Reynolds and Reynolds Interview Questions

Updated Apr 21, 2015

3.1

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds (Arlington, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

There are three steps to get the job.
    They will give you id and pasword of the assessments site.
    Ø Application
    Here you have to give your information about your work experience, education history and about your self like gender, race etc.
    Ø The Personality Assessment
    This survey consists of two untimed sections and four timed sections. This will take approximately 45 minutes to complete.
    Ø The Aptitude test
    This is a three-section logic and reasoning test. Try and set aside an hour when you can best minimize distractions. Once you login, you’ll be unable to stop at any point. You may not use a calculator. We recommend that you have scratch paper available when taking the test. You are penalized for answering incorrectly, but NOT for questions left unanswered.
    Difficulty level: easy, Medium.

Interview Questions

• Reynolds and Reynolds Sample Test Problems

All applicants at Reynolds and Reynolds must complete our pre-employment testing. The logic and aptitude test contains three timed sections. All questions are multiple choice. The test is not designed for you to finish. DO NOT GUESS!

Section 1: 15 minutes
      This part tests your ability to detect sequential patterns. The questions consist of a series of letters from the alphabet. You must select the letter to complete the series.

Example:
      C, D, F, G, J, K, O, P, __ What letter would complete this list?

Answer:
          C, D, F, G, J, K, O, P, U

Section 2: 15 minutes
      This section measures your ability to determine spatial relationships. These questions contain a series of shapes that rotate and move in patterns. You must identify the shape with the proper positioning to complete the series.

Example:

Which one of these shapes will complete the above series?

A B C D E Answer: E

Section 3: 30 minutes
      The last section tests your math aptitude with word problems (percentages, fractions, and algebra). You will not be permitted to use a calculator. As with the other sections, all questions are multiple choice. Below are some examples of typical word problems. The answers can be found at the end.

1. In a certain company, 30 percent of the men and 20 percent of the women attend night school. If 40 percent of all employees are men, what percent of all the employees attend night school?

a. 15 b. 24 c. 35 d. 44 e. none

2. The length of the shadow of a flagpole was found to be 72 feet. The shadow of a 3 foot picket fence in line with the flagpole was 4 feet. What is the height of the flagpole?

a. 54 feet b. 63 feet c. 27 feet d. 84 feet e. none

3. The sum of both digits, of either of two two-digit numbers, in whatever order the digits are written, is 9. The square of either of the digits of either number, minus the product of both digits, plus the square of the other digit is the number 21. The numbers are _______?

a. 36, 63 b. 81, 18 c. 27, 72 d. 45, 54 e. none

4. If a boat goes downstream 72 miles in 3 hours and upstream 60 miles in 6 hours, the rate of the river and the rate of the boat in still water respectively are ________?

a. 7 & 16 mph b. 7 & 17 mph c. 6 & 17 mph d. 6 & 18 mph e. none

5. Three times the square of a certain positive number exceeds six times the number by nine. Find the number:

a. 3 b. 6 c. 4 d. 9 e. none

6. The width of a rectangle is 15 feet less than its length, and the perimeter is 210 feet. Find the width:

a. 60 feet b. 35 feet c. 45 feet d. 40 feet e. none

7. If 6 men can do a piece of work in 14 days, how many men are needed to do the work in 21 days?

a. 3 b. 9 c. 5 d. 4 e. none

8. The sum of two numbers is 17 and the sum of their square is 145. Find the larger number.

a. 10 b. 11 c. 8 d. 9 e. none

9. A certain sum of money is invested at 10%. Twice that amount is invested at 8%. The total amount of interest from both investments is $91. How much is invested at 8%?

a. $350 b. $500 c. $1000 d. $700 e. none

10. A mother left 20% of her estate to one son and 25% to another son. The remaining $55,000 she left to her daughter. Find the amount of the estate:

a. $90,000 b. $100,000 c. $110,000 d. $120,000 e. none

9. D
      10. B

Software Development Interview

Anonymous Employee in College Station, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds (College Station, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied online and got an email in two weeks. You should finish an online test and schedule the date before interview. The online personality assessment takes about one hour and there are too many questions.
    On that date you should go to the company and take another aptitude test. There are also too much question and do not believe you can finish them in the limited time.
    After the test the stuff will ask you some question about yourself and they will email you the decision in next week.

Marketing Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dayton, OH

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds (Dayton, OH).

Interview

A 30 minute online assessment, an IQ test in person, and five interviews later...I was declined a position at the company. The woman I interviewed with seemed to think highly of my qualifications. The men I interviewed with were arrogant, questioned my knowledge about cars, and even asked about my family and whether I had any children.

Interview Questions

• Have you purchased a car and what was the process like for you?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds.

Interview

Was invited to campus for a series of tests. Upon completion of these tests I had a short interview with a recruiter. After this interview I had another interview with a hiring manager. I was contacted a week later via e-mail that they were no longer interested in pursuing me as a candidate.

Interview Questions

• Standard interview questions.   1 Answer

Marketing Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds (Houston, TX).

Interview

Applied online and then received an email asking more question. After answering I was asked to take a few preliminary tests and then after that I was to come in to take a few more tests and have an in-person interview. After the in-person interview I took a couple more online tests and then waited a couple days to hear back.

Interview Questions

• What are your career, financial, and personal goals?
      What is your best characteristic and your worst?

Business Applications Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds (Houston, TX).

Interview

They wasted 2 hours of my time by asking me to take an unnecessary test that had nothing to do with my position... only for them to tell me that the position that I am interviewing for has been filled up. They invited me to interview for another position that I didn't know much about. The first interview was resume/ simple behavioral questions. The second interviewer lectured me for 15 minutes about the position that I am supposedly being considered for now. Then after her lecture, she asked me to summarize what she just said. That was it. That was the end of my second interview. Then they had the nerve to call me back twice for my third interview with a director. I know these directors are busy, but get this: the recruiters called me at 5 pm the day before the third interview and wanted me to come in at 10 am the next day. I'm sorry but I have classes and other commitments that I can't skip, not when you call me at the end of the day when I am supposed to show up at 10 the next day for a TENTATIVE interview time.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Reynolds and Reynolds?   1 Answer

Account Manager Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

Interview Questions

• What is your previous job experience?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds.

Interview

Applied through my college's career website. A couple days later they said I was moving to the next stage of application and sent me some evaluations to take. The evaluations were pretty tough, especially the math section (no calculator allowed) and took around two hours to complete. A few days later I received a phone call setting up a Skype interview. That interview seemed to go well, just basic interview questions about previous jobs and strengths and weaknesses.

Interview Questions

• Previous job experience.
      What's your greatest strength?
      What's your greatest weakness?

Answer Question

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds.

Interview

I submitted my resume online and a few days later received an email to schedule an onsite assessment. I went to take the assessment and about a week later received an email stating that the company will not be proceeding with my application.

Interview Questions

• Assessment included sequence, word problems and analysis.   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds (Houston, TX).

Interview

Process is excruciatingly long and complex. Series of aptitude, personality, ethics tests, and interview after interview is exhausting. Not much information is given and questions are very basic "why should we hire you over the others?" type of questions. Interviews are given by phone, skype, in-person, and by four different people, recruiter, human resources, vp and department head.

Interview Questions

• describe your past jobs, experiences, and why should we hire you?   Answer Question