Reynolds and Reynolds Interview Questions & Reviews

351 interviews

3.1

Recruiting Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds in May 2014.

Withdrew from the process based on company office location and the "dirty tricks" described on Glassdoor.com concerning salary negotiations and assessments. Why contact me if you have no intentions on trying to satisfy my request?

Interview Questions
    • Why is there a "one size" screening assessment that has nothing to do with the job you applied for?   View Answer

Jun 11, 2014Corporate Communications

Over the years, our assessment process has helped us identify talent and take a more objective approach to professional and career development.

The assessment is an objective measure that helps us
    ... More

Marketing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I interviewed online. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds in April 2014.

Started off applying through LinkedIn. Prior to any interviews you had to complete a very lengthy test with basic math and a lot of "which shape comes next" - a little ridiculous in my opinion. Had an initial phone interview which lasted about 30 minutes, and after that I had to complete a "long form application" with more weird questions. I then had a Skype interview which lasted about 10 minutes and they asked the same questions as the first interviewer, and after that I had another phone interview which lasted about 10 minutes, again asking the same questions.

I asked each interviewer what the job details were since I didn't really get a good response at any point, and each one told me different things. What I thought was supposed to be a marketing position ended up being a newsletter writing position. Extremely confusing.

Interview Questions
    • Pretty basic questions, like why you want the job, what will you bring to the company   Answer Question

Entry Level Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Dayton, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dayton, OH

I interviewed online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds in May 2014.

Went into the office for assessments and received an interview from HR and then managers. It was definitely a long day but I appreciated that they wanted to get it done all at once.

Jun 11, 2014Corporate Communications

Welcome to Reynolds! We're glad to have you as part of our team!

Tech Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds.

lots of stuff, seemed important but it wasnt. managers have final say. made you take tests and seemed like a good opportunity bc the HR people are very well put together and separate from the rest of the cult

Maintenance Tech Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  College Station, TX
    Anonymous Employee in College Station, TX

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds in May 2014.

I applied online for the "General Internship" position which did not have a definite description. I was contacted back in about 2 weeks to schedule a time to come into their facility for an assessment test and possible interview. I was also sent a link to complete a personality test and another assessment test. Some of it was timed and others weren't. These had to be completed before the scheduled interview.
    I went in for the assessment test on the scheduled day dressed for a possible interview. The staff in the recruitment office were friendly. I filled a form and was led to the testing room. No phones or calculators were allowed for the test. The test was timed and took about an hour to complete. I was asked to wait to interview. I then waited about 45 minutes before someone came in to talk to me.
    He asked mostly about my resume and some behavioral questions. We spent about 10-15 minutes talking and then he led me back to the testing room to complete two other questionnaires including a "Long Form."
    That was the end of the process and I'm waiting to hear back.

IT Operations Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds in May 2014.

I sent in my résumé via email per the job description web page. In this email, they ask you a few basic questions, such as eligibility to work in the United States, and whether or not you're a tobacco user (this company is heavy against their employees using tobacco, whether or not on company time).

A few weeks later, I had an initial contact email from a recruiter to take some online assessments. It took me nearly two and a half hours to complete this portion. It's basically an IQ test -- algebra, shape patterns, etc. It's nowhere near related to the job and is probably the most ridiculous I've ever had to do for a job application.

A couple of days later, I was contacted by a recruiter to set up a Skype interview. We set up the interview for the following day. In this interview, they asked basic HR questions (strengths/weaknesses, etc.). The recruiter sent me an email after this interview to have me fill out a longer, more detailed application as well as an ethics test and background check authorization form. I filled these out and emailed these back to the recruiter.

The recruiter called me a few days later and set up an interview with a manager at the Houston facility. I went the following day and spoke with him. They had me re-do an hour's worth of that IQ testing (which, after reading more on Glassdoor, seems pretty standard). The manager seemed to be really pleased with me and my experience, and I figured everything went well. It was at this point that he said the starting salary for this position is $29,000 with eligibility for raises at the 120 day mark (Also, they're looking for someone to do an evening/overnight shift. No chance starting out at 8-5 M-F.). This was far significantly lower than what I had marked as my salary requirements on my initial email to the recruiting office -- no, I didn't request anything crazy for a starting position like $50k. It was rather insulting that the company had strung me along that far knowing that they weren't going to be able to come anywhere near my salary requirements. The manager wanted to set up a Skype interview with one of the higher-ups. We set it up for the following week. I wasn't feeling good about the company so far, but I figured I would go along with the rest of the interview process since the next interview was a Skype interview and would take little effort for me to do other than dressing up nicely and combing my hair.

I interviewed with the higher-up and he asked me some basic questions. He quickly brought up the salary issue. He didn't even offer up any negotiation. It was then that he told me that I would not be a good fit for this position.

My advice to this company would be this: if you know you do not plan on hiring a specific candidate and that you cannot even come close to their salary requirements, don't waste their time in having them go through multiple interviews when they can be a better fit somewhere else.

Interview Questions
    • Be ready to discuss classes you took in college and how they will apply to this position.   Answer Question

Graphic Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I interviewed online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds.

I took about 3 pre-employment tests that lasted a couple of hours. One test asks about your parents and their occupations. Quite a few questions about marijuana. It seemed like the tests were designed for ex-military personnel looking for full-time work.
    After a successful screening, you will talk to a recruiter who will decide if you will interview for the job that you applied for or if they prefer that you applied for the graphic designer/specialist job. Seems to have high-turnover according to the other reviews from ex-employees.
    Then you will get another interview from the department lead/mgr that lasts 45 minutes to an hour.
    And if you pass, you will get a tour of the building and area where you would work.
    But wait theres more...
    Before you are actually offered the job, you must take another graphic design test for car dealership postcards that is emailed to you to complete in 24 hours!

Interview Questions
    • Please create a postcard campaign for one of our automotive clients.   Answer Question

Hardware Field Engineer Interview

Saw the opening online and applied for it on a Wednesday. Received an email requesting I complete an online assessment and an EEO form the next day. I completed the forms that evening (Thursday).

The following day, as I was about to enter the dentist's office, I received a voice message and an email from a recruiter. She wanted to 'discuss my application' and 'possibly schedule a Skype interview.' Since I was about to go under anesthesia, I quickly replied to her email, explaining the situation and asking if I could call her on Monday.

No reply received from the recruiter. I tried to call on Monday - the recruiter was out of the office. Left a voice message.

The position was re-posted online Monday as well

Tuesday came and went. I decided that pursuing this job any further was a waste of time and moved on with my job search.

Besides, I don't use Skype or even have a webcam currently - I wonder what the recruiter does in such cases?

POSTSCRIPT:

Have received two voice messages from the recruiter, again wanting to set up a 'Skype interview' (I guess the part about discussing my application is out the window!) because the hiring manager apparently expects to have a face to face interview with the finalists for the position early next week. This time, I didn't bother to reply.

May 29, 2014Corporate Communications

We apologize for the delay in someone contacting you. If you would like to send your contact information directly to me, I would be happy to look into your application.

As far as the type of
    ... More

Marketing Consultant Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds.

If pre selected you have to choose a date for an interview. It took them a couple of days to tell me that the days selected weren't good and to choose other dates. After receiving a date you take a couple of personality tests from home and then take other assessments at their offices.

Interview Questions
    • Brush up on your algebra for the assessments you will take at their offices.   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Got an email about a possible interview and assessment. The assessment is pretty much impossible to complete in the given time. The questions themselves aren't very difficult for people with good math skills, but the sheer volume of things to be calculated by hand (no calculators involved) makes it difficult to get through all of it. Also, you get points off for wrong answers(so it was like a bad SAT flashback). The process after completion is fairly vague. I definitely didn't like how this was conducted.