RightNow Technologies

2.5

2 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Applications Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bozeman, MT

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at RightNow Technologies in October 2010.

I applied to RightNow four times for software engineering positions in three different departments (Professional Services, Development, and Customer Care).
    I received a questionnaire from Development which asked culture questions but nothing technical and I never heard back.
    I received a phone call from a Customer Care manager because I had lived in the same country where that person was from. In talking with him, I was then able to coordinate an in-person interview two weeks later. He was very nice and helped move the interview process forward.
    I arrived for the in-person interview and there was no-one to meet me at the door to let me in. A person let me in and told me where to go to find the person who I was supposed to meet. I walked to this persons office and introduced myself. She was nice and led me to a conference room and I was told I would be given six 30-minute 1-on-1 interviews from managers and potential coworkers. The interviews went well although they were not technical programming interviews but all about culture fit and people skills and company processes.
    When the last of the 1-on-1 interviews ended, I was left alone in the interview room and so then I walked back to the original lady's office and asked if there was something more for my interview process. She briefly apologized and said that my interview was finished and led me to the door.
    Despite my being treated like a delivery-person who no-one knew was coming, I felt good about my interactions with the interviewers as they were all nice and asked job-relative questions.
    I did not hear back for a week and so I called into the office. I was told that they would get back to me within a few days. A week later I received a phone call with my job offer.

I was happy to get the job after a few months out of work and doing freelance jobs. So I didn't care that I was getting an entry-level position because I believed I could prove myself and get promoted.

When I started my job, things were also disorganized. I arrived and there was no desk or place for me to put my things. I attended training/orientation classes but when those completed after two weeks, I was not given orientation to my actual job/department. So I found things to work on that needed software expertise and I created my own job role and I was quickly promoted to be an Application Engineer (but I should have negotiated a large promotion).

Interview Questions
    • I was asked about why I was layed off. This was difficult because my entire department was cut and layed off (about 20 people) and so I did not have a personal reason.   View Answer
    I received a phone call with the salary offer and I called back the next day to accept the offer. I did not negotiate and I should have as I later learned that I was given a low-ball offer and despite my experience and skills I was being paid half of what my coworkers made.

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bozeman, MT

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at RightNow Technologies in February 2009.

1. Questions on my current profile.
    2. Questions on anything special I had done in the last two years.
    3. How did my experience apply to the opening.
    4. Reason for looking out for another job.

Interview Questions
    • How does your experience apply to the opening.   View Answer