Riot Games

4.5

3 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Monica, CA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Monica, CA

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Riot Games in January 2013.

Send application on November 11. First contact was on December 4th to schedule a telephone interview. On December 6th, I had my first interview with the Community Manager. During this interview, the questions were simple, why do you want to work at Riot, what would you do if you get this position, what are some of Riot's shortcomings? What would you do during this scenario?, the interview went well, you can actually fell when you did good on the interview. I was contacted to do a second interview 2 weeks later. This tame it was 2 employees from Riot Games, both from different deparments, they asked me more difficult questions, different scenarios, and they wanted to know what would I do for the gaming world if given the chance to work at Riot. Alot of questions, about my past experience, the only way to get trough, is you better have experience on the gaming community, otherwise it would not be possible to answer those questions.
I was invited to Riot offices on january 18th
 I will not disclose any of the questions asked during any of the interviews, since they make you sign a non disclosure agreement at that point, which I will respect.

Interview Questions
  • Before the NDA.
    "Imagine a LAN Center is not following the Riot Guidelenes, what would you do in order to warn the LAN center without damaging the relationship between Riot and the customers of that given LAN Center?"

Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Riot Games

Community Coordinator Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Riot Games.

phone interview#1
    phone interview#2
    on-site interview
    conference interview

I applied for the position in other region though official website
    Then, I got a reply in three days. The HR arranged two phone interviews on the day right after she called me.

The first interviewer asked questions about game experience, even other games.
    The second interviewer asked the details in games.If you are really addicted to the game, you can handle it. He also said that he would like to invite me for an on-site interview.

On-site interviewer is the one in the phone interview#2. However, the questions turned to be more difficult, which are the things I didn't consider before.

After about a month, the HR sent an email to ask me whether I am interested in another position.
    I accepted, and she arranged an conference interview for this.

The conference interviewer asked normal questions about your experience, this positions, and self-assessment.

Community Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at Riot Games in June 2013.

1x Assessment
    1x Skype Interview
    1x Face to Face Interview
    1x Hiring Council Interview (with US on phone)