Rimes Technologies

Very Difficult Interview

Finance Position Interview

Finance Position
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Rimes Technologies.

Interview Details – Complete waste of time. Went to offices to interview on 4 different occasions. Had to take various online tests which were ridiculous. One of them wanted you to answer emails and solve problems at the same time; supposedly that would determine if you were good at multi-tasking. It was impossible to get a high score.

Interview Question – Taking so many online tests which really don't prove whether you can do the job or not. Someone can be a good test taker but not perform well in the work setting   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Account Manager
New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Rimes Technologies in August 2013.

Interview Details – After submitting a CV I got invited for a phone interview which was about 30 minutes. They covered recent jobs and experiences. Nothing special. I think they were just making sure I'm not a complete idiot. Then half a day interview on site talking to a couple of people. I think they were people from the group I would have worked with.

Interview Question – They wanted to know if I'm more a dog or a cat person. What kind of a question is that ?   Answer Question

Junior Developer Interview

Junior Developer
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Rimes Technologies in June 2011.

Interview Details – I came into contact with HR. The company first had me to take an online exam that tested reading/math/computer/databases skills. Then I came in for a face to face interview with three employees. The VP seemed to expect the candidate to know every little detail about what the company does. I never got a clear description of the kinds of projects developers work on. Many of the people I met that day seemed to lack good communications skills.
Most of the interview questions revolved around my past experiences listed on my resume. I didn't get any technical questions or brainteasers. I was also asked why I was interested in the position.
I never heard anything after the interview, even though I was told that they would get back to me, good news or bad.

Interview Question – What do you know about financial data?   View Answer

Junior Consultant Interview

Junior Consultant

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Rimes Technologies.

Interview Details – Initial contact established by HR. I was invited to do a test which was quite unusual but interesting experience. There were several sections, the excel one was a bit annoying because they had an old version and when you click on a potential answer the screen disappears and you can correct it. There was another multitasking part that was fun but very hard and a little stressful.

After the test was finalized, HR contacted me again 2 weeks later (I wished it had been a little faster than that). I was invited to an interview for the following week.

I met with several people, first 2 potential colleagues, then HR and then the line manager. I was sometimes asked the same question but they seemed to be on the same page.

They were mainly trying to understand my background and see if I'm a good fit for the role. They asked why there were gaps in my professional experience, why I left a previous role, what are my plans, weakness and strengths, etc. They all gave me a bit of information and towards the end of the day I had a better understanding of RIMES and the role, which it's great. The one down side was the waiting time. I met HR and then had to wait in the room for 10-15 mins until the manager came in, so bring entertainment!

One week later I received an email for a second interview. It was the last one. I went back to the office and met global management via teleconference (it was an interesting experience but can put you under pressure). I also met some of the partners and the line manager again. She had some tough questions seemingly unrelated to the role (Math quizz, geography question, small case study,...). Some of these questions didn't seem to have a right or wrong answer. I think they were testing the ability to cope with pressure, approach to solving problems and analytical skills.

Overall the usual process, they showed respect for the candidate, turnaround time was ok (not great) and it gave me a good insight to what the role would be like

Interview Question – Explain what a database is to your 8-year-old nephew!!   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Very quick, reasonable

Graduate Training Scheme Interview

Graduate Training Scheme
London, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Rimes Technologies in April 2010.

Interview Details – applied through a job on a website. needed to gain industry and thought i would be good at the role. people were really nice, although they seemed quite unorganized. they asked me a lot of questions they didn't know the answer to themselves which annoyed me.

Interview Question – why do you want this job   View Answer

Reason for Declining – found a better job and didn't like one of the interviewers

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Rimes Technologies? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Rimes Technologies interview questions and advice. All 5 interview reviews posted anonymously by Rimes Technologies employees and interview candidates.