Ricky's

15 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Ecommerce Interview

New York, NY

I applied online - interviewed at Ricky's in December 2013.

Interview Details – The person I was supposed to interview with never showed or was unavailable. I ended up meeting another individual who wasn't prepared to meet with me but was able to have a nice conversation and review my background as well as theirs. it was very casual interview. I wrote a thank you note but never even heard back to even say I didnt get the job. i thought it was very unprofessional to have interviews scheduled snd the person not show up and then dont even send a letter or anything saying hou did not get the job.

Interview Question – Very casual basically just asked to discuss my background.   Answer Question

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Seasonal Sales Associate
New York, NY

I applied through a staffing agency - interviewed at Ricky's in October 2013.

Interview Details – It was only one interview with Ricky's and it was very quick. You get a few questions and Then let you know your hired on the spot.

Interview Question – There were none all the questions are basic. Like, Why do you want to work for Ricky's?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – NO negotiating base pay is minimum wage_= 7.25

Brooklyn, NY

I applied online - interviewed at Ricky's in October 2013.

Interview Details – You have to email them your resume then go thier building

Interview Question – most unexpected question , when the last time you had good customer service   View Answer

Reason for Declining – They didnt like my thursday time

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Assistant Manager Interview

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Ricky's.

Interview Details – I applied via craigslist. Got a call back within that same week. The actual first interview was with an HR assistant who pre-screened me. Basic questions like "How would you diffuse a situation?" "What is a tough situation you were in? How did you resolve it?" "What can you bring to our company?" I was love hair and cosmetics so I was very passionate about my love for the industry.

Interview Question – Nothing unexpected   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no real negotiation because I didn't have management experience. The head HR manager basically said I know you're worth the money,but you don't have the experience to make a salary that senior staff or store managers are making. I accepted at $36,000. BUT, my store manager quit after 3 months and I was promoted to sotre manager where i negotiated 40K.

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Ricky's in September 2013.

Interview Details – Saw an AD on Craigslist and sent an email to them. A week later I got an email saying that I can come on for a group interview the following monday. Upon my arrival it was a small group. Like 8 of us. Others was filling out their applications. A few minutes later a lady came in & asked us to introduce ourselves and name on word that describes us. Then she asked questions like..name a time you had to deal with a rude customer and how u handled it, how should a manager act (something like that) . And another question. The questions are optional, but STILL ANSWER THEM!!! Your availability and answers determine your hiring. Good luck!

Interview Question – None, easy as pie.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None. They told you at the door.

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Ricky's in August 2012.

Interview Details – There was a group interview, followed up by a one-on-one interview. If you got the second interview, you got the job. The interview asked general questions.

Interview Question – Any skill in selling the stuff at Rickys? ie: hair stuff   View Answer

Negotiation Details – there was no negotiation phase it was just here is what you will be paid.

Assistant Manager Interview

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Ricky's.

Interview Details – It took five minutes, at most. If you can speak with proper English, if you have a decent education and retail experience you will be considered for a management position. It seemed as though the only purpose of the interview is to make sure that you have more than a peanut for a brain. This company is a joke.

Interview Question – Really easy questions like the following: what are the characteristics of a good manager?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I needed the job too much to risk pushing it. It seemed that there wasn't going to be very much negotiation before I was shown the door,

New York, NY

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Ricky's.

Interview Details – Hand in an application and I received a phone call from the HR department for a group interview. Went around the room asked pretty basic questions like "Why do you want to work here?", What are my strengths and weaknesses?" after you are done with group interview I received a phone call the next day for a one on one where they hired me after asking a few more questions. Overall it was pretty easy. Just be presentable, well spoken and show that you really enjoy working there and its not just a job,

Interview Question – Dream job and how can Rickys help achieve that goal   Answer Question

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Seasonal Sales Associate
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Ricky's in September 2012.

Interview Details – They had about 20 of us in a room and we all had to fill out a application. Then the lady had us answer questions that was asked to the whole room that was optional for us to answer. The lady took our applications and based on availability , some people were asked to leave and then the rest got to stay . The people who stayed were hired. I was one of them. We got invited to orientation the next day and assigned to stores were we are working

Interview Question – I forgot the questions she asked   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiations everyone got 7.25 a hour

New York, NY

I applied online - interviewed at Ricky's in August 2012.

Interview Details – Okay I applied online and the next day i got an email for a group interview. There were about 15 people present all of which including the boys sported a full face of makeup. We all fill out applications and then the interviewer comes in and begin. Shes nice and friendly. The interview ends with her saying expect a call back in 2-4 days if not we went with someone else. 5 days go by until i get a callback for a second interview. I go in and a different lady asks me a few pointless questions that was already asked in the group interview except she asks me what im studying in school. It ends she says by tuesday theyll.make hiring decisions. Tuesday passed. No call.

Im not ruling them out because a friend of mine attended a group interview a week before mine and they called her the tuesday i was expecting a call to tell her she was invited for a 2nd interview. So i guess they just do things late there.

Interview Question – How can rickys help you with your dream job?

Why rickys?

What are two strengths and one weakness?

Tell me about a time you dealt with a difficult customer?
  Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Ricky's

Worked for Ricky's? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Ricky's interview questions and advice in New York City, NY. All 15 interview reviews posted anonymously by Ricky's employees and interview candidates.