Rinchem

Relevance Date Difficulty

Tech Interview

Tech
Hillsboro, OR

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Rinchem in August 2012.

Interview Details – Call from HR guy in Salt Lake. Interview with local facility manager/assistant manager. Job offer. All on the same day. That's how desperate they are. A few days later, you go for a physical and a drug test. They do a background check too, but they still hire ex-cons and lowlifes, so I don't really see the point of that.

Interview Question – What do you do if you see something unsafe?   Answer Question

Management Trainee Interview

Management Trainee

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Rinchem.

Interview Details – The company puts a lot of stock in the personality caliper that they have most people take. They spend roughly $200 on each person they have take this. The interviews are very relaxed but it depends on the person you are speaking with. There is a focus on what are your goals for the future, and selling them on this is your passion. Mostly behavioral questions are given.

Interview Question – What do you want to be when you grow up?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Negotiation varies depending on which group you are hired into. Colleagues of mine were offered compensation for moving with no strings attached. I was asked to sign a agreement to stay with the company for a year or I would have to pay back the moving compensation. They offer roughly the same compensation for all incoming trainees but can persuaded based on their need at the time and cost of living adjustments.

Assistant Plant Manager Interview

Assistant Plant Manager
Albuquerque, NM

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Rinchem in December 2012.

Interview Details – Interview process was very accommodating, friendly and understanding. Flew me to New Mexico, met with many senior members including the president. They covered all expenses and the whole process was painless and enjoyable. They covered virtually everything from human resources overview of benefits, to career track, and responsibilities, etc.

Interview Question – The majority of the questions were pretty standard situational questions. They really wanted to get to know me as a person and how my skills would contribute to the company.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Compensation was not enough to accept the offer

Business Development Manager Interview

Business Development Manager
Albuquerque, NM

The process took a day - interviewed at Rinchem in May 2012.

Interview Details – Initial screen through HR employee. Secondary phone interview with prospective supervisor. Invited to fly-in to ABQ for 60-minute presentation/panel interview. Thought it went well. Never really heard back yes or no.

Interview Questions

Engineering Interview

Engineering

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Rinchem in November 2009.

Interview Details – I was picked up from the airport and taken to lunch. We then toured through the plant to see more of what Rinchem does while exploring the facilities. A one-on-one interview took place following that to get a better idea of what the job would consist of and to see if I would be a good fit for the job.

Interview Question – Describe a time you had to make a difficult decision at work and what the decision was.   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Rinchem? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Rinchem interview questions and advice. All 5 interview reviews posted anonymously by Rinchem employees and interview candidates.