Reynolds and Reynolds

Relevance Date Difficulty

Business Applications Developer Interview

Business Applications Developer
Houston, TX

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds.

Interview Details – Was contacted after i submitted my resume. Got an email to schedule 3 choice of dates

Interview Question – It was all basic apptitude test. Very general   Answer Question

Software Support Specialist Interview

Software Support Specialist

Interviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds

Interview Details – They seem to place a lot of emphasis on a logic-type aptitude test that I had taken when they were Universal Computer Systems (UCS). It had things like recognizing number patterns and word knowledge. It seems regardless of your ability to do well in a position with them, they place an inordinate amount of importance on the test for some reason. Even before they interview you and whether or not you desire to work there, they want your score.

They tested a lot of people and many don't get called back for an interview. The testing process takes more than an hour and can use up much of your time. I think you can learn how to take the test and do well on it. Even if you do well on it, it does not mean you will get a job offer from them. They contacted me some years later for my resume posting and was interested in interviewing me, which required taking that test again and filling out an application before having an interview and not knowing if I was even interested in the position. I decided to forgo their cumbersome process, especially since the pay was probably very modest for the effort.

Interview Question – They seem to be very concerned about if an applicant uses of tobacco or smokes. Well, regardless if I do or not, they ought to factor in if allowing smoking has benefits. I worked in a technology department and a number of people smoked on their breaks because it relaxed them enough to overcome the stress and complete their projects.   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Field Sales Supervisor Interview

Dayton, OH

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds in September 2013.

Interview Details – I was expecting a long process as their biggest competitor took 3 months to get hired, but never expected a cow herding process with an Algebra test. They even give you prep questions to prepare for the testing prior to the onsite testing as they say they realize most need a refresher. I can honestly say I was very successful with their biggest competitor and never needed Algebra to that extent. I should have listened to the reviews on Glassdoor.

Interview Question – Algebra test.   Answer Question

College Station, TX

I applied online and the process took 7+ weeks - interviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds in August 2013.

Interview Details – Let me start out by saying that I applied for this position because it was a remote/travel position so the candidate could work anywhere in the US. The process began online and lasted almost 2 months. I applied online, two weeks later was contacted being told they had "high interest" in me. I was to take 3 "assessments/tests" (which I was told was timed and would take approx. 1-2 hrs.NINE assessments and 4 1/2 hours later, I was finished. Mostly abstract and math questions with some personality questions. I was contacted the very next day and scheduled a Skype interview the following week. It went great. I was also asked permission for a credit report, background report, and driving record, which I agreed to.

I was then sent another long-form application and ethics tests to complete. Silly questions like, "What is your father's college education and occupation". That was asked of both parents and if I remember correctly, my siblings as well (?) I don't know what difference that should make about my education, experience and qualifications to work for them. I was told everything would be put together and I would receive a final decision within 7 days.

I then received a phone call 4 days later asking me about 1 minor issue on my credit report. I gave her my explanation and she seemed to be satisfied with my answer, saying it should be no problem at all. 10 days later, I received an email (all other correspondence was via telephone) telling me I was not being offered a position because I am not local to their Ohio or Texas offices. Again, I applied for the position because it was advertised SEVERAL times that it was a "remote" position and could work from my home office.

Interview Question – Basic interview questions...what is your biggest weakness?   Answer Question

College Station, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds in May 2013.

Interview Details – The intial exam was attrociously long. Spent about three hours there. Got an interview with the recruiter right away. Procceeded to interview with a manger, a vp, and a supervisor. Mostly behavorial questions. Frankly, I was very suprise that I did not get an offer . The take away is that just because you got through 4 to 5 inverviews you are not guarenteed to get the job.

Interview Question – What is your greatest achievement?   Answer Question

Business Applications Developer Interview

Business Applications Developer

Interviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds

Interview Details – The process involved several steps. You are first required to do an online test that involved some timed and some un-timed sections. The timed sections reminded me a little of the non math portions of the SAT. There was some vocab, some pattern matching and even a few common knowledge history questions. The un-timed sections were more like personality tests. After that you go to their facility and do some more tests in a big room filled with other people taking the same tests.

The on site tests had timed spacial reasoning and algebra word problem sections. You are then required to do another personality test and fill out paper work. On both personality tests (online and on site) they ask you to be as biased as possible to get good results which I think is strange. From what I could tell the personality tests basically consisted of questions for determining if you are conservative or liberal, but that's just my opinion.

Among sections requiring more standard information, the paperwork included sections regarding personal finances and the names and occupations of your parents. They strongly suggest both verbally and in written instructions that you fill out every field but did not tell me verbally that it was optional.

Interview Question – Something to the effect of: If you found out the company was doing something you thought was morally wrong, would you ever tell someone outside the company about it?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds.

Interview Details – Reynolds and Reynolds expects all applicants to take online personality and aptitude tests before the actual interview. You are then required to take more competence tests once you arrive at the facility. If you pass these tests, you are asked in for an interview on the spot. Otherwise, they say they will be in touch and email you about a week later saying they were pursuing other applicants.

Interview Question – Nothing unexpected.   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Accounting Specialist Intern Interview

Interviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds

Interview Details – They make you do some tests online, then schedule you to come take a computerized test at their location. The test is standard for any position, and are not tailored to the specific position you applied for. The test consists of sequencing, recognizing patterns, and math questions. Basically, I think this is a way to weed out applicants. They send you an e-mail saying they would like to meet with you, but then you just drive all the way to their office to take a ridiculous test and not get interviewed.

Interview Question – The sequencing questions become ridiculous after a while and the math has to be done without using a calculator.   Answer Question

Customer Training Professional

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds.

Interview Details – Applied online. Email from HR to fill out aptitude/personality assessment. Few days later contacted me to set-up Skype interview with a recruiter. Had Skype interview, was sent a business ethics assessment and "long form" application. Phone interview with Regional Manager. That's where I am right now.

Interview Question – Name a time when you experienced the best/worst customer service.   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Software Developer
Houston, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds in August 2013.

Interview Details – Took the online assessment and was asked to come in to take it again. Interviewed with HR. super generic questions. Interviewed with manager And everything was pretty standard. He took me around to look at the rooms ( opened one and exclaimed oh!... Then muttered "that was bad".... Don't really know what happened but he was very flustered). Interviewed with VP ( very nice) and then was shown out. Didn't get set up for a drug test so I'm pretty sure I didn't get the job. I don't think I was what they are looking for ( good ole boy type).

Interview Question – What was your favorite class?   Answer Question