Richmond American Homes

Richmond American Homes Interview Questions

3.1

New Home Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

The process took a weekinterviewed at Richmond American Homes.

Once you go through the initial interview, you will take a personality quiz. Be honest on the quiz as it will lead to the next step in your interview. My situation was unique, so I only had one "interview" after that test, then received my offer letter and HR info that same day.

Interview Questions
    • Do you strongly agree, agree, disagree or strongly disagree that it is harder to sell to a buyer that is wealthy, well educated, successful and or looking for luxury? (or something along those lines!)   Answer Question
    Very easy - offer letter was sent, signed and started the next week.

Purchasing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Richmond American Homes in December 2012.

Applied October 22nd. Got a phone call from Director of Purchasing a month later...Talked about my experience...Asked to me to come in three days after the phone call...Met with him at the Irvine, CA HQ...Friendly guy. Real calm. Showed a lot of interest. Went over my resume and asked what i did in each and every job in my resume. My drafting experience standed out even though, I was not a drafter anymore and changed my career path to business. I sent a Thank you letter, and he responded. Got a call from manager the following week to see if I was still interested. Then I got a call from corporate (Tough questions). I got a background check. I was asked to come in a 2nd time to the office to feel out the team and meet the VP. The team was told it like it was...They didnt sugar coat...Then I met with the VP alone and he was friendly and asked about my background talked abou tthe company. He said, "The company is not perfect"

Interview Questions
    • Question from Corporate from Colorado:
      "If our Trade Partner's sells us copper and the price of copper went up 30%, how would you negotiate with them since the company's goal is to lower cost?"
      "How would you go about calculating how much drywall we need in a project?"

"Why did you apply at this position?" "Why do you want to work here?" " Where do want to be in the next couple of years?"
        Answer Question
    I took the offer. I asked if the offer was highest and best, they said if I want to counter they would need make a proposal to corporate. Didnt feel like any room for negotiation, so I took the offer.

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Richmond American Homes in May 2010.

Two interviews - one with sales management and the other with the Division President. Be prepared to answer detailed questions describing how you handled difficult situations in previous positions.

Interview Questions
    • Describe the most difficult situation you've had while working that you were not able to resolve and how you handled that situation.   Answer Question
    No negotiation available.

Senior CopyWriter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Richmond American Homes in February 2010.

Interviewer was very nice and the interview was informative. However, after the interview, although I attempted to contact the interviewer via email, I never received any follow-up response.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about the most difficult project you've worked on, and what outcome was.   View Answers (13)

Architectural Drafting Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Richmond American Homes in February 2009.

I was contacted and pre-interviewed by a Richmond recruiter for a drafting position. She then passed my resume on to the department that was hiring. After a few days they called me to come in to interview with the department heads. There were 2 of them that I sat down in the interview with. They were pleasant and did not ask any crazy questions. The questions were all related to the position they were filling. One note is the recruiter said the job required some communication with outside contractors, etc., but the department heads said it was basically a strictly drafting position.

New Home Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

I applied through other source – interviewed at Richmond American Homes in December 2008.

Interview with sales manager.

Submitted offer for compensation.

New Home Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Richmond American Homes in October 2009.

The hiring process was long but worth it especially in the type of financial and economic state the country is and was in at time of interview. The interviewers were fair, straightforward and asked intelligent questions focusing on past performance and use of skill sets. Once the 1 on 1 interview was reached and satisfactory the process speed up and went quickly. Getting to that point, however, was a slow and without updates.

Interview Questions
    • How does your previous experience prepare you to be an immediate assest to a sales organization?   Answer Question