Reynolds and Reynolds Interview Questions

Updated Jul 28, 2015

3.1

Customer Training Professional Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds (Tampa, FL) in April 2015.

Interview

Lengthy test via home computer, which was soon followed with a request for a job interview. Completed the 30 min Skype session and was sent an additional test on ethics and a long form application. Completed both and about two days later received an email stating that they wish me luck on my job search but we wouldn't be moving forward. Pity, I would have been excellent at this job and I think that the HR people are just going through the motions and aren't really passionate about their role for ReyRey.

Automotive Business Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds (Denver, CO) in April 2015.

Interview

spend 21/2 hours filling out assessments, including math algebra, personality etc. then a call back to interview with recruiter, a weird additional 2nd application, Ex; what did your father and mother do for a living, then nothing but a form letter saying not interested. WOW 3 weeks several assessments and never talked to a hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• They asked me twice, once by the asst. recruiter and again by the corporate recruiter , "are you interviewing with other companies"   1 Answer

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds (Houston, TX) in April 2015.

Interview

Face to Face interview. There was a test on computer. They dd not ask any questions related to Software developer position. The process was very easy. But the questions asked were irrelevant. The time given for the test to complete was very less. I'm sure the person who put up the questions would not be able to complete the test in the given time.

Applications Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds (Houston, TX) in April 2015.

Interview

First you take a personality test and ethic questionaire which they sent to you in an email. Then you schedule a date to come in to take the aptitude test. On the day of my aptitude test, I was also interviewed through skype by a recruiter, and a face to face with a senior manager. Then I came back 3 days later for a face to face interview with the VP of the department. I was not prepared for these interviews because I was not told I would be interview on the same day as my test.

QA Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in College Station, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds (College Station, TX) in April 2015.

Interview

Took online assessment, was scheduled to come in to the testing center to take the full fledged assessment which is all timed in a total of 45 mins. 30 mins algebra (no calculator), 10 mins letter sequencing, 5 mins pattern sequencing. Not much you can prepare on for the sequencing, just need to be a quick problem solver. After taking the tests I was asked if I was interested in other fields of work with them, I agreed that I was but mostly seeking the QA analyst. Also asked if I was only looking for a position at the specific location. Of course also asked if I smoked. I was told recruiting will take a look at everything and see where I best fit. Very doubtful that I will be offered a position as a QA, but I'm eager. Tests were quite difficult.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds in April 2015.

Interview

The process begins with a series of assessments that will take at least two and a half hours. It felt like sitting down to take the SAT's, and I was left wondering what any of it had to do with the position itself. Next a phone interview, fairly standard. Following that was a Skype interview which was a bit more in-depth. Then comes another assessment, maybe 30 questions that all seemed to ask "do you steal or do drugs?" Then comes the LONG form application which way too many irrelevant personal questions - Names, location and occupations of my in-laws? Is that really your business? Next they ask that you sign a 7 page legal-ese document to conduct a background investigation. At this point I started to see some red flags, and felt like I was applying for a government security clearance, so I looked around at other reviews. There seems to be a pattern of paranoia and trust issues in this place, so I decided to head for the exit while I was ahead.

Customer Solutions Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds (Houston, TX) in April 2015.

Interview

The interviews started out great. I was recruited via email and asked to do a phone interview to learn more about the job. After that, I was asked to do a Skype interview with the recruiter. This interview went well also and the next step was a Skype interview with the regional manager who I would report directly to. After this interview, I had to do an interview with the East coast manager who was located in Florida. The interview went really well and was more of a conversation to gauge if I could ask the right questions. I thought that this was possibly the last interview, but I was wrong. The final step was for me to fly to Houston and interview in person. Since the company was going to such great lengths to interview me, I thought the chances of getting the job were pretty high. I was wrong. The Houston interview seemed to go very well until the end when I asked if there were other candidates and the interviewer sort of acted as if he was uncomfortable with me asking that. After over a month of interviews and flying to Houston, I was sent an extremely generic email from HR saying that they were no longer pursuing my application. I expected a phone call or at least a personalized email from them. It was highly unprofessional the way that the rejection was handled.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dayton, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds (Dayton, OH).

Interview

I applied online and received an email letting me know they wanted me to come in for testing/possible interview. There were preliminary psych evaluations, "ethics" tests, and IQ tests I had to take before showing up that required a little less than two hours to complete. When I showed up I had to go through more tests! They were much of the same (IQ and personality tests). Mind you I have not spoken to anyone up to this point. Well, I finish up and they tell me to wait out in the lobby, which I figured was a good sign since others were not asked to do so. Well, I go in for an interview with a girl who tells me the position I applied for was already filled and that I could apply for another one...okaaaaaay that sort of thing shouldn't happen. Well I guess their extensive computer testing is like the sorting hat from Hogwartz so who am I to question it? Well I went through a few more interviews after her that were a surprising contrast to the rigidity of the previous portion of the interview process. Mind you, I got a lot of the usual questions so if you go in there well prepared you should be fine as they really were quite personable. Oddly enough, one of the earliest questions I was asked by the first interviewer was about salary range. I didn't know anything about the job itself and yet I was supposed to answer this question! I ended up giving my expected salary, which is at the lower end of the range I found online, and she said the job was at a lower salary (A LOT less). I had come this far so I figured go on. I guess as part of the formal interview you have to fill out the long form application. This is where things got really weird. I was asked questions about smoking, indirect questions about my marital status, and direct questions about my parents...the whole thing felt really uncomfortable as NONE of that has anything to do with my ability to do the job for which I had not even applied for in the first place. Well, I was there so I answered them and was administered an oral drug test right then and there. A few weeks later I received an offer for about twenty percent less than my lowest expected salary range and I tell you what I did my research on that end so what gives?

Interview Questions

• What was your parents' education level/occupation?   1 Answer
    • Do you smoke?   1 Answer
    • What would your spouse have to say about your career something or another?   1 Answer

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds (Arlington, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

There are three steps to get the job. They will give you id and pasword of the assessments site. Ø Application Here you have to give your information about your work experience, education history and about your self like gender, race etc. Ø The Personality Assessment This survey consists of two untimed sections and four timed sections. This will take approximately 45 minutes to complete. Ø The Aptitude test This is a three-section logic and reasoning test. Try and set aside an hour when you can best minimize distractions. Once you login, you’ll be unable to stop at any point. You may not use a calculator. We recommend that you have scratch paper available when taking the test. You are penalized for answering incorrectly, but NOT for questions left unanswered. Difficulty level: easy, Medium.

Interview Questions

• Reynolds and Reynolds Sample Test Problems All applicants at Reynolds and Reynolds must complete our pre-employment testing. The logic and aptitude test contains three timed sections. All questions are multiple choice. The test is not designed for you to finish. DO NOT GUESS! Section 1: 15 minutes This part tests your ability to detect sequential patterns. The questions consist of a series of letters from the alphabet. You must select the letter to complete the series. Example: C, D, F, G, J, K, O, P, __ What letter would complete this list? Answer: C, D, F, G, J, K, O, P, U Section 2: 15 minutes This section measures your ability to determine spatial relationships. These questions contain a series of shapes that rotate and move in patterns. You must identify the shape with the proper positioning to complete the series. Example: Which one of these shapes will complete the above series? A B C D E Answer: E Section 3: 30 minutes The last section tests your math aptitude with word problems (percentages, fractions, and algebra). You will not be permitted to use a calculator. As with the other sections, all questions are multiple choice. Below are some examples of typical word problems. The answers can be found at the end. 1. In a certain company, 30 percent of the men and 20 percent of the women attend night school. If 40 percent of all employees are men, what percent of all the employees attend night school? a. 15 b. 24 c. 35 d. 44 e. none 2. The length of the shadow of a flagpole was found to be 72 feet. The shadow of a 3 foot picket fence in line with the flagpole was 4 feet. What is the height of the flagpole? a. 54 feet b. 63 feet c. 27 feet d. 84 feet e. none 3. The sum of both digits, of either of two two-digit numbers, in whatever order the digits are written, is 9. The square of either of the digits of either number, minus the product of both digits, plus the square of the other digit is the number 21. The numbers are _______? a. 36, 63 b. 81, 18 c. 27, 72 d. 45, 54 e. none 4. If a boat goes downstream 72 miles in 3 hours and upstream 60 miles in 6 hours, the rate of the river and the rate of the boat in still water respectively are ________? a. 7 & 16 mph b. 7 & 17 mph c. 6 & 17 mph d. 6 & 18 mph e. none 5. Three times the square of a certain positive number exceeds six times the number by nine. Find the number: a. 3 b. 6 c. 4 d. 9 e. none 6. The width of a rectangle is 15 feet less than its length, and the perimeter is 210 feet. Find the width: a. 60 feet b. 35 feet c. 45 feet d. 40 feet e. none 7. If 6 men can do a piece of work in 14 days, how many men are needed to do the work in 21 days? a. 3 b. 9 c. 5 d. 4 e. none 8. The sum of two numbers is 17 and the sum of their square is 145. Find the larger number. a. 10 b. 11 c. 8 d. 9 e. none 9. A certain sum of money is invested at 10%. Twice that amount is invested at 8%. The total amount of interest from both investments is $91. How much is invested at 8%? a. $350 b. $500 c. $1000 d. $700 e. none 10. A mother left 20% of her estate to one son and 25% to another son. The remaining $55,000 she left to her daughter. Find the amount of the estate: a. $90,000 b. $100,000 c. $110,000 d. $120,000 e. none ANSWERS 1. B 2. A 3. D 4. B 5. A 6. C 7. D 8. D 9. D 10. B   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds.

Interview

Applied through school, then received link to take online assessment. Do not take this assessment if you don't have the time or the attention at that moment. It was very lengthy and required a lot of brain power to complete.