Reynolds and Reynolds Interview Questions

Updated Sep 9, 2014
Updated Sep 9, 2014

3.1

Tech Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds.

lots of stuff, seemed important but it wasnt. managers have final say. made you take tests and seemed like a good opportunity bc the HR people are very well put together and separate from the rest of the cult

Maintenance Tech Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  College Station, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in College Station, TX

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds in May 2014.

I applied online for the "General Internship" position which did not have a definite description. I was contacted back in about 2 weeks to schedule a time to come into their facility for an assessment test and possible interview. I was also sent a link to complete a personality test and another assessment test. Some of it was timed and others weren't. These had to be completed before the scheduled interview.
    I went in for the assessment test on the scheduled day dressed for a possible interview. The staff in the recruitment office were friendly. I filled a form and was led to the testing room. No phones or calculators were allowed for the test. The test was timed and took about an hour to complete. I was asked to wait to interview. I then waited about 45 minutes before someone came in to talk to me.
    He asked mostly about my resume and some behavioral questions. We spent about 10-15 minutes talking and then he led me back to the testing room to complete two other questionnaires including a "Long Form."
    That was the end of the process and I'm waiting to hear back.

IT Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds in May 2014.

I sent in my résumé via email per the job description web page. In this email, they ask you a few basic questions, such as eligibility to work in the United States, and whether or not you're a tobacco user (this company is heavy against their employees using tobacco, whether or not on company time).

A few weeks later, I had an initial contact email from a recruiter to take some online assessments. It took me nearly two and a half hours to complete this portion. It's basically an IQ test -- algebra, shape patterns, etc. It's nowhere near related to the job and is probably the most ridiculous I've ever had to do for a job application.

A couple of days later, I was contacted by a recruiter to set up a Skype interview. We set up the interview for the following day. In this interview, they asked basic HR questions (strengths/weaknesses, etc.). The recruiter sent me an email after this interview to have me fill out a longer, more detailed application as well as an ethics test and background check authorization form. I filled these out and emailed these back to the recruiter.

The recruiter called me a few days later and set up an interview with a manager at the Houston facility. I went the following day and spoke with him. They had me re-do an hour's worth of that IQ testing (which, after reading more on Glassdoor, seems pretty standard). The manager seemed to be really pleased with me and my experience, and I figured everything went well. It was at this point that he said the starting salary for this position is $29,000 with eligibility for raises at the 120 day mark (Also, they're looking for someone to do an evening/overnight shift. No chance starting out at 8-5 M-F.). This was far significantly lower than what I had marked as my salary requirements on my initial email to the recruiting office -- no, I didn't request anything crazy for a starting position like $50k. It was rather insulting that the company had strung me along that far knowing that they weren't going to be able to come anywhere near my salary requirements. The manager wanted to set up a Skype interview with one of the higher-ups. We set it up for the following week. I wasn't feeling good about the company so far, but I figured I would go along with the rest of the interview process since the next interview was a Skype interview and would take little effort for me to do other than dressing up nicely and combing my hair.

I interviewed with the higher-up and he asked me some basic questions. He quickly brought up the salary issue. He didn't even offer up any negotiation. It was then that he told me that I would not be a good fit for this position.

My advice to this company would be this: if you know you do not plan on hiring a specific candidate and that you cannot even come close to their salary requirements, don't waste their time in having them go through multiple interviews when they can be a better fit somewhere else.

Interview Questions
    • Be ready to discuss classes you took in college and how they will apply to this position.   Answer Question

Graphic Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds.

I took about 3 pre-employment tests that lasted a couple of hours. One test asks about your parents and their occupations. Quite a few questions about marijuana. It seemed like the tests were designed for ex-military personnel looking for full-time work.
    After a successful screening, you will talk to a recruiter who will decide if you will interview for the job that you applied for or if they prefer that you applied for the graphic designer/specialist job. Seems to have high-turnover according to the other reviews from ex-employees.
    Then you will get another interview from the department lead/mgr that lasts 45 minutes to an hour.
    And if you pass, you will get a tour of the building and area where you would work.
    But wait theres more...
    Before you are actually offered the job, you must take another graphic design test for car dealership postcards that is emailed to you to complete in 24 hours!

Interview Questions
    • Please create a postcard campaign for one of our automotive clients.   Answer Question

Hardware Field Engineer Interview

Saw the opening online and applied for it on a Wednesday. Received an email requesting I complete an online assessment and an EEO form the next day. I completed the forms that evening (Thursday).

The following day, as I was about to enter the dentist's office, I received a voice message and an email from a recruiter. She wanted to 'discuss my application' and 'possibly schedule a Skype interview.' Since I was about to go under anesthesia, I quickly replied to her email, explaining the situation and asking if I could call her on Monday.

No reply received from the recruiter. I tried to call on Monday - the recruiter was out of the office. Left a voice message.

The position was re-posted online Monday as well

Tuesday came and went. I decided that pursuing this job any further was a waste of time and moved on with my job search.

Besides, I don't use Skype or even have a webcam currently - I wonder what the recruiter does in such cases?

POSTSCRIPT:

Have received two voice messages from the recruiter, again wanting to set up a 'Skype interview' (I guess the part about discussing my application is out the window!) because the hiring manager apparently expects to have a face to face interview with the finalists for the position early next week. This time, I didn't bother to reply.

Reynolds and Reynolds Response

May 29, 2014Corporate Communications

We apologize for the delay in someone contacting you. If you would like to send your contact information directly to me, I would be happy to look into your application.

As far as the type of
    ... More

Marketing Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds.

If pre selected you have to choose a date for an interview. It took them a couple of days to tell me that the days selected weren't good and to choose other dates. After receiving a date you take a couple of personality tests from home and then take other assessments at their offices.

Interview Questions
    • Brush up on your algebra for the assessments you will take at their offices.   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Got an email about a possible interview and assessment. The assessment is pretty much impossible to complete in the given time. The questions themselves aren't very difficult for people with good math skills, but the sheer volume of things to be calculated by hand (no calculators involved) makes it difficult to get through all of it. Also, you get points off for wrong answers(so it was like a bad SAT flashback). The process after completion is fairly vague. I definitely didn't like how this was conducted.

Traveling Representative Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds.

This interview process was a COMPLETE waist of my time. I first received an email letting me know they were interested in me. However, I was first to complete 3 different assessments consisting of an application, personality test, and aptitude assessment. I was hesitant to spend my time on all of these 3 tests but, as a recent college graduate, I am eager to begin a new career as soon as possible. I ended up taking the tests and it took me close to 4 hours!! The application and the personality test are pretty straight forward, however, the aptitude consisted of pattern sequencing, and algebraic word problems. You are not allowed to use a calculated and you are given really short time period to complete everything. I received a call the next day from the recruiter wanting to set up a Skype interview. I assumed that by some miracle I scored well enough on their ridiculous test to move on. After my first Skype interview I was sent what was called a "long form applications and an ethics assessment." The ethics assessment was pretty straight forward but the long form application asked a ridiculous amount of personal questions, like "what aspirations does my spouse have for me," as well as "what are my spouses parents occupations." Forgive me, but I don't see how my mother in laws job would be relevant to this at all??? In any case, I completed everything and consequently, was scheduled for a second Skype interview with a general manger. I was then moved to my third Skype interview. I really thought I would be getting a job offer during my third interview but that never happened. Instead, I was asked the same questions over and over again from my previous interviews. Finally, I mastered the courage to ask what was happening next. He told me I would have to RETAKE the aptitude test I took at the very beginning, but this time proctored by Skype!! Not only is this belittling, but a complete waist of time. Why wouldn't they have me take a proctored test the very first time, instead of having me go through 3 Skype interviews AND countless of assessments after. I can imagine the aptitude test is designed to weed out those who don't take the time to commit and take it. But this test becomes irrelevant when i've had 3 Skype interviews with them obviously telling them that I am no idiot. AND if by some miracle I passed again, I would be flown to Houston only to have MORE INTERVIEWS!! They target recent college grads who are desperate for a job and take them through hell and back only to then say there not interested in you anymore. The whole process took a month. What a waist!!! i wish I would have listened to the reviews on here and stayed away.

Interview Questions
    • Aptitude word problems. Interview questions were pretty straight forward. By the way, they ask you if you are a frequent smoker. They absolutely will NOT hire you if you smoke.   Answer Question

Not Disclosing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Kettering, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kettering, OH

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds in March 2014.

Initial contact was via e-mail and I was asked to come in for an assessment and possibly an interview (if the recruiters had time). I confirmed a testing time for the following week and went in on time. You are placed in a computer room with about 8-10 other individuals testing. After the test was completed, we waited around until the recruiter asked about 6 of the 10 applicants to go home and to keep an eye on their e-mail. The other four of us were interviewed by a recruiter individually. During the recruiter interview, she suggested that I consider other positions than I had initially applied for. Honestly, she presented me with a better-suited position and I agreed to interview for that.
    After the recruiter interview, we were each asked to complete another application which just asks stuff like general interests and habits. Once that was finished, I met with someone from the department that the recruiter suggested. Finally, the VP of that department came in for another interview.
    Following the interview with the VP, I was administered a drug test and background check and was told, "there was no reason not to celebrate." The following week, I was offered the position.

Interview Questions
    • You are given an assessment similar to the practice exam e-mailed to you after confirming your testing date. Brush up on your algebra, and be able to pull out information quickly from word problems.They are not terribly difficult but were lengthy. I was able to finish the first two (alpha-sequence and pattern recognition) just within the time frame, but only completed about 70% of the mathematics portion since they were lengthy word problems. Brush up on your algebra, as this is all it is.
      The recruiter's questions were typical interview questions: strengths, weaknesses, where do you see yourself in 3, 5 or 10 years, etc. You will not be caught off-guard by any of these if you've prepared.
      The department interviews were geared toward the position itself, so these questions will vary from position to position.

Just a note: These guys interview probably dozens of people each week. They can smell BS a mile away. Your best bet is to be honest, smile, and relax. Don't tell them what you think they want to hear, and don't give them generic answers to the interview questions.
        Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Kettering, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kettering, OH

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds in March 2014.

I applied in March and was contacted within a few days to set up an interview. I performed approximately 3 hours worth of pre-interview tests at home (vocab, math, history, personality, ethics) before ever going in. Upon my arrival I was ushered into a room to perform an IQ test, more math assessments, and one last personality exam. Afterwards I went through a series of four interviews lasting about half an hour each over several hours (lots of waiting), which culminated in my being given the long form application (including the type of questions below) and eventually administered an on-site oral drug test and assenting to a background check. I was told the drug screening was "a good sign." The whole thing from testing to interviews lasts about 8 hours and has nearly a dozen and a half ways in which to dismiss your candidacy so I would have to regard it as an overall arduous process given the entry level position being sought. On the other hand, Reynolds and Reynolds has pretty much responded naturally to the economic times they live in so one can hardly be surprised to see them asking for every piece of information they can from of their prospective employees even if the position is entry level and lower than average pay.

I don't blindly submit applications. I knew about Reynolds and Reynolds reputation and attrition rate before submitting my resume but I feel I can circumvent this problem by just being a better employee and worse comes to worst I can move on. I pretty much only see people in their early twenties working there so I assume what has been said elsewhere on this site about Reynolds is likely true in the way of employees leaving but who knows? Nevertheless, I want the opportunity so I am taking it.

Advice: If you have a college degree it is likely the math/logic/history sections will pose no significant threat to your candidacy but definitely do take the practice tests they send you as they will help. Also, I know a little bit about personality assessments and I can tell you Reynolds' exam is a step above the standard test. I highly suggest studying how to take these tests effectively in order to boost your chances of acceptance. I suspect A LOT of candidates unknowingly wash out due to this portion of the hiring process. Also, be prepared for an endurance trial when it comes to the actual interviews. Every interview is a chance to be accepted/dismissed and each subsequent meeting is more important than the last so don't relax your efforts as you move up the gauntlet. If you do well they will ask you to take an onsite drug screening and to allow them access to your credit/criminal background. Lastly, I waited a few weeks before receiving an offer so you may have to be patient.

Interview Questions
    • What ambitions does your spouse have for you? What were your father and mother's education/employment?   View Answer