Richmond American Homes

Relevance Date Difficulty

New Home Sales Associate Interview

New Home Sales Associate
Denver, CO

The process took 1 week - interviewed at Richmond American Homes.

Interview Details – Once you go through the initial interview, you will take a personality quiz. Be honest on the quiz as it will lead to the next step in your interview. My situation was unique, so I only had one "interview" after that test, then received my offer letter and HR info that same day.

Interview Question – Do you strongly agree, agree, disagree or strongly disagree that it is harder to sell to a buyer that is wealthy, well educated, successful and or looking for luxury? (or something along those lines!)   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Very easy - offer letter was sent, signed and started the next week.

Purchasing Analyst Interview

Irvine, CA

I applied through other source and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Richmond American Homes in December 2012.

Interview Details – Applied October 22nd. Got a phone call from Director of Purchasing a month later...Talked about my experience...Asked to me to come in three days after the phone call...Met with him at the Irvine, CA HQ...Friendly guy. Real calm. Showed a lot of interest. Went over my resume and asked what i did in each and every job in my resume. My drafting experience standed out even though, I was not a drafter anymore and changed my career path to business. I sent a Thank you letter, and he responded. Got a call from manager the following week to see if I was still interested. Then I got a call from corporate (Tough questions). I got a background check. I was asked to come in a 2nd time to the office to feel out the team and meet the VP. The team was told it like it was...They didnt sugar coat...Then I met with the VP alone and he was friendly and asked about my background talked abou tthe company. He said, "The company is not perfect"

Interview Question – Question from Corporate from Colorado:
"If our Trade Partner's sells us copper and the price of copper went up 30%, how would you negotiate with them since the company's goal is to lower cost?"
"How would you go about calculating how much drywall we need in a project?"

"Why did you apply at this position?" "Why do you want to work here?" " Where do want to be in the next couple of years?"
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I took the offer. I asked if the offer was highest and best, they said if I want to counter they would need make a proposal to corporate. Didnt feel like any room for negotiation, so I took the offer.

New Home Sales Associate Interview

New Home Sales Associate
Irvine, CA

I applied through other source - interviewed at Richmond American Homes in December 2008.

Interview Details – Interview with sales manager.

Negotiation Details – Submitted offer for compensation.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Senior Copywriter Interview

Denver, CO

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Richmond American Homes in February 2010.

Interview Details – Interviewer was very nice and the interview was informative. However, after the interview, although I attempted to contact the interviewer via email, I never received any follow-up response.

Interview Question – Tell me about the most difficult project you've worked on, and what outcome was.   View Answers (13)

Sales Interview

Phoenix, AZ

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Richmond American Homes in May 2010.

Interview Details – Two interviews - one with sales management and the other with the Division President. Be prepared to answer detailed questions describing how you handled difficult situations in previous positions.

Interview Question – Describe the most difficult situation you've had while working that you were not able to resolve and how you handled that situation.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation available.

Architectural Drafting Interview

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Richmond American Homes in February 2009.

Interview Details – I was contacted and pre-interviewed by a Richmond recruiter for a drafting position. She then passed my resume on to the department that was hiring. After a few days they called me to come in to interview with the department heads. There were 2 of them that I sat down in the interview with. They were pleasant and did not ask any crazy questions. The questions were all related to the position they were filling. One note is the recruiter said the job required some communication with outside contractors, etc., but the department heads said it was basically a strictly drafting position.

New Home Specialist Interview

I applied online and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Richmond American Homes in October 2009.

Interview Details – The hiring process was long but worth it especially in the type of financial and economic state the country is and was in at time of interview. The interviewers were fair, straightforward and asked intelligent questions focusing on past performance and use of skill sets. Once the 1 on 1 interview was reached and satisfactory the process speed up and went quickly. Getting to that point, however, was a slow and without updates.

Interview Question – How does your previous experience prepare you to be an immediate assest to a sales organization?   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Richmond American Homes? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Richmond American Homes interview questions and advice. All 7 interview reviews posted anonymously by Richmond American Homes employees and interview candidates.