Rice University Postdoctoral Research Associate Interview Questions & Reviews

3 interviews

2.7

3 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I interviewed online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Rice University in August 2010.

Interview process was smooth. It includes meeting with lab members, supervisor, discussing the proposed project that you work on etc. We had a lunch with lab members and dinner. I presented my past research. Then I needed to wait couple more weeks to hear from the faculty who interviewed me. I negotiated the salary but it was fixed and nothing has changed from the initial offer.

Other Interview Reviews for Rice University

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I interviewed in-person. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Rice University in November 2011.

E-mailed the professor I wanted to work with. Scheduled an interview which consisted of a 1-hour presentation with lots of questions and a 1-on-1 talk with the professor. Met a few of the lab members.

Interview Questions
    I told him what the NIH recommends for a beginning Postdoc. He agreed to the salary.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Rice University in November 2009.

There was alot of time in between the phone interview, the face-to-face and offer.

Interview Questions
    I was not able to negotiate, but I was offered the highest pay for the position.

Worked for Rice University? Contribute to the Community!