Reynolds and Reynolds

Relevance Date Difficulty

Customer Training Professional Interview

Customer Training Professional
Houston, TX

I applied online and the process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds in February 2014.

Interview Details – Applied online, then about a month later I received an email from them asking me to take 3 tests. There were closer to 7 or 8 tests, some asking about your preferences, and some were logic/numbers based. Altogether, it took a little over 2 hours for me to complete. The questions were straightforward, but the time constraints made the process stressful. I didn't feel like I did particularly well on the tests, but 3 days later I got a call from a recruiter asking to set up a skype interview. The lady I corresponded with was extremely nice and made the process easy. She asked me some basic questions and talked to me about the company and then told me that she would be sending me a long form application and another personality test to complete. After I did that, I got another call about 3 days later asking to set up an interview with one of the managers. I decided not to continue with the process.

Interview Question – What do you know about the company? Why do you want to work here? Are you comfortable with the 80% travel requirement? What is your biggest strength/weakness?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern
Dayton, OH

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds.

Interview Details – I originally applied to a specific internship position through email. I was emailed back and requested to take the online ethics and skills assessments. After completing those satisfactorily, I was asked to set up a Skype interview. After passing that, I was asked to complete a "Long Form" application. I received a call to come in and formally take the assessments when all my information was received. The aptitude test was simple, and afterwards I was given a tour of the facility and told to sit in a room and wait for someone to interview me. When the interviewer finally came in, I realized that I was being interviewed for a position that had absolutely nothing to do with the original position I applied to. The entire process was time consuming, and the disorganization of the entire process made me question the entire company structure. After reading the negative reviews from current employees and others who have gone through the interview process, I can say that I am happy that I did not get a position with Reynolds.

Interview Question – How much do you make at your current position?   View Answer

Summer Intern Interview

Summer Intern
Houston, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds in February 2014.

Interview Details – I went in for a aptitude test, along with dozens of other people. Looked like they were doing some extreme filtering, or they just had to meet a certain number per school? I'm not really sure.

Interview Question – Aptitude test was very difficult, and was designed so you are not able to finish it.   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Customer Service Interview

Customer Service

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds.

Interview Details – if you do not pass the test, you will not get an interview.

Software Developer Interview

Software Developer
Houston, TX

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds in March 2014.

Interview Details – So, I applied for Software Developer position at Reynolds and Reynolds on some job portal. I was contacted by recruiter and asked to come to Houston office to take an assessment. Assessment wasnt hard at all, and as I found out later, I passed it. After I finished the test, I was asked if I have time to meet with recruiter. I had a short meeting with a recruiter. After that I had an interview with department Manager. Last interview that day was with department Director. Basically, I had 3 interviews and 1 hour long test all in one day. Then they made an appointment for me with Vice President for the next week.
After a week I had an interview with Vice President, which went pretty well. He told me that I am a good fit and that he thinks that I am capable of doing the kind of job they provide. He walked me out and told me that I would be contacted by a recruiter regarding further details after several days. I was pretty sure that I got the job. I didnt see any reasons why I wouldnt.
One week passed and I didnt hear nothing from them. I wrote a follow up email to them asking about the status of my application. They told me that they are reviewing my application. After several days I was contacted by Reynolds and Reynolds representative from Dayton, Ohio, saying that I didnt get a job. (Even though I had interviews in Houston not Dayton.)
Anyway, I think that this company is not a good place to work. Before I went to an interview, I saw that they got 2 starts out of 5 on Glassdoor and I was surprised, but now I see that they are worth it.
Waste of time, because I took several days of in order to attend the interviews in Reynolds and Reynolds, which last at least 2-3 hours. My suggestion is that stay away from that company.

Interview Question – How negotiable is the salary? (They are real cheapskates...)   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Hardware Support Interview

Hardware Support
Kettering, OH

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds in May 2011.

Interview Details – Lots of tests and questions. There were a lot of questions on these tests.

Interview Question – Weakness   Answer Question

Student Inventory Interview

Student Inventory
Houston, TX

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds in January 2013.

Interview Details – interview is a type of employment test that involves a conversation between a job applicant and representative of the employing organization.[1] Interviews are one of the most popularly used devices for employee selection.[2] Interviews vary in the extent to which the questions are structured, from totally unstructured and free-wheeling conversation, to a set list of questions each applicant is asked.[3] Research has shown that structured interviews are more valid than unstructured, that is, they are more accurate in predicting which applicants will make good employees.[4]

Interview Question – interview is a type of employment test that involves a conversation between a job applicant and representative of the employing organization.[1] Interviews are one of the most popularly used devices for employee selection.[2] Interviews vary in the extent to which the questions are structured, from totally unstructured and free-wheeling conversation, to a set list of questions each applicant is asked.[3] Research has shown that structured interviews are more valid than unstructured, that is, they are more accurate in predicting which applicants will make good employees.[4]   View Answer

Intern/Open to Different Positions Interview

Intern/Open to Different Positions
College Station, TX

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds in April 2014.

Interview Details – I originally signed up to be considered for a job when they posted on careerbuilder that they were looking for all employees and recent college graduates. I received a message back within 3 days of sending my resume in from Hr department. I was sent a pre-assessment test to do online and answer allot of questions. I was told at the bottom of the message to respond back if I had any questions about the assessment or forms. I filled out the forms and alot of the questions make you select things that did not apply such as "only whatever state residents have to answer" but it would not let you proceed without answering the questions. I sent this to the Hr department and never got a response back from them. I said ok whatever I will just continue. After I got done with the pre-assessment and it got sent in, I was contacted by someone else who wanted to set up an interview. I set up the interview and went to it about a week later. When I got there I had a computer room to go to with about 8-12 other people in it doing the computer assessment on site. The questions were very strange and I did not see any reason for them to make you do this assessment as maybe it was good practice but it would not apply to the positions that I was applying for or many of them. They were hiring for general maintenance and janitors and whatnot and I see no reason for janitors to have a very high sat score as basically this was that kind of test. It had geometrical figures and sentence building and things like that. I was not given a grade on what I made and for all I know I could have passed it and they "were considering other applicants" is all the info I was given after being done with the process and sent home. I did not find out they were considering other applicants till I got another email from them about a week later. I was not very turned on by their test and seen it as a waste of time/complete mind shaft. Basically they want structured people that can prepare for this assessment and give structured answeres. I graduated magma cum laude with honors from college and this test although I did in college/etc, it was like wtf is this sh*t.

Interview Question – We started with a object/shape and flipped and inverted it to where you can not see the lines in the object and masked it. We will present you a series of objects that resemble or closely resemble or not at all resemble the first object. Figure out if the objects are either the same, different, or none at all. Basically might as well just guess on this crap because the images are distorted and can not be accurately figured out.   View Answer

Data Analyst Interview

Data Analyst
College Station, TX

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds in April 2014.

Interview Details – Got contacted by a recruiter. I took an online assessment (1hr long), followed by a second online assessment at their offices (1hr long). Then followed by a 5 minutes talk with a recruiter.

Interview Question – Fraction question on the online assessment.   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Part-time Hardware Repair & Manufacturing Interview

Part-time Hardware Repair & Manufacturing
College Station, TX

Interview Details – Spent my personal time taking the stupid personality test, then went to their facility to take the Aptitude test. They told me after the test that they will contact me within 3 business days. They end up emailing me a week later that I did not get the job. Waste of time. Will never apply to this stupid company again.

Interview Question – What the hell are y'all trying to determine with the stupid aptitude test?   Answer Question