Reynolds and Reynolds

Updated Dec 15, 2014

3.1

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dayton, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dayton, OH

I applied through other source – interviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds in September 2014.

4 Aplitude Test, 1 large at home and 3 in the facility. The facility is super nice but rather tough to get past the test for an interview. I would like to actually sit down with another person to explain my skills rather than have some computer tell them if I'm qualified based off a test that is timed and doesn't really relate to the material i applied for.

Interview Questions
    • The Test seems to get you flustered because of the way it is scored, 1 point for each answer correct 1/4 for incorrect answers and 0 points for unanswered questions, if you don't score high enough on the test they do not move forward with your application   Answer Question

Data Specialist Interview

got an email from a recruiter of reynolds and reynolds. they said they have several space matching my experience and background. I needed to do several test. Took a lot of tests online, including math, logic, vocabulary and so on. It takes several hours. two days later, they rejected me just based on the test result. wired interview and company.

Software Education Trainee Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds.

Applied online, was contacted to set up a time for testing at the College Station location. Testing takes a couple of hours, they are logic-type tests... pretty annoying process. You are in a room with a lot of other people taking the same test. After completing the tests, they asked if I could hang around to interview with a recruiter. The recruiter asked me pretty basic interview questions, nothing out of the ordinary. She explained a few different job openings that I was interested in. Seemed like it went well, she was pretty thorough.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing difficult or unexpected... Just beware that this company is very conservative. They have a no tobacco use policy on or off the job. They randomly drug test, including screening for nicotine. I thought that was pretty ridiculous.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Entry Level Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds.

Went through 5 interviews, 2 assessment tests. I felt like everything went well. The very last interview had a drug test. I didn't read other Glass Door reviews until after taking the test to realize they test for tobacco. I am not a frequent tobacco user, but it was enough not to land the position. It would be more efficient if they did this in the beginning IMO. After dealing with people throughout the process over a month, received a generic "not moving forward" email. Good luck to those still interested.

Interview Questions
    • Most difficult questions would be on the assessments, no calculator allowed.   Answer Question

Graphic Designer Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds.

The hiring process that they use is LONG. They have you take assessment after assessment. Some of the things you come across will seem pointless. They make sure your expected salary is negotiable.

Distribution Manager Interview

Quick interview process. Interview took 30 minutes or less. Client move out going on at the same time. The manager didn't really seem focused on the process. I was hired quickly. There were no drug tests or background checks performed.

Graphic Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Phone Pre-Screen:
    Very quick five question screen to see if you are worth their time and if they are worth your time! Mostly pertains to if you smoke (they are a non-smoking campus) and what your desired work hours are like and things of that nature. It's very easy to get past this initial screening process but they will pass you on to one of the most difficult portions of the interview process where Reynolds and Reynolds will screen out most of their applicants.

Aptitude Test:
    When I interviewed with them, they told me this was similar to a portion of a test they give to air traffic controllers and I needed to study for it. It will go over all kinds of types of question, from algebra to definitions. You will be timed and there are a lot of sections to the test (I think it was 14 by the time I was done). Much like testing for SAT or ACTs, you must answer your questions smart or skip them. It is done on a point scale and you get points off for answering wrong, but no points removed for skipping a question. Though, if you only answer one question out of 20, it is probably taken into account as well.

Recruiter/Department Interviews:
    You finally really get to speak to a person about what you can do! Be honest about yourself and your expectations. You can expect it to be like any other traditional interview. If you impress them, they will pass you on to the department where you'll be interviewed by one or two more people that you'd be working with directly. There isn't really an opportunity to negotiate a salary, so make sure you have a base in mind if you really can't accept below a certain amount and be honest with yourself about that base.

Skills Test:
    They will test your skills so make sure you know what you're doing when it comes to graphic design. It's not difficult if you know your code and have a decent eye for design. You'll be evaluated though by a few different people, but be confident in what you're doing and also, be yourself in your work!

Once you get to this point, if they like you, they'll continue on with a background check and all those things before proceeding to an offer stage. It can take upwards of a month and a half, so be patient if you want to work for them!

Interview Questions
    • Questions on the Aptitude test!! Especially as a designer, being asked corporate business questions or algebra that hasn't been touched since early high school.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation phase. I had my base and my range, but I said for certain I could not go below my base.

They do bring in designers with a very specific range in mind and will pass on designers that are above their high-range if they deem them too expensive.

Software Developer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds.

The interview here just wastes your time. The HR email me and asked me to take a online aptitude test. This will take more than 1 hour. Then going to the company to take a second test, which is just as the first aptitude test. After the test, they told candidates go home and wait their email. One week later, they send you a reject email.

Interview Questions
    • There are too many problems in the second test. Although they are not hard, but really take time.   Answer Question

Recruiting Assistant Interview

Long process with lots of interviews and assessments. Had to complete two hours of assessments before interviewing with a recruiter. Then interviewed with supervisor and director. Went to background before offer. Had to complete a drug test that tested for nicotine.

Software Developer Interview

First step is assessment test. It's is a lengthy test. Require simple math and aptitude questions. After that is the interview, which I am waiting for. HR people are good and they reply about the process as you go on. Hoping to get a positive reply from them ASAP.