Riot Games

Relevance Date Difficulty

Not Important Interview

Not Important
Santa Monica, CA

I applied online and the process took 2+ months - interviewed at Riot Games.

Interview Details – I applied for the position on Riot's career website around mid November and was contacted around the end of November to submit in a cover letter/shot essay about why I believe I would be a good fit. I contacted again around the first week of December to complete an assessment that got harder the more you got correct. You got 20 minutes to answer as many as you can. A week later I was contacted by a Recruiting Coordinator for my 1st interview. I was asked if I played the game, what my rank was and who my favorite champion was. Other than that, it was more of a get to know you and make sure you are a correct fit for this position. About a week and a half after that I was contacted for another phone interview that was very similar to the first but dug in a little deeper. Around this time, Riot was going on their Holiday break and I was told I would hear back when they got back in the office after the new year. I heard back and was contacted for a 3rd phone interview from a person that I am guessing would have been my peer. I was told that following this I would go over to Santa Monica to meet everyone face to face and get a tour of the building however I was contacted the next day and setup for a 4th phone interview for a few days later with a lead for thd department I would be joining. I was told that following this interview, I would fly down. At this point the process had taken about 2.5 months. I felt the 4th interview could have went better, but I do not feel it went poorly. I was contacted 3 days later to alert me that Riot is pursuing other candidates.

I wish I knew what exactly changed from the first 3 great interviews to the 4th interview that made them change their mind about bringing me in. I'm not sure if they believe I'm not a fit culture wise or what but I plan on trying again in about a year as Riot would be a great company to work at.

Interview Question – Nothing really difficult in the phone interviews, very standard questions. I cannot comment on the onsite interview as I did not make it that far   Answer Question

Worked for Riot Games? Contribute to the Community!