Richards Group Interview Questions

Updated Aug 7, 2014
Updated Aug 7, 2014

Public Relations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Richards Group in May 2014.

You begin by submitting a resume and cover-letter to the recruitment website. Eventually you are either contacted or you aren't. I was contacted a month after submitting my resume. This was about a month before the summer internship term started. You are contacted by a recruiter about scheduling some interviews. I was living outside of Dallas so my interviews were scheduled to be conducted over the phone. Within 45 minutes, I had three interviews with three different concentrations within PR: Cause, Corporate, and B to B. I was given a brief description about each concentration and asked questions regarding my future career path. What was my passion? How had I used previous experience to either discover or explore that passion? What could I bring to the table regarding this concentration that set me apart? Also, every single interviewer asked me if I felt comfortable in my ability to research. Research is maybe 75% of what TRG PR interns do. After the interviews I was told to wait for a response from the recruiter. The recruiter reached out to me and asked if I would schedule one more interview. Apparently, since I expressed interest in politics and public affairs, every single one of my interviewers referred my name to a specific manager. This manager conducted my fourth and final interview. This interview was much more content specific but by no means a technical interview. Though I'm still not sure exactly how it works, by the end of the interview the interviewer told me that he would recommend that TRG extend the offer. A couple of days later I received an email from the recruiter extending the offer.

Brand Management Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 months - interviewed at Richards Group.

The interview process was quite intensive and took several months. I was young in my career and they made me take a aptitude test (kind of like an SAT). It was multiple choice and it was timed.

Interview Questions
    • Name a brand (not a TRG client) that is doing great branding work right now.   View Answer
    I did not negotiate.

Brand Planner Interview

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Richards Group.

I had two recruiters interview me in a 30 minute session - 10 to 15 minutes for one interviewer. Both are very casual and Round 1-ish. No unexpected questions but they kept wanting you to provide more examples after you elaborate things on your resume. I never got a reply from them, which is frustrating.

Interview Questions
    • Other examples outside your resume that show your skills   Answer Question

Brand Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Richards Group.

You have an initial phone interview then they bring you in for a 2-3 hour block to interview with 4+ people. After each 30 minute interview the interviewers fill out an assessment. If a single person says they aren't interested in working with you, you wont get the job.

Brand Planner Interview

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Richards Group.

Multiple phone interviews before in person interview.

Social Strategy Internship Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 months - interviewed at Richards Group in November 2013.

Incredibly lengthy.
    I was first contacted by an HR rep (outsourced). She was very polite and arranged a phone interview. A few weeks later, she arranged the first of multiple phone interviews with TRG. I was very excited, because I had made it past the initial interview. I blocked out large chunks of time for these interviews, but I knew they were worth it. Each conversation I had was challenging, but rewarding. All signs pointed to me working with them.
    A few weeks went by and they arranged an in person interview. I figured this was a formality-- because I had already spoken to several members of the company.
    This was exciting, because I had the chance to meet them face to face. Again, in each conversation I found myself thinking outside the box-- ready and willing to answer their difficult questions. I left feeling very eager-- and imagining myself working for such an incredible company.
    A few weeks past and I couldn't figure it out. There were no red flags along the way--so why wasn't I decorating my cubicle by now?
    Then, I received an email telling me that there was one more person I needed to meet with.
    WOW. A Second in person interview-- and they wanted to make sure I met with one more person. What an honor!
    I was so excited, that I bought a new dress.
    This interview was a little different. I could tell he wasn't used to interviewing. He'd ask 3 questions in a row (sometimes unrelated) so I would try to condense my answers to fit the time. In the end I enjoyed this interview-- because it felt relaxed.
    2 weeks later, I received a form letter notifying me I was not selected for the position.
    I was told that they enjoyed meeting me and getting to know me-- but I didn't have enough experience-- for an internship.

It wasn't completely clear why I didn't receive an offer-- but I loved meeting everyone and wish them luck.

Brand Management Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Richards Group in December 2013.

I was pleasantly surprised when I was contacted within an hour of applying to set up an interview

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions. Everyone was extremely informal.   Answer Question
    No negotiation

Brand Media Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Richards Group in October 2013.

Initial interest in me started with a 30 minute phone conversation. The phone conversation was with 2 ladies from HR. Then I had a 2 hour interview with 9 people of the current Brand Media staff coming in the room in 2s or 3s for about 30 minutes each. We discussed the internship briefly, then majority of the interview was me asking questions specific to the position.

Interview Questions
    • Questions about Excel features and what would your dream account be in which medium?   View Answer

Brand Media Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Richards Group in August 2013.

The interview process was tough! It was an hour long and consisted of conversation with 4 different individuals, all of which were very polite and engaging. Questions were straight-forward; nothing that was irrelevant to the position I was applying for. They really want to get a feel for you and if you'd fit in with their "standards." I honestly have never walked out of an interview more confident! It took about a month to finally get the interview and once I did, I was offered the position the next day.

Interview Questions
    • Every question was relative to the position, nothing too complicated. They really just wanted to see what my experience was and what I could bring to TRG.   Answer Question

Brand Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Richards Group.

Typical interview process- Everyone I have come into contact with during interviews from TRG has been EXTREMELY stiff, unfriendly, all-work-no-play, and very difficult to talk to. Seems like they are trying to grill you and wait for you to slip up rather than root for you. They will pack in tons of questions and make it very one-sided and un-conversational. Correspondence is absolutely awful as well- I never even got an email saying whether I got the job or not.

Worked for Richards Group? Contribute to the Community!