Reynolds and Reynolds Interview Questions

Updated Apr 14, 2015
Updated Apr 14, 2015

3.1

Applications Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds (Houston, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

Applied online. Received appointment scheduling request the same week (time slots given were 2 weeks from the date I received request) and I scheduled the appointment. Once I scheduled the appointment, received email to complete three items - an Application, Personality Assessment, and Ethics Assessment. Those have to completed prior to appointment time. Appointment was scheduled for an Aptitude Test

Interview Questions

• The Aptitude Test - The logic and aptitude test contains three timed sections - alphabet sequence, spatial relationship & mathematics. All questions are multiple choice. If you are lucky, you will see the same questions as in the sample test itself. I didn't do well in the test. Reason I could think of - I didn't take a timed sample test and somehow I had it in mind algebra is the only topic to be covered in mathematics which was not true. Please ask for extra scribbling paper before you enter for text. One paper was not enough for me and there was no one inside the room to provide you extra papers.   Answer Question

Software Implementation Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds in April 2015.

Interview

Received an email from HR to schedule an on campus aptitude test. Once the date for testing is confirmed I was asked to complete an online assessment and application.

The at home took about an hour and the on campus test took another hour. Received an email saying they will not continue with the process. Guess I didn't "pass" the test.

The whole process is a huge waste of my time and I was not even asked for an phone interview.

Interview Questions

• the aptitude test has 3 sections, pattern recognition, shape/IQ test and applied algebra   Answer Question

Software Implementation Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds (Houston, TX) in September 2014.

Interview

Interview was about a 3 week process. Started with an email to take an online aptitude test. Following the test, I was asked to do a followup interview with a recruiter via Skype. That was followed by a Proctored test via Skype with the same recruiter. I then met with two hire ups in the department I would be working in (a manager and a VP). This was followed by a face to face with who would be my supervisor. Since this position is a traveling one, I met him at a Starbucks close to my home. This too went well and I was then contacted a day or two later to come to the Houston office for a final interview. I then met with the manager and VP of the department from my original Skype meeting as well as a quick sit down with the VP of the company. They paid for my gas (74 a mile) for the whole trip and even made sure I had arrangements to stay in town. A few days later I was offered the job. If you make it to the home office and they do a drug test (THIS IS A TOBACCO FREE COMPANY), congrats, you should be in the clear.

Should you be offered the job, DO NOT COUNTER THE OFFER!!! I have spoken to many people who have done so and Reynolds will immediately retract the offer.

Interview Questions

• Normal questions, nothing hard. Weaknesses and strengths, goals, etc.   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds (Houston, TX) in February 2015.

Interview

Spoke with recruiter at College Job Fair. Process began with multiple online tests like personality and patterns etc. Had 2 Skype interviews with Recruiter and Senior Developer, both were very polite and helpful. Third and final interview was at their facility in Houston with another Senior Developer. Overall process was a little long (2 months), but relatively painless.

Interview Questions

• Basic questions about application development, hardest program you've ever had to implement. What's your greatest weakness etc.   Answer Question

Software Development Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds (College Station, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied online and got an email in two weeks. You should finish an online test and schedule the date before interview. The online personality assessment takes about one hour and there are too many questions.
    On that date you should go to the company and take another aptitude test. There are also too much question and do not believe you can finish them in the limited time.
    After the test the stuff will ask you some question about yourself and they will email you the decision in next week.

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds (Arlington, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

There are three steps to get the job.
    They will give you id and pasword of the assessments site.
    Ø Application
    Here you have to give your information about your work experience, education history and about your self like gender, race etc.
    Ø The Personality Assessment
    This survey consists of two untimed sections and four timed sections. This will take approximately 45 minutes to complete.
    Ø The Aptitude test
    This is a three-section logic and reasoning test. Try and set aside an hour when you can best minimize distractions. Once you login, you’ll be unable to stop at any point. You may not use a calculator. We recommend that you have scratch paper available when taking the test. You are penalized for answering incorrectly, but NOT for questions left unanswered.
    Difficulty level: easy, Medium.

Interview Questions

• Reynolds and Reynolds Sample Test Problems

All applicants at Reynolds and Reynolds must complete our pre-employment testing. The logic and aptitude test contains three timed sections. All questions are multiple choice. The test is not designed for you to finish. DO NOT GUESS!

Section 1: 15 minutes
      This part tests your ability to detect sequential patterns. The questions consist of a series of letters from the alphabet. You must select the letter to complete the series.

Example:
      C, D, F, G, J, K, O, P, __ What letter would complete this list?

Answer:
          C, D, F, G, J, K, O, P, U

Section 2: 15 minutes
      This section measures your ability to determine spatial relationships. These questions contain a series of shapes that rotate and move in patterns. You must identify the shape with the proper positioning to complete the series.

Example:

Which one of these shapes will complete the above series?

A B C D E Answer: E

Section 3: 30 minutes
      The last section tests your math aptitude with word problems (percentages, fractions, and algebra). You will not be permitted to use a calculator. As with the other sections, all questions are multiple choice. Below are some examples of typical word problems. The answers can be found at the end.

1. In a certain company, 30 percent of the men and 20 percent of the women attend night school. If 40 percent of all employees are men, what percent of all the employees attend night school?

a. 15 b. 24 c. 35 d. 44 e. none

2. The length of the shadow of a flagpole was found to be 72 feet. The shadow of a 3 foot picket fence in line with the flagpole was 4 feet. What is the height of the flagpole?

a. 54 feet b. 63 feet c. 27 feet d. 84 feet e. none

3. The sum of both digits, of either of two two-digit numbers, in whatever order the digits are written, is 9. The square of either of the digits of either number, minus the product of both digits, plus the square of the other digit is the number 21. The numbers are _______?

a. 36, 63 b. 81, 18 c. 27, 72 d. 45, 54 e. none

4. If a boat goes downstream 72 miles in 3 hours and upstream 60 miles in 6 hours, the rate of the river and the rate of the boat in still water respectively are ________?

a. 7 & 16 mph b. 7 & 17 mph c. 6 & 17 mph d. 6 & 18 mph e. none

5. Three times the square of a certain positive number exceeds six times the number by nine. Find the number:

a. 3 b. 6 c. 4 d. 9 e. none

6. The width of a rectangle is 15 feet less than its length, and the perimeter is 210 feet. Find the width:

a. 60 feet b. 35 feet c. 45 feet d. 40 feet e. none

7. If 6 men can do a piece of work in 14 days, how many men are needed to do the work in 21 days?

a. 3 b. 9 c. 5 d. 4 e. none

8. The sum of two numbers is 17 and the sum of their square is 145. Find the larger number.

a. 10 b. 11 c. 8 d. 9 e. none

9. A certain sum of money is invested at 10%. Twice that amount is invested at 8%. The total amount of interest from both investments is $91. How much is invested at 8%?

a. $350 b. $500 c. $1000 d. $700 e. none

10. A mother left 20% of her estate to one son and 25% to another son. The remaining $55,000 she left to her daughter. Find the amount of the estate:

a. $90,000 b. $100,000 c. $110,000 d. $120,000 e. none

9. D
      10. B

Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds (Houston, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

When I came into the interview, I was put into a small room and had to take a 15-20 minute test. It consisted of logic puzzles and algebra questions. Nothing to do with the position I was applying for. Afterwards, I had a Skype interview with a recruiter in a different city.

IT Operations Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds (College Station, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

I received an email saying that the company was interested in me. They required me to fill out an application, take a personality test, and then an aptitude test. The whole process took 3 hours for me. I was then scheduled for a Skype interview and I was told if they are further interested in me, there will be another interview after that. A week later, I was thanked for applying for Reynolds and Reynolds.

Account Manager Trainee Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds (Sacramento, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

The process involved an initial phone call from a recruiter. Next there is a series of test that must be taken online. Then a phone interview. The test take about 2-3 hours to take.

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds (Chicago, IL) in March 2015.

Interview

I found the company through a campus career website. Seems like an interesting opportunity. They contacted me back asking me to take a personality test which took a little over an hour. The test had a lot of different things on it which I felt were completely irrelevant to the position.

Later I got a call from one of their recruiters and had a phone interview with her. She was very nice and professional. At the end of the interview, she suggested that I look into a consultant position that they had, so I switched to that. From there I had a skype interview. Afterwards, she sent me a long form application, a background check form, and an ethics test to complete. I am still in the interviewing process but am supposed to meet with the hiring manager now.

Interview Questions

• Q: What is an experience that impacted you the most out of your college career?
      Q: What salary were you expecting to get?

1 Answer