Reynolds and Reynolds Software Support Specialist Interview Questions

4 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Houston, TX
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied in-person. The process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds in April 2010.

The interview process is extensive for software related positions, but that's because the software is proprietary (can't learn it until you work here) and there is a ton of it. So the training process will take up almost 6 months.

Because of this massive commitment on both the employee and employer's part, they spend a lot of time making sure it's a good fit before making an offer. That can be frustrating for some people, especially since most positions start as entry level, but it's better than making a poor choice and having to start all over.

Interview Questions
  • N/A. Because the software is proprietary, there are very few technical questions. Most difficult part is the aptitude test, but these are more logic based and sequencing questions. Not that hard, just time consuming.   Answer Question
Very easy. They make an offer. You either accept or make a counter offer. They either decline or make a 2nd offer. That's usually the end of it. They don't play a lot of games going back and forth multiple times. They are pretty straight forward and no nonsense.

Other Interview Reviews for Reynolds and Reynolds

Software Support Specialist Interview

They seem to place a lot of emphasis on a logic-type aptitude test that I had taken when they were Universal Computer Systems (UCS). It had things like recognizing number patterns and word knowledge. It seems regardless of your ability to do well in a position with them, they place an inordinate amount of importance on the test for some reason. Even before they interview you and whether or not you desire to work there, they want your score.

They tested a lot of people and many don't get called back for an interview. The testing process takes more than an hour and can use up much of your time. I think you can learn how to take the test and do well on it. Even if you do well on it, it does not mean you will get a job offer from them. They contacted me some years later for my resume posting and was interested in interviewing me, which required taking that test again and filling out an application before having an interview and not knowing if I was even interested in the position. I decided to forgo their cumbersome process, especially since the pay was probably very modest for the effort.

Interview Questions
    • They seem to be very concerned about if an applicant uses of tobacco or smokes. Well, regardless if I do or not, they ought to factor in if allowing smoking has benefits. I worked in a technology department and a number of people smoked on their breaks because it relaxed them enough to overcome the stress and complete their projects.   Answer Question

Software Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Mississauga, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

I applied online - interviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds.

Sent my resume, got an email to call between times, had a 10 minute phone interview about basic eligibility and salary expectations. Had to complete 2 hour aptitude test and ethics survey with timed and untimed sections, as well as detailed application form.

Software Support Specialist Interview

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds in December 2011.

I applied to the company and then heard back shortly after. Before I had an interview I had to take about 2-3 hours of assessments including math, vocabulary and personality tests. I then had an interview over skype that lasted about 45 mins in which I was asked basic questions like "where do you see yourself in 5 years?" and "what are you looking for in a job?". At the end of the interview I was explained what the position would be like and asked if I was still interested. After the interview I was contacted again and asked to take another round of personality and ethics assessments.

Interview Questions

Worked for Reynolds and Reynolds? Contribute to the Community!