Ricoh Americas Corporation Interview Questions

Updated Sep 4, 2014
Updated Sep 4, 2014

2.7

Analyst Relations Manager Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Ricoh Americas Corporation.

The initial contact was with a third party outside HR recruiter. It was a very short, not even 20-minute pre-screening. I'm not sure what they were looking for because the questions were very basic. I did not hear back from them for more than two months and pretty much forgot about the job. I heard then heard from a different outside HR recruiter who wanted to set up a meeting with the hiring manager immediately. The interview went well. We discussed the company, the reason for hiring for list position, my past experience and why it was relevant. It was very much a mutual give and take. That being said, at the end of the call the hiring manager said the position would not report to him, but rather to a person under him and I'd have to speak with her. The recruiter reached out almost immediately to set up the follow up meeting. That did not go so well. The meeting was at the very end of the business day. The interviewer had not even looked at my resume until minutes before our meeting (by her own admission.) She was not prepared with well thought-out questions. She seemed to ask the same question phrased a number of different ways. I couldn't really tell if she was just having a bad day or if she was not happy that the senior person had gone around her to interview me before she had. It didn't surprise me that I got a form "email" from their internal HR department shortly thereafter, informing me that they went in a different direction. You just never know what's really going on -- but I do know I more than had all the credentials for the position and then so, so perhaps the manager was just threatened. It's hard not to feel the effort was a big waste of time.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked if I ran into challenges dealing with analysts who did briefings vs. the analyst who managed the paid subscription relationship. Apparently there is some internal confusion at the company - but in all my years I've never run across that and I had difficulty understanding what could cause such confusion (and I've worked for several large enterprises).   Answer Question

Account Executive I Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Ricoh Americas Corporation in July 2014.

There was 3 interviews. First consisted of a phone screen for 15 mins with general questions. Then a face to face meeting Major account manager. Ask me very simple interview question for example are motivated, people person etc.

Interview Questions
    • What do I think is the worst characteristics about myself?   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

It was a normal sales interview. Questions such as "How did you overcome adversity in a sales environment and how did you overcome that adversity" and "Tell us some accolades you have received in your past jobs"

Interview Questions
    Took about a month for backup

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Spokane Valley, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Spokane Valley, WA

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Ricoh Americas Corporation in August 2014.

The interview process went pretty quick once it hit the branch level. Altogether, the process involves a lot of steps. I interview with the branch manager, a second branch manager, and the Regional VP.

Interview Questions
    Not much in the way of negotiation. They have the tiers, so if you want more of a base salary, you are committing to a higher quota.

Account Executive Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Ricoh Americas Corporation in August 2014.

Had phone interview with Ricoh. The phone interview was pretty uncomfortable. It felt more like an interrogation than an interview. Pretty straightforward questions about you resume. Mainly asked questions as to why you left each job and why do you want to work for Ricoh. I would say this has been the most awkward phone interview I've had.

Legal Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  South Florida, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Florida, FL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Ricoh Americas Corporation in November 2013.

one phone call with basic questions, Applied for one division and asked to work for a different, Manager gave me the job after second call, very thing was fast but HR took a long time for paperwork, come to hear after hire from other reps that they hired two others the same way.

no, base is low, Ricoh is NOT known for paying good base. they sale you on commissions but it was all lies, quotas are high

Account Executive I Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Ricoh Americas Corporation.

Initially interviewed for major account executive position but they suggested the Account executive position. I then rescheduled for another interview. The interview was very easy and quick. They made a decision and contacted me within a week.They like to have current account executives sit in on the interviews also

wasn't much, the salary's are set and you can't negotiate

Account Executive Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Ricoh Americas Corporation in March 2014.

Had a phone screening that asked me about my past career experiences. It was a very simple interview on why I would be good for a sales position. Then got a call from the HR department to schedule an interview in the job location. Had the interview with the Sales Director of Marketplace, and got the offer. He asked me very basic questions, and I had met him before at a job fair, so he already knew a little bit about me. We did not get into much detail about other aspects of the position.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing really. Just asked about myself, and why I want to be in sales, and why they should hire me.   Answer Question
    They just offered me a salary, and I said yes.

Accounts Receivable Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Macon, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Macon, GA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Ricoh Americas Corporation in March 2012.

Submit application > Phone interview > In-person interview

It took multiple attempts to get an interview. I applied for this position for a year before I was finally selected for an interview. I wasn't actually selected until I had a current employee recommend me for the position. I had to make my resume match the position and explain how my current skills were transferable to the AR world.

Interview Questions
    • Provide an examples of __ situation in which you were able to resolve customer complaints and obtain resolution on ___ issue.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation.

Buyer Interview

Phone interview, then almost a year as a temp... then if you apply for the open position and get it, then you're given your offer letter but there's no negotiation for salary... when I was there the incumbent workers hadn't had a raise in years!

Interview Questions
    There was no negotiation. You are given a letter - take it or leave it.

Worked for Ricoh Americas Corporation? Contribute to the Community!