Reynolds and Reynolds Software Developer Interview Questions

2.7

37 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Dayton, OH
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dayton, OH

I applied through other source - interviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds in September 2014.

4 Aplitude Test, 1 large at home and 3 in the facility. The facility is super nice but rather tough to get past the test for an interview. I would like to actually sit down with another person to explain my skills rather than have some computer tell them if I'm qualified based off a test that is timed and doesn't really relate to the material i applied for.

Interview Questions
  • The Test seems to get you flustered because of the way it is scored, 1 point for each answer correct 1/4 for incorrect answers and 0 points for unanswered questions, if you don't score high enough on the test they do not move forward with your application   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Reynolds and Reynolds

Software Developer Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds.

The interview here just wastes your time. The HR email me and asked me to take a online aptitude test. This will take more than 1 hour. Then going to the company to take a second test, which is just as the first aptitude test. After the test, they told candidates go home and wait their email. One week later, they send you a reject email.

Interview Questions
    • There are too many problems in the second test. Although they are not hard, but really take time.   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

First step is assessment test. It's is a lengthy test. Require simple math and aptitude questions. After that is the interview, which I am waiting for. HR people are good and they reply about the process as you go on. Hoping to get a positive reply from them ASAP.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds in August 2014.

Software Developer Interview

Got an email about a possible interview and assessment. The assessment is pretty much impossible to complete in the given time. The questions themselves aren't very difficult for people with good math skills, but the sheer volume of things to be calculated by hand (no calculators involved) makes it difficult to get through all of it. Also, you get points off for wrong answers(so it was like a bad SAT flashback). The process after completion is fairly vague. I definitely didn't like how this was conducted.

Software Developer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds.

They make you take many tests like others have mentioned. I didn't see the relevance of the tests but they are pretty simple besides the math portion. You should probably brush up on your math skills. The interview itself was pretty easy, really general interview questions. I was interviewed by a recruiter who knew nothing about Computer Science, so when I was explaining some of the projects on my resume she was kind of lost. Interview was over Skype.

Interview Questions
    • No unexpected questions the interview was very general.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds in March 2014.

So, I applied for Software Developer position at Reynolds and Reynolds on some job portal. I was contacted by recruiter and asked to come to Houston office to take an assessment. Assessment wasnt hard at all, and as I found out later, I passed it. After I finished the test, I was asked if I have time to meet with recruiter. I had a short meeting with a recruiter. After that I had an interview with department Manager. Last interview that day was with department Director. Basically, I had 3 interviews and 1 hour long test all in one day. Then they made an appointment for me with Vice President for the next week.
    After a week I had an interview with Vice President, which went pretty well. He told me that I am a good fit and that he thinks that I am capable of doing the kind of job they provide. He walked me out and told me that I would be contacted by a recruiter regarding further details after several days. I was pretty sure that I got the job. I didnt see any reasons why I wouldnt.
    One week passed and I didnt hear nothing from them. I wrote a follow up email to them asking about the status of my application. They told me that they are reviewing my application. After several days I was contacted by Reynolds and Reynolds representative from Dayton, Ohio, saying that I didnt get a job. (Even though I had interviews in Houston not Dayton.)
    Anyway, I think that this company is not a good place to work. Before I went to an interview, I saw that they got 2 starts out of 5 on Glassdoor and I was surprised, but now I see that they are worth it.
    Waste of time, because I took several days of in order to attend the interviews in Reynolds and Reynolds, which last at least 2-3 hours. My suggestion is that stay away from that company.

Interview Questions
    • How negotiable is the salary? (They are real cheapskates...)   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Dayton, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dayton, OH

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds in March 2014.

First, give you an e-mail to let you answer many background info, such that Application, Personality Assessment and Ethics Assessment. It takes about 2 hours. Then go on-side and take another 1 hour to the Aptitude Test, which is a three-section logic and reasoning test . If you don't pass, you will not even offer any interview.

Software Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds in February 2014.

Had an appointment to take an aptitude test. The test is divided into 3 parts : identifying sequence, spatial relationship, and algebra.

Interview Questions
    • Some questions take longer than others to solve. Since its timed, do the easy one and go back to the hard one if you get a chance to finish a part.   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Interview and hiring process is very extensive. Lots of tests, interviews, etc. Took a long time to get the first call back. I applied for a position in technical support and ended up getting interviewed for a software developer position. It seemed like they were desperate for people. Later learned this is because high turnover.

Interview Questions
    • Most unexpected was the nicotine test on the spot. I did my research and knew I'd get tested but didn't realize it would happen in the interview.   Answer Question

Worked for Reynolds and Reynolds? Contribute to the Community!