Reynolds and Reynolds

Average Difficulty
5 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Sales Representative

I interviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds in July 2012.

Interview Details – Had phone interview and in person.

Interview Question – Standard interview questions   Answer Question

Houston, TX

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds in December 2010.

Interview Details – It was a lot of tests and things you had to take before you could even get an inteview. Then I got called back for an interview, then met with the manager for that department

Interview Question – Whats your weakest trait   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Becuase it was not much money

College Station, TX

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds in July 2009.

Interview Details – Began with extensive online application, which went further than the standard process, as it included a math, english, mechanical aptitude, and current events test section.
I was selected to come in for assessment via computer: again, a mathmatical and technological aptitude test that I completed in about an hour and a half. After I completed the testing, I was scheduled for a one on one interview to be held a week and a half later.
That appointment commensed with a personality and circumstances profile (I.e. hobbies, "friends would describe me as.....," family composition, education and aspirations.) A girl who I'd age at being ~20 conducted the interview alright enough and the questions were mainly easy enough. She pulled out a couple of job descriptions my tests had deemed me suitable to: both in sales (I'd applied for an incoming calls support gig.) At the conclusion of this interview, she scheduled me for yet another interview, this time with a "panel."
I got to thinking of how ridiculous this process was: I'd been through 4 steps and it was explained there were an additional 3 more interviews to go. After expressing concern to those around me, it was divulged that this would only be the beginning of the micro managerial, hoop jumping tetiousness should I accept a job with Rey Rey. I called my interviewer and told her another opportunity had materialized more quickly (aka the job I was currently in, which I do have a new found respect for after the Reynolds run around,) and that I'd accepted it, and did not intend to continue with her hiring process.

Interview Questions

• If you could have any job you wanted, what would it be?   View Answer
  • You won't be eligible for ANY time off or medical benefits for at least 6 months. Is this acceptable for you?   View Answer

Sales Representative

The process took 1 week - interviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds in March 2012.

Interview Details – I applied through my school's career resource center. Once applied, they directed me to take their intelligence test, which consisted of some math problems, SAT-esque, algebra, etc. Also a personality test where you choose between three options for a given question- Many of the questions had gray areas which left me uncomfortable with any answer. Then there was a phone interview. It was some lady and she didn't have a lot to say, I forced the conversation along like pulling teeth. She asked basic questions, not even specific to the job But I guess they weren't planning on hiring me anyway, which is perhaps why the conversation was so awful, uninformative, and generally stupid.

Interview Question – Why did you apply to Reynolds and Reynolds?   View Answer

Very Difficult Interview

Sales Representative

I applied through college or university and the process took 5 months - interviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds in October 2009.

Interview Details – This was a long and grueling interview process.
It started with submitting my resume through my college career center.
Then there was a short phone screening.
Then I had to complete an employment application, which consisted of multiple open-ended questions about why I wanted to work in sales at Rey & Rey.
Then there was a 6 part intelligence test, which I completed remotely.
Then an 1 hour phone interview.
Then a drug test to ensure I don't smoke. (They don't hire anyone who smokes).
Then a face to face interview with the district manager; however, the first couple hours were spent at a FedEx Office, completing another intelligence test while he proctored.
Then I got a phone call saying the interview process had been put on hold.
Then 2 weeks later I got another phone call saying never mind, but we actually want to continue with the process.
Then I had to fly to Southern CA (from San Francisco) for the day to interview with the Regional Manger (ReyRey took care of the accommodations).
And after all of this, I received a generic email, which opened with the words "Dear Applicant" notifying me that I had not gotten the job.

Since this was a sales position, I never actually went to a ReyRey office because everyone I interviewed with in person worked out of their home. Everyone I talked to from the company was very friendly; however, I was shocked by how impersonal their rejection letter was. After all the time and commitment I put into the interview process I expected a phone call or at least expected my name to be in the email. I actually brought this to the attention of the RM, and he was shocked as well and said he'd talk to HR about this, so I hope they have since corrected this.

Interview Question – Lets pretend you are working at a store, and I am a customer who just walked in. Your goal is to sell this pair of sunglasses to me. What do you say?   Answer Question

Worked for Reynolds and Reynolds? Contribute to the Community!