Reynolds and Reynolds
www.reyrey.com Kettering, OH 1000 to 5000 Employees

Reynolds and Reynolds Software Implementation Consultant Interview Questions & Reviews

Getting the Interview

9 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Interviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds

Interview Details – skills test then 3 skype interviews, one phone interview, then an onsite visit with two managers a partner and a lunch

Interview Question – do you have experience in the automobile industry   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – salary is low for what i deserve from my university

Houston, TX

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds in June 2011.

Interview Details – 4 interviews: HR recruiter, Manager, Director, VP

Asked loads of illegal questions such as "Are you married?" etc.

In between the interviews, there were many tests that I had to take. I took a 3 hours assessment at home, then went into the HR department there and ended up taking the exact same test again. After this test, had an interview, then went back to take another test, then another interview. They said I was only going to be there for 30 minutes, I ended up being there for 7 hours. Fortunately I had no other obligations that day so I was able to stay, but it would've made the interview process so much more complicated if I needed to leave. Some warning that it could take a few hours would be appreciated.

Interview Question – Can't remember any specific questions as this was almost 2 years ago now. They just kept asking me things about my personal life. They also misled and misdirected with their answers to my questions, which I didn't find out until a few months into my employment there.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None, I got the feeling that any sort of negotiation was off the table

Very Easy Interview

Memphis, TN

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds in May 2012.

Interview Details – I had two phone interviews - one with HR and one with a regional manager. They were straightforward, quintessential interview questions. Describe your experiences, strengths, weaknesses. Why do you want to work for R&R, & what do you understand to be the work of the position/company? The company culture was difficult for me in that the position was working from home as a field consultant. I didn't like that and wasn't into the idea of working with automotive dealerships. The conversation with the regional manager was about an hour and a half (!!!), so all signs would point to a positive outcome. That wasn't the case, and since it was so long, I was confused on what they wanted to see from interviews.

Interview Question – What are your biggest concerns regarding the job?   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Houston, TX

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds in May 2011.

Interview Details – It was a long process crammed into a very short space of time. I applied online and took an online aptitude test, then the next day received a phone call inviting me for an interview. I went a few days later and took another aptitude test, and then yet another one which turned out to be the same one I'd taken online a few days ago. I then had an interview with someone from HR, before they asked if I could stay and speak to a Manager. I then spoke to a Director after that, and then they asked if I could come back in 2 days time to interview with a VP. Each of the 4 interviews lasted about 45 minutes each. They said all the right things and made the company sound great, but unfortunately it wasn't all as good as it seemed, but that's been summed up in lots of other people's reviews.

Interview Question – Are you married?   View Answers (2)

Negotiation Details – No room to negotiate. I know someone who applied there and negotiated for $3,000 higher in salary and was immediately told her offer had been revoked.

Houston, TX

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds in September 2011.

Interview Details – I am a recent graduate. Early in the summer Reynolds and Reynolds contacted me to start the interview process but after realizing I did not graduate until December, they put my resume back on file. They contacted me again in October and asked for a phone "interview" to answer a few questions. Questions like "Are you willing to relocate", or "This position may require using a company vehicle, do you have any previous citations". At the end of that "interview" they said they would get back via e-mail on whether or not they wanted to continue in the interview process. I received an e-mail saying nothing more than I was not a good fit for what they were looking for. I would have appreciated any type of reason for why.

Interview Question – None of the questions I was asked were legitimate interview questions. The most difficult one was do I have a driving record.   View Answer

Houston, TX

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds in May 2011.

Interview Details – Contacted by a recruiter, she asked basic questions about resume and invited me to take Personality test where she claimed that there wasn't a "Pass/Fail". It was just to see where you could be placed with the company. Upon completing the test, I spoke with another representative and he asked a few questions and explained that the position required travel 65% of the time (which wasn't noted within the details of the job ad). I told him that I had to think about that and he said someone would be in contact with me. I few says later, I received a "turn-down" email.

Interview Question – Do you have your degree?   Answer Question

Houston, TX

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds in February 2011.

Interview Details – I was referred by a friend of a friend in early February, and much like what was discussed in other reviews, it began with a short phone screening to make sure that I was eligible to be hired (non-smoker, college graduate, etc). They scheduled a date and time for me to show up on location to take their IQ/Personality test, which I felt I aced. I finished all the sections on time, and skipped the questions I was unsure of.

I was immediately told to wait in an interview room where I met with a recruiter, who steered me towards applying for the Implementation Consultant job. She stressed that it would require a lot of travel, and asked me about my personal and career goals before telling me that she was interested in moving on to the next step in the interview process. I was asked to take yet another personality test, consisting of moral value questions, before being thanked and sent home.

Within a week, I received a call from the same recruiter to schedule a second interview with the manager of the department in which I was applying. The interview went very well, and I expressed my enthusiasm about the position, why I felt I was an ideal candidate, and my career goals. He thanked me for my time and the receptionist told me I would receive a decision within 3-5 days. 2 days later an email arrived thanking me for my time and interest, but that I would not be hired at this time. Honestly, I can't figure out why, as I felt that every step of the interview process went swimmingly.

Interview Questions

Dayton, OH

The process took 6 days - interviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds in September 2010.

Interview Details – I received an email later the same day I applied for the position giving me an email with a number to call. I called the number and set up a time to take my assessment which consisted of which was basically an IQ test to see our ability for problem solving. I think if you did well they had you meet with a recruiter since some people were asked to stay and some left without meeting with a recruiter. Following the recruiter meeting they called back and asked if I would be able to meet for an interview specifically for the position with someone that had previously worked in the position and his boss. Following the interview they informed me a recruiter would be contacting me about another interview. I asked the man at the front desk if there was anything else I needed to do at that time, for which he asked if I minded having a seat for just a moment. I then met with a man that would be my bosses, bosses, boss for an interview where he told me about the position in greater detail. He then informed me that he thought I was a good fit for the position and the next step would be talking about my offer with my locations manager. From day of application to hearing I would receive an offer, it was a nine day process, which seems very efficient. I posed the question of, "What is your favorite part about working here?" to someone working the front desk to which he replied, I just think all the people are very nice. The people are definitely my favorite part about the job, he said. Personally, I like the healthy aspect of the job being tobacco free and the vast amount of sports they offer within the organization and on-site gym facility.

Interview Questions

• What was the biggest accomplishment (either professional or personal)?   Answer Question
  • Do you have any experience with accounting or finance other than schoolwork?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Houston, TX

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds in May 2007.

Interview Details – I applied online and submitted a resume. A few days later I received a call from the company and was asked some basic questions, including whether I smoked or not. After that I was invited to take a computerized test at their facility, before which I was asked to complete an online questionnaire online which tested basic skills and ethics and asked again whether I smoked or did any drugs. After the computerized test I was invited back for an interview for a position determined by the testing. I was then walked around the potential department by a supervisor and then interviewed by a manager.

Reynolds & Reynolds is a conservative company and wants their interviewees to come in suits and act polite. Since movement through the company is relatively slow, if you can talk up the manager that is interviewing you and find common ground and can fit into their "old boys club," you will be much more likely to get the job.

Interview Question – Most applicants fail the computerized test. Brush up on basic math and grammar skills.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Did not try to negotiate, in retrospect I should have.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Reynolds and Reynolds

Worked for Reynolds and Reynolds? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Reynolds and Reynolds Software Implementation Consultant interview questions and advice. All 9 interview reviews posted anonymously by Reynolds and Reynolds employees and interview candidates.