Reynolds and Reynolds

Updated Nov 12, 2014

2.7

42 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds in November 2014.

Resume was pulled and asked if I was interested. Had to take a couple of aptitude tests(Personality, Drug Situations, IQ , and Math) to continue throughout the process. The tests were a bit much and required a lot of time. After finishing that, I was called over the phone to ask about my resume. Basic things discussed, although most of the talk was about past work experience. Then I was told about the company and how things more or less ran. Took less then a week to receive a phone call after asking if I was interested. Awaiting the technical review if they're interested.

Interview Questions
  • Nothing difficult unless you're not able to discuss your resume in detail. The tests really made you think.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Reynolds and Reynolds

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds.

After the application, I took a series of online assessments and was then contacted a few weeks later for a Skype interview with a recruiter. A few weeks later I had another interview with the head of the software department. Both interviews went very well. The questions were just about my experiences and my resume, so there was nothing out of the ordinary. Probably one of the easiest interviews that I had done.

As a student in my last year of college, I have been actively looking for jobs. I had a job offer already on the table with a pretty high salary, so I told them that when they asked for my salary requirements. After my second interview I got a call for the third but they told me that my offer would be $25,000 less than my offer with the other company. At that point, I withdrew my application.

Overall, the interview process was very easy, but from what I gather, the company will not pay well at all. That was my biggest drawback.

Interview Questions
    • All questions were easy and about my past experiences.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds.

The HR department sent over a IQ/Personality test to fill up. The test quit on me due to some unexpected behavior . I sent over an immediate email to the department. No follow-up or nothing. Very disappointed with company attitude and employees. Highly unprofessional company. Not at all recommended .

Interview Questions
    • In the phone interview , asked about Polymorphism and OOP   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dayton, OH

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds in October 2014.

I applied online and was contacted within a few days by email. The email stated that they would like me to complete an online aptitude test. I did a quick bit of Googling and found out this was very common with the company and that they company also offered a very low salary for devs. As this was one of the first companies to get back to me, I decided to take their test for fun.

The test was long and annoying. Basically a 1.5 hour IQ test. Things like mathematical word problems, recognizing patterns in letter strings, number strings, and images. They even had a vocabulary test. Halfway through I stopped caring as you only missed points if you answered incorrectly, not if you left them blank. I left a good amount blank because the time limits are not generous.

Anyway, I got a call a few days later from one of their recruiting managers asking me a few basic questions, if I was interviewing with anyone else, and what kind of salary I was expecting, and whether I would want to work in Dayton, OH or Texas.. I told her I would prefer Texas and that I wasn't sure what to ask for salary-wise and would like to know what Reynolds & Reynolds offered. She told me junior software devs usually make upper 30's or lower 40's (As in 30,000-40,000) a year. I told her I would want at the very least 50k.

She said she would let the recruiting team in Texas know and they would get in touch with me.

I haven't heard back in about 5 days and I am pretty sure I won't hear back because of my minimum salary requirement.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds in October 2014.

I submitted my resume at a career fair held in my school and got a mail couple of weeks later to attend for a written test and their facility. The test contained of 3 sections, quantitative (math word problems like algebra etc.), alpha sequence and spatial relations questions and the test time was 1 hr

Interview Questions
    • The questions related to spatial relationship needed lot of concentration to solve.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dayton, OH

I applied through other source – interviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds in September 2014.

4 Aplitude Test, 1 large at home and 3 in the facility. The facility is super nice but rather tough to get past the test for an interview. I would like to actually sit down with another person to explain my skills rather than have some computer tell them if I'm qualified based off a test that is timed and doesn't really relate to the material i applied for.

Interview Questions
    • The Test seems to get you flustered because of the way it is scored, 1 point for each answer correct 1/4 for incorrect answers and 0 points for unanswered questions, if you don't score high enough on the test they do not move forward with your application   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds.

The interview here just wastes your time. The HR email me and asked me to take a online aptitude test. This will take more than 1 hour. Then going to the company to take a second test, which is just as the first aptitude test. After the test, they told candidates go home and wait their email. One week later, they send you a reject email.

Interview Questions
    • There are too many problems in the second test. Although they are not hard, but really take time.   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

First step is assessment test. It's is a lengthy test. Require simple math and aptitude questions. After that is the interview, which I am waiting for. HR people are good and they reply about the process as you go on. Hoping to get a positive reply from them ASAP.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds in August 2014.

Software Developer Interview

Got an email about a possible interview and assessment. The assessment is pretty much impossible to complete in the given time. The questions themselves aren't very difficult for people with good math skills, but the sheer volume of things to be calculated by hand (no calculators involved) makes it difficult to get through all of it. Also, you get points off for wrong answers(so it was like a bad SAT flashback). The process after completion is fairly vague. I definitely didn't like how this was conducted.