Rio Tinto Minerals

2.8

Interviews for Top Jobs at Rio Tinto Minerals

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Rio Tinto Minerals.

Phone interview with HR. Group interview with manager and team. On-site group interview with various departments, building tour and lunch with accounting group.

Interview Questions
    Did not try to negotiate as this was an entry-level position.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenwood Village, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenwood Village, CO

I applied in-person – interviewed at Rio Tinto Minerals in April 2010.

Very slow, too many people involved, Involvement of so many people appeared to be a waste of time.
    My initial feeling was that perhaps people around here dont have much to do.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Rio Tinto Minerals in May 2009.

Very easy interview. Just couple phone call interviews based behavioral simple questions, then 1:1 interviews with teammates which is very easy. They have a list of questions about experience and I got asked same question three times.

Regional IS&T Demand Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Frankfurt am Main (Germany)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Frankfurt am Main (Germany)

I applied online. The process took 8 weeksinterviewed at Rio Tinto Minerals in June 2012.

Applied online and a week or so later had a follow-up call from their HR and went through some general screening questions. They asked me to follow up by email within 24 hours on a couple of motivation questions. I got a call a day after that telling me I had a face-to-face interview with the hiring manager the following week (about 4 days later).

Seemed very fast response up until this point and was told I'd get feedback within 2 weeks of the interview, but didn't hear anything back until well over a month later.

Interview Questions
    • How do you see the ratio between strategy and day-to-day work, in this role?   Answer Question

FIN Analyst Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Rio Tinto Minerals in June 2008.

Pretty easy... Couple behavioral questions and background check. That is it!