Reynolds and Reynolds Interview Questions

Updated Aug 26, 2015

3.1

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds (Houston, TX) in June 2015.

Interview

This is not an interview. They email you showing interest and state that you must take about three different assessments which make no sense on why you must take them. Personality assessment, ethics assessment, and a logic and reasoning aptitude test. None which relate to software development. There is about 20 people in and out taking the same test. You finish and then they tell you that they will contact you. There is no actual contact with anyone besides the receptionist. Not a place I would recommend to apply to since you are not actually meeting anyone and getting to know you.

Maintenance Tech Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dayton, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds (Dayton, OH) in June 2015.

Interview

Process took 3 weeks and Consisted of a I.Q. Test, Personality Test, Pre-employment interview, an Interview with the department head, and Drug and back ground screen. The longest part was waiting for them to get back to you to set up the interview and then it all only took about 3 hours.

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds (Charlotte, NC) in June 2015.

Interview

Many of the previous reviews were right on. I should have been more prepared and taken an algebra course! Very long process. Several emails and very impersonal. Long tests, many are timed. Personality, logic, algebra and other mathematical. They must have so many applicants that they want to screen out as many as possible. I understand, but think they are passing up on a lot of great sales talent. Like the other reviewers, I get the impression, they seem more fixated on whether someone knows their high school algebra versus being an excellent communicator and people-person with tons of in dealership operations experience. I have always been recruited and have only once had to test out for a job, so it was a wake-up call. Moving to a new area, and trying to go down a different career path. Ugh! Guess you have to look good to the computers scanning these resumes and tests. If you ace all of their tests, but can't sell a bag of beans or communicate with a client, do you still get the job? Algebra 101 here I come! All in all, their company, their way of completing the process. The recruiters are just doing their jobs, but the process is such the opposite of what the actual position calls for. Maybe their HR employees responsible for hiring should have to be on every job they are recruit for as training! I bet the process would change a bit!

Interview Questions

• Several emails, then online testing. The math algebra questions were probably easy for most, but I have been out of school for some time and did not know what to prepare for. Have no excuse. Also had some trouble advancing the pages. I was on second to last page and when I finished, I didn't realize until after that pages were skipped over.   1 Answer

Administration Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dayton, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds (Dayton, OH).

Interview

Arrived early in the morning, took long logic test, never to know the results, then escorted to a room to sit for hours waiting for an interview. Then after interview, was told to wait and would have second interview. Was taken to a different room where hours passed before being told I would be interviewing for a different position. After interview, was asked to come back the following day for another interview, which lasted a long time only to be escorted to another room for a skype interview. After five interviews and two days there, I told them I was no longer interested in any of the jobs.

Interview Questions

• What three words that describe yourself? Also, they asked about my childhood and how I grew up, what things are most important to me, etc.   Answer Question

Was given the run around too much and the company seemed almost like a cult.

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds in May 2015.

Interview

It is my understanding that anyone who shows interest in a position gets through to the "standardized testing" round. I was asked to fill out an at-home test (took about an hour) and reserve a spot for an in-office test weeks and weeks later. I took the hour long in-office exam (no calculators), was sent to a holding area for 20 minutes, and then asked to leave. The recruiters were unprofessional, snobby, and quite literally just standing around gossiping. I received a rejection email a few days later. Guess I didn't pass their cute little SAT test. Incredibly unfair to make creatives pass a test designed for analytical minds in order to get an interview. I was never even asked to hand over a portfolio. I may have trouble with long division and calculating the square footage of Susie's garden, but I assure you that I could churn out more interesting articles than anyone else in that room.

Bench Tech Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds.

Interview

The application process involved a lengthy online application as well as 2 assessments (1 on your own, 1 proctored). The 2 assessments were identical, but you can't use a calculator for a bunch of tedious math and pattern questions. There was a skype interview (since I lived far away from their office) where they ask you pretty standard questions mostly regarding your resume. There was also a mandatory drug test that they surprise you with and on the job they nicotine screen.

Field Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds in May 2015.

Interview

The whole procedure took 2 weeks. I applied somewhere on the website and received an email from HR that they want to proceed with me. But first I need to submit a personal assessment test on their website (Online quiz). In the description they mentioned that it will be for 40-45 minutes but that took so long. After submitting the test I received an email that they are not interested in me. I asked for the reason but they didn't reply (>8 days). Basically the test contained number of aptitude questions which were not related to job description and lots of mathematical tasks. If anybody is reading this from their company then I want to ask you what's the point in taking this non-sense test? Is it really necessary? Thanks to all the people who did share their opinion here and that helped to prepare for the test. I am very good at this type of test but these people are just playing with us. So if you get any email, don't get excited these people will be fooling you. Don't waste your valuable time and move on.

Interview Questions

• Online assessment quiz- Personal, mathematical, mechanical, business questions. (not difficult but time consuming)   1 Answer

Technical Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds (Houston, TX) in May 2015.

Interview

Went in to take an assessment. We were told maybe we would get an interview that day. Didn't get an interview that day. The guy who emailed me wasn't that pleasant.

Solutions Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds (Houston, TX) in May 2015.

Interview

First, they emailed me a questionnaire that had a problem solving test and math test. If you pass that, they send you to interview with a recruiter. After that, you will continually move up the department with interviews.

Interview Questions

• They asked me about my previous jobs, what I liked about each job, etc.   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds (Houston, TX) in May 2015.

Interview

Online assessment then an onsite interview. Interview questions were not related to software development. I did not understand the reason behind such an interview. next was a technical round with Data structure questions which were very easy to solve.