Reynolds and Reynolds

Updated Feb 5, 2015
Updated Feb 5, 2015

2.7

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds.

Process is excruciatingly long and complex. Series of aptitude, personality, ethics tests, and interview after interview is exhausting. Not much information is given and questions are very basic "why should we hire you over the others?" type of questions. Interviews are given by phone, skype, in-person, and by four different people, recruiter, human resources, vp and department head.

Interview Questions
  • describe your past jobs, experiences, and why should we hire you?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Reynolds and Reynolds

Software Developer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds.

After submit my application, I received an email that told me to take an online assessment. The assessment comprised of three parts: Application, The Personality Assessment, and The Aptitude Test. Several days later, I got a rejection letter.

By the way, I don't understand how such kind of questions can estimate a candidate's quality, like in which country Diana died, and some graph inference problems.

Software Developer Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds.

1. get a phone call asking about your basic info
    2. Send you an email to schedule a onsite test time
    3. Send you confirmation email with an online test (If your English is well, you will pass it)
    4. onsite test (If your Math is well, you will pass)
    5. Send you back waiting for phone call.

Interview Questions
    • A few questions (2 to 4) have no right option. Be careful with that.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I applied online – interviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds in January 2015.

So after reading all of the comments, which seemed to be negative, I still gave them a shot. I applied online and heard back after a week, saying that they would like me to come in for assessments, as in all the other comments it seemed that I was in the right direction i guess. I took the exam which was in a room where about 10 others were testing and saw a lot of blank faces, quite hilarious knowing i was going to be in the same boat in a few minutes, the questions are interesting, I have no idea if did the pattern section correctly, but i did finish a section with 2 minutes to spare, the math is difficult if you haven't done any statistic work or brushed up on algebra, I took the test and they said they will get back to me 3-5 days. Well still waiting, it seems that they take there time with hiring process, I haven't received a deny or confirm email so i will update when I receive something. If i do get passed it, I will most likely accept and if I ever get to that point I'll make sure to deny or verify the comments.

Interview Questions
    • It's quite fum trying to figure the next pattern, I also think its a stress test. I saw people getting up and leaving because of the difficulties.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds in November 2014.

Resume was pulled and asked if I was interested. Had to take a couple of aptitude tests(Personality, Drug Situations, IQ , and Math) to continue throughout the process. The tests were a bit much and required a lot of time. After finishing that, I was called over the phone to ask about my resume. Basic things discussed, although most of the talk was about past work experience. Then I was told about the company and how things more or less ran. Took less then a week to receive a phone call after asking if I was interested. Awaiting the technical review if they're interested.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing difficult unless you're not able to discuss your resume in detail. The tests really made you think.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds.

After the application, I took a series of online assessments and was then contacted a few weeks later for a Skype interview with a recruiter. A few weeks later I had another interview with the head of the software department. Both interviews went very well. The questions were just about my experiences and my resume, so there was nothing out of the ordinary. Probably one of the easiest interviews that I had done.

As a student in my last year of college, I have been actively looking for jobs. I had a job offer already on the table with a pretty high salary, so I told them that when they asked for my salary requirements. After my second interview I got a call for the third but they told me that my offer would be $25,000 less than my offer with the other company. At that point, I withdrew my application.

Overall, the interview process was very easy, but from what I gather, the company will not pay well at all. That was my biggest drawback.

Interview Questions
    • All questions were easy and about my past experiences.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds.

The HR department sent over a IQ/Personality test to fill up. The test quit on me due to some unexpected behavior . I sent over an immediate email to the department. No follow-up or nothing. Very disappointed with company attitude and employees. Highly unprofessional company. Not at all recommended .

Interview Questions
    • In the phone interview , asked about Polymorphism and OOP   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Dayton, OH
    Anonymous Employee in Dayton, OH

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds in October 2014.

I applied online and was contacted within a few days by email. The email stated that they would like me to complete an online aptitude test. I did a quick bit of Googling and found out this was very common with the company and that they company also offered a very low salary for devs. As this was one of the first companies to get back to me, I decided to take their test for fun.

The test was long and annoying. Basically a 1.5 hour IQ test. Things like mathematical word problems, recognizing patterns in letter strings, number strings, and images. They even had a vocabulary test. Halfway through I stopped caring as you only missed points if you answered incorrectly, not if you left them blank. I left a good amount blank because the time limits are not generous.

Anyway, I got a call a few days later from one of their recruiting managers asking me a few basic questions, if I was interviewing with anyone else, and what kind of salary I was expecting, and whether I would want to work in Dayton, OH or Texas.. I told her I would prefer Texas and that I wasn't sure what to ask for salary-wise and would like to know what Reynolds & Reynolds offered. She told me junior software devs usually make upper 30's or lower 40's (As in 30,000-40,000) a year. I told her I would want at the very least 50k.

She said she would let the recruiting team in Texas know and they would get in touch with me.

I haven't heard back in about 5 days and I am pretty sure I won't hear back because of my minimum salary requirement.

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds in October 2014.

I submitted my resume at a career fair held in my school and got a mail couple of weeks later to attend for a written test and their facility. The test contained of 3 sections, quantitative (math word problems like algebra etc.), alpha sequence and spatial relations questions and the test time was 1 hr

Interview Questions
    • The questions related to spatial relationship needed lot of concentration to solve.   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds in October 2014.

They email you about scheduling a test appointment and they put you in a room with many others. Your basically a guinea pig and they use these "IQ" test to evaluate you. The test does not measure any real world skill. I do not know the reason why they did not hire me, but i am guessing that they are very picky on the job applicant.

Interview Questions
    • Unexpected question... Where did princess diana die? seriously why would you ask such an irrelevant question.   View Answers (2)