RingCentral

Relevance Date Difficulty

Major Account Executive Interview

Major Account Executive
San Francisco, CA

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at RingCentral in June 2014.

Interview Details – 3 interviews, very well planned, but I think that was only because of the recruiter. They tried to push me down 1 level in my career. They pushed me to take a mid market sales job at 50k salary and 100k on target (not very many of the reps here hit quota- bad territory alignment?). Mid Market salaries in the Bay Area start at 70k. I honestly believe that they didn't want to hire me for a Major role because I'm not a man. It seems to be a VERY macho team.

Interview Question – Nothing out of the ordinary   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Culture & Pay

Sales Representative Interview

Sales Representative
Denver, CO

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at RingCentral in July 2014.

Interview Details – Referred by recruiter. Easy to get an interview at this company. You take some online skill and personality tests, you pass and your invited for an interview where several people in management interview you. They are late to arrive (no apology), border on obnoxious in my opinion. The word professional doesn't show up in this company culture. The first Sales Manager actually seemed like a great person with some intelligence. The next two managers who came in where like something out of a sitcom. I struggle to write this review but these two managers are why people end up leaving their jobs after 4-6 months. Imagine your worst manager and what the outcome was.

Interview Question – Would you be upset if a nerve football hit you or your desk? How would you react? The Sales Director asked me this question.   View Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Business Analyst
San Mateo, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at RingCentral in May 2014.

Interview Details – After initial contact through a recruiter phonescreen I was contacted promptly within the next few days to schedule a follow up video conference interview. I met multiple members of the team during the interview, all of whom asked relevant questions and were clear in their expectations. I was contacted within that week to set up an onsite interview, which upon arrival went great. I was impressed with the office and people, especially my interviewer who was straightforward, but honest and relaxed. The whole process from phone screen to hire took about 3 weeks.

Interview Question – Nothing exceptionally difficult. Have to be quick on your feet and confident in exemplifying your business acumen.   Answer Question

Coordinator Interview

Coordinator
San Mateo, CA

I applied online and interviewed at RingCentral.

Interview Details – Chaotic and disorganized interview process. The interviewers were very pompous and somewhat rude. One of them even said that the people there will "run through you" and that you are expected to work overtime a lot.. which implies something about their culture (I actually would like to thank him for being frank). I left the interview thinking RingCentral wasn't my top priority. Then I received a phone call from a recruiter telling me that they were interviewing other candidates, which is fine but no additional follow up after that.

Interview Question – One of the interviewers randomly gave "test" questions.   Answer Question

Sales Development Interview

Sales Development
Denver, CO

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at RingCentral in March 2012.

Interview Details – Overkill and very pompous managers. Managers lie about culture and support. Never ever would I recommend unless desperate. Managers make company seem pristine when actuality is a low grade income and over work employees. Expectations were unrealistic and not set in interview.

Negotiation Details – No

Senior Manager Interview

Senior Manager
San Mateo, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at RingCentral in February 2013.

Interview Details – Disorganized... company seemed to be scrambling to find people to interview me at the last minute. Overall, took 5 separate visits to company. Interviewers asked good, relavent industry specific questions.

Negotiation Details – Straightforward and fair

Product Marketing Manager Interview

Product Marketing Manager

Interviewed at RingCentral

Interview Details – 2 phone interviews...then crickets. After emails to the HR contact I received a call saying that I was "still in the running" but they are continuing to source additional candidates. What kind of corporate double-speak is that?!

Interview Question – The most difficult question (after the phone calls) would be "Did I get the job?"   View Answer

Account Manager Interview

Account Manager
Denver, CO

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at RingCentral in March 2012.

Interview Details – below average, flown to CA for five back to back interviews and didn't have a conference room available, all interviews were hastily thrown together

Interview Question – nothing unusual   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – hurried, and my boss did a very poor job explaining the comp plan, was lead to believe the base salary was just that - the base - nope, that was including commissions and based on past quotas that were increased after taking the job

Senior Recruiter Interview

Senior Recruiter
Denver, CO

I applied through other source and interviewed at RingCentral.

Interview Details – The process started with a phone call. I reached out to several people regarding an opportunity. In fact, an ex-RingCentral'er took the time to call me and tell me to run in the other direction. I took it with a grain of salt and proceeded. After an initial call, it was 3 weeks until an onsite interview was scheduled. My onsite interview consisted of a "peer" conversation and a subsequent conversation with the manager of the team. Red flags were popping all over the place, including the reception in the office, the chaotic environment, the nasty tables in the cafeteria, the lack of ANY structured interview, and the overall candidate experience. I can't imagine bring candidates into that environment. I didn't follow through with the process after the initial face-to-face encounter and could never see myself working for this company. In hindsight, I should have heeded the warning from the ex-employee. Complete waste of time.

Interview Question – There were no difficult questions - in fact, it was an hour long conversation qualifying everything that was wrong and broken about the company and client groups.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager
San Mateo, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at RingCentral in November 2013.

Interview Details – The Interviewers were late and attitudes were, you will wait......I waited in the lobby for 30 minutes before my interview started.

Interview Question – Someone asked me how old was I.   View Answer

Reason for Declining – Didn't like company culture and the way I was treated initially.

Worked for RingCentral? Contribute to the Community!