Reynolds and Reynolds

www.reyrey.com

Reynolds and Reynolds Technical Writing Specialist Interview Questions & Reviews

Average Difficulty
4 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

College Station, TX

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds in November 2013.

Interview Details – I heard from the company within a week of applying online. First, they sent me some personal questions to answer. After that, I received another email asking me to choose three dates and times for the on-site test. I was also told to complete the personality questionnaire and aptitude test online before my testing date. I didn't find the tests particularly difficult, but I did have to review for the algebra word problems.

I retook the math portion of the test at the testing center. It had three sections, and I finished it in an hour or so. I found the questions to be more difficult this time, but they weren't impossible by any means. I didn't guess on any questions; if I didn't know them, I skipped them because there's no penalty for it. If you answer a question incorrectly, you're deducted .25 of a point. That was just my strategy though.

After I finished the test, a man asked if I had time to talk to a recruiter. The questions were generic, but I felt off about the interview. For some reason they chose to have me test and interview in College Station even though the position is in Houston; so, the recruiter said I'd have to interview in Houston next. However, I didn't expect to hear from the Houston office. All in all, I was at the testing center for two hours.

Anyway, needless to say, I received the "no thanks" email three days later.

Interview Question – What are the cons of this position?   Answer Question

Houston, TX

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds in June 2012.

Interview Details – I initially applied online for the Technical Writing Specialist. About four days later, I got the "we are interested in hearing from you" email and called to set up a time to go in and take the aptitude test. I went in, took the test which lasted about an hour, then went in to wait for a recruiter. After about 30 minutes with the recruiter, I was now being considered for a different position that was a MUCH better fit for my background and one I was extremely enthusiastic about. I was told I would be called in 3-5 business days for another interview.

The next day I was called to set up an interview with the department manager. I went in for that and again, it was all positive feedback. I took a small department test relating directly to the position I was being considered for and impressed the manager. I then set up an interview to meet with the director. I figured at this interview I would receive an offer.

No such luck. I interviewed with the director and it was all the same questions as the two interviews before. I was then told they'd contact me within 3-5 business days. So now I am waiting it out. I won't lie, I will be very disappointed if I do not receive an offer as I had no negative feedback and the fact that the company took time to bring me back three times should mean something. We'll see.

Interview Question – no difficult or unexpected interview questions.   Answer Question

Houston, TX

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds in December 2011.

Interview Details – I applied online through the company webisite against my better judgement. I was told in the automated email that they would contact me in 5 to 7 days if they wanted to move forward in the process. Days went by and I finally received an email to contact the recruiting center, which I did. I did a "phone interview" with the recruiting rep. The questions were the same as the ones answered in the email when I applied. After the 10-15 minutes conversation she set up a day for me to come in and test. I was also told I would need to complete the online application as well as the pre employment assessment(s). I researched this company throughly and even contemplated not going in for the test. I figured they accept many applicants just to fill a quote.

I went in anyway and was immediately put off. I walked to the receptionist desk and was not acknowledged. A sign directed me to the recruitment office. Once inside, the other receptionist smiled and gave me an EEOC form to complete before saying anything to me. Once I filled it out she asked me for my name and set me up to go the next room to begin the assessment.I walked into the room and saw I was one of a continuing stream of about 20 or so people who filed in and out of the room over the next hour. Everyone of us there for "assessments". I decided to just do it and get it over with. I am not strong in math and even though I found this uneccessary since I had not applied for a position that would require math, I tried my best.

After an hour I returned to the front desk, was asked a series of questions, and politely told that they would be in touch in the next few days. I already began preparing myself for the obligatory "we decided to go with other applicants, etc. etc." email. I haven't received it yet but I did test on a Friday so I figured it won't come until next week. One thing I did notice was that none of the other applicants were interviewed either. Not sure if this means anything but all in all my experience mirrored many others here.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Houston, TX

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds in September 2011.

Interview Details – This is the Houston branch. Straight away, you walk in and you see a huge F160 race car. It was pretty neat but not what I was here for so I ignored it and went to the recruiting office. I had already taken a small personality and aptiude test at home prior to coming there, where they told me that I had to come in for more testing and an interview "if they had time." They really mean--If you pass the 2 round of tests. Apparently I did , and I got an interview. However, they kept on pushing the Marketing Analyst position on me and I really wouldn't mind taking it. So here I am... wanting to see what happens after that and what all that means

Interview Question – What other experiences other than your academic experience can you bring to the company.   Answer Question

Worked for Reynolds and Reynolds? Contribute to the Community!