Reynolds and Reynolds Marketing Analyst Interview Questions & Reviews

11 interviews

3.2

11 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I interviewed online. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds in April 2014.

Started off applying through LinkedIn. Prior to any interviews you had to complete a very lengthy test with basic math and a lot of "which shape comes next" - a little ridiculous in my opinion. Had an initial phone interview which lasted about 30 minutes, and after that I had to complete a "long form application" with more weird questions. I then had a Skype interview which lasted about 10 minutes and they asked the same questions as the first interviewer, and after that I had another phone interview which lasted about 10 minutes, again asking the same questions.

I asked each interviewer what the job details were since I didn't really get a good response at any point, and each one told me different things. What I thought was supposed to be a marketing position ended up being a newsletter writing position. Extremely confusing.

Interview Questions
  • Pretty basic questions, like why you want the job, what will you bring to the company   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Reynolds and Reynolds

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds in January 2014.

Was called in for pre-employment screening exams. When I arrived there were several other people taking screening exams in the exam room. After the exam was over, I was asked to stay to meet with a recruiter. The recruiter promptly informed me that the position I had originally applied for (Software Education Course Designer) had already been filled but I was recommended to the Marketing Analyst position on the spot. I didn't expect this but it was definitely something I was interested in. From there I was asked to complete a personality assessment to see if "my opinions were in line with that of the company", and a long form employment. After that was done I was asked to stay and speak with a supervisor. The supervisor was very friendly and informative. After the interview I was given a short tour of the facilities and was given an opportunity to sit in with a current employee for about ten minutes. All in all the interview process took about three and a half hours.

I had read previous posts about the organization and went in expecting to take the exam and hear back from them at a later date but was surprised to have gone through such a process almost immediately. I needed to schedule a phone interview as "a lot of the position requires phone calls" so they'd like to verify how you do which I thought was a bit strange. The salary isn't great, but there are opportunities for commission and advancement.

Interview Questions
    • How would I implement SEO features into an email campaign?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds in December 2012.

It began by taking tests in the Reynolds and Reynolds office followed by 3 phone interviews. When at the final in person interview I was keep very secluded as if to keep something hidden from me. They offered me the job but didn't show me to the office or let me meet anyone. Kinda sketchy.

Interview Questions
    • What are your 5 goals you have for your future career.   Answer Question

The pay was too low and the way the interview process was held was just a little sketchy.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I interviewed online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds in April 2012.

long and worthless. they make you take a stupid test that some how is suppose to let them know if you are good for their low paying jobs. then you go through interview after interview going up to 5-6. then the present you with an offer and if you counter offer they get really pissy and threaten to take back the first offer

the dont negotiate

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds in May 2012.

The interview process took approximately two months and included Skype interviews as well as personal interviews. Overall it was your basic questions, why are you interested in this position, how would you describe yourself etc. I would recommend you know the company well and the position you are applying for and be honest about who you are. The position I applied for initially was not the one I was offered but I do feel like they placed me in the section of the company that best suited my personality. You interview many times and they are in depth interviews but well worth it.

Interview Questions
    • You will be asked how much the position you are applying for will make as far as salary and very detailed questions. If you prepare you will be able to answer them.   Answer Question

The move to Houston was something that I was unsure about as well as all the negative reviews about working entry-level for Reynolds and Reynolds were discouraging. After talking to my family and friends they all suggested I look into other options.

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

The process took 5 days - interviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds in February 2012.

I received a phone from a recruiter. I was then sent an invitation to complete an application and an personality assessment prior to my appointment. I was then scheduled five days later to take an aptitude test inside of their office. When I arrived, the receptionist told me that I could potentially meet face to face after testing if the recruiter had time. It consisted of math problems, word choice and vocabulary. It was fairly difficult considering I haven't done algebraic expressions since college. The office was pretty nice. I saw plenty of people in the testing room. No one advanced to a face to face interview. The receptionist looked over my paperwork and told me they would be in touch. A few weeks later, I was notified that they wanted to pursue other candidates. I think it was a total waste of time. This is my second try with this company and I never got any real feedback. The position I was interested in had little to do with math itself so I think the aptitude test is pointless.

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds in October 2011.

The process is very long. They try to weed out people by their never ending tests. I personally don't think that those tests can determine your personality or your opinions. People will feel obligated to put certain responses to ensure the job. However, the people were nice and comforting. Just know, if you're applying to this job, you will be spending hours in front of a computer that will try to determine if your personality and opinions are suited for the company.

Interview Questions
    • What is one moment that you would consider your biggest failure?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

The process took 5 months - interviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds in June 2011.

I applied for a job at Reynolds in Reynolds in about December of 2010. About a month later I was sent an email asking to contact a representative from Reynolds and Reynolds. They asked me some basic questions (Name, Do you use tobacco?, etc). I also took a personality test, IQ/Intelligence test online. I didn't hear from them until June where they sent me another email asking me to call a Reynolds and Reynolds representative where they asked me the same questions. I then schedule a 1:1 interview with a general hiring manager (I believe). After that, I was asked to come in and retake the IQ/Intelligence test because "they require everyone to take it at their company" (I guess so no one has an unfair advantage...if that was the case they should have just made me take it there in the first place.) After that I had a second 1:1 interview, which I thought went very well. A couple of days after this interview, I needed to do a phone interview with another manager (I guess to see how my phone skills were). He asked me some more questions, and the whole time I was talking to him I felt like he already made a decision not to hire me because he sounded so aloof on the interview. About a week later, they sent me a very impersonal standardized email that basically said they would not be extending an offer to me. After all that I would have appreciated personal letter telling me why I didn't get the job at the very least.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

The process took 3 days - interviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds in April 2011.

I called in after receiving an email requesting I contact the recruiting department. I did so, and they conducted a short phone interview to make sure I met all the baseline criteria. I appreciated this as it would have potentially saved me a wasted day dressing up and driving in for an interview if I wasn't a potential match. I then scheduled my first interview - this consisted of an IQ test, a personality test, and a skills test. They did provide me with sample practice material via email, so I was able to brush up on some math skills I hadn't used in a long while. My interview process was conducted on two different days over the period of a week and I interviewed with four different people. Although the interview process is VERY thorough the amount of time my interview took and the number of people I interviewed with was more than likely higher than usual as I didn't have time to stay for the subsequent interviews and had to reschedule; I also was looking into a few different positions, therefore interviewed with a couple different department heads.

Lastly I was asked to schedule a drug test, and shortly after received an offer. In the interview I was asked what I needed to make as far as salary, and how I arrived at that figure, where I saw myself in 5 years, my personal strengths and weaknesses, etc. I went in and was very upfront and honest about what I needed in an employer and they were equally honest with me.

The fact that they are particularly choosy about who they hire has turned out to be a plus, as everyone there is of above average intelligence. The office is extremely clean, no dirty microwave, science projects in the refrigerator, etc. In my department I have witnessed first hand rapid promotion from within to people who deserve it.

Interview Questions
    • There wasn't a particular questions that caught me off guard, but the length of time required for all the testing plus the multiple interviews was much longer than I anticipated, therefore I had to break it into two days   Answer Question
    There wasn't much to negotiate, but then again I came in at an entry level to be trained from the ground up.

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds in April 2011.

The first interview was with an HR representative and it lasted from 1-1.5 hours. She asked some questions that I wasn't particularly ready for such as what my personal goals are within the next 5 years, how I came up with my desired salary, and why I want to live in Houston. The next two interviews were with a Marketing Supervisor and Marketing Director. Both of them basically just went down my resume and asked me about my college and extracaricular activities. The questions from these interviews were almost exactly the same (a lot of overlap) and they were very straight forward and easy. I didn't get the job offer though and am not sure why because all I got was an automated email basically saying "thanks for your time, but we will not be extending an offer."

Interview Questions
    • What are my personal and professional goals within the next 5 years?   Answer Question

Worked for Reynolds and Reynolds? Contribute to the Community!