Reynolds and Reynolds

337 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Administrative Assistant Interview

Administrative Assistant

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds in May 2014.

Interview Details – As you'll read time and time again, their interview process is intense. I applied for about 6 positions within the company, they contacted me within a week via email. After scheduling my proctored exam on campus, I was asked to take a series of assessments. They differ based on the position they are looking at you for. Mine included a morals questionnaire, asked a lot about stealing and smoking pot, so, if you are a klepto or pot-head, need not apply. I also has a number identification test, a lot of word problems. Most of them are timed. I had to take the morals exam over again because I had too many middle ground answers, but it didn't affect me moving forward.
The assessment on campus is NOT WRITTEN TO BE COMPLETED. Do yourself a favor and STUDY. I spend about an hour the night before working through algebra problems. It wasn't so much so I would get answers correct, it was to help me feel more prepared walking in so I could think clearly.
After I completed the hour long assessment, I was asked to wait for about 20 minutes to talk with a recruiter. It really does depend on their availability as to whether they talk with you that day or not.
Recruiter was nice, about mid-20's. I would recommend bringing a resume, I had submitted mine online but she didn't seem to have it with her. She really cared mostly about how I work best and what sort of environment I thrive is.
In the end, they said I would be a better fit for a position they don't have at the moment and they would keep my resume on file. When they say it, they mean it. A friend of mine applied for one position, took the assessment, they said he would be better for something else and they called and interviewed him a few months later.

Interview Question – Nothing out of the order in the meeting with recruiter, the moral's exam felt like it asked about a lot of gray areas but wanted someone very black and white.   Answer Question

Graphic Designer Interview

Graphic Designer
Houston, TX

I applied online - interviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds in February 2010.

Interview Details – Hiring process starts with a call then a long assessment test that had nothing to do with your job. Everyone takes this test, it was like a small scale SAT type question test that is timed. It was not hard but annoying and long. you take this test before you even get to sit and talk to a person.

Interview Question – Insert stupid problem solving question here.   View Answer

RSS Interview

RSS
Houston, TX

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds in April 2010.

Interview Details – The process is extensive, but there's a reason. They tend to hire younger people and train them rather than more experienced people. As a result, they provide a paid 6 month training program before you ever hit the field to visit customers, plus they give you a company car, laptop, iPad, and iPhone, all paid for. That's obviously a huge investment, so they need to make sure each candidate is a perfect fit before making a offer.

Interview Question – None. The hardest part is the aptitude test. It measures your ability to learn quickly. They sell hundreds of software packages, and we need to know them all. So the training can be overwhelming to someone not prepared. So this test tries to measure who will be able to keep up before you ever start.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – You can negotiate, but usually only one counter offer will go back and forth. They won't haggle with you over and over. After the second offer if you don't accept, they might pass.

Intern Interview

Intern
Houston, TX

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds in May 2014.

Interview Details – They make you take an exam prior to walking in, which was a waste of time. Then arriving there you have to take another 45 minute exam that consists of all the stuff you learned in high school. I didn't think it was necessary since the internship position had nothing to do with the exams. You then get interviewed with a recruiter and if they like you they give you a position upfront and if they don't they will contact you in a few days for rejection

Interview Question – They make you take an exam prior to walking in, which was a waste of time.   Answer Question

Market Researcher Interview

Market Researcher
Kettering, OH

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds in March 2014.

Interview Details – According to the two hiring managers that I spoke to, R&R relies almost entirely on an entrance test. I was told that R&R had recently (within the last year or two... it's 2014 right now) been acquired by another company from Texas, and this was their practice. According to my two separate interviewers, only 7% of those that take this test receive a passing grade. The test is PC-based, timed, and is comprised of three sections: 1) image pattern recognition, 2) numerical pattern recognition, and 3) mathematical (algebra) and word problems.

I completed the first section with one minute to spare. The second section timed out while I had still left about 5% of that section unanswered. The third section (algebra and word problems), I was only able to complete about half of the questions and I left the other half of the section unanswered.

Somehow, I still ended up in that 7% (according to R&R's HR interviewer and the two hiring managers that I spoke with). The actual interviews with the hiring managers were laid back and engaging, but they required someone with a thorough understanding of the technical and legal side of the basis of a particular new project.

They are also very VERY against tobacco-users and I am guessing that they would have administered a drug test, but they didn't offer the position to me.

Interview Question – There are no difficult questions after the entrance test.   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Traveling Trainer Interview

Traveling Trainer

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds.

Interview Details – I applied using my school website and they sent me an email letting me know that I need to complete several online aptitude tests and reports. The email said that it might take 2 hours to complete the whole thing. I tried singing up for the tests but it just seems so mundane and not worth my time expecially considering the position I was applying for.

I think that they need to upgrade the way their recruitment works because it is not conducive to getting good employees.

Interview Question – None. I did not do the online tests they wanted everyone to fill out.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Because the interview process is riduculous

Account Manager Interview

Account Manager
Dayton, OH

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds.

Interview Details – Met R&R at a college job fair. They were not that aggressive and i felt i drove most of the process. I had nearly 7-8 interviews over about 2 months and looking back should have seen this is how the company as a whole likes to operate. They have a proprietary psych eval and intelligence test that weeds out about 90% of applicants. Most people with prior sales experience aren't willing to go through the song and dance so a lot of recent grads are hired. R&R loves this because they can pay less and treat them worse.

Interview Question – Intelligence test is designed to not be finished and penalize incorrect answers. It is also rumored that your initial score indicated future promotions, but never confirmed.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Very little negotiation, they like to hold all the power. They initially offered me a position I did not apply for (lower lever) and I declined. They called back about a week later and offered the correct and I accepted.

Recruiting Assistant Interview

Recruiting Assistant
Houston, TX

Interview Details – Withdrew from the process based on company office location and the "dirty tricks" described on Glassdoor.com concerning salary negotiations and assessments. Why contact me if you have no intentions on trying to satisfy my request?

Interview Question – Why is there a "one size" screening assessment that has nothing to do with the job you applied for?   View Answer

Reynolds and Reynolds Response

Jun 11, 2014Corporate Communications

Over the years, our assessment process has helped us identify talent and take a more objective approach to professional and career development.

The assessment is an objective measure that helps us
... More

Marketing Analyst Interview

Marketing Analyst
Houston, TX

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds in April 2014.

Interview Details – Started off applying through LinkedIn. Prior to any interviews you had to complete a very lengthy test with basic math and a lot of "which shape comes next" - a little ridiculous in my opinion. Had an initial phone interview which lasted about 30 minutes, and after that I had to complete a "long form application" with more weird questions. I then had a Skype interview which lasted about 10 minutes and they asked the same questions as the first interviewer, and after that I had another phone interview which lasted about 10 minutes, again asking the same questions.

I asked each interviewer what the job details were since I didn't really get a good response at any point, and each one told me different things. What I thought was supposed to be a marketing position ended up being a newsletter writing position. Extremely confusing.

Interview Question – Pretty basic questions, like why you want the job, what will you bring to the company   Answer Question

Entry Level Interview

Entry Level
Dayton, OH

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds in May 2014.

Interview Details – Went into the office for assessments and received an interview from HR and then managers. It was definitely a long day but I appreciated that they wanted to get it done all at once.

Interview Question – What would your friends say about you?   Answer Question

Reynolds and Reynolds Response

Jun 11, 2014Corporate Communications

Welcome to Reynolds! We're glad to have you as part of our team!