Ricoh UK Interview Questions

Updated Jul 8, 2014

3.5

Commercial Analysis Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Ricoh UK in June 2014.

Ricoh is really wasting people time requiring 2 face to face interviews with preparation of a business case without even bothering themselves to feedback any candidates after weeks from the interview - extremely unfair . General impression is that is not a nice place to work with an oppressive and quite aggressive atmosphere .

Interview Questions
    • A lot of questions around internal office Politics and communication management   Answer Question

Service Delivery Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Ricoh UK in April 2014.

This was quite a strange process. I was given a bit of a grilling by the Recruitment Consultant, which was fair enough. Once Ricoh decided to interview me I was instructed to do a questionnaire on line. It was a series of statements like, "I want to win at any cost", "I want to be liked", "I feel I am successful at negotiations", and you have to award 6 points across the statements. This is to gauge your cultural fit for the organisation. I don't mean "Are you Japanese" but Ricoh has certain values and they want to make sure you also live by those values.
    The interview was with 2 people and was quite short. Certainly less than 45 minutes for what is quite an important job. They concentrated on the areas that I was weak on in terms of cultural fit.
    There were none of the usual questions like "Give me an example of a time when...".
    In the end apparently it was between me an somebody else and he had strengths in P&L and Sales that I don't have.
    I have to say that I liked the interviewers and the other people I briefly came into contact with in the office and regret that they didn't make me an offer.

Presales Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Ricoh UK.

1st interview was with two people currently doing the same job; general questions about background and experience. No presentation. No technical questions which I thought was odd. Were nice.

2nd interview was with VP and Presales manager, plus one other person. More detailed investigation of CV. Presales Manager would not stop talking. VP and Presales Mgr overly agressive in my view. Had to present (expected) project management walk through. Overall atmosphere was oppressive - not because I was not suited to the role but because of the general attitude of the interview team: gave out a clear signal that this was not a nice place to work. 3 other candidates did not get past the 2nd stage either - and they were 'very good' according to the recruiter. 6 weeks later they were still trying to recruit for the same role.

Interview Questions
    • They asked me how I would deliver a project: I asked them if this was an IT or Software project (I have done both - each use a different methodology) and they probably thought I was showing off or something. Grrrr!   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Ricoh UK in February 2008.

Interview Questions
    • initial communications with the company, organization and planning of the interview, number and type of interviews   View Answer