Reynolds and Reynolds Software Developer Interview Questions

Updated Apr 2, 2015

2.7

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds (Houston, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

When I came into the interview, I was put into a small room and had to take a 15-20 minute test. It consisted of logic puzzles and algebra questions. Nothing to do with the position I was applying for. Afterwards, I had a Skype interview with a recruiter in a different city.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Reynolds and Reynolds

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds (Arlington, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

There are three steps to get the job.
    They will give you id and pasword of the assessments site.
    Ø Application
    Here you have to give your information about your work experience, education history and about your self like gender, race etc.
    Ø The Personality Assessment
    This survey consists of two untimed sections and four timed sections. This will take approximately 45 minutes to complete.
    Ø The Aptitude test
    This is a three-section logic and reasoning test. Try and set aside an hour when you can best minimize distractions. Once you login, you’ll be unable to stop at any point. You may not use a calculator. We recommend that you have scratch paper available when taking the test. You are penalized for answering incorrectly, but NOT for questions left unanswered.
    Difficulty level: easy, Medium.

Interview Questions

• Reynolds and Reynolds Sample Test Problems

All applicants at Reynolds and Reynolds must complete our pre-employment testing. The logic and aptitude test contains three timed sections. All questions are multiple choice. The test is not designed for you to finish. DO NOT GUESS!

Section 1: 15 minutes
      This part tests your ability to detect sequential patterns. The questions consist of a series of letters from the alphabet. You must select the letter to complete the series.

Example:
      C, D, F, G, J, K, O, P, __ What letter would complete this list?

Answer:
          C, D, F, G, J, K, O, P, U

Section 2: 15 minutes
      This section measures your ability to determine spatial relationships. These questions contain a series of shapes that rotate and move in patterns. You must identify the shape with the proper positioning to complete the series.

Example:

Which one of these shapes will complete the above series?

A B C D E Answer: E

Section 3: 30 minutes
      The last section tests your math aptitude with word problems (percentages, fractions, and algebra). You will not be permitted to use a calculator. As with the other sections, all questions are multiple choice. Below are some examples of typical word problems. The answers can be found at the end.

1. In a certain company, 30 percent of the men and 20 percent of the women attend night school. If 40 percent of all employees are men, what percent of all the employees attend night school?

a. 15 b. 24 c. 35 d. 44 e. none

2. The length of the shadow of a flagpole was found to be 72 feet. The shadow of a 3 foot picket fence in line with the flagpole was 4 feet. What is the height of the flagpole?

a. 54 feet b. 63 feet c. 27 feet d. 84 feet e. none

3. The sum of both digits, of either of two two-digit numbers, in whatever order the digits are written, is 9. The square of either of the digits of either number, minus the product of both digits, plus the square of the other digit is the number 21. The numbers are _______?

a. 36, 63 b. 81, 18 c. 27, 72 d. 45, 54 e. none

4. If a boat goes downstream 72 miles in 3 hours and upstream 60 miles in 6 hours, the rate of the river and the rate of the boat in still water respectively are ________?

a. 7 & 16 mph b. 7 & 17 mph c. 6 & 17 mph d. 6 & 18 mph e. none

5. Three times the square of a certain positive number exceeds six times the number by nine. Find the number:

a. 3 b. 6 c. 4 d. 9 e. none

6. The width of a rectangle is 15 feet less than its length, and the perimeter is 210 feet. Find the width:

a. 60 feet b. 35 feet c. 45 feet d. 40 feet e. none

7. If 6 men can do a piece of work in 14 days, how many men are needed to do the work in 21 days?

a. 3 b. 9 c. 5 d. 4 e. none

8. The sum of two numbers is 17 and the sum of their square is 145. Find the larger number.

a. 10 b. 11 c. 8 d. 9 e. none

9. A certain sum of money is invested at 10%. Twice that amount is invested at 8%. The total amount of interest from both investments is $91. How much is invested at 8%?

a. $350 b. $500 c. $1000 d. $700 e. none

10. A mother left 20% of her estate to one son and 25% to another son. The remaining $55,000 she left to her daughter. Find the amount of the estate:

a. $90,000 b. $100,000 c. $110,000 d. $120,000 e. none

10. B

Answer Question

Software Development Interview

Anonymous Employee in College Station, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds (College Station, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied online and got an email in two weeks. You should finish an online test and schedule the date before interview. The online personality assessment takes about one hour and there are too many questions.
    On that date you should go to the company and take another aptitude test. There are also too much question and do not believe you can finish them in the limited time.
    After the test the stuff will ask you some question about yourself and they will email you the decision in next week.

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds (Houston, TX).

Interview

Process is excruciatingly long and complex. Series of aptitude, personality, ethics tests, and interview after interview is exhausting. Not much information is given and questions are very basic "why should we hire you over the others?" type of questions. Interviews are given by phone, skype, in-person, and by four different people, recruiter, human resources, vp and department head.

Interview Questions

• describe your past jobs, experiences, and why should we hire you?   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds.

Interview

After submit my application, I received an email that told me to take an online assessment. The assessment comprised of three parts: Application, The Personality Assessment, and The Aptitude Test. Several days later, I got a rejection letter.

By the way, I don't understand how such kind of questions can estimate a candidate's quality, like in which country Diana died, and some graph inference problems.

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds (Houston, TX) in February 2015.

Interview

Spoke with recruiter at College Job Fair. Process began with multiple online tests like personality and patterns etc. Had 2 Skype interviews with Recruiter and Senior Developer, both were very polite and helpful. Third and final interview was at their facility in Houston with another Senior Developer. Overall process was a little long (2 months), but relatively painless.

Interview Questions

• Basic questions about application development, hardest program you've ever had to implement. What's your greatest weakness etc.   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds.

Interview

1. get a phone call asking about your basic info
    2. Send you an email to schedule a onsite test time
    3. Send you confirmation email with an online test (If your English is well, you will pass it)
    4. onsite test (If your Math is well, you will pass)
    5. Send you back waiting for phone call.

Interview Questions

• A few questions (2 to 4) have no right option. Be careful with that.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds (Houston, TX) in January 2015.

Interview

So after reading all of the comments, which seemed to be negative, I still gave them a shot. I applied online and heard back after a week, saying that they would like me to come in for assessments, as in all the other comments it seemed that I was in the right direction i guess. I took the exam which was in a room where about 10 others were testing and saw a lot of blank faces, quite hilarious knowing i was going to be in the same boat in a few minutes, the questions are interesting, I have no idea if did the pattern section correctly, but i did finish a section with 2 minutes to spare, the math is difficult if you haven't done any statistic work or brushed up on algebra, I took the test and they said they will get back to me 3-5 days. Well still waiting, it seems that they take there time with hiring process, I haven't received a deny or confirm email so i will update when I receive something. If i do get passed it, I will most likely accept and if I ever get to that point I'll make sure to deny or verify the comments.

Interview Questions

• It's quite fum trying to figure the next pattern, I also think its a stress test. I saw people getting up and leaving because of the difficulties.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds (Houston, TX) in November 2014.

Interview

Resume was pulled and asked if I was interested. Had to take a couple of aptitude tests(Personality, Drug Situations, IQ , and Math) to continue throughout the process. The tests were a bit much and required a lot of time. After finishing that, I was called over the phone to ask about my resume. Basic things discussed, although most of the talk was about past work experience. Then I was told about the company and how things more or less ran. Took less then a week to receive a phone call after asking if I was interested. Awaiting the technical review if they're interested.

Interview Questions

• Nothing difficult unless you're not able to discuss your resume in detail. The tests really made you think.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds (Houston, TX).

Interview

After the application, I took a series of online assessments and was then contacted a few weeks later for a Skype interview with a recruiter. A few weeks later I had another interview with the head of the software department. Both interviews went very well. The questions were just about my experiences and my resume, so there was nothing out of the ordinary. Probably one of the easiest interviews that I had done.

As a student in my last year of college, I have been actively looking for jobs. I had a job offer already on the table with a pretty high salary, so I told them that when they asked for my salary requirements. After my second interview I got a call for the third but they told me that my offer would be $25,000 less than my offer with the other company. At that point, I withdrew my application.

Overall, the interview process was very easy, but from what I gather, the company will not pay well at all. That was my biggest drawback.

Interview Questions

• All questions were easy and about my past experiences.   Answer Question