Rhapsody International

Relevance Date Difficulty

Program Manager Interview

Program Manager

Interviewed at Rhapsody International

Interview Details – Initial meeting was very casual and was directly with the hiring manager. The next step was several hours in the office in a series of 1:1 with various team members focusing on different topics.

Interview Question – How would you design a product which allows you to integrate with multiple billing providers? What would be your approach and what would you consider?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer

I applied online and interviewed at Rhapsody International.

Interview Details – I was emailed about an opportunity to do a phone interview, which was great. On the day before the phone interview I was asked if we could do it that day instead, but I had another interview to go to. Initially I said no, but then said 'call immediately'. I did not get a call. I also did not get a call on the day scheduled, so I sent an email asking what happened. Still no response....

Senior SW Developer Interview

Senior SW Developer
Seattle, WA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Rhapsody International in August 2013.

Interview Details – Phone screening, then 4 hours on side interview. Thought it went well, but recruiter called saying they decided not to proceed with offer.

Interview Question – data structure, algorithm, Java questions, database   Answer Question

Senior IOS Developer Interview

Senior IOS Developer
Seattle, WA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Rhapsody International.

Interview Details – It started with an HR call. I talked with the HR person off and on letting them know my interests and needs. They seemed amenable to all of them so I figured moving forward with them would be good.

The next step was to have a technical phone screen which wasn't a big deal. Everything went well.

It was then they informed me they wanted me to come in for a 6 hour interview to meet the team. I was frankly surprised that anyone nowadays does 6 hour interviews, I mean do they expect you to take time off your current job just to interview or something? I ended up taking an afternoon off to go in and interview with them for 2 hours. That went very well and I had really hoped the next step would be an offer.

But no, they wanted me to come in again and get in at least another 3 hours of interviews. I sighed and complied, reminding myself that this opportunity seemed like a good one and that they were going to be accommodating to my needs.

I all but aced that interview as well and was told that I'd hear something in a few days. The next day, I was surprised to receive a call from the HR person and she claimed she was putting together an offer letter and basically probed me to find out if I was still interested. I of course responded positively and they cryptically said that what I was asking for a salary may be a bit too high. I simply told her that I'd be happy with the low end of that range anyway and that didn't seem to change their tone. They did say to expect something the next day most likely. I figured if anything, they might try to offer me a lesser salary than what I expected and that I could hopefully negotiate with them considering what I was asking wasn't much more than I already made.

Well the next day came and went and so did the weekend. Mid-day Monday, I decided to give them a call. I left a voicemail and a few minutes later, I received an email from the HR person claiming that they decided not to pick me for the position because of the salary range I had requested.

Not only was I surprised but I was quite upset. They had easily agreed to the salary I requested when I had first talked with them over the phone and yet suddenly after all the interviews with nothing but positive feedback, I was just shut out of the position altogether without even a chance to negotiate.

Interview Question – Pretty standard iOS and development questions as well as managerial / teamwork questions. Nothing too difficult really.   Answer Question

Worked for Rhapsody International? Contribute to the Community!