Reynolds and Reynolds Software Developer Interview Questions

Updated Jul 1, 2015

2.8

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds.

Interview

Fairly long (30 minute+) IQ test in a large computer lab. Pass that and you interview with a senior level. Also have some sort of mouth drug test where you keep a spoon-like object underneath your tongue.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Reynolds and Reynolds

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds (Houston, TX).

Interview

Online assessment and on site test too. Nothing related to software developers skills. They do not give you any change to talk with someone about your skills, you move foward only if you pass the test.

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds (Houston, TX) in June 2015.

Interview

This is not an interview. They email you showing interest and state that you must take about three different assessments which make no sense on why you must take them. Personality assessment, ethics assessment, and a logic and reasoning aptitude test. None which relate to software development. There is about 20 people in and out taking the same test. You finish and then they tell you that they will contact you. There is no actual contact with anyone besides the receptionist. Not a place I would recommend to apply to since you are not actually meeting anyone and getting to know you.

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds (Houston, TX) in May 2015.

Interview

Online assessment then an onsite interview. Interview questions were not related to software development. I did not understand the reason behind such an interview. next was a technical round with Data structure questions which were very easy to solve.

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds (Houston, TX) in April 2015.

Interview

Face to Face interview. There was a test on computer. They dd not ask any questions related to Software developer position. The process was very easy. But the questions asked were irrelevant. The time given for the test to complete was very less. I'm sure the person who put up the questions would not be able to complete the test in the given time.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds (Arlington, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

There are three steps to get the job.
    They will give you id and pasword of the assessments site.
    Ø Application
    Here you have to give your information about your work experience, education history and about your self like gender, race etc.
    Ø The Personality Assessment
    This survey consists of two untimed sections and four timed sections. This will take approximately 45 minutes to complete.
    Ø The Aptitude test
    This is a three-section logic and reasoning test. Try and set aside an hour when you can best minimize distractions. Once you login, you’ll be unable to stop at any point. You may not use a calculator. We recommend that you have scratch paper available when taking the test. You are penalized for answering incorrectly, but NOT for questions left unanswered.
    Difficulty level: easy, Medium.

Interview Questions

• Reynolds and Reynolds Sample Test Problems

All applicants at Reynolds and Reynolds must complete our pre-employment testing. The logic and aptitude test contains three timed sections. All questions are multiple choice. The test is not designed for you to finish. DO NOT GUESS!

Section 1: 15 minutes
      This part tests your ability to detect sequential patterns. The questions consist of a series of letters from the alphabet. You must select the letter to complete the series.

Example:
      C, D, F, G, J, K, O, P, __ What letter would complete this list?

Answer:
          C, D, F, G, J, K, O, P, U

Section 2: 15 minutes
      This section measures your ability to determine spatial relationships. These questions contain a series of shapes that rotate and move in patterns. You must identify the shape with the proper positioning to complete the series.

Example:

Which one of these shapes will complete the above series?

A B C D E Answer: E

Section 3: 30 minutes
      The last section tests your math aptitude with word problems (percentages, fractions, and algebra). You will not be permitted to use a calculator. As with the other sections, all questions are multiple choice. Below are some examples of typical word problems. The answers can be found at the end.

1. In a certain company, 30 percent of the men and 20 percent of the women attend night school. If 40 percent of all employees are men, what percent of all the employees attend night school?

a. 15 b. 24 c. 35 d. 44 e. none

2. The length of the shadow of a flagpole was found to be 72 feet. The shadow of a 3 foot picket fence in line with the flagpole was 4 feet. What is the height of the flagpole?

a. 54 feet b. 63 feet c. 27 feet d. 84 feet e. none

3. The sum of both digits, of either of two two-digit numbers, in whatever order the digits are written, is 9. The square of either of the digits of either number, minus the product of both digits, plus the square of the other digit is the number 21. The numbers are _______?

a. 36, 63 b. 81, 18 c. 27, 72 d. 45, 54 e. none

4. If a boat goes downstream 72 miles in 3 hours and upstream 60 miles in 6 hours, the rate of the river and the rate of the boat in still water respectively are ________?

a. 7 & 16 mph b. 7 & 17 mph c. 6 & 17 mph d. 6 & 18 mph e. none

5. Three times the square of a certain positive number exceeds six times the number by nine. Find the number:

a. 3 b. 6 c. 4 d. 9 e. none

6. The width of a rectangle is 15 feet less than its length, and the perimeter is 210 feet. Find the width:

a. 60 feet b. 35 feet c. 45 feet d. 40 feet e. none

7. If 6 men can do a piece of work in 14 days, how many men are needed to do the work in 21 days?

a. 3 b. 9 c. 5 d. 4 e. none

8. The sum of two numbers is 17 and the sum of their square is 145. Find the larger number.

a. 10 b. 11 c. 8 d. 9 e. none

9. A certain sum of money is invested at 10%. Twice that amount is invested at 8%. The total amount of interest from both investments is $91. How much is invested at 8%?

a. $350 b. $500 c. $1000 d. $700 e. none

10. A mother left 20% of her estate to one son and 25% to another son. The remaining $55,000 she left to her daughter. Find the amount of the estate:

a. $90,000 b. $100,000 c. $110,000 d. $120,000 e. none

10. B

Answer Question

Software Development Interview

Anonymous Employee in College Station, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds (College Station, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied online and got an email in two weeks. You should finish an online test and schedule the date before interview. The online personality assessment takes about one hour and there are too many questions.
    On that date you should go to the company and take another aptitude test. There are also too much question and do not believe you can finish them in the limited time.
    After the test the stuff will ask you some question about yourself and they will email you the decision in next week.

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds (Houston, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

When I came into the interview, I was put into a small room and had to take a 15-20 minute test. It consisted of logic puzzles and algebra questions. Nothing to do with the position I was applying for. Afterwards, I had a Skype interview with a recruiter in a different city.

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds.

Interview

After submit my application, I received an email that told me to take an online assessment. The assessment comprised of three parts: Application, The Personality Assessment, and The Aptitude Test. Several days later, I got a rejection letter.

By the way, I don't understand how such kind of questions can estimate a candidate's quality, like in which country Diana died, and some graph inference problems.

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds (Houston, TX).

Interview

Process is excruciatingly long and complex. Series of aptitude, personality, ethics tests, and interview after interview is exhausting. Not much information is given and questions are very basic "why should we hire you over the others?" type of questions. Interviews are given by phone, skype, in-person, and by four different people, recruiter, human resources, vp and department head.

Interview Questions

• describe your past jobs, experiences, and why should we hire you?   Answer Question