Ricoh Americas Corporation

Relevance Date Difficulty

Account Executive Interview

Account Executive
Orange, CA

I applied online - interviewed at Ricoh Americas Corporation in March 2013.

Interview Details – I was interviewed over the phone by a recruiter , basic questions were asked. then I was scheduled for interview with the Area Sales Manager, It was a good interview, the manager was nice. I had a ride along with one of the reps, we did cold calling, Phone calls, it was difficult because I was not familiar with pounding the streets and knocking on doors. then I was interviewed by the Sales Director..The Sales Director was nice, I was ask to present a powerpoint presentation of my 90day sales plan..I was hired after a few days.

Interview Question – Nothing unexpected, basically the questions were normal sales questions like how much salary are you expecting.and how much commission would you expect in one year.   Answer Question

Production Print Solutions Engineer Interview

Production Print Solutions Engineer
Tustin, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Ricoh Americas Corporation in September 2011.

Interview Details – One phone interview and two on-site interviews. It took about 2 months between the interview and hiring. HR pushing the interview forward because I had a job offer at a competing manufacturer. They exceeded my salary expectations to be competitive. My job title has changed 3 times since I was hire less than 5 years ago. My territory has changed 3 times as well.

Interview Question – Everything was straight forward. No trick or unexpected questions. I knew some internal people were interested in the position. I'd say that that was the most difficult thing knowing.   Answer Question

Senior Web Developer Interview

Senior Web Developer
Tustin, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Ricoh Americas Corporation in October 2009.

Interview Details – The hiring process was quite easy. They go though this all the time and give most applicants a chance. The interview was quick too. They basically hire and then let go if the applicant can't do the job. If the applicant can do the job then they are in. If the applicant can do the basic portion of the position but needs a bit more training, they will provide training for free.

Interview Question – There was nothing difficult to the questions. They were boiler plate type questions. All you have to do is say something. Even trail off on something different not even related to the question. Just say something but not too much. It seems like they time the interview and how much of their day the interview took.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation. They had a dollar amount that they could use for the position. It was up to the applicant if they wanted to accept it or not.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Administration Interview

Administration
Los Angeles, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Ricoh Americas Corporation.

Interview Details – Interviewed by District Administrator, then District Manager, then took personality test and another test (took so many years ago.....)

Negotiation Details – None

Account Executive Interview

Account Executive
Huntington Beach, CA

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Ricoh Americas Corporation in May 2011.

Interview Details – 4 interviews: 1 interview with the manager, 1 interview with the general manager, 1 ride along, 1 final interview

I applied through Ricoh's website, the first interview was very thoroughly. He asked very in depth details about why you want to do sales especially if you had no sales experience. Be enthusiastic and convince him that you'll work hard and that you learn fast. He told me to write a 30-60-90 days business plan as to how I will succeed.

After I submitted that, he invited me back to a second interview with the general manager. That interview was much shorter. He had me sell a pen. Be persistent! If he refuses to buy your pen, say "what can I do to make you buy this?"

Then I was arranged for a ride-along with one of the employees. It took a full day, where she took me through 2 hours of telemarketing, a couple appointments, and 3 more hours of door -to -door sales. At that point I decided this was not for me. I was invited back for the fourth and final interview but politely declined.

Salary is $30,000 base + commission. Seemed like a difficult position as buying copiers and printers is the last thing on people's minds.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – None negotiable

Worked for Ricoh Americas Corporation? Contribute to the Community!