Reynolds and Reynolds

Relevance Date Difficulty

Marketing Analyst Interview

Marketing Analyst
Houston, TX

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds in January 2014.

Interview Details – Was called in for pre-employment screening exams. When I arrived there were several other people taking screening exams in the exam room. After the exam was over, I was asked to stay to meet with a recruiter. The recruiter promptly informed me that the position I had originally applied for (Software Education Course Designer) had already been filled but I was recommended to the Marketing Analyst position on the spot. I didn't expect this but it was definitely something I was interested in. From there I was asked to complete a personality assessment to see if "my opinions were in line with that of the company", and a long form employment. After that was done I was asked to stay and speak with a supervisor. The supervisor was very friendly and informative. After the interview I was given a short tour of the facilities and was given an opportunity to sit in with a current employee for about ten minutes. All in all the interview process took about three and a half hours.

I had read previous posts about the organization and went in expecting to take the exam and hear back from them at a later date but was surprised to have gone through such a process almost immediately. I needed to schedule a phone interview as "a lot of the position requires phone calls" so they'd like to verify how you do which I thought was a bit strange. The salary isn't great, but there are opportunities for commission and advancement.

Interview Question – How would I implement SEO features into an email campaign?   Answer Question

Horrible Process Interview

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds in December 2013.

Interview Details – You are asked to apply online and take several assessment tests. I was contacted by a third-party recruiter who had me apply online, after I submitted my resume via LinkedIn. I was not prepared for an onslaught of tests. There were at least seven, and many of them took more than 20 minutes to get through. You are given 48 hours to complete these tests: I was contacted by the recruiter after that time-frame passed because I had not finished. I explained that I was preparing for final exams and was working on quarter-closings at my job and I would finish the modules when I had the chance.

However, after I completed what seemed like the umpteenth test a day after my response to the recruiter, I emailed her to let her know that I was withdrawing from the process because I did not have time for such an arduous interviewing process.

Frankly, I think it is ridiculous to have a candidate complete so many assessments.

Interview Question – The Assessment tests.   Answer Question

Software Developer Intern Interview

Dayton, OH

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds.

Interview Details – The process was long and I did not make it pass the aptitude tests. The tests are great for people who are quick on their feet, not for the slow but accurate. Try your best and study some basic algebra ahead of time.

Interview Question – Some of the ethics questions were difficult to answer on the test. One question that stood out was I used to show up late to work, but now I am reformed (true or false). It is difficult to answer this one if you've never been late and therefore have no need to reform. If you answer false, it just looks like you show up late.   View Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds.

Interview Details – Very long interview process. You will take a personality and comprehension test twice, so be sure you're good at math and patterns. It took about 3 months to get an offer and many who apply do not make it past the first Skype interview I'm told. You will be dealing with a recruiting manager the entire time as well.

Interview Question – What will you do in the first 180 days if employed.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Take it or leave it.

Software Developer Interview

Software Developer
Kettering, OH

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds in November 2009.

Interview Details – First, I applied online. Then, I was invited in to take a test. They told me that if I did well enough on the test, they may call someone down to talk to me. I sat in a room for an hour taking a math and logic test, which I apparently passed. They called someone down to talk to me, who effectively offered me the job on the spot.

Interview Question – How many lines was the longest code I've written.   Answer Question

Data Center Operator Interview

Houston, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds in October 2013.

Interview Details – I went to my Universities career fair and talked to a recruiter who submitted my resume.

I was contacted through email by a recruiter that informed me I would need to take an online assessment and then I would be contacted further. The online assessment was mostly personality and behavioral questions. They also provide these algebraic example questions for applicants to study/review.

I was contacted within a few days to come in for the in person assessment. The assessment is almost purely mathematical with 3 sections. The questions involve pattern recognition, sequencing, and these obnoxious word problems that I haven't seen in years since early college algebra. I did not do so well on the word problems and I think that is what really hurt my chances for the job.

After the assessment I was asked to stay and talk to a recruiter like many others and it is quite funny because this whole process reminded me of herding cattle. There were an enormous amount of people coming in and out of this recruitment *battle-station* if you will and not many were asked to continue on for an interview. I thought this was great for me and when I sat down with the recruiter she asked basic HR questions, nothing technical or job specific, I was told she would pass on my interview to the hiring manager and I would be notified if I met their qualifications.

I ended up getting an email about a week later letting me know I would not be contacted further for an in-person interview.

Interview Question – Nothing special.   Answer Question

Part Time Interview

Part Time
College Station, TX

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds in March 2013.

Interview Details – Very long and annoying, had to take a test, if you passed get interviewed immidaettly

Interview Question – What do your parents make   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Could not deal with their shadiness

Technical Writing Specialist Interview

College Station, TX

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds in November 2013.

Interview Details – I heard from the company within a week of applying online. First, they sent me some personal questions to answer. After that, I received another email asking me to choose three dates and times for the on-site test. I was also told to complete the personality questionnaire and aptitude test online before my testing date. I didn't find the tests particularly difficult, but I did have to review for the algebra word problems.

I retook the math portion of the test at the testing center. It had three sections, and I finished it in an hour or so. I found the questions to be more difficult this time, but they weren't impossible by any means. I didn't guess on any questions; if I didn't know them, I skipped them because there's no penalty for it. If you answer a question incorrectly, you're deducted .25 of a point. That was just my strategy though.

After I finished the test, a man asked if I had time to talk to a recruiter. The questions were generic, but I felt off about the interview. For some reason they chose to have me test and interview in College Station even though the position is in Houston; so, the recruiter said I'd have to interview in Houston next. However, I didn't expect to hear from the Houston office. All in all, I was at the testing center for two hours.

Anyway, needless to say, I received the "no thanks" email three days later.

Interview Question – What are the cons of this position?   Answer Question

Product Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds.

Interview Details – I applied through my University and they got back to me the next day or so and asked me to pick 3 dates and times that I would be able to come in for an aptitude test and possibly an interview. Prior to coming in, they had me take some personality test. I come in on one of the days I chose and sit down in a room with about 15 other applicants and take the aptitude test. Afterwards I get asked to stay and meet with a recruiter. It seemed like if you do well on the aptitude test, then they will ask you to stay. If not, you go home and that's the end of your app process. It is helpful to review the algebra word problems if you haven't done them in awhile. One or two sample questions showed up on the actual aptitude test for me. The recruiter spoke with me for about 15 min asking basic questions and then said they would contact me in 3-5 business days. After 4 days, I get an email saying they were not moving on with my application. Not sure what exactly it is that they are looking for. I definitely felt that I would've been a great fit for the position, but my interview skills were lacking, so that is probably why they passed on me. Just be prepared to answer the questions.

Interview Questions

Very Difficult Interview

Business Analyst Interview

Business Analyst
Houston, TX

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds.

Interview Details – The worst possible process ever seen in my life. Test, tests, tests,tests and more tests.

Interview Question – Stupid algebra questions and word problems.   View Answer