Rhythm & Hues Studios

Updated Nov 20, 2014
Updated Nov 20, 2014

2.6

Concept Artist Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Rhythm & Hues Studios.

I did a rush design job over the weekend and then they brought me in to work the next monday. No interview.

no negotiation

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Rhythm & Hues Studios.

Resume submission, phone interview, programming test, in-person interview with group and then small team, whiteboard exercises.

Interview Questions
    • Had to solve a linear algebra expression on the whiteboard.   Answer Question

Lighting TD Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Segundo, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Rhythm & Hues Studios in November 2012.

Interviewing was usually painless and I never felt like I was being grilled or intentionally stressed by the interviewers. The questions posed were on par and appropriate in how the information related to the job in question. Even during my first interview with Rhythm & Hues, I felt like I was part of the family.

Interview Questions
    • A few questions required a deep understanding of pipeline related issues and I feel that they were posed appropriately. I felt that the more difficult questions were valuable to them in gauging whether I had the aptitude to work in the more technical or artistic departments. Again, I never had the impression that the questions posed were with malicious intent.   Answer Question
    Simple. We were able to quickly arrive at an agreement with no more than 2 short phone conversations or emails. They are VERY honest about their financial situation and ability or inability to meet satisfactory financial compensation.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Segundo, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Rhythm & Hues Studios in December 2011.

The interview was fairly simple and straightforward as I had worked there before as a Junior FX TD. Both interviews were not as complicated as for other studios. They mainly ask you questions about what is on your demo reel.

Interview Questions
    • What is the most complex effect you have done so far and explain it.   Answer Question
    For the first time as a Junior, none. For the second time, you give them a number and they try to match it. They will also provide you with relocation and great health benefits.

FX TD Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Segundo, CA

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Rhythm & Hues Studios in September 2011.

Smooth going as far as the interview process. Met with a panel of potential managers and peers. Reviewed past work. Talked about the future of R&H and the type of work available on incoming projects. They were courteous and professional and took an interest in what I wanted to accomplish at R&H.

Simple and fast. A little e-mail back and forth.

Systems Operations and Render I/O Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Rhythm & Hues Studios in September 2010.

I spoke with several members of the team all in one room, including the hiring manager. Typical work ethic questions and basic conversation to get a feel for who I am and what I expect of the job. Quizzed me on linux knowledge and capability.

Interview Questions
    • Linux questions were difficult, as I was not as skilled in it as I'd hoped, but managed to squeak by.   Answer Question

Animator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Playa Vista, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Playa Vista, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Rhythm & Hues Studios in January 2009.

Had a one-hour phone interview. They asked about my availability. I was hired long distance, based on my resume and qualifications. I was then subsequently relocated by company.

Interview Questions
    Don't forget to ask for benefits in your deal or they will not include it. A co-worker of mine was able to get all his benefits included in his package and I did not because I didn't think to ask. Just assumed it was included.

BG Prep Apprentice Interview

Not so tough...need to have good knowledge and communication skills
    Prepare good for the Technical test
    Be sincere regarding your details
    Management is very friendly and encouraging
    First you will have Telephonic round,
    Second you will have a IQ test,
    then you will have a Technical test, Main one
    Then you will have the HR round, Final

Operations Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

interviewed at Rhythm & Hues Studios in June 2012.

I applied online. Only one thing which irritates that they took almost 2 months for the entire process.

Character Animation Apprentice Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai (India)
    Anonymous Employee in Mumbai (India)

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Rhythm & Hues Studios in May 2012.

it's quite straight forward. And I believe that everyone gets a fair shot, you need to be good at the job.
    - you are required to do the animation test
    - provided both your test and reel are found to be satisfactory, you'll receive a telephone interview call (out of the blue)
    - you are invited over to their studio for a studio test
    - The test files will be evaluated by rhythm and hues head office
    - If you pass the tests, you'll get the apprenticeship(3 Months)

To get the job.
    - You need to be consistent with work during your apprenticeship.
    - 3 months of consistency will fetch you the job

Overall its a great place to work. I'm not sure about how things have changed after it being acquired by Parana.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult thing here would be even clearing out to stage 1. Once you get this far, it's not too hard.   Answer Question