Ricoh Business Solutions

Updated Oct 23, 2014

2.3

Anonymous Employee in Macon, GA
    Anonymous Employee in Macon, GA

I applied online – interviewed at Ricoh Business Solutions in September 2014.

You are called in for a First interview with the Manager and then you are called in for a 2nd Interview with the hiring panel. They also let you know whether or not you advanced in their hiring process in two weeks.

Interview Questions
    • How would you try to persuade someone to purchase our equipment?   Answer Question

Technical Specialist (Copy Operator) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Ricoh Business Solutions.

Very quick. Got straight down to brass tax and only asked questions they needed to know. Very straightforward to see if you had the qualifications. Didn't ask many personal questions or about previous situations that would make me a "better fit." Showed me around the work area, and made me feel like I was already on board!

I was notified in less than 3 hours that I was accepted for the position. The offer was contingent on a Drug test/ Background check pass.

Customer Relationship Manager Interview

Interview with HR, Manager, Rep on Team, Market Place VP

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN
    Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Ricoh Business Solutions in December 2013.

Very smooth and to the point.

Senior On Site Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Petersburg, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Petersburg, FL

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Ricoh Business Solutions.

Hiring consisted of a phone interview and a one on one at the site where i would start work. They went over benefits and vacation related topics.

Account Executive Interview

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Ricoh Business Solutions.

Relatively quick but all managers asked silly standard interview questions.

Interview Questions
    • None - standard interview questions, some role playing.   Answer Question
    I was told base would be $30k but then found out it was less. I demanded more and got an extra couple grand.

Account Executive Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Ricoh Business Solutions in March 2013.

The hiring process was pretty straight forward. During the process, I spoke with 6 different members of the company. The first was a brief phone interview which gave the overview of the company and the position open. Second was to meet with the Sales Manager at the local office who was really friendly and open to any questions I had. While I was at the interview, his manager (or maybe it was just someone above him) came in and asked pretty basic questions to get to know me. Again, he was friendly, funny, and open to my questions. After the interview, I received a call, maybe 3 business days later, to meet with the corporate team in Baton Rouge. This probably was my most easiest interview I have ever encountered. It was more of a conversation than an interview. I walked out proud, knowing I did well. After that interview, I was called the next morning to speak with the Regional Sales Director on the phone, who also was straight forward, told me what to expect and what the potential income in the company. Ended the call with a laugh. Later that day, I received a call from the Sales manager again asking me to come back into the local office for a Compensation Review. Everything went well and he said he would get an offer letter out to me.

Interview Questions
    • No real unexpected questions. Just do your research on the company. Everything else is straight, basic interview questions.   Answer Question
    No negotiation.

Senior Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Ricoh Business Solutions.

Hiring manager was very aggressive in the initial interview. He stated he was very demanding and some people found him difficult to work for. He was quite arrogant. He made a point of stating that there were after-the-sale delivery issues associated with the operations team.

When I asked about the accounts this particular business unit focuses on, he was vague but did state that he reassigns accounts frequently if the current Account Exec is not making progress in developing new business. This gave me the impression that prospective accounts see a revolving door of people from this particular team.

Met with two other managers. Both were from other Business Units. Both were very professional and positive. Met with a third person who would be a peer on the hiring manager's team. He stressed how difficult the manager was to work for and also stated that he was one of the manager's top performers.I asked him if there were any operational issues within any of his accounts and if so, how were they resolved. He looked a bit nervous and gave me a vague, indirect answer. This tells me that the sale is what this manager is looking for and the customer's satisfaction thereafter is not of great concern.

Interview Questions
    • This was not a question but an unusual statement. The hiring mananger actually criticized a 30-60-90 day sales plan I created specifically for this position. I had presented it to him in a positive manner. He stated that "anyone can do this" and then ranted for a few minutes about his own success. I politely thanked him for his time and left. By this time I had made the decision that I would not want to work for this person and proactively communicated that to the recruiter I was working with as soon as I got in my car. I found out later that the hiring manager had still not filled the vacancy on his team.   View Answer

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Ricoh Business Solutions in May 2012.

Everybody I interacted with during the interviewing process was very friendly and professional. The job offer was very poor. 80-90 percent of your day as an account executive would be driving around and they only offered 29 k base plus 200 a month for gas.

Site Supervisor MS Ops Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO
    Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Ricoh Business Solutions in March 2012.

The interview process started as a phone interview with a outside recruiting service and than proceeded with a 1:1 interview process with most of the questions being related to what if situations. The next step was a drug test and background check. Everything went very smoothly through the interview process and I was offered the job and I accepted it.. I than went through the drug test with no problem. During the background check they discovered that I had a misdemeanor charge back in 2000 which was dismissed. I provided them with all of the information they requested about the charge and I thought everything was okay.Then the day before I was suppose to start work I received a form generated email saying that the position had been cancelled. I called the company the next day inquiring about the cancellation and they never returned my phone call so I tried calling them 3 days later again without a returned call to receiving a standard form email saying the position was filled.

I would highly not recommend working for such a cold,unprofessional and certainly not a personable company.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if a fellow employee did not do his share of the work load?   Answer Question
    • What would you do if you got a phone call from an angry customer?   Answer Question

Very unprofessional company