Reynolds and Reynolds Interview Questions

Updated Aug 3, 2015

3.1

Interview

After reading all of the negative feedback about the interview process, I decided not to take the assessment tests. The company itself seems rather creepy in how they contact potential candidates. I never responded to my email to take the test and they emailed me and called me to ask me to take the test. I get a cultish, conformist vibe and not about that.

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds (Houston, TX).

Interview

Online assessment and on site test too. Nothing related to software developers skills. They do not give you any change to talk with someone about your skills, you move foward only if you pass the test.

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds.

Interview

Fairly long (30 minute+) IQ test in a large computer lab. Pass that and you interview with a senior level. Also have some sort of mouth drug test where you keep a spoon-like object underneath your tongue.

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dayton, OH

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds (Dayton, OH) in June 2015.

Interview

Very extensive interview process. Lots of testing, mostly math related problem solving questions. I first got a phone call and then was sent an email with many online tests to complete before coming in and taking a proctored 1.5 hour exam. Then had a standard interview with a recruiter and after filled out a very long typed application. Had two more one hour interviews after with hiring managers from the sales department. Was there for a total of five hours. Was told I needed to come back for one more interview and to do a mock sales call and would then receive a formal offer.

Interview Questions

• Where do you expect to be in your career in two years?   Answer Question

Interview

Applied online and got an email back saying to fill out a long exam and text. Lot of math and logic. After a week or two had a skype interview. Another week goes by and go in for an in person interview. Walked in and sat around and the person at the desk didnt have any idea at first who I was. Take the online test again then do 3 different interviews. Week after recieve phone call for another skype interview. Then hear back two weeks later I didnt get it.

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds (Houston, TX) in June 2015.

Interview

once arriving at the company location in north west Houston you are directed to the recuiting office where you check in, fill out a form on are directed to the testing area which is a medium sized room with around 30 computers with most of the stations being taken which let me know this company just allows everybody to take the sample test due to the high turn over rate which I read about. The test was not hard but I also was not offered a follow up interview.

Interview Questions

• 1.In a certain company, 30 percent of the men and 20 percent of the women attend night school. If 40 percent of all employees are men, what percent of all the employees attend night school?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds (Houston, TX) in June 2015.

Interview

This is not an interview. They email you showing interest and state that you must take about three different assessments which make no sense on why you must take them. Personality assessment, ethics assessment, and a logic and reasoning aptitude test. None which relate to software development. There is about 20 people in and out taking the same test. You finish and then they tell you that they will contact you. There is no actual contact with anyone besides the receptionist. Not a place I would recommend to apply to since you are not actually meeting anyone and getting to know you.

Maintenance Tech Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dayton, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds (Dayton, OH) in June 2015.

Interview

Process took 3 weeks and Consisted of a I.Q. Test, Personality Test, Pre-employment interview, an Interview with the department head, and Drug and back ground screen. The longest part was waiting for them to get back to you to set up the interview and then it all only took about 3 hours.

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds (Charlotte, NC) in June 2015.

Interview

Many of the previous reviews were right on. I should have been more prepared and taken an algebra course! Very long process. Several emails and very impersonal. Long tests, many are timed. Personality, logic, algebra and other mathematical. They must have so many applicants that they want to screen out as many as possible. I understand, but think they are passing up on a lot of great sales talent. Like the other reviewers, I get the impression, they seem more fixated on whether someone knows their high school algebra versus being an excellent communicator and people-person with tons of in dealership operations experience. I have always been recruited and have only once had to test out for a job, so it was a wake-up call. Moving to a new area, and trying to go down a different career path. Ugh! Guess you have to look good to the computers scanning these resumes and tests. If you ace all of their tests, but can't sell a bag of beans or communicate with a client, do you still get the job? Algebra 101 here I come! All in all, their company, their way of completing the process. The recruiters are just doing their jobs, but the process is such the opposite of what the actual position calls for. Maybe their HR employees responsible for hiring should have to be on every job they are recruit for as training! I bet the process would change a bit!

Interview Questions

• Several emails, then online testing. The math algebra questions were probably easy for most, but I have been out of school for some time and did not know what to prepare for. Have no excuse. Also had some trouble advancing the pages. I was on second to last page and when I finished, I didn't realize until after that pages were skipped over.   1 Answer

Administration Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dayton, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds (Dayton, OH).

Interview

Arrived early in the morning, took long logic test, never to know the results, then escorted to a room to sit for hours waiting for an interview. Then after interview, was told to wait and would have second interview. Was taken to a different room where hours passed before being told I would be interviewing for a different position. After interview, was asked to come back the following day for another interview, which lasted a long time only to be escorted to another room for a skype interview. After five interviews and two days there, I told them I was no longer interested in any of the jobs.

Interview Questions

• What three words that describe yourself? Also, they asked about my childhood and how I grew up, what things are most important to me, etc.   Answer Question

Was given the run around too much and the company seemed almost like a cult.