Ricoh Americas Corporation Interview Questions in Los Angeles, CA

Updated Jul 31, 2015

2.3

Administration Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ricoh Americas Corporation (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

Interviewed by District Administrator, then District Manager, then took personality test and another test (took so many years ago.....)

Negotiation

None

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orange, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ricoh Americas Corporation (Orange, CA) in March 2013.

Interview

I was interviewed over the phone by a recruiter , basic questions were asked. then I was scheduled for interview with the Area Sales Manager, It was a good interview, the manager was nice. I had a ride along with one of the reps, we did cold calling, Phone calls, it was difficult because I was not familiar with pounding the streets and knocking on doors. then I was interviewed by the Sales Director..The Sales Director was nice, I was ask to present a powerpoint presentation of my 90day sales plan..I was hired after a few days.

Interview Questions

• Nothing unexpected, basically the questions were normal sales questions like how much salary are you expecting.and how much commission would you expect in one year.   Answer Question

AE1 Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Ricoh Americas Corporation (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2013.

Interview

Discovered RAC at job fair Total of 3 interviews Aggressive fast paced environment The culture is sales driven. Quality of people vary at the entry level with high turnover, but the brand is strong and following the services led approach which most companies in a commodity driven market need to do. Best place for people who are self motivated and are go getters. Not for those who need to be told, but who do it on their own .

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negation at AE level

Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Costa Mesa, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Ricoh Americas Corporation (Costa Mesa, CA) in October 2011.

Interview

7 interviews with various senior leaders - Had extensive process - Each person was operating on their own wave length - No consistent method of interviewing - No interview guide used - Questions were primarily behavior and performance based - Detailed questions on " How " you achieved specific results. These interviews were primarily one on one... no panel or group interviews. Questions included: How do you manage stress? What is your biggest weakness? What can you bring to the table that others can not?

Production Print Solutions Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tustin, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Ricoh Americas Corporation (Tustin, CA) in September 2011.

Interview

One phone interview and two on-site interviews. It took about 2 months between the interview and hiring. HR pushing the interview forward because I had a job offer at a competing manufacturer. They exceeded my salary expectations to be competitive. My job title has changed 3 times since I was hire less than 5 years ago. My territory has changed 3 times as well.

Interview Questions

• Everything was straight forward. No trick or unexpected questions. I knew some internal people were interested in the position. I'd say that that was the most difficult thing knowing.   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntington Beach, CA

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ricoh Americas Corporation (Huntington Beach, CA) in May 2011.

Interview

4 interviews: 1 interview with the manager, 1 interview with the general manager, 1 ride along, 1 final interview I applied through Ricoh's website, the first interview was very thoroughly. He asked very in depth details about why you want to do sales especially if you had no sales experience. Be enthusiastic and convince him that you'll work hard and that you learn fast. He told me to write a 30-60-90 days business plan as to how I will succeed. After I submitted that, he invited me back to a second interview with the general manager. That interview was much shorter. He had me sell a pen. Be persistent! If he refuses to buy your pen, say "what can I do to make you buy this?" Then I was arranged for a ride-along with one of the employees. It took a full day, where she took me through 2 hours of telemarketing, a couple appointments, and 3 more hours of door -to -door sales. At that point I decided this was not for me. I was invited back for the fourth and final interview but politely declined. Salary is $30,000 base + commission. Seemed like a difficult position as buying copiers and printers is the last thing on people's minds.

Interview Questions

• Sell a pen   1 Answer
    • Why should we hire you versus Joe that's coming in later who has more experience than you?   Answer Question

Negotiation

None negotiable

Senior Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tustin, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Ricoh Americas Corporation (Tustin, CA) in October 2009.

Interview

The hiring process was quite easy. They go though this all the time and give most applicants a chance. The interview was quick too. They basically hire and then let go if the applicant can't do the job. If the applicant can do the job then they are in. If the applicant can do the basic portion of the position but needs a bit more training, they will provide training for free.

Interview Questions

• There was nothing difficult to the questions. They were boiler plate type questions. All you have to do is say something. Even trail off on something different not even related to the question. Just say something but not too much. It seems like they time the interview and how much of their day the interview took.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. They had a dollar amount that they could use for the position. It was up to the applicant if they wanted to accept it or not.