Riot Games

Updated Aug 30, 2014

3.2

4 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Intern Interview

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Riot Games in February 2014.

I contacted Riot and got interview around 2 - 3 weeks later in February. First, they gave me an online test about everything related to my position, that was hard to finish in an hour.

Then I got first round phone interview from a manager, which was just about culture fit. The conversation was very casual and even asked my about my favorite champion.

Then I went into the second round interview about technical skills. Questions are not too hard but interesting to answer. Even through I answered one question wrong, I still got into the onsite in the mid of March.

Onsite was a very long process for the whole day. We played LoL and then went through 4 small individual interviews. I met most of my future teammates there. The total process is really smooth and interesting. Rioters are really friendly and they know you can be nervous for this long onsite. Everything went well.

Other Interview Reviews for Riot Games

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Riot Games in June 2014.

Applied Online, One Interview through the phone, didnt get through. Basically you apply online submit all the documents and answer all the relevant questions, after that theyll contact you through email for a phone interview and then after that face to face, pretty cool

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Santa Monica, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Monica, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 months - interviewed at Riot Games in February 2013.

Submitted my resume via a friend who works at the company. Then had a few phone interviews with employees in several groups. After the initial screen was flown out to HQ to meet with another half dozen people. Interviews lasted from 9AM to 3PMish with a lunch interview as well.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing particularly difficult or unexpected. A lot of the hiring process has to do with culture fit   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Riot Games.

The process began with the application submission on the 15th of January. I included a cover letter that went into detail about my history with gaming and League of Legends. You might be asked to do an IQ or skills test. Then began the phone interviews.

You hop on the phone with someone who works in the area you're looking to work in, and you spend half an hour talking about League of Legends, the specific area you're looking to break into, and talk through some problems in that space. If you're a programmer, you'll talk through some projects that you may have worked on, for other positions, you talk about experience in the area or problems that would need solving. This type of thing continues for multiple iterations, sometimes occurring on skype for a more face to face interview. I had three interview total over the phone with three different people all on the team I was interested in.

In my case, there was a coding test before I was invited on site. YMMV if you get one too.

If you pass these phone interviews, you're invited on site for an interview. The day starts off with a tour and a game with Rioters, which is a blast. If you're a League of Legends fan, you'll love seeing everything the office has to offer. You then have lunch, which is an informal affair that is being assessed too, just be yourself and talk about why you wanted the position, it's very guided and structured so you can show yourself off. Then begins the face to face interviews. Most of my interviews were 30 minutes long, and I met with the heads of the respective departments that I was interviewing for, as well as a mix of people I've talked to on the phone, or even never talked to before. You'll be asked some of the same questions, some different ones, and you might even have to continue conversations you had with earlier interviews. I think I had around six interviews total, including one hour long interview that was more technical in nature. After that, it's a wait for the offer.

Interview Questions
    • What is the one question you wished we asked, and what's the answer to that question?   Answer Question

Worked for Riot Games? Contribute to the Community!