Reynolds and Reynolds Reynolds Solutions Specialist Interview Questions

Updated Jul 17, 2015

3.8

Reynolds Solutions Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds.

Interview

The process involved 3 Skype interviews, 2 skills tests, and 1 face to face meeting with upper management. The entire process took at least 4 weeks. Each person I interviewed with told me something different regarding the training process. There seemed to be a severe lack of communication within the company.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Reynolds and Reynolds

Anonymous Employee in DeKalb, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds (DeKalb, IL) in March 2015.

Interview

The whole process that Reynolds & Reynolds uses makes it seem like they are running around like a chicken with its head cut off. Originally, I applied for a Sales Representative trainee position. My application went through and by the next day I had received an email asking me to complete an online skills assessment. I did not think this would be too bad so I started it and boy was I wrong. The test took me almost two hours and tested me on how well I can recognize patterns. I can't see what this has to do with being a sales rep. Next, I received a call saying that they likes the results of the test and wanted to do phone screening with me. This was not bad and went rather smoothly. Then the next day I received yet another call for the same exact thing. I took it again and at the end of the call, they told me that they felt that I would fit better in a different role with them and asked me if I would like to pursue the Reynolds Solution Specialist role instead. I said ok and proceeded with that. The next step had me do a skype interview with the recruiter. About a week later, I was asked to take the same test that I originally had done, only this time I would have to make sure they could monitor me. I understand why but this was a total pain in the butt. After that, I had to do another skype interview with the manager of the area that I would be working for if I were to be hired. That wasn't too bad, except for the fact that I was on skype with the guy while he was sitting in his living room with a lot going on behind him. Then I had a skype interview with one of the directors at their Houston location. Again, he seemed like he had no idea what was happening and I was starting to get bad vibes from being pushed around from interview to interview with no sight of the end. Finally, I heard back days later that I was going to meet with a rep that was in my area. They had me drive to meet her out at a Panera bread in business professional attire. It was a little much for the atmoshpere. The funny thing is, during this stage, I was not asked any interview questions. Just merely talked with rep about sports the whole time. About a week after that, I finally got an email telling me that my skills would be better utilized at a position that was currently unavailable at the company and that they would keep my file on hand if it ever opens up. REALLY?!?!?!?!?! All of that to be told that I would be better suited for a different position in the company when I was switched to a position that was supposedly better for me? This company seems to not know what is going on half of the time and I couldn't be more displeased with my experience.

Interview Questions

• Are you ok with relocating?   1 Answer

Reynolds Solutions Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds in April 2010.

Interview

You are first contacted/screened by a recruiter. They are friendly and give you a nice overlay of the position. Next, you're required to complete about 4 hours of testing, only to retake the math portion either onsite in Houston, TX or with the local supervisor so ensure you didn't cheat. The final interview takes place either over Skype or Houston, TX with the director of the department, and possibly the VP. It's a solid process and very thorough.

Negotiation

Being right out of school, I did not negotiate my salary at all. I was satisfied with what was offered and took it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds (Atlanta, GA) in March 2009.

Interview

Reynolds & Reynolds have a very thorough hiring process that includes a phone interview, multiple online tests, 1 on 1 with hiring manager, and 1 on 1 with director. They also drug test and do a thorough background test. Overall they do a very good job of finding great people, it is just sad when they make an offer and it is so low.

Interview Questions

• Give a time when you faced a difficult challenge and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

negotiate

Reynolds Solutions Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds in February 2011.

Interview

Applied online. Several days later, invited to take some online assessments. Several days after taking those, got an email to set up a phone interview. A week later, had a phone interview, went very well. An excellent connection was made. She said the next step would be more testing and interviews on site, either in OH or TX. Two days later, she called and asked for my social security number, driver's license, and date of birth for the background and credit checks. Two days later, I got a generic email from Reynolds recruiting stating that they would not be going any further with me. The thing that irks me is that they ask about your criminal background, smoking, drug use - all the things that would eliminate you automatically. They never asked me about my credit score. I had a foreclosure 3 years ago. How does that affect my ability to do a good job? Anyway, they either rejected me because of my credit score or my age (37). I heard they prefer early to mid 20's. Don't apply if your credit isn't good or you aren't a "youngster". They'll just jerk you around.