Reynolds and Reynolds Interview Questions

Updated Oct 29, 2014
Updated Oct 29, 2014

3.1

Software Implementation Consultant Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds.

I did all of their interview process in one day. I was at their building for over 5 hours for 3 rounds of interviews. You have to take a test before they will even interview you. It is basically an IQ test. As if passing college wasn't proof enough that you are intelligent. But after that you interview with an HR rep who basically just makes sure you answer the standard HR questions correctly, the division manager, and finally the VP. The VP is very nice, just very quiet during the interview. At the end you take a drug test. If they drug test you, expect an offer. If they don't, you probably won't get one.

I did not negotiate, but you definitely can and should. They typically don't pay well.

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds.

I first got an email that they were impressed by some of my background on my resume and asked if I could make a visit to the office. It's kind of a waste of time cuz they will ask you to drive all the way to dayton and take a test.

Interview Questions
    • There's no question at all. They just schedule people to take several tests on their computers   Answer Question

Marketing Graphic Designer Interview

After submitting my application, I received an email back saying:

"After reviewing your qualifications, we are interested in proceeding with you to the next steps in our process which are outlined below."

I was given their "Application, Personality and Aptitude Assessment". I took this test with no concerns, knowing I have taken this test multiple times previously, and aced it each time (including the Military ASVAB, on which I scored 95, qualifying me for every and any military position). I completed the test knowing for sure I did very well on it.

Then I received an email 2 weeks later saying that I was no longer being considered. What this meant to me is: THEY DO NOT PRE-SCREEN YOUR QUALIFICATIONS PRIOR TO GIVING YOU THE TEST. The only thing that could have disqualified me is my resume, meaning they put me through a 2 hour test without first looking at my resume.

Take the test if you want, but just know that it's part of the job application and that you haven't yet passed any benchmarks.

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds in July 2014.

The entire process was pretty long. It started out with me applying, an email later sent to complete an assessment that took a considerable amount of time that was actually somewhat difficult. The amount of time they give you really doesn't allow you to complete the questions that they provided.

Graphic Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online – interviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds in July 2014.

There is quite a lot of steps in Reynolds and Reynolds hiring process including testing that seems very much like an IQ test and also a personality test. I had wished there had been more specific questions about my ability to actually do the specific job since much of the testing was irrelevant to the position I was applying for. Still, it was a better process than some companies that I have interviewed with.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult part of the process was answering questions on the test that had to do with sales, programming, or international business. These question had nothing to do with graphic design.   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds in July 2014.

The aptitude test is a joke. I have over 15 years experience, but because I don't remember algebra I wasn't hired. I wasn't even offered an interview. A complete waste of time!

Product Consultant for Add On Auto (AOA) Vehicle Accessories Solution Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds in July 2014.

Resume sent in, 5 days later an email requesting that I take the assessment test. 5 days after testing submitted a Skype call with two HR reps. If I agree to move forward there will be at least 2 more interviews. I was told that the last interview maybe in Ohio at HQ.

Interview Questions
    • all standart questions that a candidate should be ready to answer.   View Answer

Graphic Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds in July 2014.

After applying online, I received an e-mail asking for my availability for a Skype interview, which consisted of very typical interview questions ("What are your greatest strengths/weaknesses, Why do you want to work for us?", etc). After this, I was given additional paperwork to do that involved some other typical interview-type questions as well as a few odd ones (like what kinds of pets I had as a child), an aptitude test for logic, problem-solving, and algebra (for some reason), as well as an ethics survey that mostly asked about your opinions of alcohol and marijuana during work hours. The second interview was another Skype interview that asked me different but still very standard interview questions. I was then given a set of three graphics projects to complete within a 24-hour span-- they were materials that would be made on the job. I then was scheduled for a third interview with a department manager over the phone. A week later I was informed that they would not be moving forward with my application process at this time.
    The company representatives usually responded to my latest application step within a week and were always very courteous.

Traveling Trainer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds.

I applied using my school website and they sent me an email letting me know that I need to complete several online aptitude tests and reports. The email said that it might take 2 hours to complete the whole thing. I tried singing up for the tests but it just seems so mundane and not worth my time expecially considering the position I was applying for.

I think that they need to upgrade the way their recruitment works because it is not conducive to getting good employees.

Interview Questions
    • None. I did not do the online tests they wanted everyone to fill out.   Answer Question

Because the interview process is riduculous

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dayton, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dayton, OH

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds.

Met R&R at a college job fair. They were not that aggressive and i felt i drove most of the process. I had nearly 7-8 interviews over about 2 months and looking back should have seen this is how the company as a whole likes to operate. They have a proprietary psych eval and intelligence test that weeds out about 90% of applicants. Most people with prior sales experience aren't willing to go through the song and dance so a lot of recent grads are hired. R&R loves this because they can pay less and treat them worse.

Interview Questions
    • Intelligence test is designed to not be finished and penalize incorrect answers. It is also rumored that your initial score indicated future promotions, but never confirmed.   Answer Question
    Very little negotiation, they like to hold all the power. They initially offered me a position I did not apply for (lower lever) and I declined. They called back about a week later and offered the correct and I accepted.