Reynolds and Reynolds Interview Questions

Updated Apr 21, 2015

3.1

Data Center Operations Technician Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds.

Interview

The first step in the hiring/interview process is for you to sit down and take an aptitude test at the company. You'll sit at a computer and take a series of tests similar to parts of the ASVAB and SAT tests you took in high school. Pattern recognition, basic to challenging math problems, word problems, and general testing of situation handling.
    They'll either review your score on the spot and let you know that they'd like to interview you right now or they'll tell you that they'll call you (This is the ruse. They will not be calling you if they send you home after you are finished with the test).
    If there is an interviewer available from any of their locations (College Station, TX, Dayton, OH or Houston, TX for US residents) they'll have you sit in a room and either do an interview in person if the interviewer is on site or they'll do the interview via Skype call. Usually this interview will last about 45 minutes to an hour. Data Center Operators are interviewed by both the supervisor and the manager. Each has their own approach to interviewing.

Interview Questions

• This depends on your previous experience in the IT field if you had any at all. The questions will be tailored to what they get from your resume. If you don't want to get hung up on something, be sure not to include anything you don't want them to potentially ask about.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I opened with a rate I felt was reasonable for an entry level IT position but was told that if I wanted the job I'd have to start at no more than $29k.

Software Education Course Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds (Houston, TX) in January 2015.

Interview

Very impersonal. After I expressed interest in the position with a cover letter and resume, I was sent an email indicating they were interested moving forward with the application process. I was sent a link to complete the following at home: online application, "personality assessment", and "ethics assessment". This process took a couple of hours. The next day, I received another email stating, "would like to meet with you." Upon arrival to my 'meeting', I was given log-in information to complete additional 'aptitude' testing. This took yet another 1 1/2 hours. By the way, I was part of a group of people who had been called in to complete the same process. After completing my test, the receptionist took my scratch paper and informed me that I would receive another email in 3-5 business days with a decision whether or not they will move forward in the interview process. That was it. I never met with anyone one-on-one; I only dealt with the receptionist in the HR office. About a week later, I received an email thanking me for my time and that they would not proceed with the application process. No other information was given.

The testing was a bit odd (to say the least), especially since absolutely none of it had to do with the position for which I applied. The 'personality' assessment questions were ambiguous without an opportunity to clarify or explain answers. It even forced me to go back and re-answer those questions where I indicated either a middle response or does not apply to me. Furthermore, I fail to see how knowing the place of Princess Diana's death has anything to do with a professional job requirement. The ethics assessment was politically charged and asked questions, that quite frankly, I think should not be discussed in a professional environment: Do you feel the homeless chose their way of life and deserve what they get? Seriously? I was also asked about whether or not I felt that those who are less privileged deserved their status in life. The aptitude assessment involved heavy algebra (word problems) and geometrical shapes and pattern recognition. The tests were timed and are not designed to be completed within the time limit. This type of 'pre-employment' testing is irrelevant and fails to assess a person's true ability to perform job functions. Questions also asked about my social habits such as smoking and social interactions with friends and family. They also asked questions to determine feelings about honesty and theft. I wonder what the true purpose is for this type of pre-employment evaluation and screening.

Digital Marketing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dayton, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds (Dayton, OH) in January 2015.

Interview

Phone Interview, Test, Skype Interview, Onsite Interview. Very straight forward, The test is extremely important. Easy interview, I didnt even know much about the company going in. They are more worried about finding intelligent and motivated employees.

Interview Questions

• What would be one thing you would say sets you apart from other candidates?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I asked to increase salary.

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds in January 2015.

Interview

Applied online. sent me a email to complete a personality and aptitude test. A day later someone from the recruitment office called to review resume and ask about past job experience. following that she scheduled a skype interview. skype interview took about 30 min. Some of the type of questions they as give you the feeling that they are using the interview process to do market research.

Interview Questions

• what other positions are you applying for?
      what reasons would make you want to leave the company?
      what are some benefits that Reynolds offers that competition does not ?
      plus the regular personality questions....

Answer Question

Account Manager Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds (Sacramento, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

The process involved an initial phone call from a recruiter. Next there is a series of test that must be taken online. Then a phone interview. The test take about 2-3 hours to take.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds in January 2015.

Interview

I applied online and was sent an email letting me know they were interested in moving forward in the process with me. I was given a link along with a username and password. The link was for an online application (basically requiring you to put your resume in a new format), a personality assessment, and a cognitive assessment. The whole assessment took two hours. It then took over a week to hear back from Reynolds and Reynolds. I received a generic email letting me know that they would not be moving further in the process with me. After reading everything I did on Glassdoor I was a-OK with that. I mostly spent the two hours on their assessment so that I could see what it was like and better prepare for other companies that may have a similar assessment. The cognitive assessment was definitely difficult seeing as though I haven't been in school for many years.

Interview Questions

• What letter is next in each of these series? (Then they give you a pattern of letters.)   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds in January 2015.

Interview

The process is a bit crazy. There are several tests that need to be completed and a huge stack of review and reading. At the end I really was not impressed with the company or the process.

Interview Questions

A dated product that really offers its customers little value.

Entry Level Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dayton, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds (Dayton, OH) in January 2015.

Interview

I applied for this position online via a job board. In three days, a Recruiting Coordinator emailed me and said: "We have reviewed your information and would like to proceed to the next step in the process and invite you to our facility in Dayton for an aptitude assessment as well as a possible interview. Keep in mind while scheduling your appointment that the assessment test takes an hour to complete and depending on the availability of a recruiter, you may receive an interview thereafter." I proceeded to schedule the onsite visit 14 days from then. In the meantime, I was emailed links to complete the following online: an Application, Personality Assessment, and Ethics Assessment. I completed these items and then went to the Dayton facility for the aptitude assessment on my scheduled day/time. The aptitude assessment was a three-section logic and reasoning test that took me about one hour to complete. I was unable to complete the tests within the time that was allocated for each of them so I did not feel very confident when I was finished. I exited the computer room that I took the test with about 12+ other people and went to the counter where the coordinator was sitting. She said she was looking at my information and it did not appear that they had any other questions and I would be hearing from them in 3 to 5 business days. I knew right then and there that I was being rejected. Sure enough, 3 days later, I received the following email: "Thank you for your interest in employment with Reynolds and Reynolds. We appreciate the time you spent applying with us; however, we will not be proceeding with your application at this time. Again, thank you for your time and we wish you the best of luck in your career search."

This experience was obviously not a positive one for me. I spent a lot of time completing their requests and then more time taking a test that is geared toward people with very high IQs and never even received an interview. One's eduction and experience does not seem to count for anything with them...it is as if they believe one's potential is all based off the results of these tests. I do not believe this to be an accurate way to sum someone up. In addition, I felt like the process was very intrusive. I regret that I ever allowed them to get inside my head and waste my time...a lesson learned the hard way.

Business Applications Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds (Houston, TX) in January 2015.

Interview

The process took about one week.

- apply online.
    - receive email to schedule interview. Prior to the interview date, you need to complete Application, Personality Assessment, and Ethics Assessment online.
    - on the interview date, an aptitude test will be taken (pattern, math).
    - after that, HR will talk to you.

Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds (Houston, TX) in January 2015.

Interview

Sent my resume thru my school career center and got a immediate request to come in for assesment. I had to take several test at home and when i got to the facility had to take three more. Math without a calculator. Who in this day and age really does anything with out some type of electronic help. None of the test had anything to do with real life situations.