Reynolds and Reynolds Interview Questions

Updated Jul 2, 2015

3.1

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dayton, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds (Dayton, OH).

Interview

I applied online and received an email letting me know they wanted me to come in for testing/possible interview. There were preliminary psych evaluations, "ethics" tests, and IQ tests I had to take before showing up that required a little less than two hours to complete. When I showed up I had to go through more tests! They were much of the same (IQ and personality tests). Mind you I have not spoken to anyone up to this point. Well, I finish up and they tell me to wait out in the lobby, which I figured was a good sign since others were not asked to do so. Well, I go in for an interview with a girl who tells me the position I applied for was already filled and that I could apply for another one...okaaaaaay that sort of thing shouldn't happen. Well I guess their extensive computer testing is like the sorting hat from Hogwartz so who am I to question it? Well I went through a few more interviews after her that were a surprising contrast to the rigidity of the previous portion of the interview process. Mind you, I got a lot of the usual questions so if you go in there well prepared you should be fine as they really were quite personable. Oddly enough, one of the earliest questions I was asked by the first interviewer was about salary range. I didn't know anything about the job itself and yet I was supposed to answer this question! I ended up giving my expected salary, which is at the lower end of the range I found online, and she said the job was at a lower salary (A LOT less). I had come this far so I figured go on. I guess as part of the formal interview you have to fill out the long form application. This is where things got really weird. I was asked questions about smoking, indirect questions about my marital status, and direct questions about my parents...the whole thing felt really uncomfortable as NONE of that has anything to do with my ability to do the job for which I had not even applied for in the first place. Well, I was there so I answered them and was administered an oral drug test right then and there. A few weeks later I received an offer for about twenty percent less than my lowest expected salary range and I tell you what I did my research on that end so what gives?

Interview Questions

• What was your parents' education level/occupation?   1 Answer
    • Do you smoke?   1 Answer
    • What would your spouse have to say about your career something or another?   1 Answer

Marketing Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds.

Interview

I responded to their online job listing with my resume. I received a message back asking that I come in for testing and a possible interview. They sent along some peculiar tests for me to do at home that included psych evals and IQ testing. The whole process took a couple hours and I ended up not getting asked to stay for an interview. From what I can tell they have a very particular type of personality they want for their company. I received word back a little while after that day that they were going with different options. All in all I would consider the entire experience a waste of time. I had put together a tailored resume with relevant school/intern experience but did not speak with one person. It was not until I came on here afterwards that I realized that is their method. Let the computers do all of the evaluations for you. Applicants end up spending a day preparing and performing tests only to get dismissed in seconds. I doubt they even looked at my resume...

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds (Arlington, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

There are three steps to get the job.
    They will give you id and pasword of the assessments site.
    Ø Application
    Here you have to give your information about your work experience, education history and about your self like gender, race etc.
    Ø The Personality Assessment
    This survey consists of two untimed sections and four timed sections. This will take approximately 45 minutes to complete.
    Ø The Aptitude test
    This is a three-section logic and reasoning test. Try and set aside an hour when you can best minimize distractions. Once you login, you’ll be unable to stop at any point. You may not use a calculator. We recommend that you have scratch paper available when taking the test. You are penalized for answering incorrectly, but NOT for questions left unanswered.
    Difficulty level: easy, Medium.

Interview Questions

• Reynolds and Reynolds Sample Test Problems

All applicants at Reynolds and Reynolds must complete our pre-employment testing. The logic and aptitude test contains three timed sections. All questions are multiple choice. The test is not designed for you to finish. DO NOT GUESS!

Section 1: 15 minutes
      This part tests your ability to detect sequential patterns. The questions consist of a series of letters from the alphabet. You must select the letter to complete the series.

Example:
      C, D, F, G, J, K, O, P, __ What letter would complete this list?

Answer:
          C, D, F, G, J, K, O, P, U

Section 2: 15 minutes
      This section measures your ability to determine spatial relationships. These questions contain a series of shapes that rotate and move in patterns. You must identify the shape with the proper positioning to complete the series.

Example:

Which one of these shapes will complete the above series?

A B C D E Answer: E

Section 3: 30 minutes
      The last section tests your math aptitude with word problems (percentages, fractions, and algebra). You will not be permitted to use a calculator. As with the other sections, all questions are multiple choice. Below are some examples of typical word problems. The answers can be found at the end.

1. In a certain company, 30 percent of the men and 20 percent of the women attend night school. If 40 percent of all employees are men, what percent of all the employees attend night school?

a. 15 b. 24 c. 35 d. 44 e. none

2. The length of the shadow of a flagpole was found to be 72 feet. The shadow of a 3 foot picket fence in line with the flagpole was 4 feet. What is the height of the flagpole?

a. 54 feet b. 63 feet c. 27 feet d. 84 feet e. none

3. The sum of both digits, of either of two two-digit numbers, in whatever order the digits are written, is 9. The square of either of the digits of either number, minus the product of both digits, plus the square of the other digit is the number 21. The numbers are _______?

a. 36, 63 b. 81, 18 c. 27, 72 d. 45, 54 e. none

4. If a boat goes downstream 72 miles in 3 hours and upstream 60 miles in 6 hours, the rate of the river and the rate of the boat in still water respectively are ________?

a. 7 & 16 mph b. 7 & 17 mph c. 6 & 17 mph d. 6 & 18 mph e. none

5. Three times the square of a certain positive number exceeds six times the number by nine. Find the number:

a. 3 b. 6 c. 4 d. 9 e. none

6. The width of a rectangle is 15 feet less than its length, and the perimeter is 210 feet. Find the width:

a. 60 feet b. 35 feet c. 45 feet d. 40 feet e. none

7. If 6 men can do a piece of work in 14 days, how many men are needed to do the work in 21 days?

a. 3 b. 9 c. 5 d. 4 e. none

8. The sum of two numbers is 17 and the sum of their square is 145. Find the larger number.

a. 10 b. 11 c. 8 d. 9 e. none

9. A certain sum of money is invested at 10%. Twice that amount is invested at 8%. The total amount of interest from both investments is $91. How much is invested at 8%?

a. $350 b. $500 c. $1000 d. $700 e. none

10. A mother left 20% of her estate to one son and 25% to another son. The remaining $55,000 she left to her daughter. Find the amount of the estate:

a. $90,000 b. $100,000 c. $110,000 d. $120,000 e. none

9. D
      10. B

Answer Question

Software Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds in March 2015.

Interview

They gave you a link and ask you to take tests including personal assessment and mathematical evaluations. It took about 2 hours to finish all the questions. Kind of boring. All applicants at Reynolds and Reynolds must complete our pre-employment testing. The logic and aptitude test contains three timed sections. All questions are multiple choice.

Interview Questions

• Mental Acuity – 15 minutes
      Business Terms/Memory Recall – 5 minutes
      Vocabulary – 4 minutes
      Perception – 3 minutes
      Mechanical Interest – not timed
      Personality – not timed

2 Answers

Software Development Interview

Anonymous Employee in College Station, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds (College Station, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied online and got an email in two weeks. You should finish an online test and schedule the date before interview. The online personality assessment takes about one hour and there are too many questions.
    On that date you should go to the company and take another aptitude test. There are also too much question and do not believe you can finish them in the limited time.
    After the test the stuff will ask you some question about yourself and they will email you the decision in next week.

Applications Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds (Houston, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

Applied online. Received appointment scheduling request the same week (time slots given were 2 weeks from the date I received request) and I scheduled the appointment. Once I scheduled the appointment, received email to complete three items - an Application, Personality Assessment, and Ethics Assessment. Those have to completed prior to appointment time. Appointment was scheduled for an Aptitude Test

Interview Questions

• The Aptitude Test - The logic and aptitude test contains three timed sections - alphabet sequence, spatial relationship & mathematics. All questions are multiple choice. If you are lucky, you will see the same questions as in the sample test itself. I didn't do well in the test. Reason I could think of - I didn't take a timed sample test and somehow I had it in mind algebra is the only topic to be covered in mathematics which was not true. Please ask for extra scribbling paper before you enter for text. One paper was not enough for me and there was no one inside the room to provide you extra papers.   Answer Question

IT Operations Interview

Anonymous Employee in College Station, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds (College Station, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

I received an email saying that the company was interested in me. They required me to fill out an application, take a personality test, and then an aptitude test. The whole process took 3 hours for me. I was then scheduled for a Skype interview and I was told if they are further interested in me, there will be another interview after that. A week later, I was thanked for applying for Reynolds and Reynolds.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds (Houston, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

When I came into the interview, I was put into a small room and had to take a 15-20 minute test. It consisted of logic puzzles and algebra questions. Nothing to do with the position I was applying for. Afterwards, I had a Skype interview with a recruiter in a different city.

Reynolds Solutions Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in DeKalb, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds (DeKalb, IL) in March 2015.

Interview

The whole process that Reynolds & Reynolds uses makes it seem like they are running around like a chicken with its head cut off. Originally, I applied for a Sales Representative trainee position. My application went through and by the next day I had received an email asking me to complete an online skills assessment. I did not think this would be too bad so I started it and boy was I wrong. The test took me almost two hours and tested me on how well I can recognize patterns. I can't see what this has to do with being a sales rep.

Next, I received a call saying that they likes the results of the test and wanted to do phone screening with me. This was not bad and went rather smoothly. Then the next day I received yet another call for the same exact thing. I took it again and at the end of the call, they told me that they felt that I would fit better in a different role with them and asked me if I would like to pursue the Reynolds Solution Specialist role instead. I said ok and proceeded with that.

The next step had me do a skype interview with the recruiter. About a week later, I was asked to take the same test that I originally had done, only this time I would have to make sure they could monitor me. I understand why but this was a total pain in the butt.

After that, I had to do another skype interview with the manager of the area that I would be working for if I were to be hired. That wasn't too bad, except for the fact that I was on skype with the guy while he was sitting in his living room with a lot going on behind him. Then I had a skype interview with one of the directors at their Houston location. Again, he seemed like he had no idea what was happening and I was starting to get bad vibes from being pushed around from interview to interview with no sight of the end.

Finally, I heard back days later that I was going to meet with a rep that was in my area. They had me drive to meet her out at a Panera bread in business professional attire. It was a little much for the atmoshpere. The funny thing is, during this stage, I was not asked any interview questions. Just merely talked with rep about sports the whole time.

About a week after that, I finally got an email telling me that my skills would be better utilized at a position that was currently unavailable at the company and that they would keep my file on hand if it ever opens up. REALLY?!?!?!?!?! All of that to be told that I would be better suited for a different position in the company when I was switched to a position that was supposedly better for me? This company seems to not know what is going on half of the time and I couldn't be more displeased with my experience.

Interview Questions

• Are you ok with relocating?   1 Answer

Quality Assurance Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dayton, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds (Dayton, OH) in March 2015.

Interview

3 tiered approach. I was first contacted via e-mail, asking if I would complete tests online. Upon completion, I was invited to a group testing process after which others were asked to leave for further contact. I was asked to stayed and had 2 further interviews. My desired job was not granted but I was offered another, which I accepted.

Interview Questions

• What are some of the larger projects that you have worked ion in the past.   Answer Question