Reynolds and Reynolds

Reynolds and Reynolds Interview Questions

Updated Dec 15, 2014
Updated Dec 15, 2014

3.1

Stragic Account Sales Representative and Fixed Operations Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds in March 2012.

While this on the face and through the job descriptions this seems like a great company. There are some practices that seem shady. The job started as intervieing for a strategic account sales representative. low to mid 60's salary plus commission company car, company credit card, heavy travel. You have to do an online test first...Then a phone screen with a recruiter. Then a Credit check and driving record check (which are fine but bringing up a late payment from an account 10 years ago isnt right) once you make it past this check you get to do a skype interview with the regional sales manager. This is fine but when he cant figure out howto see anything but your profile pick and his kid keep popping up behind him.....Very sketchy. Then I was mad to take 2 more tests on line and then do a skype inteview with the vice president. Once I passed this step I was asked to take the tests again while being observed by a reynolds employee. Then one more Skype interview. Once I was done here I was contacted by the recuiter who told me

You will just need to pass a drug screen and background check. Then you will get an offer if these come back ok. Did what I had to. I followed up 3 days later and was told. Nothing in your background check caused any concern and you passed the drug screen. Your info is with the President and Ill follow up later....

Then nothing until I would follow up...Got the Run around for a while and then got a we went in another direction email.

Just unprofessional, as as soon as I heard offer and knew that I am not on drugs and have no criminal history. I turned down another Job.

Interview Questions
    • What does your father do for a living   View Answer
    • Why were you late on a credit card account with Kauffmans   View Answer

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds in February 2010.

I took the screening tests. All I got was a rejection e-mail. It looked pretty automated to me.

The math assessment is HARD! More than a few questions involved financial calculations, long division and algebra.

Also, what's the point of asking someone on a test whether or not they stole from some previous company? It's like you have to consider the interpretation of the questions in the personality tests. So, either you lie and pick all the "right" answers, or you tell the truth and get nothing. I want no part in this.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds.

The worst possible process ever seen in my life. Test, tests, tests,tests and more tests.

Interview Questions
    • Stupid algebra questions and word problems.   View Answer

Accounting Specialist Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

They make you do some tests online, then schedule you to come take a computerized test at their location. The test is standard for any position, and are not tailored to the specific position you applied for. The test consists of sequencing, recognizing patterns, and math questions. Basically, I think this is a way to weed out applicants. They send you an e-mail saying they would like to meet with you, but then you just drive all the way to their office to take a ridiculous test and not get interviewed.

Interview Questions
    • The sequencing questions become ridiculous after a while and the math has to be done without using a calculator.   Answer Question

Weirdo - Massive, Disrespectful Waste of Time Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds in June 2014.

What hiring? What interview? I don't think they had any jobs!
    They had been advertising for a GRAPHIC DESIGNER.
    I filled out the on-line application and sent them the link to my on-line portfolio. They contacted me back, had me do an oddball on-line "intelligence test" followed by an on-site test (they took our cell-phones before admitting us), neither of which test bore any practical resemblance to anything I have ever encountered in the field in over 30 years. I left the place thoroughly frustrated.
    They e-mailed me back telling me something to the effect of "never apply again"... which was the final insult.
    There were herds of obvious graphic artists with their portfolios going through their entire rigamarole.
    The whole thing smacked of an NSA set-up.
    Nice building, but wouldn't an ad agency show off some of their campaigns in the lobby?

Interview Questions
    • The oddball non-sequitur "intelligence tests", none of which I had ever been exposed to. I spec printing and related stock day in and day out, plus labor, markups, shipping and everything else. This had nothing to do with any of it.   View Answer

Sales Specialist Interview

The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds in February 2010.

This was the longest process ever! The most tests, personal back ground check and phone interviews I have ever endoured for much less pay than my previous jobs. I had a face to face interview with a manager who showed up to meet me, after I drove 2 hours, in a pair of jeans and tee shirt with a cold, coughing and very unpersonable. He ended the interview with how would you sell me this bottle of water. Are you joking?? Then his boss called me and asked me to meet him and never called to confirm. I called as I was preparing to meet and he never answered. He called me back later that he wasn't available and HR would be contacting me. I told him not to bother and this was the most ridiculous process I had been through and was glad I did not stop my search for a job and would be going to see the competitor who was in disbelief over what they put me through. What a total waste of time!

Sales Representative Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds in October 2009.

This was a long and grueling interview process.
    It started with submitting my resume through my college career center.
    Then there was a short phone screening.
    Then I had to complete an employment application, which consisted of multiple open-ended questions about why I wanted to work in sales at Rey & Rey.
    Then there was a 6 part intelligence test, which I completed remotely.
    Then an 1 hour phone interview.
    Then a drug test to ensure I don't smoke. (They don't hire anyone who smokes).
    Then a face to face interview with the district manager; however, the first couple hours were spent at a FedEx Office, completing another intelligence test while he proctored.
    Then I got a phone call saying the interview process had been put on hold.
    Then 2 weeks later I got another phone call saying never mind, but we actually want to continue with the process.
    Then I had to fly to Southern CA (from San Francisco) for the day to interview with the Regional Manger (ReyRey took care of the accommodations).
    And after all of this, I received a generic email, which opened with the words "Dear Applicant" notifying me that I had not gotten the job.

Since this was a sales position, I never actually went to a ReyRey office because everyone I interviewed with in person worked out of their home. Everyone I talked to from the company was very friendly; however, I was shocked by how impersonal their rejection letter was. After all the time and commitment I put into the interview process I expected a phone call or at least expected my name to be in the email. I actually brought this to the attention of the RM, and he was shocked as well and said he'd talk to HR about this, so I hope they have since corrected this.

Interview Questions
    • Lets pretend you are working at a store, and I am a customer who just walked in. Your goal is to sell this pair of sunglasses to me. What do you say?   Answer Question

Sales Consultant Interview

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds in July 2012.

Was contacted by recruiter, did multiple IQ/math/personality tests that took a few hours total, had a phone interview with recruiter, had to fill out "interesting" job application that asked very personal questions about car payments, dependents, child support (supposedly to make sure pay range would be adequate for applicant). After all that I had phone interview w/ local sales manager, then a week later he set up face to face interview, he said he would be in touch for day on trade and to complete another assessment over again (to make sure 1st one was not cheated on). I have over 6 yrs experience, would require very little training, but just received generic email saying I would not be continuing. Job is not rocket science, interview process is ridiculous.

Outside Sales Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds in May 2013.

Call you and then have you do a test on the weekend you have to complete where it is timed and includes a lot of math and American questions
    If you do not qualify they give you no reason other then it related to the test and won't tell you how you did make sure you are not distracted during the trst

Traveling Representative Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds.

This interview process was a COMPLETE waist of my time. I first received an email letting me know they were interested in me. However, I was first to complete 3 different assessments consisting of an application, personality test, and aptitude assessment. I was hesitant to spend my time on all of these 3 tests but, as a recent college graduate, I am eager to begin a new career as soon as possible. I ended up taking the tests and it took me close to 4 hours!! The application and the personality test are pretty straight forward, however, the aptitude consisted of pattern sequencing, and algebraic word problems. You are not allowed to use a calculated and you are given really short time period to complete everything. I received a call the next day from the recruiter wanting to set up a Skype interview. I assumed that by some miracle I scored well enough on their ridiculous test to move on. After my first Skype interview I was sent what was called a "long form applications and an ethics assessment." The ethics assessment was pretty straight forward but the long form application asked a ridiculous amount of personal questions, like "what aspirations does my spouse have for me," as well as "what are my spouses parents occupations." Forgive me, but I don't see how my mother in laws job would be relevant to this at all??? In any case, I completed everything and consequently, was scheduled for a second Skype interview with a general manger. I was then moved to my third Skype interview. I really thought I would be getting a job offer during my third interview but that never happened. Instead, I was asked the same questions over and over again from my previous interviews. Finally, I mastered the courage to ask what was happening next. He told me I would have to RETAKE the aptitude test I took at the very beginning, but this time proctored by Skype!! Not only is this belittling, but a complete waist of time. Why wouldn't they have me take a proctored test the very first time, instead of having me go through 3 Skype interviews AND countless of assessments after. I can imagine the aptitude test is designed to weed out those who don't take the time to commit and take it. But this test becomes irrelevant when i've had 3 Skype interviews with them obviously telling them that I am no idiot. AND if by some miracle I passed again, I would be flown to Houston only to have MORE INTERVIEWS!! They target recent college grads who are desperate for a job and take them through hell and back only to then say there not interested in you anymore. The whole process took a month. What a waist!!! i wish I would have listened to the reviews on here and stayed away.

Interview Questions
    • Aptitude word problems. Interview questions were pretty straight forward. By the way, they ask you if you are a frequent smoker. They absolutely will NOT hire you if you smoke.   Answer Question