Ricky's

Relevance Date Difficulty

Ecommerce Interview

Ecommerce
New York, NY

I applied online - interviewed at Ricky's in December 2013.

Interview Details – The person I was supposed to interview with never showed or was unavailable. I ended up meeting another individual who wasn't prepared to meet with me but was able to have a nice conversation and review my background as well as theirs. it was very casual interview. I wrote a thank you note but never even heard back to even say I didnt get the job. i thought it was very unprofessional to have interviews scheduled snd the person not show up and then dont even send a letter or anything saying hou did not get the job.

Interview Question – Very casual basically just asked to discuss my background.   Answer Question

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Seasonal Sales Associate

I applied online and interviewed at Ricky's.

Interview Details – group interview stand out

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Seasonal Sales Associate
New York, NY

I applied through a staffing agency - interviewed at Ricky's in October 2013.

Interview Details – It was only one interview with Ricky's and it was very quick. You get a few questions and Then let you know your hired on the spot.

Interview Question – There were none all the questions are basic. Like, Why do you want to work for Ricky's?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – NO negotiating base pay is minimum wage_= 7.25

Brooklyn, NY

I applied online - interviewed at Ricky's in October 2013.

Interview Details – You have to email them your resume then go thier building

Interview Question – most unexpected question , when the last time you had good customer service   View Answer

Reason for Declining – They didnt like my thursday time

Assistant Manager Interview

Assistant Manager
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Ricky's.

Interview Details – I applied via craigslist. Got a call back within that same week. The actual first interview was with an HR assistant who pre-screened me. Basic questions like "How would you diffuse a situation?" "What is a tough situation you were in? How did you resolve it?" "What can you bring to our company?" I was love hair and cosmetics so I was very passionate about my love for the industry.

Interview Question – Nothing unexpected   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no real negotiation because I didn't have management experience. The head HR manager basically said I know you're worth the money,but you don't have the experience to make a salary that senior staff or store managers are making. I accepted at $36,000. BUT, my store manager quit after 3 months and I was promoted to sotre manager where i negotiated 40K.

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Ricky's in September 2013.

Interview Details – Saw an AD on Craigslist and sent an email to them. A week later I got an email saying that I can come on for a group interview the following monday. Upon my arrival it was a small group. Like 8 of us. Others was filling out their applications. A few minutes later a lady came in & asked us to introduce ourselves and name on word that describes us. Then she asked questions like..name a time you had to deal with a rude customer and how u handled it, how should a manager act (something like that) . And another question. The questions are optional, but STILL ANSWER THEM!!! Your availability and answers determine your hiring. Good luck!

Interview Question – None, easy as pie.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None. They told you at the door.

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Ricky's in August 2012.

Interview Details – There was a group interview, followed up by a one-on-one interview. If you got the second interview, you got the job. The interview asked general questions.

Interview Question – Any skill in selling the stuff at Rickys? ie: hair stuff   View Answer

Negotiation Details – there was no negotiation phase it was just here is what you will be paid.

Sales Associate

I applied through other source and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Ricky's in April 2012.

Interview Details – Well there was a job fair at my local high school so I had a small interview with them. And then a month later I was asked to come in for an interview with the District Manager. I started the week after my interview.The questions were the simple interview questions such as "three words to describe you" and "your greatest weakness". Also asked about what qualities I possess to help the company. Basic interview questions.

Interview Question – There really weren't any hard questions, standard interview questions.   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

Assistant Manager
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Ricky's.

Interview Details – It took five minutes, at most. If you can speak with proper English, if you have a decent education and retail experience you will be considered for a management position. It seemed as though the only purpose of the interview is to make sure that you have more than a peanut for a brain. This company is a joke.

Interview Question – Really easy questions like the following: what are the characteristics of a good manager?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I needed the job too much to risk pushing it. It seemed that there wasn't going to be very much negotiation before I was shown the door,

New York, NY

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Ricky's.

Interview Details – Hand in an application and I received a phone call from the HR department for a group interview. Went around the room asked pretty basic questions like "Why do you want to work here?", What are my strengths and weaknesses?" after you are done with group interview I received a phone call the next day for a one on one where they hired me after asking a few more questions. Overall it was pretty easy. Just be presentable, well spoken and show that you really enjoy working there and its not just a job,

Interview Question – Dream job and how can Rickys help achieve that goal   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Ricky's

Worked for Ricky's? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Ricky's interview questions and advice. All 18 interview reviews posted anonymously by Ricky's employees and interview candidates.