RichRelevance Interview Questions

3.1

Data Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at RichRelevance in August 2014.

Interview

Interviewed several times for different positions. Staff with whom I interviewed were very courteous and seemed like great people to work with. Unfortunately, the process was very hectic. I was told on two separate occasions that the position I had just interviewed for would no longer fit in their budget.

Interview Questions

• Nothing particularly difficult or unexpected. Some skills based interview questions, but mostly behavioral type.   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Multiple interviews. Technical.

Human Resources Generalist Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at RichRelevance.

Interview

1 phone screen with recruiter, 3 in-person interviews

Negotiation

Negotiated only to be denied.

Sales Director Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at RichRelevance in June 2013.

Interview

The initial interview was through an internal recruiter, screening on behalf of the hiring manager (It was the person listed as the contact on the listing though). It was very quick from inquiry to getting the first phone discussion. I was recommended into the recruiter from a friend which may have helped receive a response. The interviewer was very polite and quite candid, which was extremely refreshing.

Interview Questions

• There were no difficult questions. Very straight forward.   1 Answer

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at RichRelevance (New York, NY) in May 2013.

Interview

Intense but organized interview process. Two phone screens, 3 hours of 30 minute Skype sessions with employees in other offices, flew to HQ's and confirmed offer all within 2 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Having to speculate what might be wrong when sales went down for a Retailer. Not fully understanding the products at the time of the interview made this challenging   Answer Question

Negotiation

They did slightly better comp wise from where I came from

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at RichRelevance (San Francisco, CA) in March 2013.

Interview

First I was contacted by HR on telephone which was to know the skills that I had and technologies based on my resume like Hadoop, MapReduce, etc. Second interview was a telephonic interview with a Senior Software engineer who asked basic questions on Algorithms, data structures like detecting loop in link list. I had a bit a UI in my resume so he also asked me stuff about jQuery like selectors, selecting elements using attributes. Third Interview was also telephonic with a very senior engineer. He asked me to code on how to find unique words for the given string and return the count as well. The next week after the interview I got a positive result. The company interview process was pretty smooth and fast for me.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at RichRelevance (San Francisco, CA) in November 2012.

Interview

My interview process was slightly different (longer) than most people, due to some circumstances at the time. First was the phone screening with a Director of Engineering, afterwhich I was cleared for a 4-hour on-site technical interview with the same director and three other senior engineers. The last time I interviewed for a job was 9 years ago, so I was understandably very nervous going into it. However, my nerves were quickly tamed as the process started. Everybody treated me very well and with respect. They looked at my huge resume carefully; two of them even cared enough to read all the way to my first job. The conversations were technically stimulating, and they were more like two-way discussions instead of tests and quizzes. Being all nervous and having to think on my feet, I occasionally stumbled or did not come up with the best solutions the first-time around. However, they always encouraged me to re-think the problem/solution in a different way, which then helped me come up with a better solution. If I honestly said that I did not have an answer for the question, they respected my honesty and cared enough to explain the answer. The third interview was a web chat with one of the principal engineers in a different location. The experience was again very positive and involved two-way discussions. The interview was held to specifically gauge my knowledge on a specific programming language and to figure out what my technical interests are. The fourth and last interview was with another Director of Engineering and one more software engineer. More technical questions (data structure and algorithm) from the engineer, and discussions involving technical experience and interests with the director. Two things that stood out from the experience: - The technical questions were appropriate and challenging at the same time, which I actually liked. To me, it means that they want the best engineers, and you would be working with some of the best talents in the industry - Although I believe that my interviewers were some of the smartest engineers in the area, there was not a single hint of rockstar attitude. My impression was that they were nice to talk to, humble, willing to share knowledge, and treat people with respect. That speaks a lot about the individuals' and company's core values.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at RichRelevance (San Francisco, CA) in May 2012.

Interview

Pretty strict interview process - you'd better know your stuff, especially programming, algorithms, optimization, design etc. Phone screen with a senior engineer, then more technical phone screen with another senior engineer. Onsite face-to-face with various engineering staff from mid-level all the way to VP. Lots of whiteboard coding, but lots of "culture" questions too. They definitely want to make sure they're someone they can work with and not just a "Rain Man" type. Broad grilling on diverse technical topics, and be prepared to speak knowledgeably about anything on your resume. The offer came quickly after. Interviewers obviously very smart people, and very technical, so no BSing.

Interview Questions

• A couple of the programming challenges were difficult under stress - such as "find the longest sequence of <something> in a series of numbers" - not that exact question, but that type of thing. Then, "how would you make your solution faster?".   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at RichRelevance (Seattle, WA) in January 2012.

Interview

Initial phone screen with a principal software engineer. Questions are very hard and relevant. Followed up with on site interview. Impressed with the people.

Interview Questions

• Make sure you know your computer science fundamentals.   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at RichRelevance (New York, NY) in January 2012.

Interview

Employee referral - had 2 in-person interviews and small assignment to complete. HR was very helpful during the whole process as was the on-boarding experience.

Negotiation

Was able to negotiate- they