Reynolds and Reynolds Interview Questions

Updated Apr 21, 2015

3.1

Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds.

Interview

Gave them a resume at a career fair and was contacted about a week later saying that I qualified. Was sent several personality tests to take online which asked really random questions. Was then instructed to come in and take another test. Went to the office and was directed to the testing room where about 10 others were testing on a computer. Took the test which had a section for patterns, numbers, and math questions. Once I finished they said they would call me after reviewing my test to see where I best fit into the company. Since I read reviews on this site before hand I knew that was not a good sign. I was emailed about a week later saying that I was not going to be offered the internship.

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds.

Interview

After submit my application, I received an email that told me to take an online assessment. The assessment comprised of three parts: Application, The Personality Assessment, and The Aptitude Test. Several days later, I got a rejection letter.

By the way, I don't understand how such kind of questions can estimate a candidate's quality, like in which country Diana died, and some graph inference problems.

Part Time Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds (Houston, TX) in February 2015.

Interview

You have to take a couple of assessment tests at home prior to making an appointment to take a final assessment test in their office. It was not a pleasant process going into their office because it's like herding cattle (too many people tested at once). No interview given at all at this appointment.

Interview Questions

• No interview given because supposedly they have to review the final assessment and "we'll call you if we're interested."   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds (Houston, TX) in February 2015.

Interview

Spoke with recruiter at College Job Fair. Process began with multiple online tests like personality and patterns etc. Had 2 Skype interviews with Recruiter and Senior Developer, both were very polite and helpful. Third and final interview was at their facility in Houston with another Senior Developer. Overall process was a little long (2 months), but relatively painless.

Interview Questions

• Basic questions about application development, hardest program you've ever had to implement. What's your greatest weakness etc.   Answer Question

Software Education Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds (Houston, TX) in February 2015.

Interview

The initial hiring process is interesting to say the least. You have to fill out a few assessments online that ask negatively worded questions. You then have to go into the office to take an assessment on a computer, with about 30 other people cycling in every 30 minutes. I was held for an interview and stayed for hours climbing the ladder in interviews. The questions were pretty generic and if you're trainable, they'll hire you. They try to sell you on how great the annual company picnic is and how they have a cafeteria... Don't be sold. They hire entry-level graduates so they can pay them 30% less than industry standard. Take the job if you're desperate, but don't stay if you can help it.

Interview Questions

I decided that this company wasn't good for my career. It would've just been a paycheck and I wanted something I could build a life on.

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds in February 2015.

Interview

I received an email requesting I complete an application and take online / timed tests at home as well as an ethic assessment. I then went to their office to complete an aptitude tests, which included algebraic calculations and sequences. I was advised I would be contacted within 3 to 5 days for an interview.

Interview Questions

• Please select the letter to complete the list. C,D,F,G,J,K,O,P   1 Answer

Technical Writing Specialist Interview

Application

Interview

Very automated feeling robo emails with preliminary tests to take (see descriptions in other reviews). Then set up an appointment to take another mathematics type screening (see ASVAB and SAT math prep sections for a review). Frankly, my dear, I do not care to memorize the formula for the finding the hypotenuse of right triangle anymore. No calculator. No "crib sheet". If you've been working as a professional technical writer for all kinds of engineering and technical documentation, why is this an appropriate next step towards an interview? It is the job of the SME to provide clear technical data and for the technical writer to convey it appropriately to various audiences. Geez. Research into the RR interview process reveals that it is a comprehensive screening battery designed by IBM to ferret out techies who might be applying for the wrong positions and steer them elsewhere.

The management approach is described as something out of the old "Metropolis" classic film - hierarchical and inflexible. Excerpts from the Employee Manual posted online sound as though management thoroughly distrusts and even hates their employees. Degrading!

I asked the recruiter for a basic salary range for the writing position but received the standard runaround, albeit politely. Further online research seems to state about $38,000 or $18/hr. I don't mind starting a bit down from recent pay grades to learn a completely different documentation model, but not down to this level. Other online posts seem to confirm that there is very little employee development and prospect of an upward path. Once your peg has been place in their round or square hole, you are pretty much stuck there.

This all seems a shame because the company started out with a bright future and real incentives for employees.

If you search for Reynolds & Reynolds assessment, sample questions, interview process, or salaries online, you will find the kinds of information I describe above. After evaluating all the factors against this process and company, I cancelled my appointment with them. Who needs this kind ridiculous rigidity and penalizing approach to micromanaging everyone and everything?

Interview Questions

• The length of the shadow of a flagpole was found to be 72 feet. The shadow of a 3 foot picket fence in line with the flagpole was 4 feet. What is the height of the flagpole?   1 Answer
    • Personality question: I used to have a lot of trouble being late for work, but that is all behind me now. [Choice ranges from Agree Not At All to Totally Agree].   1 Answer

As I researched more about the company, its application process, and management style, I decided that i am not a good fit for the kind of person who might be happy taking a job there.

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds.

Interview

I initially applied through my university career center. I was then contacted about a week later from an HR representative. From their the process consisted of seemingly endless interviews and tests. The tests in particular became increasingly aggravating given how I was asked to repeat the exact same test several times. This went on for several months until they ultimately reached a decision. While I understand that hiring the right people takes some time, taking several months seemed like a waste of both mine and the employers time.

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds.

Interview

1. get a phone call asking about your basic info
    2. Send you an email to schedule a onsite test time
    3. Send you confirmation email with an online test (If your English is well, you will pass it)
    4. onsite test (If your Math is well, you will pass)
    5. Send you back waiting for phone call.

Interview Questions

• A few questions (2 to 4) have no right option. Be careful with that.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds.

Interview

I was contacted by HR for a Skype interview. I set aside the time and made sure I was ready. Questions were very basic. "Best moments, worst moments" and questions about school and my previous work experience.

They brought up salary and asked if I was firm on my preferred amount. I tried to work with them but they still offered much lower than I expected. I made the same as an intern as they offered for a full time position.

They also ask you to complete a 3 hour assessment that in reality took me about 6 hours to fill out. For being a designer I'm not sure what some of it had to do with the job.

I do feel the salary and assessment became the issue in why I wasn't offered the job, which is sad because it seems like a great opportunity.

Interview Questions

• The assessment tests was the most difficult part of the entire process.   Answer Question