Reynolds and Reynolds Interview Questions

Updated Aug 26, 2015

3.1

IT Desktop Tech Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dayton, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds (Dayton, OH) in May 2015.

Interview

Application and testing, followed by onsite proctored testing in a small room with a lot of other candidates. After the test was over you were either asked to wait for an interviewer or you were told "we'll let you know".

Interview Questions

• What did I find appealing about working at Reynolds, and where did I see myself in the next 2 to 3 years if hired.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds in May 2015.

Interview

They replied to me fast. The questionnaire was extensive and I felt like some were irrelevant to the job I applied for. They asked questions about number, letter, and shape patterns. I didn't mind it but I felt like they were unnecessary for the Call Analyst job.

Interview Questions

• Will you now or in the future require visa sponsorship for employment at Reynolds and Reynolds?   1 Answer
    • Do you smoke or use tobacco products?   1 Answer
    • Have you ever been convicted of a felony?   1 Answer
    • What are your annual income requirements (even if negotiable, please provide a desired range)?   1 Answer
    • Are you legally eligible to work in the United States?   1 Answer

Recruiting Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in College Station, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds (College Station, TX).

Interview

Detached and impersonal. I understand they need to assess the critical and logical thinking of those applying for jobs requiring those skills, but I felt like I was taking the SAT test all over again. I was completely unprepared for that level of skills assessment for a recruiting assistant position. Totally unnecessary and rediculous!

Interview Questions

• All the relevant questions about background, relevant experience.   1 Answer

Programming Interview

Anonymous Employee in College Station, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds (College Station, TX).

Interview

The first step was an easy phone screen about my education history and skills. Before I came in for the in-person interview I had to complete several online screenings. The in-person interview was easy and straightforward, just asking about previous work experience and extolling the bottom up promotion style of the company. There was also around 1 or 2 hours of further computer based testing on reaction times and personality assessments, kind of weird for the position.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds.

Interview

Really long and tough, not the best at keeping you informed and sometimes hard to see where it was going. Basically there was a phone interview, online math and aptitude tests which were long and difficult. Then there was an in person interview and a skype interview that were about an hour or more each with a lot of sincere questions - they expected me to have a lot of questions as well. Then there was a proctored math test to ensure I was not using a calculator and it was very similar and had some of the same questions as the last exam - still tough and long. It took about two months and it was so annoying, but if it's something you really want it is definitely worth following through.

Interview Questions

• I saw on google that you have done reports on (insert blank here). Tell me about it.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds.

Interview

Had to go through a long exam that involved math algebra and english. Nothing Engineering related. Questions are basic. They send you a document with a several type of questions that they will ask. Highly suggest to do them before attempting the actual test. Felt disappointed and didn't really understand the whole point of that test.

Customer Training Professional Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds (San Jose, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

It's not a terrible process if you know what to expect, but do be prepared to spend a lot of time filling out paperwork. I applied online through my university's career center. A week later I get an email asking me to take an online assessment, which I do. Same IQ, personality, math sections that everyone else had. A few days afterwards, I get a follow-up phone call from a HR recruiter who wanted to clarify some questions about my resume. She was very nice and polite through the process, and it ended with me moving on to a Skype call with her in two weeks. During the Skype session, she was again very polite and outgoing; she asked me to fill out an Ethics Assessment, an extended application, and a background check permission form at the end. I did so; a day later I got the dreaded "we will contact you in 3-5 days", and 5 days later I was told the application process was not moving forward. From my own experience and from others' comments, my advice to potential applicants is to anticipate each step in the process and be ready to respond to what is expected of you. This company is very stringent about adhering to its process, so you need to read all of their instructions carefully. The ethics assessment clearly stated that you should try to answer "totally agree" or "totally disagree" as much as possible; I did not do that and I believe that contributed to my rejection. They will not hesitate to drop you at any point in the process if things are not going the way they want them; this will be prefaced by a vague and formal message about "contacting you in x number of days." As soon as you get this, you should really start to cut your losses; at least reducing it so you don't have everything committed to working with the company. Bottom line is this: if you really want to work for this company, read up about its history and policies and listen carefully to everything the recruiter tells you. Follow ALL instructions to the letter and be proactive in asking questions if something is unclear. If you start getting really formal and vague replies, cut your losses and move on to another application. They know what they're looking for, and if you don't fit the bill then you're chances are slim.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds in April 2015.

Interview

Received an email from HR to schedule an on campus aptitude test. Once the date for testing is confirmed I was asked to complete an online assessment and application. The at home took about an hour and the on campus test took another hour. Received an email saying they will not continue with the process. Guess I didn't "pass" the test. The whole process is a huge waste of my time and I was not even asked for an phone interview.

Interview Questions

• the aptitude test has 3 sections, pattern recognition, shape/IQ test and applied algebra   Answer Question

Customer Training Professional Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds (Tampa, FL) in April 2015.

Interview

Lengthy test via home computer, which was soon followed with a request for a job interview. Completed the 30 min Skype session and was sent an additional test on ethics and a long form application. Completed both and about two days later received an email stating that they wish me luck on my job search but we wouldn't be moving forward. Pity, I would have been excellent at this job and I think that the HR people are just going through the motions and aren't really passionate about their role for ReyRey.

Automotive Business Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds (Denver, CO) in April 2015.

Interview

spend 21/2 hours filling out assessments, including math algebra, personality etc. then a call back to interview with recruiter, a weird additional 2nd application, Ex; what did your father and mother do for a living, then nothing but a form letter saying not interested. WOW 3 weeks several assessments and never talked to a hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• They asked me twice, once by the asst. recruiter and again by the corporate recruiter , "are you interviewing with other companies"   1 Answer