Rhode Island College

Candidate Interview Review

Support Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Providence, RI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Providence, RI

I applied through other source. The process took 7+ monthsinterviewed at Rhode Island College in June 2013.

When I went to the interview I was impressed that the two supervisors had actually read my resume and supporting materials. They asked very specific questions about my past work. Most potential employers seem to have only scanned the resume and then ask standard canned questions during the interview. This interview was different as they clearly wanted to know my strengths and see if we would be a good fit.

Interview Questions
    • I have B.A. major that would not be expected in my job history. I was asked to explain. The question was thoughtful, not antagonistic.   View Answer
    Very straight forward. The salary was set and I knew that from the beginning of the application process. We did negotiate my schedule and it was worked out in a way that both provided coverage for the office and allowed me to meet my personal obligations. That process was excellent.