Reynolds and Reynolds Interview Questions

Updated Mar 24, 2015

3.1

Customer Training Professional Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds.

Applied through my college's career website. A couple days later they said I was moving to the next stage of application and sent me some evaluations to take. The evaluations were pretty tough, especially the math section (no calculator allowed) and took around two hours to complete. A few days later I received a phone call setting up a Skype interview. That interview seemed to go well, just basic interview questions about previous jobs and strengths and weaknesses.

Interview Questions
    • Previous job experience.
      What's your greatest strength?
      What's your greatest weakness?

Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds.

Process is excruciatingly long and complex. Series of aptitude, personality, ethics tests, and interview after interview is exhausting. Not much information is given and questions are very basic "why should we hire you over the others?" type of questions. Interviews are given by phone, skype, in-person, and by four different people, recruiter, human resources, vp and department head.

Interview Questions
    • describe your past jobs, experiences, and why should we hire you?   Answer Question

Recruiter Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds.

Gave them a resume at a career fair and was contacted about a week later saying that I qualified. Was sent several personality tests to take online which asked really random questions. Was then instructed to come in and take another test. Went to the office and was directed to the testing room where about 10 others were testing on a computer. Took the test which had a section for patterns, numbers, and math questions. Once I finished they said they would call me after reviewing my test to see where I best fit into the company. Since I read reviews on this site before hand I knew that was not a good sign. I was emailed about a week later saying that I was not going to be offered the internship.

Software Developer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds.

After submit my application, I received an email that told me to take an online assessment. The assessment comprised of three parts: Application, The Personality Assessment, and The Aptitude Test. Several days later, I got a rejection letter.

By the way, I don't understand how such kind of questions can estimate a candidate's quality, like in which country Diana died, and some graph inference problems.

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds.

I submitted my resume online and a few days later received an email to schedule an onsite assessment. I went to take the assessment and about a week later received an email stating that the company will not be proceeding with my application.

Interview Questions
    • Assessment included sequence, word problems and analysis.   Answer Question

Information File Data Administrator Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds in February 2015.

I received an email requesting I complete an application and take online / timed tests at home as well as an ethic assessment. I then went to their office to complete an aptitude tests, which included algebraic calculations and sequences. I was advised I would be contacted within 3 to 5 days for an interview.

Interview Questions
    • Please select the letter to complete the list. C,D,F,G,J,K,O,P   View Answer

Technical Writing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds in February 2015.

Very automated feeling robo emails with preliminary tests to take (see descriptions in other reviews). Then set up an appointment to take another mathematics type screening (see ASVAB and SAT math prep sections for a review). Frankly, my dear, I do not care to memorize the formula for the finding the hypotenuse of right triangle anymore. No calculator. No "crib sheet". If you've been working as a professional technical writer for all kinds of engineering and technical documentation, why is this an appropriate next step towards an interview? It is the job of the SME to provide clear technical data and for the technical writer to convey it appropriately to various audiences. Geez. Research into the RR interview process reveals that it is a comprehensive screening battery designed by IBM to ferret out techies who might be applying for the wrong positions and steer them elsewhere.

The management approach is described as something out of the old "Metropolis" classic film - hierarchical and inflexible. Excerpts from the Employee Manual posted online sound as though management thoroughly distrusts and even hates their employees. Degrading!

I asked the recruiter for a basic salary range for the writing position but received the standard runaround, albeit politely. Further online research seems to state about $38,000 or $18/hr. I don't mind starting a bit down from recent pay grades to learn a completely different documentation model, but not down to this level. Other online posts seem to confirm that there is very little employee development and prospect of an upward path. Once your peg has been place in their round or square hole, you are pretty much stuck there.

This all seems a shame because the company started out with a bright future and real incentives for employees.

If you search for Reynolds & Reynolds assessment, sample questions, interview process, or salaries online, you will find the kinds of information I describe above. After evaluating all the factors against this process and company, I cancelled my appointment with them. Who needs this kind ridiculous rigidity and penalizing approach to micromanaging everyone and everything?

Interview Questions
    • The length of the shadow of a flagpole was found to be 72 feet. The shadow of a 3 foot picket fence in line with the flagpole was 4 feet. What is the height of the flagpole?   View Answer
    • Personality question: I used to have a lot of trouble being late for work, but that is all behind me now. [Choice ranges from Agree Not At All to Totally Agree].   View Answer

As I researched more about the company, its application process, and management style, I decided that i am not a good fit for the kind of person who might be happy taking a job there.

Software Education Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds in February 2015.

The initial hiring process is interesting to say the least. You have to fill out a few assessments online that ask negatively worded questions. You then have to go into the office to take an assessment on a computer, with about 30 other people cycling in every 30 minutes. I was held for an interview and stayed for hours climbing the ladder in interviews. The questions were pretty generic and if you're trainable, they'll hire you. They try to sell you on how great the annual company picnic is and how they have a cafeteria... Don't be sold. They hire entry-level graduates so they can pay them 30% less than industry standard. Take the job if you're desperate, but don't stay if you can help it.

Interview Questions

I decided that this company wasn't good for my career. It would've just been a paycheck and I wanted something I could build a life on.

Part Time Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

You have to take a couple of assessment tests at home prior to making an appointment to take a final assessment test in their office. It was not a pleasant process going into their office because it's like herding cattle (too many people tested at once). No interview given at all at this appointment.

Interview Questions
    • No interview given because supposedly they have to review the final assessment and "we'll call you if we're interested."   View Answer

Account Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds.

I initially applied through my university career center. I was then contacted about a week later from an HR representative. From their the process consisted of seemingly endless interviews and tests. The tests in particular became increasingly aggravating given how I was asked to repeat the exact same test several times. This went on for several months until they ultimately reached a decision. While I understand that hiring the right people takes some time, taking several months seemed like a waste of both mine and the employers time.