RingCentral

Updated Dec 18, 2014
Updated Dec 18, 2014

2.5

Sales Representative Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at RingCentral.

Phone Interview, and in office interview with 3 people. Was very disorganized, I thought the interview went well and they told me they would be in contact with me in a few days and never heard from them. Very unprofessional they could have at least sent a follow up message after I took the time to interview there.

Technical Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at RingCentral.

Word of caution when interviewing with RingCentral, expect a lengthy and uninformative process. I was contacted by a recruiter for them last Spring, and decided to interview for a technical position in their Colorado office. She was very nice, very enthusiastic and responsive to me. I had a second interview with the manager of the team I would be applying to work for the same week, then another interview with some of the actual team members in the office the following week. Following that, I had an interview with a Senior Manager over that team, followed by an interview over the phone with the Director of Technical Support. It was a very positive, albeit lengthy, experience to this point.

I was told, I would hear something "within a few weeks" one way or another, and I did ask to be informed if I was not a suitable candidate. I honestly felt great about my chances, having made it that far in the process. I heard absolutely nothing, and around 6 weeks later asked the recruiter if the position was still open. Her reply was that, they decided to wait on hiring anyone and that she would reach out to me if they re-opened the position. Several months later, I was approached by the same recruiter, asking if I was interested in the position again. There was a new manager over the team and he was interested in my resume.

I agreed to meet with the new manager, and came into the office to do so. This was an interview with him and the same team members I had met with previously. This interview was followed up by another phone interview with the same Senior Manager from before, who didn't remember me at all. I was again told, that by the end of that month (roughly 2 weeks) I would hear something definitely one way or another. Again, I heard nothing. I can fully accept that I was not "their guy" for the position, so I mentally just moved on. A few weeks ago, I was called by yet another recruiter. It was a nice guy, asking me about a position and if I was interested. Having not heard any updates for my previous interview, I expressed my frustrations to him and let him know I still was in limbo with the previous process. He seemed very concerned, asked who I interviewed with and promised me a phone call the next day with an update. Over a week later, I received an email instead, letting me know the other position was closed.

At that point I made it clear, I was just not interested any longer in pursuing a future with the company. The entire process was the most convoluted and inconsiderate experience of my professional life. It seems like an amazing place to work once you get in, but if the process is typical of what I experienced, it may not be worth it.

If you interview, be prepared for this sort of treatment.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked some pretty specific questions regarding SIP technologies.   Answer Question

Senior Account Executive Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at RingCentral.

Onsite Recruiter not employed with Ring Central, knows nothing about benefits, salary negotiating, 6 interview step process, ie; several phone interviews, 3 onsite visits, the left hand does not know what the right hand is doing. oh yeah, management are always late for their interviews...

Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

I applied online – interviewed at RingCentral.

Chaotic and disorganized interview process. The interviewers were very pompous and somewhat rude. One of them even said that the people there will "run through you" and that you are expected to work overtime a lot.. which implies something about their culture (I actually would like to thank him for being frank). I left the interview thinking RingCentral wasn't my top priority. Then I received a phone call from a recruiter telling me that they were interviewing other candidates, which is fine but no additional follow up after that.

Interview Questions
    • One of the interviewers randomly gave "test" questions.   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at RingCentral in July 2014.

Referred by recruiter. Easy to get an interview at this company. You take some online skill and personality tests, you pass and your invited for an interview where several people in management interview you. They are late to arrive (no apology), border on obnoxious in my opinion. The word professional doesn't show up in this company culture. The first Sales Manager actually seemed like a great person with some intelligence. The next two managers who came in where like something out of a sitcom. I struggle to write this review but these two managers are why people end up leaving their jobs after 4-6 months. Imagine your worst manager and what the outcome was.

Interview Questions
    • Would you be upset if a nerve football hit you or your desk? How would you react? The Sales Director asked me this question.   View Answer

Major Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at RingCentral in June 2014.

3 interviews, very well planned, but I think that was only because of the recruiter. They tried to push me down 1 level in my career. They pushed me to take a mid market sales job at 50k salary and 100k on target (not very many of the reps here hit quota- bad territory alignment?). Mid Market salaries in the Bay Area start at 70k. I honestly believe that they didn't want to hire me for a Major role because I'm not a man. It seems to be a VERY macho team.

Culture & Pay

Product Marketing Manager Interview

2 phone interviews...then crickets. After emails to the HR contact I received a call saying that I was "still in the running" but they are continuing to source additional candidates. What kind of corporate double-speak is that?!

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question (after the phone calls) would be "Did I get the job?"   View Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at RingCentral in May 2014.

After initial contact through a recruiter phonescreen I was contacted promptly within the next few days to schedule a follow up video conference interview. I met multiple members of the team during the interview, all of whom asked relevant questions and were clear in their expectations. I was contacted within that week to set up an onsite interview, which upon arrival went great. I was impressed with the office and people, especially my interviewer who was straightforward, but honest and relaxed. The whole process from phone screen to hire took about 3 weeks.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing exceptionally difficult. Have to be quick on your feet and confident in exemplifying your business acumen.   Answer Question

Senior Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I applied through other source – interviewed at RingCentral.

The process started with a phone call. I reached out to several people regarding an opportunity. In fact, an ex-RingCentral'er took the time to call me and tell me to run in the other direction. I took it with a grain of salt and proceeded. After an initial call, it was 3 weeks until an onsite interview was scheduled. My onsite interview consisted of a "peer" conversation and a subsequent conversation with the manager of the team. Red flags were popping all over the place, including the reception in the office, the chaotic environment, the nasty tables in the cafeteria, the lack of ANY structured interview, and the overall candidate experience. I can't imagine bring candidates into that environment. I didn't follow through with the process after the initial face-to-face encounter and could never see myself working for this company. In hindsight, I should have heeded the warning from the ex-employee. Complete waste of time.

Interview Questions
    • There were no difficult questions - in fact, it was an hour long conversation qualifying everything that was wrong and broken about the company and client groups.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at RingCentral in November 2013.

The Interviewers were late and attitudes were, you will wait......I waited in the lobby for 30 minutes before my interview started.

Interview Questions

Didn't like company culture and the way I was treated initially.