Rio Tinto Minerals

Relevance Date Difficulty

Accountant Interview

Accountant
Denver, CO

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Rio Tinto Minerals.

Interview Details – Phone interview with HR. Group interview with manager and team. On-site group interview with various departments, building tour and lunch with accounting group.

Interview Question – Very standard questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Did not try to negotiate as this was an entry-level position.

Analyst Interview

Analyst
Denver, CO

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Rio Tinto Minerals in May 2009.

Interview Details – Very easy interview. Just couple phone call interviews based behavioral simple questions, then 1:1 interviews with teammates which is very easy. They have a list of questions about experience and I got asked same question three times.

Interview Question – Really, there was no difficult questions   Answer Question

Regional IS&T Demand Manager Interview

Regional IS&T Demand Manager
Frankfurt am Main (Germany)

I applied online and the process took 8 weeks - interviewed at Rio Tinto Minerals in June 2012.

Interview Details – Applied online and a week or so later had a follow-up call from their HR and went through some general screening questions. They asked me to follow up by email within 24 hours on a couple of motivation questions. I got a call a day after that telling me I had a face-to-face interview with the hiring manager the following week (about 4 days later).

Seemed very fast response up until this point and was told I'd get feedback within 2 weeks of the interview, but didn't hear anything back until well over a month later.

Interview Question – How do you see the ratio between strategy and day-to-day work, in this role?   Answer Question

FIN Analyst Interview

FIN Analyst

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Rio Tinto Minerals in June 2008.

Interview Details – Pretty easy... Couple behavioral questions and background check. That is it!

Worked for Rio Tinto Minerals? Contribute to the Community!