Reynolds and Reynolds

Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Difficult Interview

Hardware Field Engineer Interview

Hardware Field Engineer

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds.

Interview Details – Saw the opening online and applied for it on a Wednesday. Received an email requesting I complete an online assessment and an EEO form the next day. I completed the forms that evening (Thursday).

The following day, as I was about to enter the dentist's office, I received a voice message and an email from a recruiter. She wanted to 'discuss my application' and 'possibly schedule a Skype interview.' Since I was about to go under anesthesia, I quickly replied to her email, explaining the situation and asking if I could call her on Monday.

No reply received from the recruiter. I tried to call on Monday - the recruiter was out of the office. Left a voice message.

The position was re-posted online Monday as well

Tuesday came and went. I decided that pursuing this job any further was a waste of time and moved on with my job search.

Besides, I don't use Skype or even have a webcam currently - I wonder what the recruiter does in such cases?

POSTSCRIPT:

Have received two voice messages from the recruiter, again wanting to set up a 'Skype interview' (I guess the part about discussing my application is out the window!) because the hiring manager apparently expects to have a face to face interview with the finalists for the position early next week. This time, I didn't bother to reply.

Reynolds and Reynolds Corporate Communications responded to this review

May 29, 2014

We apologize for the delay in someone contacting you. If you would like to send your contact information directly to me, I would be happy to look into your application.

As far as the type of
... More

Marketing Consultant Interview

Marketing Consultant

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds.

Interview Details – If pre selected you have to choose a date for an interview. It took them a couple of days to tell me that the days selected weren't good and to choose other dates. After receiving a date you take a couple of personality tests from home and then take other assessments at their offices.

Interview Question – Brush up on your algebra for the assessments you will take at their offices.   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Software Developer

Interviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds

Interview Details – Got an email about a possible interview and assessment. The assessment is pretty much impossible to complete in the given time. The questions themselves aren't very difficult for people with good math skills, but the sheer volume of things to be calculated by hand (no calculators involved) makes it difficult to get through all of it. Also, you get points off for wrong answers(so it was like a bad SAT flashback). The process after completion is fairly vague. I definitely didn't like how this was conducted.

Interview Question – Why did you apply for this position?   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Traveling Representative Interview

Traveling Representative

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds.

Interview Details – This interview process was a COMPLETE waist of my time. I first received an email letting me know they were interested in me. However, I was first to complete 3 different assessments consisting of an application, personality test, and aptitude assessment. I was hesitant to spend my time on all of these 3 tests but, as a recent college graduate, I am eager to begin a new career as soon as possible. I ended up taking the tests and it took me close to 4 hours!! The application and the personality test are pretty straight forward, however, the aptitude consisted of pattern sequencing, and algebraic word problems. You are not allowed to use a calculated and you are given really short time period to complete everything. I received a call the next day from the recruiter wanting to set up a Skype interview. I assumed that by some miracle I scored well enough on their ridiculous test to move on. After my first Skype interview I was sent what was called a "long form applications and an ethics assessment." The ethics assessment was pretty straight forward but the long form application asked a ridiculous amount of personal questions, like "what aspirations does my spouse have for me," as well as "what are my spouses parents occupations." Forgive me, but I don't see how my mother in laws job would be relevant to this at all??? In any case, I completed everything and consequently, was scheduled for a second Skype interview with a general manger. I was then moved to my third Skype interview. I really thought I would be getting a job offer during my third interview but that never happened. Instead, I was asked the same questions over and over again from my previous interviews. Finally, I mastered the courage to ask what was happening next. He told me I would have to RETAKE the aptitude test I took at the very beginning, but this time proctored by Skype!! Not only is this belittling, but a complete waist of time. Why wouldn't they have me take a proctored test the very first time, instead of having me go through 3 Skype interviews AND countless of assessments after. I can imagine the aptitude test is designed to weed out those who don't take the time to commit and take it. But this test becomes irrelevant when i've had 3 Skype interviews with them obviously telling them that I am no idiot. AND if by some miracle I passed again, I would be flown to Houston only to have MORE INTERVIEWS!! They target recent college grads who are desperate for a job and take them through hell and back only to then say there not interested in you anymore. The whole process took a month. What a waist!!! i wish I would have listened to the reviews on here and stayed away.

Interview Question – Aptitude word problems. Interview questions were pretty straight forward. By the way, they ask you if you are a frequent smoker. They absolutely will NOT hire you if you smoke.   Answer Question

Not Disclosing Interview

Not Disclosing
Kettering, OH

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds in March 2014.

Interview Details – Initial contact was via e-mail and I was asked to come in for an assessment and possibly an interview (if the recruiters had time). I confirmed a testing time for the following week and went in on time. You are placed in a computer room with about 8-10 other individuals testing. After the test was completed, we waited around until the recruiter asked about 6 of the 10 applicants to go home and to keep an eye on their e-mail. The other four of us were interviewed by a recruiter individually. During the recruiter interview, she suggested that I consider other positions than I had initially applied for. Honestly, she presented me with a better-suited position and I agreed to interview for that.
After the recruiter interview, we were each asked to complete another application which just asks stuff like general interests and habits. Once that was finished, I met with someone from the department that the recruiter suggested. Finally, the VP of that department came in for another interview.
Following the interview with the VP, I was administered a drug test and background check and was told, "there was no reason not to celebrate." The following week, I was offered the position.

Interview Question – You are given an assessment similar to the practice exam e-mailed to you after confirming your testing date. Brush up on your algebra, and be able to pull out information quickly from word problems.They are not terribly difficult but were lengthy. I was able to finish the first two (alpha-sequence and pattern recognition) just within the time frame, but only completed about 70% of the mathematics portion since they were lengthy word problems. Brush up on your algebra, as this is all it is.
The recruiter's questions were typical interview questions: strengths, weaknesses, where do you see yourself in 3, 5 or 10 years, etc. You will not be caught off-guard by any of these if you've prepared.
The department interviews were geared toward the position itself, so these questions will vary from position to position.

Just a note: These guys interview probably dozens of people each week. They can smell BS a mile away. Your best bet is to be honest, smile, and relax. Don't tell them what you think they want to hear, and don't give them generic answers to the interview questions.
  Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Administrative Assistant
Kettering, OH

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds in March 2014.

Interview Details – I applied in March and was contacted within a few days to set up an interview. I performed approximately 3 hours worth of pre-interview tests at home (vocab, math, history, personality, ethics) before ever going in. Upon my arrival I was ushered into a room to perform an IQ test, more math assessments, and one last personality exam. Afterwards I went through a series of four interviews lasting about half an hour each over several hours (lots of waiting), which culminated in my being given the long form application (including the type of questions below) and eventually administered an on-site oral drug test and assenting to a background check. I was told the drug screening was "a good sign." The whole thing from testing to interviews lasts about 8 hours and has nearly a dozen and a half ways in which to dismiss your candidacy so I would have to regard it as an overall arduous process given the entry level position being sought. On the other hand, Reynolds and Reynolds has pretty much responded naturally to the economic times they live in so one can hardly be surprised to see them asking for every piece of information they can from of their prospective employees even if the position is entry level and lower than average pay.

I don't blindly submit applications. I knew about Reynolds and Reynolds reputation and attrition rate before submitting my resume but I feel I can circumvent this problem by just being a better employee and worse comes to worst I can move on. I pretty much only see people in their early twenties working there so I assume what has been said elsewhere on this site about Reynolds is likely true in the way of employees leaving but who knows? Nevertheless, I want the opportunity so I am taking it.

Advice: If you have a college degree it is likely the math/logic/history sections will pose no significant threat to your candidacy but definitely do take the practice tests they send you as they will help. Also, I know a little bit about personality assessments and I can tell you Reynolds' exam is a step above the standard test. I highly suggest studying how to take these tests effectively in order to boost your chances of acceptance. I suspect A LOT of candidates unknowingly wash out due to this portion of the hiring process. Also, be prepared for an endurance trial when it comes to the actual interviews. Every interview is a chance to be accepted/dismissed and each subsequent meeting is more important than the last so don't relax your efforts as you move up the gauntlet. If you do well they will ask you to take an onsite drug screening and to allow them access to your credit/criminal background. Lastly, I waited a few weeks before receiving an offer so you may have to be patient.

Interview Question – What ambitions does your spouse have for you? What were your father and mother's education/employment?   View Answer

Customer Training Professional Interview

Customer Training Professional
Houston, TX

I applied online and the process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds in February 2014.

Interview Details – Applied online, then about a month later I received an email from them asking me to take 3 tests. There were closer to 7 or 8 tests, some asking about your preferences, and some were logic/numbers based. Altogether, it took a little over 2 hours for me to complete. The questions were straightforward, but the time constraints made the process stressful. I didn't feel like I did particularly well on the tests, but 3 days later I got a call from a recruiter asking to set up a skype interview. The lady I corresponded with was extremely nice and made the process easy. She asked me some basic questions and talked to me about the company and then told me that she would be sending me a long form application and another personality test to complete. After I did that, I got another call about 3 days later asking to set up an interview with one of the managers. I decided not to continue with the process.

Interview Question – What do you know about the company? Why do you want to work here? Are you comfortable with the 80% travel requirement? What is your biggest strength/weakness?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern
Dayton, OH

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds.

Interview Details – I originally applied to a specific internship position through email. I was emailed back and requested to take the online ethics and skills assessments. After completing those satisfactorily, I was asked to set up a Skype interview. After passing that, I was asked to complete a "Long Form" application. I received a call to come in and formally take the assessments when all my information was received. The aptitude test was simple, and afterwards I was given a tour of the facility and told to sit in a room and wait for someone to interview me. When the interviewer finally came in, I realized that I was being interviewed for a position that had absolutely nothing to do with the original position I applied to. The entire process was time consuming, and the disorganization of the entire process made me question the entire company structure. After reading the negative reviews from current employees and others who have gone through the interview process, I can say that I am happy that I did not get a position with Reynolds.

Interview Question – How much do you make at your current position?   View Answer

Summer Intern Interview

Summer Intern
Houston, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds in February 2014.

Interview Details – I went in for a aptitude test, along with dozens of other people. Looked like they were doing some extreme filtering, or they just had to meet a certain number per school? I'm not really sure.

Interview Question – Aptitude test was very difficult, and was designed so you are not able to finish it.   Answer Question

Customer Service Interview

Customer Service

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds.

Interview Details – if you do not pass the test, you will not get an interview.