Ricky's

Updated Nov 12, 2014
Updated Nov 12, 2014

1.8

Administrative Assistant Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Ricky's in September 2014.

First I received an email about setting up a phone interview/screening later that same day. During the phone interview I was asked what I knew about the company, then I was asked about my related experience. I was then given an overview what the job entailed, company history, etc. I was on the phone with them for about 15 minutes and was invited for a face-to-face interview for the next day. The actual interview was over pretty quickly and since most of the real questions were asked over the phone, they just went over my resume.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Ricky's in July 2014.

I walked into Ricky's to get an application to apply. The manager told me that I could fill it out in the front of the store and to let him know when I was done. I filled out the application and the manager escorted me to the back of the store. He told me to sit down because he was giving me an on the spot interview. The interview lasted about 20 minutes and we went over the questions in my application and other questions he had.

Interview Questions
    • If hired, what would you do to make this store better?   Answer Question

I was about to move

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Ricky's.

group interview stand out

Ecommerce Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online – interviewed at Ricky's in December 2013.

The person I was supposed to interview with never showed or was unavailable. I ended up meeting another individual who wasn't prepared to meet with me but was able to have a nice conversation and review my background as well as theirs. it was very casual interview. I wrote a thank you note but never even heard back to even say I didnt get the job. i thought it was very unprofessional to have interviews scheduled snd the person not show up and then dont even send a letter or anything saying hou did not get the job.

Interview Questions
    • Very casual basically just asked to discuss my background.   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Ricky's.

I applied via craigslist. Got a call back within that same week. The actual first interview was with an HR assistant who pre-screened me. Basic questions like "How would you diffuse a situation?" "What is a tough situation you were in? How did you resolve it?" "What can you bring to our company?" I was love hair and cosmetics so I was very passionate about my love for the industry.

Interview Questions
    There was no real negotiation because I didn't have management experience. The head HR manager basically said I know you're worth the money,but you don't have the experience to make a salary that senior staff or store managers are making. I accepted at $36,000. BUT, my store manager quit after 3 months and I was promoted to sotre manager where i negotiated 40K.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY

I applied online – interviewed at Ricky's in October 2013.

You have to email them your resume then go thier building

Interview Questions
    • most unexpected question , when the last time you had good customer service   View Answer

They didnt like my thursday time

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at Ricky's in October 2013.

It was only one interview with Ricky's and it was very quick. You get a few questions and Then let you know your hired on the spot.

Interview Questions
    • There were none all the questions are basic. Like, Why do you want to work for Ricky's?   Answer Question
    NO negotiating base pay is minimum wage_= 7.25

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Ricky's in September 2013.

Saw an AD on Craigslist and sent an email to them. A week later I got an email saying that I can come on for a group interview the following monday. Upon my arrival it was a small group. Like 8 of us. Others was filling out their applications. A few minutes later a lady came in & asked us to introduce ourselves and name on word that describes us. Then she asked questions like..name a time you had to deal with a rude customer and how u handled it, how should a manager act (something like that) . And another question. The questions are optional, but STILL ANSWER THEM!!! Your availability and answers determine your hiring. Good luck!

Interview Questions
    None. They told you at the door.

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Ricky's.

It took five minutes, at most. If you can speak with proper English, if you have a decent education and retail experience you will be considered for a management position. It seemed as though the only purpose of the interview is to make sure that you have more than a peanut for a brain. This company is a joke.

Interview Questions
    • Really easy questions like the following: what are the characteristics of a good manager?   Answer Question
    I needed the job too much to risk pushing it. It seemed that there wasn't going to be very much negotiation before I was shown the door,

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Ricky's.

Hand in an application and I received a phone call from the HR department for a group interview. Went around the room asked pretty basic questions like "Why do you want to work here?", What are my strengths and weaknesses?" after you are done with group interview I received a phone call the next day for a one on one where they hired me after asking a few more questions. Overall it was pretty easy. Just be presentable, well spoken and show that you really enjoy working there and its not just a job,