Reynolds and Reynolds Interview Questions

3.1

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in College Station, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in College Station, TX

The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds in June 2014.

It was the longest, stupidest process. Their was also about 30 other people interviewing for positions. When I finally got done taking all the test on the computer (2 hrs later) they told me the position I came into interview for had already been filled.

Weirdo - Massive, Disrespectful Waste of Time Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds in June 2014.

What hiring? What interview? I don't think they had any jobs!
    They had been advertising for a GRAPHIC DESIGNER.
    I filled out the on-line application and sent them the link to my on-line portfolio. They contacted me back, had me do an oddball on-line "intelligence test" followed by an on-site test (they took our cell-phones before admitting us), neither of which test bore any practical resemblance to anything I have ever encountered in the field in over 30 years. I left the place thoroughly frustrated.
    They e-mailed me back telling me something to the effect of "never apply again"... which was the final insult.
    There were herds of obvious graphic artists with their portfolios going through their entire rigamarole.
    The whole thing smacked of an NSA set-up.
    Nice building, but wouldn't an ad agency show off some of their campaigns in the lobby?

Interview Questions
    • The oddball non-sequitur "intelligence tests", none of which I had ever been exposed to. I spec printing and related stock day in and day out, plus labor, markups, shipping and everything else. This had nothing to do with any of it.   View Answer

Tech Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds.

lots of stuff, seemed important but it wasnt. managers have final say. made you take tests and seemed like a good opportunity bc the HR people are very well put together and separate from the rest of the cult

Graphic Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds.

I took about 3 pre-employment tests that lasted a couple of hours. One test asks about your parents and their occupations. Quite a few questions about marijuana. It seemed like the tests were designed for ex-military personnel looking for full-time work.
    After a successful screening, you will talk to a recruiter who will decide if you will interview for the job that you applied for or if they prefer that you applied for the graphic designer/specialist job. Seems to have high-turnover according to the other reviews from ex-employees.
    Then you will get another interview from the department lead/mgr that lasts 45 minutes to an hour.
    And if you pass, you will get a tour of the building and area where you would work.
    But wait theres more...
    Before you are actually offered the job, you must take another graphic design test for car dealership postcards that is emailed to you to complete in 24 hours!

Interview Questions
    • Please create a postcard campaign for one of our automotive clients.   Answer Question

Hardware Field Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds.

Saw the opening online and applied for it on a Wednesday. Received an email requesting I complete an online assessment and an EEO form the next day. I completed the forms that evening (Thursday).

The following day, as I was about to enter the dentist's office, I received a voice message and an email from a recruiter. She wanted to 'discuss my application' and 'possibly schedule a Skype interview.' Since I was about to go under anesthesia, I quickly replied to her email, explaining the situation and asking if I could call her on Monday.

No reply received from the recruiter. I tried to call on Monday - the recruiter was out of the office. Left a voice message.

The position was re-posted online Monday as well

Tuesday came and went. I decided that pursuing this job any further was a waste of time and moved on with my job search.

Besides, I don't use Skype or even have a webcam currently - I wonder what the recruiter does in such cases?

POSTSCRIPT:

Have received two voice messages from the recruiter, again wanting to set up a 'Skype interview' (I guess the part about discussing my application is out the window!) because the hiring manager apparently expects to have a face to face interview with the finalists for the position early next week. This time, I didn't bother to reply.

Reynolds and Reynolds Response

May 29, 2014Corporate Communications

We apologize for the delay in someone contacting you. If you would like to send your contact information directly to me, I would be happy to look into your application.

As far as the type of
    ... More

Marketing Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds.

If pre selected you have to choose a date for an interview. It took them a couple of days to tell me that the days selected weren't good and to choose other dates. After receiving a date you take a couple of personality tests from home and then take other assessments at their offices.

Interview Questions
    • Brush up on your algebra for the assessments you will take at their offices.   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Got an email about a possible interview and assessment. The assessment is pretty much impossible to complete in the given time. The questions themselves aren't very difficult for people with good math skills, but the sheer volume of things to be calculated by hand (no calculators involved) makes it difficult to get through all of it. Also, you get points off for wrong answers(so it was like a bad SAT flashback). The process after completion is fairly vague. I definitely didn't like how this was conducted.

Administrative Assistant Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds in May 2014.

As you'll read time and time again, their interview process is intense. I applied for about 6 positions within the company, they contacted me within a week via email. After scheduling my proctored exam on campus, I was asked to take a series of assessments. They differ based on the position they are looking at you for. Mine included a morals questionnaire, asked a lot about stealing and smoking pot, so, if you are a klepto or pot-head, need not apply. I also has a number identification test, a lot of word problems. Most of them are timed. I had to take the morals exam over again because I had too many middle ground answers, but it didn't affect me moving forward.
    The assessment on campus is NOT WRITTEN TO BE COMPLETED. Do yourself a favor and STUDY. I spend about an hour the night before working through algebra problems. It wasn't so much so I would get answers correct, it was to help me feel more prepared walking in so I could think clearly.
    After I completed the hour long assessment, I was asked to wait for about 20 minutes to talk with a recruiter. It really does depend on their availability as to whether they talk with you that day or not.
    Recruiter was nice, about mid-20's. I would recommend bringing a resume, I had submitted mine online but she didn't seem to have it with her. She really cared mostly about how I work best and what sort of environment I thrive is.
    In the end, they said I would be a better fit for a position they don't have at the moment and they would keep my resume on file. When they say it, they mean it. A friend of mine applied for one position, took the assessment, they said he would be better for something else and they called and interviewed him a few months later.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing out of the order in the meeting with recruiter, the moral's exam felt like it asked about a lot of gray areas but wanted someone very black and white.   Answer Question

Traveling Representative Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds.

This interview process was a COMPLETE waist of my time. I first received an email letting me know they were interested in me. However, I was first to complete 3 different assessments consisting of an application, personality test, and aptitude assessment. I was hesitant to spend my time on all of these 3 tests but, as a recent college graduate, I am eager to begin a new career as soon as possible. I ended up taking the tests and it took me close to 4 hours!! The application and the personality test are pretty straight forward, however, the aptitude consisted of pattern sequencing, and algebraic word problems. You are not allowed to use a calculated and you are given really short time period to complete everything. I received a call the next day from the recruiter wanting to set up a Skype interview. I assumed that by some miracle I scored well enough on their ridiculous test to move on. After my first Skype interview I was sent what was called a "long form applications and an ethics assessment." The ethics assessment was pretty straight forward but the long form application asked a ridiculous amount of personal questions, like "what aspirations does my spouse have for me," as well as "what are my spouses parents occupations." Forgive me, but I don't see how my mother in laws job would be relevant to this at all??? In any case, I completed everything and consequently, was scheduled for a second Skype interview with a general manger. I was then moved to my third Skype interview. I really thought I would be getting a job offer during my third interview but that never happened. Instead, I was asked the same questions over and over again from my previous interviews. Finally, I mastered the courage to ask what was happening next. He told me I would have to RETAKE the aptitude test I took at the very beginning, but this time proctored by Skype!! Not only is this belittling, but a complete waist of time. Why wouldn't they have me take a proctored test the very first time, instead of having me go through 3 Skype interviews AND countless of assessments after. I can imagine the aptitude test is designed to weed out those who don't take the time to commit and take it. But this test becomes irrelevant when i've had 3 Skype interviews with them obviously telling them that I am no idiot. AND if by some miracle I passed again, I would be flown to Houston only to have MORE INTERVIEWS!! They target recent college grads who are desperate for a job and take them through hell and back only to then say there not interested in you anymore. The whole process took a month. What a waist!!! i wish I would have listened to the reviews on here and stayed away.

Interview Questions
    • Aptitude word problems. Interview questions were pretty straight forward. By the way, they ask you if you are a frequent smoker. They absolutely will NOT hire you if you smoke.   Answer Question

Entry Level Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dayton, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dayton, OH

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds in May 2014.

Went into the office for assessments and received an interview from HR and then managers. It was definitely a long day but I appreciated that they wanted to get it done all at once.

Reynolds and Reynolds Response

Jun 11, 2014Corporate Communications

Welcome to Reynolds! We're glad to have you as part of our team!