Ricardo

Ricardo Interview Questions

Updated Jan 25, 2015
Updated Jan 25, 2015

Engineer Interview

I applied through other source – interviewed at Ricardo.

They scheduled a phone interview, apparently they blew it off. Did not return calls or e-mails regarding it either. Pretty unprofessional.

Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Van Buren Township, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Van Buren Township, MI

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Ricardo in January 2011.

It was the standard interview process. Spoke with several people. Did a CAD test by modeling a piston part. Was nothing special. Not a lot of specifics pertaining to position and how the company works. You may be told one thing and will experience something completely different. When I eventually started, two of the interviewees were no longer with the company.
    When I started the job, I was put in a group that was different then the one that I was told I would be in.

There was no negotiation phase.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in West Nyack, NY
    Anonymous Employee in West Nyack, NY

The process took a dayinterviewed at Ricardo in November 2010.

I had one interview at the time. They would ask simple common sense question about a friend you have and how you would help the company in the future.
    It is best to also tell them that you are motivated individual and focus on keeping customers
    happy.
    The people and the office had an inviting feel, and everyone was friendly and helping each other out.

Interview Questions
    • How would you use your skills to help out the company in the future?   Answer Question

Graduate Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 8 weeksinterviewed at Ricardo.

Very streamlined interview, great experience, waiting for an offer/rejection now. Consisted of a preparing a presentation on one of four topics and a 1:2 interview with a technical member of staff and a HR member of staff. Assessment day was at the Shoreham site which is on the south coast near Brighton, bit of a trek from some northern areas of the country!

Interview Questions
    • What main issues face the Automotive industry over the next ten years?   Answer Question

Project Engineer Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at Ricardo in May 2012.

they asked about my research experience during my PhD study, this part is good, but furthermore, more questions about engine modeling, combustion cycle and vehicle design come out, which are not listed in the job description.

Interview Questions
    • Please describe the engine modeling, how many and what components would you like to consider for a model of a combustion engine   Answer Question

Head of Rail Interview

Anonymous Employee in Shoreham-by-Sea, England (UK)
    Anonymous Employee in Shoreham-by-Sea, England (UK)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Ricardo in April 2009.

Initial communication was via an agency, though there was direct communication with the organisation. The position on offer and its corresponding role was not thoroughly thought out. The implications of what the organisation was trying to achive in the timescales declared was not fully understood. The interview was vey informal and easy going with both of the interviewers being both friendly and hospitable. Though they were not asking for candidates with powertrain experience, they clearly were looking for that technical capability. The organisation was suffering as part of the economic downturn in the auto industry and seeking to expand into the rail industry.

Senior Associate Interview

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Ricardo in August 2008.

Was contacted by a former co-worker. Told me about the opportunity to be part of a group that was formed recently. Sold me on entrepreneurial nature of the firm, potential for faster growth, higher levels of responsibility and rewards more closely tied to efforts. Liked the partner who was starting this group and decided to make the switch.

Interview Questions
    • Describe your most significant leadership experience.   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you had to work with a difficult client.   Answer Question