Richmond American Homes Interview Questions

Updated Jun 5, 2015

2.8

Sales Associate Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Richmond American Homes in April 2015.

Interview

I applied online, two days later I was contacted by a recruiter for a phone interview. I had a brief phone interview, she told me she think I made a good fit, I set up in person interview over the phone. I had my in person interview a week and half later, after the interview I did a sales personality test, then I was asked to complete my background check. It took about 4 days to come back then I was offered a position.

New Home Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Richmond American Homes.

Interview

If you can make it past the HR recruiters, you have to take a number of personality and Sales personality tests and a phone interview before reaching a Sales Manager. 2 of the 3 sales managers are very fair and great interviewers. You need to be goal oriented and driven. That's far more important than previous sales experience.

Interview Questions

• How much money do you want to make?   1 Answer

Negotiation

none

New Home Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Richmond American Homes.

Interview

First I had to fill out an application on-line. Then I got a call from HR in Denver. The sent me a link so that I could take the attitude test. One I passed the attitude test, then they scheduled an interview with hiring manager. I sat down with hiring manager. It was more of a conversation than an interview. Not a difficult process.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There is no negotiation. This is a commission based position

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

The process took a weekinterviewed at Richmond American Homes (Denver, CO).

Interview

Once you go through the initial interview, you will take a personality quiz. Be honest on the quiz as it will lead to the next step in your interview. My situation was unique, so I only had one "interview" after that test, then received my offer letter and HR info that same day.

Interview Questions

• Do you strongly agree, agree, disagree or strongly disagree that it is harder to sell to a buyer that is wealthy, well educated, successful and or looking for luxury? (or something along those lines!)   Answer Question

Negotiation

Very easy - offer letter was sent, signed and started the next week.

Purchasing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Richmond American Homes (Irvine, CA) in December 2012.

Interview

Applied October 22nd. Got a phone call from Director of Purchasing a month later...Talked about my experience...Asked to me to come in three days after the phone call...Met with him at the Irvine, CA HQ...Friendly guy. Real calm. Showed a lot of interest. Went over my resume and asked what i did in each and every job in my resume. My drafting experience standed out even though, I was not a drafter anymore and changed my career path to business. I sent a Thank you letter, and he responded. Got a call from manager the following week to see if I was still interested. Then I got a call from corporate (Tough questions). I got a background check. I was asked to come in a 2nd time to the office to feel out the team and meet the VP. The team was told it like it was...They didnt sugar coat...Then I met with the VP alone and he was friendly and asked about my background talked abou tthe company. He said, "The company is not perfect"

Interview Questions

• Question from Corporate from Colorado:
      "If our Trade Partner's sells us copper and the price of copper went up 30%, how would you negotiate with them since the company's goal is to lower cost?"
      "How would you go about calculating how much drywall we need in a project?"

"Why did you apply at this position?" "Why do you want to work here?" " Where do want to be in the next couple of years?"

Answer Question

Negotiation

I took the offer. I asked if the offer was highest and best, they said if I want to counter they would need make a proposal to corporate. Didnt feel like any room for negotiation, so I took the offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Richmond American Homes (Denver, CO) in September 2012.

Interview

Easy enough; but the person that interviewed me was not a Salesman - the questions were idiotic. I was told a bunch of lies. If you do work here make sure you get a good community - LOCATION, LOCATION, LOCATION = $$$$; anything else is just that....the organization is full of anal retentive personalities; never happy no matter how hard you work.

Interview Questions

• What are you going to do with all the money you make (BTW, the amount told never was possible; but I discovered this only after I took the job of course)?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No neg. Entry level to start, w/o experience in new home sales I did start at $500/weekly; from there 1.3% commission only (after you are promoted - varies dependent upon your sex (sorry but true); the area I worked liked to keep the money flowing to the boy's club.

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Richmond American Homes (Phoenix, AZ) in May 2010.

Interview

Two interviews - one with sales management and the other with the Division President. Be prepared to answer detailed questions describing how you handled difficult situations in previous positions.

Interview Questions

• Describe the most difficult situation you've had while working that you were not able to resolve and how you handled that situation.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation available.

Senior CopyWriter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Richmond American Homes (Denver, CO) in February 2010.

Interview

Interviewer was very nice and the interview was informative. However, after the interview, although I attempted to contact the interviewer via email, I never received any follow-up response.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about the most difficult project you've worked on, and what outcome was.   13 Answers

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Richmond American Homes in February 2009.

Interview

I was contacted and pre-interviewed by a Richmond recruiter for a drafting position. She then passed my resume on to the department that was hiring. After a few days they called me to come in to interview with the department heads. There were 2 of them that I sat down in the interview with. They were pleasant and did not ask any crazy questions. The questions were all related to the position they were filling. One note is the recruiter said the job required some communication with outside contractors, etc., but the department heads said it was basically a strictly drafting position.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through other source – interviewed at Richmond American Homes (Irvine, CA) in December 2008.

Interview

Interview with sales manager.

Negotiation

Submitted offer for compensation.