testing.   View Answer

Sales Specialist Interview

The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds in February 2010.

This was the longest process ever! The most tests, personal back ground check and phone interviews I have ever endoured for much less pay than my previous jobs. I had a face to face interview with a manager who showed up to meet me, after I drove 2 hours, in a pair of jeans and tee shirt with a cold, coughing and very unpersonable. He ended the interview with how would you sell me this bottle of water. Are you joking?? Then his boss called me and asked me to meet him and never called to confirm. I called as I was preparing to meet and he never answered. He called me back later that he wasn't available and HR would be contacting me. I told him not to bother and this was the most ridiculous process I had been through and was glad I did not stop my search for a job and would be going to see the competitor who was in disbelief over what they put me through. What a total waste of time!

Sales Representative Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds in October 2009.

This was a long and grueling interview process.
    It started with submitting my resume through my college career center.
    Then there was a short phone screening.
    Then I had to complete an employment application, which consisted of multiple open-ended questions about why I wanted to work in sales at Rey & Rey.
    Then there was a 6 part intelligence test, which I completed remotely.
    Then an 1 hour phone interview.
    Then a drug test to ensure I don't smoke. (They don't hire anyone who smokes).
    Then a face to face interview with the district manager; however, the first couple hours were spent at a FedEx Office, completing another intelligence test while he proctored.
    Then I got a phone call saying the interview process had been put on hold.
    Then 2 weeks later I got another phone call saying never mind, but we actually want to continue with the process.
    Then I had to fly to Southern CA (from San Francisco) for the day to interview with the Regional Manger (ReyRey took care of the accommodations).
    And after all of this, I received a generic email, which opened with the words "Dear Applicant" notifying me that I had not gotten the job.

Since this was a sales position, I never actually went to a ReyRey office because everyone I interviewed with in person worked out of their home. Everyone I talked to from the company was very friendly; however, I was shocked by how impersonal their rejection letter was. After all the time and commitment I put into the interview process I expected a phone call or at least expected my name to be in the email. I actually brought this to the attention of the RM, and he was shocked as well and said he'd talk to HR about this, so I hope they have since corrected this.

Interview Questions
    • Lets pretend you are working at a store, and I am a customer who just walked in. Your goal is to sell this pair of sunglasses to me. What do you say?   Answer Question

Stragic Account Sales Representative and Fixed Operations Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds in March 2012.

While this on the face and through the job descriptions this seems like a great company. There are some practices that seem shady. The job started as intervieing for a strategic account sales representative. low to mid 60's salary plus commission company car, company credit card, heavy travel. You have to do an online test first...Then a phone screen with a recruiter. Then a Credit check and driving record check (which are fine but bringing up a late payment from an account 10 years ago isnt right) once you make it past this check you get to do a skype interview with the regional sales manager. This is fine but when he cant figure out howto see anything but your profile pick and his kid keep popping up behind him.....Very sketchy. Then I was mad to take 2 more tests on line and then do a skype inteview with the vice president. Once I passed this step I was asked to take the tests again while being observed by a reynolds employee. Then one more Skype interview. Once I was done here I was contacted by the recuiter who told me

You will just need to pass a drug screen and background check. Then you will get an offer if these come back ok. Did what I had to. I followed up 3 days later and was told. Nothing in your background check caused any concern and you passed the drug screen. Your info is with the President and Ill follow up later....

Then nothing until I would follow up...Got the Run around for a while and then got a we went in another direction email.

Just unprofessional, as as soon as I heard offer and knew that I am not on drugs and have no criminal history. I turned down another Job.

Interview Questions
    • What does your father do for a living   View Answer
    • Why were you late on a credit card account with Kauffmans   View Answer

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dayton, OH

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds in April 2012.

The hiring process here is long and drawn out. If you don't do well on the first screening of tests, they won't offer you a job. The people are very nice, but it's clear they decide whether you qualify based on these ridiculous assessments. In my opinion, if you have other options, I would try those first.

Interview Questions
    • What was your greatest failure and how did you cope with it?   Answer Question

Sales Consultant Interview

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds in July 2012.

Was contacted by recruiter, did multiple IQ/math/personality tests that took a few hours total, had a phone interview with recruiter, had to fill out "interesting" job application that asked very personal questions about car payments, dependents, child support (supposedly to make sure pay range would be adequate for applicant). After all that I had phone interview w/ local sales manager, then a week later he set up face to face interview, he said he would be in touch for day on trade and to complete another assessment over again (to make sure 1st one was not cheated on). I have over 6 yrs experience, would require very little training, but just received generic email saying I would not be continuing. Job is not rocket science, interview process is ridiculous.

Software Developer - Southfield, MI Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Southfield, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Southfield, MI

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds in August 2012.

I did not get to the interview - I did their online personality and math tests online, and received a rejection letter several weeks later. The tests took two hours, and comprised the various comparing pictures, finding the next in the sequence, etc. I did not talk to a single person during this time, it was all done online.

Interview Questions
    • The math test consisted of story problems which are easily solved on paper, but may take more than 15 seconds each to solve.

There is a section of the test that requires you to compare one set of numbers to another and determine which ones are a pair. This one is very hard on the eyes as they want it done in less than a few minutes.
        Answer Question