Rhode Island School of Design

Updated Oct 14, 2014

1.7

Interviews for Top Jobs at Rhode Island School of Design

Director Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Rhode Island School of Design.

HR representative called me for the initial phone interview. After the morning phone interview, I was contacted in the afternoon to make arrangements to come to campus the next week. I rearranged my schedule to be available for three days to fly out there, interview for a full day, and fly home.

I had eight short sessions during my interviews. That was fine. They filled up any downtime by showing me around campus, which usually would be fine but it was a very hot and humid day and of course I was in full suit, so I was very uncomfortable.

They told me their timeline was two - three weeks to make a decision. I didn't receive a response to my follow-ups and haven't heard from them since.

Maybe they decided I was a bad fit, but I do expect to be communicated with even if I'm being turned down for a position.

Interview Questions
    • An interviewer asked how I would take over projects from someone who was unwilling to hand them over, and was pretty obvious she was talking about someone I had interviewed with earlier. It was a very odd moment.   Answer Question

Office Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Providence, RI

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Rhode Island School of Design in October 2010.

I heard of openings and met with the person hiring at the admissions office. She was able to work out a schedule with me immediately, there was no formal interview.

CSI Employee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Providence, RI

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Rhode Island School of Design in August 2010.

Very basic interview process.