Reynolds and Reynolds Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Aug 26, 2014
353 interviews

3.1

Distribution Manager Interview

Quick interview process. Interview took 30 minutes or less. Client move out going on at the same time. The manager didn't really seem focused on the process. I was hired quickly. There were no drug tests or background checks performed.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds.

Phone Pre-Screen:
    Very quick five question screen to see if you are worth their time and if they are worth your time! Mostly pertains to if you smoke (they are a non-smoking campus) and what your desired work hours are like and things of that nature. It's very easy to get past this initial screening process but they will pass you on to one of the most difficult portions of the interview process where Reynolds and Reynolds will screen out most of their applicants.

Aptitude Test:
    When I interviewed with them, they told me this was similar to a portion of a test they give to air traffic controllers and I needed to study for it. It will go over all kinds of types of question, from algebra to definitions. You will be timed and there are a lot of sections to the test (I think it was 14 by the time I was done). Much like testing for SAT or ACTs, you must answer your questions smart or skip them. It is done on a point scale and you get points off for answering wrong, but no points removed for skipping a question. Though, if you only answer one question out of 20, it is probably taken into account as well.

Recruiter/Department Interviews:
    You finally really get to speak to a person about what you can do! Be honest about yourself and your expectations. You can expect it to be like any other traditional interview. If you impress them, they will pass you on to the department where you'll be interviewed by one or two more people that you'd be working with directly. There isn't really an opportunity to negotiate a salary, so make sure you have a base in mind if you really can't accept below a certain amount and be honest with yourself about that base.

Skills Test:
    They will test your skills so make sure you know what you're doing when it comes to graphic design. It's not difficult if you know your code and have a decent eye for design. You'll be evaluated though by a few different people, but be confident in what you're doing and also, be yourself in your work!

Once you get to this point, if they like you, they'll continue on with a background check and all those things before proceeding to an offer stage. It can take upwards of a month and a half, so be patient if you want to work for them!

Interview Questions
    • Questions on the Aptitude test!! Especially as a designer, being asked corporate business questions or algebra that hasn't been touched since early high school.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation phase. I had my base and my range, but I said for certain I could not go below my base.

They do bring in designers with a very specific range in mind and will pass on designers that are above their high-range if they deem them too expensive.

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds in August 2014.

Administrative Assistant Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds in July 2014.

The aptitude test is a joke. I have over 15 years experience, but because I don't remember algebra I wasn't hired. I wasn't even offered an interview. A complete waste of time!

Software Developer Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds.

The interview here just wastes your time. The HR email me and asked me to take a online aptitude test. This will take more than 1 hour. Then going to the company to take a second test, which is just as the first aptitude test. After the test, they told candidates go home and wait their email. One week later, they send you a reject email.

Interview Questions
    • There are too many problems in the second test. Although they are not hard, but really take time.   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

First step is assessment test. It's is a lengthy test. Require simple math and aptitude questions. After that is the interview, which I am waiting for. HR people are good and they reply about the process as you go on. Hoping to get a positive reply from them ASAP.

Recruiting Assistant Interview

Long process with lots of interviews and assessments. Had to complete two hours of assessments before interviewing with a recruiter. Then interviewed with supervisor and director. Went to background before offer. Had to complete a drug test that tested for nicotine.

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I interviewed in-person - interviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds.

I think Reynolds and Reynolds would be a great company to work for, but they make do plenty of personality and aptitude assessments and then make you wait a week before you know if you are selected to continue on in the process. You go to the campus take the test and then leave. I just think that the process is weird. I have yet to interview or hear anything from them

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I interviewed online - interviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds in July 2014.

There is quite a lot of steps in Reynolds and Reynolds hiring process including testing that seems very much like an IQ test and also a personality test. I had wished there had been more specific questions about my ability to actually do the specific job since much of the testing was irrelevant to the position I was applying for. Still, it was a better process than some companies that I have interviewed with.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult part of the process was answering questions on the test that had to do with sales, programming, or international business. These question had nothing to do with graphic design.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds in June 2014.

Applied via craigslist for a job in College Station, TX. Was contacted a day or two later by a recruiter via email on a position in Houston, TX with some forms, after those were submitted I was contacted again via email to take some tests, then I was contacted again to organize an interview. Completed the interview via Skype & phone and was given another set of forms to fill out including authorization for a background check and a personality quiz. After submission of those forms received an email 10 business days later with confirmation that I did not receive the position.

Interview Questions
    • There was some unexpected questions on the final application that wanted to know what kind of pets I had when I was young, whether or not I had a car loan, and if I had any dependents.   View Answer