Reynolds and Reynolds

Updated Feb 24, 2015
Updated Feb 24, 2015

3.1

Customer Training Professional Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds.

Met recruiter at career fair and gave my resume. Was sent an email to complete aptitude test. A few days later I was contacted for a skype interview with the recruiter. About to take second interview with head of department.

Sales Representative Interview

Very open about business and how they operate on daily basis. They seem to very concerned about personal life and how you handle objections or negatives. Pretty standard interview questions

Tbd Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds.

Insane amount of pre-interview testing (crazy difficult considering I'm not applying to be a Statistics professor at MIT). Before moving on in interview process, they want to do a background and credit check, etc. And on the application, they asked some very illegal questions - not to mention asking for my car loan payment amount, my date of birth, my parent's and spouse's parents names, addresses, occupations and myriad other bizarrely intrusive information. I didn't even have to give all that for a military security clearance !

Customer Training Professional Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds in November 2014.

Once I had applied online, I received an email requesting that I do the aptitude test, application and a personality assessment. Although there is only 3 items, the tests were very time consuming. It took me about 2 hours total to complete everything that they needed done. The tests were very pointless and I really feel that you must be a genius to pass them. The word tests were easy, as far as analogies and synonyms but the patterns were really difficult. Having to guess which letter was next in different sequences as well. In the job description it just mentions that you must have an outgoing personality and be willing to assist others, NOT be a certified genius.

The recruiter made the mistake of calling me back so I am going to retest, hopefully I get it because I know that with their training, I can easily grasp the job duties.

Interview Questions
    • After the first few questions, there were no surprises. I knew that all of the following questions were going to be irrelevant.   Answer Question

Technical Writing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds in November 2014.

This would be my second interview with them. My first was done by campus recruiting. I didn't get the position so I applied again a year later after graduation and they emailed me for a face to face interview. I took 3 assessment tests online before the interview, Then I came to the interview took another quantitive test for about an hour. Did not have my face to face interview and then received an email saying that I did not meet the qualifications...Again.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds.

Applied though the University career fair and received an email to take an aptitude assessment. The company actually makes this ridiculous useless test that it sells to dealerships. Took the assessment and got a call from HR and was told they are going to offer $9 an hr for an internship while other companies are around $20

Interview Questions
    • Useless aptitude assessment, HR questions were about past work and college   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds.

After the application, I took a series of online assessments and was then contacted a few weeks later for a Skype interview with a recruiter. A few weeks later I had another interview with the head of the software department. Both interviews went very well. The questions were just about my experiences and my resume, so there was nothing out of the ordinary. Probably one of the easiest interviews that I had done.

As a student in my last year of college, I have been actively looking for jobs. I had a job offer already on the table with a pretty high salary, so I told them that when they asked for my salary requirements. After my second interview I got a call for the third but they told me that my offer would be $25,000 less than my offer with the other company. At that point, I withdrew my application.

Overall, the interview process was very easy, but from what I gather, the company will not pay well at all. That was my biggest drawback.

Interview Questions
    • All questions were easy and about my past experiences.   Answer Question

Outside Sales Account Manager Trainee Interview

Applied through university career website and was then invited to take a personality assessment and aptitude test before proceeding any further in the interviewing process. The aptitude test is lengthy-about 45 minutes- and a test of speed. Questions included identifying patterns and other simple math problems. After the tests, a recruiter reached out and scheduled a 30-45 minute Skype interview. Recruiter really focused on commission-based pay and emphasized the potential annual salary.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds.

The HR department sent over a IQ/Personality test to fill up. The test quit on me due to some unexpected behavior . I sent over an immediate email to the department. No follow-up or nothing. Very disappointed with company attitude and employees. Highly unprofessional company. Not at all recommended .

Interview Questions
    • In the phone interview , asked about Polymorphism and OOP   Answer Question

Technical Writer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds in October 2014.

I was initially contacted via email and asked me to select a date and time to come in for an aptitude test and a "possible interview with a recruiter". After choosing a date and time, I was sent an email asking me to complete several online tests before going to the aptitude test. One was personality based and asked questions about drugs, stealing, etc. Another was vocabulary. I then went in for the aptitude test, which was an hour long and included algebra, sequencing, and things of that nature. After I completed the test I was asked to stay and talk to a recruiter. I went into a room with a chair and a computer and waited for the recruiter to call me via Skype. The recruiter was very friendly and asked me basic interview questions. She stated that the job I had originally applied for was filled and asked if I would be interested in other jobs at Reynolds, to which I replied that I would be. She told me she would give my information to another department and contact me if they were interested. A week later I was contacted for an interview with someone from their marketing department. I was not told the person's name or the job title for which I was interviewing for, which was my fault for not asking, and if I knew, I wouldn't have gone to the interview at all. At the interview I found out that the job was for "proof-reading", that's right, f*cking proof-reading. I was then given a "proof-reading test" which I was given 20 minutes to complete. After 20 minutes, she came in, took the test, and said she'd be back to talk to me shortly. However, a different person came in 5 minutes later and told me they didn't need anything else from me and that I'd receive an answer about the job soon. Having read tons of reviews on Glassdoor about this company I knew immediately that I did not receive the job. Although I was not bothered by that, I felt irritated that these people had wasted so much of my time. I graduated from one of the best schools in Texas with a 3.8 GPA, but that wasn't good enough for them, and I think that is complete and utter bullsh*t, sorry I'm not sorry. I jumped through numerous hoops only to receive a generic email saying I had not been accepted for the job. These people are unprofessional and a waste of your time. You are worth so much more. Thank you, Reynolds & Reynolds, for showing me how much better I can do.

Interview Questions
    • All pretty basic interview questions. Strengths, weaknesses, what you job aspirations are, ect.   Answer Question