Reynolds and Reynolds Interview Questions

Updated Jul 24, 2015

3.1

Marketing Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds.

Interview

I responded to their online job listing with my resume. I received a message back asking that I come in for testing and a possible interview. They sent along some peculiar tests for me to do at home that included psych evals and IQ testing. The whole process took a couple hours and I ended up not getting asked to stay for an interview. From what I can tell they have a very particular type of personality they want for their company. I received word back a little while after that day that they were going with different options. All in all I would consider the entire experience a waste of time. I had put together a tailored resume with relevant school/intern experience but did not speak with one person. It was not until I came on here afterwards that I realized that is their method. Let the computers do all of the evaluations for you. Applicants end up spending a day preparing and performing tests only to get dismissed in seconds. I doubt they even looked at my resume...

Software Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds in March 2015.

Interview

They gave you a link and ask you to take tests including personal assessment and mathematical evaluations. It took about 2 hours to finish all the questions. Kind of boring. All applicants at Reynolds and Reynolds must complete our pre-employment testing. The logic and aptitude test contains three timed sections. All questions are multiple choice.

Interview Questions

• Mental Acuity – 15 minutes Business Terms/Memory Recall – 5 minutes Vocabulary – 4 minutes Perception – 3 minutes Mechanical Interest – not timed Personality – not timed In a certain company, 30 percent of the men and 20 percent of the women attend night school. If 40 percent of all employees are men, what percent of all the employees attend night school?   2 Answers

Marketing Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dayton, OH

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds (Dayton, OH).

Interview

A 30 minute online assessment, an IQ test in person, and five interviews later...I was declined a position at the company. The woman I interviewed with seemed to think highly of my qualifications. The men I interviewed with were arrogant, questioned my knowledge about cars, and even asked about my family and whether I had any children.

Interview Questions

• Have you purchased a car and what was the process like for you?   Answer Question

Quality Assurance Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dayton, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds (Dayton, OH) in March 2015.

Interview

3 tiered approach. I was first contacted via e-mail, asking if I would complete tests online. Upon completion, I was invited to a group testing process after which others were asked to leave for further contact. I was asked to stayed and had 2 further interviews. My desired job was not granted but I was offered another, which I accepted.

Interview Questions

• What are some of the larger projects that you have worked ion in the past.   Answer Question

Reynolds Solutions Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in DeKalb, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds (DeKalb, IL) in March 2015.

Interview

The whole process that Reynolds & Reynolds uses makes it seem like they are running around like a chicken with its head cut off. Originally, I applied for a Sales Representative trainee position. My application went through and by the next day I had received an email asking me to complete an online skills assessment. I did not think this would be too bad so I started it and boy was I wrong. The test took me almost two hours and tested me on how well I can recognize patterns. I can't see what this has to do with being a sales rep. Next, I received a call saying that they likes the results of the test and wanted to do phone screening with me. This was not bad and went rather smoothly. Then the next day I received yet another call for the same exact thing. I took it again and at the end of the call, they told me that they felt that I would fit better in a different role with them and asked me if I would like to pursue the Reynolds Solution Specialist role instead. I said ok and proceeded with that. The next step had me do a skype interview with the recruiter. About a week later, I was asked to take the same test that I originally had done, only this time I would have to make sure they could monitor me. I understand why but this was a total pain in the butt. After that, I had to do another skype interview with the manager of the area that I would be working for if I were to be hired. That wasn't too bad, except for the fact that I was on skype with the guy while he was sitting in his living room with a lot going on behind him. Then I had a skype interview with one of the directors at their Houston location. Again, he seemed like he had no idea what was happening and I was starting to get bad vibes from being pushed around from interview to interview with no sight of the end. Finally, I heard back days later that I was going to meet with a rep that was in my area. They had me drive to meet her out at a Panera bread in business professional attire. It was a little much for the atmoshpere. The funny thing is, during this stage, I was not asked any interview questions. Just merely talked with rep about sports the whole time. About a week after that, I finally got an email telling me that my skills would be better utilized at a position that was currently unavailable at the company and that they would keep my file on hand if it ever opens up. REALLY?!?!?!?!?! All of that to be told that I would be better suited for a different position in the company when I was switched to a position that was supposedly better for me? This company seems to not know what is going on half of the time and I couldn't be more displeased with my experience.

Interview Questions

• Are you ok with relocating?   1 Answer

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds (Houston, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

When I came into the interview, I was put into a small room and had to take a 15-20 minute test. It consisted of logic puzzles and algebra questions. Nothing to do with the position I was applying for. Afterwards, I had a Skype interview with a recruiter in a different city.

Applications Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds (Houston, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

Applied online. Received appointment scheduling request the same week (time slots given were 2 weeks from the date I received request) and I scheduled the appointment. Once I scheduled the appointment, received email to complete three items - an Application, Personality Assessment, and Ethics Assessment. Those have to completed prior to appointment time. Appointment was scheduled for an Aptitude Test

Interview Questions

• The Aptitude Test - The logic and aptitude test contains three timed sections - alphabet sequence, spatial relationship & mathematics. All questions are multiple choice. If you are lucky, you will see the same questions as in the sample test itself. I didn't do well in the test. Reason I could think of - I didn't take a timed sample test and somehow I had it in mind algebra is the only topic to be covered in mathematics which was not true. Please ask for extra scribbling paper before you enter for text. One paper was not enough for me and there was no one inside the room to provide you extra papers.   Answer Question

Software Development Interview

Anonymous Employee in College Station, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds (College Station, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied online and got an email in two weeks. You should finish an online test and schedule the date before interview. The online personality assessment takes about one hour and there are too many questions. On that date you should go to the company and take another aptitude test. There are also too much question and do not believe you can finish them in the limited time. After the test the stuff will ask you some question about yourself and they will email you the decision in next week.

IT Operations Interview

Anonymous Employee in College Station, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds (College Station, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

I received an email saying that the company was interested in me. They required me to fill out an application, take a personality test, and then an aptitude test. The whole process took 3 hours for me. I was then scheduled for a Skype interview and I was told if they are further interested in me, there will be another interview after that. A week later, I was thanked for applying for Reynolds and Reynolds.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds.

Interview

Was invited to campus for a series of tests. Upon completion of these tests I had a short interview with a recruiter. After this interview I had another interview with a hiring manager. I was contacted a week later via e-mail that they were no longer interested in pursuing me as a candidate.

Interview Questions

• Standard interview questions.   1 Answer