Reynolds and Reynolds

Average Difficulty
33 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Interviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds

Interview Details – Got an email about a possible interview and assessment. The assessment is pretty much impossible to complete in the given time. The questions themselves aren't very difficult for people with good math skills, but the sheer volume of things to be calculated by hand (no calculators involved) makes it difficult to get through all of it. Also, you get points off for wrong answers(so it was like a bad SAT flashback). The process after completion is fairly vague. I definitely didn't like how this was conducted.

Interview Question – Why did you apply for this position?   Answer Question

Houston, TX

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds in March 2014.

Interview Details – So, I applied for Software Developer position at Reynolds and Reynolds on some job portal. I was contacted by recruiter and asked to come to Houston office to take an assessment. Assessment wasnt hard at all, and as I found out later, I passed it. After I finished the test, I was asked if I have time to meet with recruiter. I had a short meeting with a recruiter. After that I had an interview with department Manager. Last interview that day was with department Director. Basically, I had 3 interviews and 1 hour long test all in one day. Then they made an appointment for me with Vice President for the next week.
After a week I had an interview with Vice President, which went pretty well. He told me that I am a good fit and that he thinks that I am capable of doing the kind of job they provide. He walked me out and told me that I would be contacted by a recruiter regarding further details after several days. I was pretty sure that I got the job. I didnt see any reasons why I wouldnt.
One week passed and I didnt hear nothing from them. I wrote a follow up email to them asking about the status of my application. They told me that they are reviewing my application. After several days I was contacted by Reynolds and Reynolds representative from Dayton, Ohio, saying that I didnt get a job. (Even though I had interviews in Houston not Dayton.)
Anyway, I think that this company is not a good place to work. Before I went to an interview, I saw that they got 2 starts out of 5 on Glassdoor and I was surprised, but now I see that they are worth it.
Waste of time, because I took several days of in order to attend the interviews in Reynolds and Reynolds, which last at least 2-3 hours. My suggestion is that stay away from that company.

Interview Question – How negotiable is the salary? (They are real cheapskates...)   Answer Question

Dayton, OH

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds in March 2014.

Interview Details – First, give you an e-mail to let you answer many background info, such that Application, Personality Assessment and Ethics Assessment. It takes about 2 hours. Then go on-side and take another 1 hour to the Aptitude Test, which is a three-section logic and reasoning test . If you don't pass, you will not even offer any interview.

Interview Question – three-section logic and reasoning test   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Software Developer

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds.

Interview Details – They make you take many tests like others have mentioned. I didn't see the relevance of the tests but they are pretty simple besides the math portion. You should probably brush up on your math skills. The interview itself was pretty easy, really general interview questions. I was interviewed by a recruiter who knew nothing about Computer Science, so when I was explaining some of the projects on my resume she was kind of lost. Interview was over Skype.

Interview Question – No unexpected questions the interview was very general.   Answer Question

Software Development Interview

Software Development
Houston, TX

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds in February 2014.

Interview Details – Had an appointment to take an aptitude test. The test is divided into 3 parts : identifying sequence, spatial relationship, and algebra.

Interview Question – Some questions take longer than others to solve. Since its timed, do the easy one and go back to the hard one if you get a chance to finish a part.   Answer Question

Kettering, OH

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds in November 2009.

Interview Details – First, I applied online. Then, I was invited in to take a test. They told me that if I did well enough on the test, they may call someone down to talk to me. I sat in a room for an hour taking a math and logic test, which I apparently passed. They called someone down to talk to me, who effectively offered me the job on the spot.

Interview Question – How many lines was the longest code I've written.   Answer Question

Houston, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds in August 2013.

Interview Details – Took the online assessment and was asked to come in to take it again. Interviewed with HR. super generic questions. Interviewed with manager And everything was pretty standard. He took me around to look at the rooms ( opened one and exclaimed oh!... Then muttered "that was bad".... Don't really know what happened but he was very flustered). Interviewed with VP ( very nice) and then was shown out. Didn't get set up for a drug test so I'm pretty sure I didn't get the job. I don't think I was what they are looking for ( good ole boy type).

Interview Question – What was your favorite class?   Answer Question

Interviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds

Interview Details – Interview and hiring process is very extensive. Lots of tests, interviews, etc. Took a long time to get the first call back. I applied for a position in technical support and ended up getting interviewed for a software developer position. It seemed like they were desperate for people. Later learned this is because high turnover.

Interview Question – Most unexpected was the nicotine test on the spot. I did my research and knew I'd get tested but didn't realize it would happen in the interview.   Answer Question

Houston, TX

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds.

Interview Details – Was asked to take an aptitude test, first online and then at the company. The test consist of a Math , vocabulary and Patterning Matching section. Each section is time based and based on how you do on that test you might get an actual interview. I would recommend putting off an actual date that you can come in to take the aptitude test cause its a lot of stuff you have to go over.

Software Developer

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds.

Interview Details – After sending my resume, I got an email invitation to go their their Houston office for a screening test and/or interview. The test was timed and consisted of basic mathematical word problems, pattern recognition, and included but was not limited to word analogy questions as far as I remember. Other than that, you are in a room of other potential employees.

Interview Question – The pattern recognition section was difficult. There are some figure patterns that I don't think anyone could solve in just 15 minutes.   Answer Question

Worked for Reynolds and Reynolds? Contribute to the Community!